The Triplets Pt. 06

Story Info
Meredith and Aiden come to an agreement.
4.6k words
4.74
7.5k
10

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/18/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry for the delay. I've switched editors. So grateful to Tigersman for editing! I look forward to any comments. Hope you enjoy reading.

*****

(Aiden)

Aiden helped the very angry Meredith into the carriage. Before he went in himself, he asked the driver to take them to the Sherry, the healer. The man bowed slightly and took up the reins as Aiden slipped into the carriage. Meredith sat at the far side against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest as she stared out the window. Aiden sighed and sat across from her, his knees brushing against the skirts of her dress.

She shifted away.

"Meredith, if I may, you are behaving like a child."

She ignored him.

"Would you at least look at me?"

No response. Aiden dragged a hand over his face as he tried to dredge up patience from his sleep deprived mind. He tried several more times for her to respond, but when nothing seemed to make her react, he picked himself up and sat beside her. Resolutely, Meredith stayed faced away from him.

Aiden, fed up with her childish behavior, grabbed her roughly by the chin and kissed her, just so she would react. For a long moment, she remained impassive, her lips clamped shut. Aiden gentled his assault and tried to tempt her into kissing him back. He placed teasing nibbles to the corners of her mouth, nipping into her bottom lip, and stroking his thumb up and down her sensitive throat.

Her lips parted on a shaky breath. Aiden immediately took the opening, deepening the kiss and coaxing her tongue to meet with his. She was just as sweet as he had remembered. The carriage came to a stop and he was forced to remove his mouth from Meredith's. A moment later the door opened.

Aiden took a breath, trying to cool his blood, and exited the carriage. He turned and waited to help Meredith out. She licked her lips once before taking his hand and stepping down. She immediately withdrew her hand and began walking. Aiden smiled when she paused mid-step and looked at the building.

"Where are we?"

"The healer."

"Oh, very well then."

Meredith continued to walk forward and even knocked on the door herself. Sherry answered the door. Aiden quickened his steps as the women introduced themselves.

"Hello, Sherry. Sorry for coming so early."

"Nothing less from you Aiden. You're full of surprises. Anyway what brings you back here again?"

He caught Meredith's quick glance.

"I've brought you a patient."

"Well come in then."

Sherry led Meredith to her kitchen and sat her down at the table. As she collected bread, butter, and different jams, Sherry asked about what exactly was the problem.

"Meredith was drugged last night. One of the Red's new drugs, from what Kaleb told me."

Sherry nodded her head and placed plates and knives on the table.

"Help yourselves. I'll just pour the tea. What were the symptoms she experienced?"

Aiden went through what he remembered and finished with the headache earlier that morning. Meredith added what she remembered as well, even recalling a strange salty drink. Sherry nodded her head as she stood over the boiling kettle.

"And how do you feel now?"

"Much better than last night, but I've still got a bit of a headache and I'm still quite thirsty."

Sherry added a few strange looking things into the boiling water and brought the kettle to the table. Aiden cut the loaf of bread and handed a slice to Meredith. He watched as she buttered it lightly before topping it with a generous amount of jam. Aiden wondered if she had a sweet tooth as well. That might explain why she tasted so sweet.

Aiden skipped the butter and slathered jam onto his own slice. The bread was good, the jam even better. As he chewed, Sherry poured them all tea. Meredith cupped the mug between both of her hands and sipped the steaming liquid. Aiden hesitated for a moment, before looking at Sherry.

"It's fine. Nothing you wouldn't recognize."

Aiden grinned at her and took a cautionary sip. He knew that Sherry sometimes had strange tastes, at least for tea. He certainly couldn't differentiate what was in it, but it wasn't bad. She rolled her eyes at him before turning back to Meredith.

"What did they give you to treat the drug?"

"Some charcoal and about half a pitcher of water," Aiden replied.

Sherry sighed and shook her head. "Well at least they didn't just give her water."

"Well, Meredith. You shouldn't be too worse off. Those drugs are meant to be taken in several doses. One dose will only give you a nasty upset stomach and a blistering headache. Much like too much wine or beer. Though I would ask you a question of a more personal nature, but seeing as Aiden is still here. . ."

"It's fine, Sherry. I know when I'm not wanted."

"That's surprising to hear," Sherry retorted.

