The Triplets Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you a lizard, Aiden?"

Aiden was a bit startled, but smiled at the boy and tousled his blonde hair.

"Your uncle likes to call me a sea lizard. I'm a one of a kind lizard."

"Does that mean you're like a lizard, but you live in the ocean?"

"I guess you can think of it that way, but I have to get married soon, so I'll just be a regular old lizard then, living on land and everything."

"My uncle says lizards only marry other lizards. Are you going to marry another sea lizard?"

"Well, I suppose if there was another sea lizard I would have married her, but since I haven't found one, I'll just have to settle for just a land lizard."

Marcel nodded his head gravely, as if what he had just said was very serious. Aiden found himself holding back his laughter in the face of Marcel's graveness.

"I heard your sister Lisa got married."

"Yes, and he's not a lizard."

"I see. Well I guess that means your sister is not a lizard either."

"No, she's just a person."

Aiden felt a bit strange having Marcel tell him that he didn't consider lizards or dragon bloods people. Before he could say anything more, Benny came back, his sister, Mora, behind him. She brushed her hands nervously against her apron and bowed her head. Aiden bowed as well.

"I was just telling Mora that you are getting married and need some advice on women," Benny said.

Dani and Jenna pouted behind their mother. He saw Mora eye him skeptically.

"From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be much to complain about Es Aiden," she said tartly to her brother.

Aiden bowed again, flattered and amused.

"Of course, he doesn't look like he's got problems. But some advice wouldn't hurt the man," Benny argued.

"Why don't you follow Es Aiden's example and find someone to marry you."

Benny made a disgruntled face before turning to his nephew.

"What do you think Marcel? I think the marriage fever is spreading. Let's run while we can."

They bolted out the door. Aiden heard Marcel giggling as they escaped. Mora turned to him, her eyes soft and indulgent.

"The man really should find himself a wife. He treats Marcel like his own, but it's different having your own children. Oh, excuse my manners. Please have a seat. Girls, bring some refreshments."

"It's not necessary, but I appreciate the thought. I've only come to say my congratulations," Aiden said.

"I can't very well send you off without so much as a cup of tea," Mora said.

Aiden spent the next half-hour chatting with Mora and her daughters. It was amusing to listen to the three of them bicker lightly with one another. It reminded him of his relationship with his brothers.

"Thank you for your hospitality. Give Benny my farewell," Aiden said to Mora as the girls led him to the door.

"What is your fiance like? Is she pretty?" Dani asked as soon as they were out of earshot of their mother.

"Does she come from a good family?" Jenna asked.

Aiden could hardly respond to their questions since they asked them almost simultaneously. He smiled at them as he stood under the door frame.

"Well, I think she is very pretty and I've only met one member of her family."

"Have you gotten her a present yet?" Dani asked.

"For what?" Aiden asked confused.

"For wedding you, of course," Jenna said.

"Oh, no. It slipped my mind entirely. What would you girls suggest?"

"Jewels," Jenna said immediately.

"Dresses," Dani said.

"I see. . .How about I take one of you with me for shopping advice?"

The two of them immediately began arguing on who would get to go. When it seemed like the argument would never come to an end, he heard Mora called out for Jenna. Her face crumpled in disappointment while Dani smiled smugly. Aiden held in his sigh of relief.

"Tell mother I'll be out for a while," she gloated.

Jenna let out a disgusted, disappointed noise and retreated back into the house. Aiden felt his lips tug upwards in a reluctant smile. Then he was escorting Dani down the streets towards the market. She pulled him into various shops, sighing dramatically over particularly gaudy trinkets that she claimed were absolutely lovely. He purchased one for her and another for her sister to make it fair, but couldn't imagine Meredith wearing anything so ostentatious.

He finally decided to get her a pair of hand gloves in a pearly gray with a matching set of heeled boots. He had the shop owner deliver the package directly to his house since he had not ridden in a carriage. Aiden planned to walk Dani back home, but she protested him having to walk so much. So he watched her as far as he could until she turned the corner. He wasn't too worried since it was just after midday and the streets were busy.

Of all the things he had expected that day, seeing Meredith staring at him across the street was not one of them. The expression on her face did not bode well either and he could already foresee the misunderstandings that were no doubt growing in her thoughts. His suspicions were confirmed when she promptly turned on her heels and walked quickly away.

Aiden wanted to kick himself for letting Dani drag him to the more exclusive shops that were favorites among the dragon bloods. He knew better than to let Meredith walk away before he could clear up the misunderstanding. Letting a woman stew was never a good thing.

He was surprised when it took him some time to finally catch up to her. Despite having a significant height advantage, Meredith could definitely travel fast. She slipped into one of the shops that lined the street. It was a dress shop, the window filled with extravagantly decorated gowns. Aiden hesitated only for a moment before going in.

He spotted Meredith speaking with another woman before she was led away further into the shop. Aiden was careful not to bump into anything as he made his way to her. Meredith pointedly ignored him. He felt a sharp jab of indignation. He'd honestly done nothing wrong. A woman he assumed worked in the shop approached him.

"May I help you, sir?"

"I've only come to speak to my fiance," he said, still walking after Meredith.

"If you are speaking of Lady Meredith, she is being fitted for her gown. I'm afraid you will have to wait until she has come out of the dressing room."

Aiden cursed softly beneath his breath. He scrubbed a hand over his face before turning to the woman. She looked a bit frightened.

"I'll wait," he said tersely.

She nodded. "If you wish, we have seating."

Aiden motioned for her to lead the way. She turned and moved quickly through the racks of dresses. Once he was seated in one of the armchair arranged just outside of the dressing rooms, Aiden thanked the woman. She bowed her head and quickly let him be. On any other day he would have felt guilty for treating any woman so curtly, but he hadn't the patience for it today.

With a groan, he heard the voice he was most dreading to hear. His mother breezed into the shop, rapidly spewing instructions to the harried woman keeping pace at her side.

"Aiden! What are you doing here?"

"Hello, mother. I suspect it's for the same reason you are here."

"Oh, is Meredith here already then?"

"In the dressing room as we speak," Aiden said.

12