(Meredith)

She liked Sherry. She was matter-of-fact and knew how to keep Aiden under control, though she had felt a twinge of jealousy upon their meeting. Sherry was slim and several inches shorter than she was. She had bright blonde hair neatly braided down her back and the prettiest brown eyes.

But when she saw Aiden and Sherry standing close to one another, she couldn't help but enviously think that they made a handsome couple.

"I know you may not feel comfortable with such questions, but it is for your benefit."

Meredith nodded her head and set her tea back onto the table.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I know Aiden. And I know Aiden around women, though I have to admit you're the first dragon blood he's taken an interest in. Have you two been intimate recently?"

Meredith simultaneously felt her heart sink and her face color. Her first instinct was to lie. What harm would it cause and despite liking Sherry, she didn't know her. However, she was a healer and what if there was a possibility of something harmful. Slowly, Meredith nodded.

Sherry sighed and placed a comforting hand over hers.

"Meredith, I know I've just met you, but honestly, most of the fault lies with Aiden. He should have known better." Sherry sat back and pursed her lips together, her neat brows pinched.

"You must know that Dragons are exceptionally fertile when copulating within their own race. Do you know if Aiden was . . . careful?"

A sickening feeling suddenly writhed in her belly. She looked at Sherry in panic.

"I can't be. . .It. . .It was only once."

"Meredith, calm down. I didn't mean to alarm you. Dragon bloods tend to gestate a little faster than humans. Drink some more tea. I'll have a word with Aiden."

Obediently, Meredith drank. She kept her eyes riveted to the table as Sherry got up. She had known that dragon bloods couldn't mate with humans, but she hadn't thought. . . She felt sick to her stomach again. Meredith hunched over and laid her head on the table. She could hear Sherry and Aiden whispering furiously now. Hot tears burned in her eyes as she thought over the consequences of her rash actions.

The door slamming startled her, but she didn't raise her head. She didn't want anyone to see her shameful tears.

"Meredith, come sit up. Good girl," Sherry said.

A soft sob escaped from her as she sat upright. Aiden was gone. Sherry patted her head and drew her close.

"There, there. It is not so bad. Shush now."

Meredith tried to stop the flow of tears, but they continued to fall, soaking the front of Sherry's shirt.

"What. . .what would happen if I am pregnant?"

"Since it was so soon, I don't think you would be anymore. Those drugs were made for prevention or abortion for humans before they were ever used for pleasure, but no one knows how it will effect a dragon fetus. It takes something powerful to effect dragon bloods."

Meredith swallowed thickly. Angrily she wiped at the tears that persisted on falling.

"I feel as if I've done nothing but cry for the past three days."

"A good cry now and again is actually quite therapeutic."

Meredith sighed and gulped down the rest of her tea. Once her tears stopped, she had a stuffy nose and her headache had returned. Her eyes felt swollen as well.

"Why did Aiden leave?"

"Oh, well . . . he feels quite terrible. I think he went out for some self-punishment. Which he deserves for what he's putting you through. Either way, there was no way we could have found out if you were or not. In this case, I would say it is rather fortunate that you were given the drug. Now if you really don't want to be mated with Aiden there would be no physical evidence to place a claim on you, besides your maidenhead."

Meredith rose from her seat and thanked Sherry. Her explanation did make her feel better. At least now she didn't feel as if she had inadvertently killed an innocent child. She exited the house and looked about. She spotted Aiden a ways away beneath an old oak tree. He was on his knees with his head bent forward.

Meredith walked slowly towards him, stopping when she stood behind him. She raised her face and stared at the rustling leaves. Breathing deeply, Meredith was surprised by how calm she felt when only moments ago she felt as if her life was falling about her.

"It's alright."

It was easier and truer than saying that she forgave him, but he wasn't solely to blame. Meredith took a deep breath and looked back at Aiden. His was still kneeling, but he was now looking at her rather than the ground. She couldn't read the expression on his face, but his blue eyes were bright with withheld tears.

"Meredith . . ."

"Aiden, it happened. It's over. It's alright. I'm alright. From what Sherry explained, nothing really happened to me."

Meredith placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you."

Aiden's hand covered hers before he rose to his feet. Meredith dropped her hand and took a step back to put a bit of distance between them. From past experience, she knew she couldn't control herself around him. He sighed heavily.

"Meredith, regardless of what we just learned, I still want you to be my mate, child or no. I never meant to force you into anything."

Meredith believed him, but like Aiden she didn't want to force him into anything just due to circumstances. However, if she had to confess, she was already half in love with the man. The only thing really making her hesitate were the various rumors she had heard about Aiden.

Not only was he a notorious womanizer, which she had firsthand experience with, but he was also away from Ardis for long spans of time. There were too many components to him that she didn't know and it frightened her. She wasn't sure she could love him enough to live a life where he was absent for long periods of time as well as seeking the company of other women.

"Aiden, I want to say yes, but I don't think I can. I can't live a life with you where you are off on your adventures and I have to stay in an empty home. I can't trust you enough to believe you will be faithful when you've been free to pursue any woman you want. I don't want to live tucked away in your head until you remember to visit. I know Es Dane isn't who I want to marry, but I know he won't be sailing off with the next tide to another country. And I don't want to be the one to take that away from you. I want you to keep doing what you love. I want you to be happy," Meredith paused to swallow the lump in her throat. "But, I don't think you'll be happy with me."

Aiden closed the distance between them before the last word was fully out of her mouth.

"The only way I can convince you would be to share a life with you. I know I'm stupidly attached to this life of no responsibilities, but I'd be willing to give up everything just to make you trust me."

Aiden pulled her into his arms and held her tightly.

"Meredith, I'm asking for you to give me a chance."

"I don't know if I can."

"Tell me what I can say to convince you?"

"That's it Aiden. You just can't say something and convince me."

"Then marry me and I'll show you. Please, Meredith."

Meredith pulled away slightly and looked into Aiden's eyes. She could see his sincerity, but what would happen in a year or two? Would he still care about her as he did now? Was it worth the possibility of a broken heart for a few good years? However, when she thought of marrying Dane, she didn't think she would have the benefit of those memories to cushion a life with him.

"Alright, I'll marry you."

Aiden stared at her as if he hadn't heard what she had said. A second later, he was twirling her about, smiling and crowing at the top of his lungs. Meredith tried to shush him by covering his mouth with her hands, but she was laughing as well. He placed her back on her feet and smothered her face with kisses.

Their lips met and lingered. Before they sunk too far into the kiss, Aiden pulled away, a lopsided smile on his face.

"I have to go. My guardian should hear about this from my mouth," Meredith said.

"I will tell her. Let me take care of this."

She hesitated, but it would probably sound truer from Aiden than from her. When she nodded Aiden placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. They went back to Sherry's house to say their farewells before getting back into the carriage. Sherry passed her a small paper packet filled with dried herbs telling her it was her tea recipe.

Aiden sat next to her in the carriage. The mood was completely different from this morning. Aiden was still grinning and held her hand throughout the carriage ride. The simple contact sent warmth flooding through her. As they drew closer to her house, Meredith was beginning to realize the enormity of what she had just done.

Not only had she agreed to marry Aiden, but she had essentially agreed to join his family. The thought itself was frightening. She could only imagine how the community would react to their betrothal. She had a feeling that there would be unpleasant rumors and speculation about why Aiden had chosen her.

Aiden squeezed her hand, jolting her out of her thoughts. He reached for her other hand which was clenched around a portion of her dress. He smoothed her hand flat before interlacing their fingers together. Meredith marveled at how large his hands were compared to hers.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

Meredith sucked in a breath and raised her eyes to Aiden's. His smile had waned and worry clouded his expression. She squeezed his hand back and smiled as best she could. He didn't look convinced. Aiden released one of her hands to stroke her cheek with his thumb.

"Tell me. I'm a surprisingly good listener."

She laughed quietly.

"I'm just worried," she said.

"About?"

"Everything," she whispered.

He chuckled then and traced his thumb over her bottom lip.

"Shall I make you forget for a while?"

"And how do you. . ."

He muffled her words with his mouth, his lips coming down roughly on hers. Meredith fell into the kiss with abandon, escaping into the pleasure Aiden was offering. His fingertips caressed the sensitive column of her throat. For such large and callused hands his touch was feather light. He used his teeth to nip gently at her bottom lip.

She shivered slightly at the little shock of sensation that ran through her. Meredith retaliated by using her free hand to touch him through his pants. She smiled when he groaned loudly, the straining bulge in his pants hardening beneath her fingers.

"You don't play fair, Meredith," he said. In the daylight, she could see the gold tinging his eyes. It was beautiful and hypnotic.

"I didn't know there were rules to follow," she said, squeezing lightly.

Aiden grunted and returned to her mouth with renewed vigor. He devoured her, his skillful tongue demanding she join his fervor. Abruptly, she felt the carriage rock to a halt. She disentangled herself from Aiden and looked out the window. They had arrived at her home. Nervously, she pushed her hair back from her face and tried to smooth the creases in her borrowed dress. Her blood cooling significantly just from her anxiety.

Aiden shifted his legs and sighed heavily. Meredith glanced at Aiden's disgruntled expression, finding it amusing that he looked like a petulant child. She was about to tell him so when the door opened for them. Aiden got off first before helping her down. As they walked to the door, he took hold of her hand once more.

Esa Jaine had a modest home. Meredith wasn't sure why a pure silver blood such as Jaine lived in such a small house. She hadn't been told much about her mother's side of the family. After coming back from Es Dane's home, Meredith was almost embarrassed to have Aiden come inside. She just hoped that Esa Jaine wouldn't make too much of a fuss. Since Aiden was a gold, she doubted that Jaine would have too much to complain about.

Before he could raise his fist to knock, the front door swung open. Suddenly, Ella rushed towards her and pulled her close.

"Meredith, I am so happy you are safe."

"I'm sorry, Ella. I got sick last night and I stayed the night at Es Dane's home."

Ella held her at arm's length and looked over her. She sniffed loudly before letting go of her. Meredith noticed that Ella didn't miss the fact that she was holding Aiden's hand.

"Esa Jaine is quite upset. You'd better hurry in. Thank you sir, for escorting Meredith home."

"I'm actually here to talk with Esa Jaine with Meredith," Aiden said.

Ella blinked surprised and looked to her in confusion.

"It's fine, Ella."

At Meredith's nod, Ella backed out of the doorway to let them inside.

"Thank you, Ella. I'll take Es Aiden into the study," Meredith said. "If you would tell, Esa Jaine."

Ella nodded, surprisingly quiet and hurried off. Meredith turned to Aiden, who was looking at her questioningly.

"Follow me, it's just down the hall."

She led him to Jaine's study. Though it was called a study, Meredith was pretty certain the room was for appearances only. When Meredith had been younger she had found that some of the books on the shelves were blank. Meredith entered the room first and gestured for Aiden to take a seat in one of the armchairs. Once he was seated, he looked about.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"No, thank you."

Meredith anxiously twisted her fingers and chewed her bottom lip. A few moments later, Jaine entered the room quietly. From the pinched expression on the older woman's face, Meredith could tell she was not pleased. Jaine ignored her as she took a seat in the other armchair. Aiden rose to his feet when she had entered, sitting once more when she had been seated.

"Esa Jaine, if you have the time, Meredith and I would like to have a word with you."

"Of course, Es Aiden. What can I assist you with?"

"I have just asked Meredith to marry me."

Jaine's brows rose, wrinkling her forehead. Her eyes narrowed briefly as if in disbelief.

"Is that so. I assume, she agreed?" Jaine said turning to her.

Meredith nodded her head, but kept silent.

"I see. Have your parents been notified, Es Aiden?"

"No, I thought it best to ask your permission before informing them," Aiden said smoothly.

Finally, Jaine smiled. It chilled her.

"Of course, this news is to be celebrated. I won't hold you here any longer. Your parents must be informed and plans made."

Jaine rose and extended her hand for Aiden to hold. Aiden held her fingers briefly before dropping them and turning to Meredith. He drew her into his side and almost dragged her from the room. Once they were back in the carriage, he expelled a loud breath.

"Ghastly woman," he muttered.

Meredith bit her lips shut to keep from laughing. She knew it was her familial duty to defend her guardian, but she really was unpleasant.

"Thank you for speaking with her."

"Anything for you."

Meredith blushed at his teasing comment. It had sounded genuine enough, but with Aiden it was hard for her to tell.

"Now the hard part. You get to meet my parents."

12