The Trouble with Moonlighting

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nyneve
Nyneve
48 Followers

Drained, Howard pulled out of my mouth, fell to his knees and lay his head on my chest.

Piercing light from the front door jarred us awake three hours later.

Howard had at some point climbed onto the couch with me. I stretched languorously only to jump straight up screaming. "Oh my God! Holy crap! I'm going to be so late for work. I'm never late for work."

Being unceremoniously dumped onto the floor caused Howard to jump to his feet in an attempt to find the fire. "Francesca! Calm down. What the hell is the matter? You are at work! What are you talking about?"

"Huh? What? Oh, no. My other job. This is only my side job. I'm sorry. Really, but I have to go. I would call in, but I just can't. Not today."

I ran back to the bathroom and tried to clean up and straighten my clothes the best I could. Thankfully, Howard was still sitting on the couch where I had left him.

"Here, this is my cell phone number." I rushed out as I handed him a scrap of paper. "I found paper and pen in Bob's office. I really do have to go, but if you're still interested, call me this evening."

I gave him a peck on the cheek, pushed him out the door, locked it behind me, and did Mach 1 as I tried to get to work on time.

Thus I find myself hiding away in the copy room wearing the same shirt I wore to the club. I hear Mr. Bradley getting progressively closer.

"Thompson! Have you seen what's-her-face from accounting? I can't find her and I need that report."

"If you mean Fran sir, then I believe she's in the copy room printing out that report now."

"Hmph. She better be," he said as he walked in the door.

I jumped out from behind the cabinet and pretended to be checking the printer as he crossed the threshold.

"Oh hello, sir!" I smiled pretending that I was not really screaming inside. "I was just about to bring you this report. I had a little trouble with the printer jamming."

He showed he acknowledged my comment by giving me a sharp nod, but his eyes were glued to my chest. His face broke into a full-on grin as he pulled his eyes up to mine.

"Of course you were, Fran," he said in a saccharine voice. I will be sure to have someone look at it. In the meantime why don't you come back to my office with me? I have a client waiting in my office to see that report. I believe if you were to explain the details, it might smooth things over a little better.

"Oh sir, I don't know," I hedged. "I am not very good with presentations. I'm liable to do more harm than good."

"No, I find I have to insist. This client requires special handling and I believe you would be just the girl to help with that. This is a very important client and we cannot afford to lose him."

Eyes downcast, I nodded my assent.

With a swift leer at my chest, he grinned, "Wonderful! Grab that report and follow me."

I pulled the report off the printer and drug my feet as I followed him down the corridor to his office. All the effort I had put into keeping below his radar went up in a big ball of smoke. I would get no peace now. It looked like I was going to have to find a new job now. As good as the money at the club was, I still didn't have enough saved up to start my business.

Feeling defeated, I walked the last few steps into his office. He walked behind his desk and motioned me forward. A man was seated in one of the large chairs facing the desk. There was something familiar about his shape, but I was too nervous to think.

Mr. Bradley's booming voice broke into my defeatist fog. "Charles, I would like to introduce you to Fran from our accounting department. She's been working the numbers on that report for you. I thought maybe she could explain them better. Fran, this is Mr. Charles Howard of Howard Engineering.

Realization dawned as the man turned and a weary Howard stood facing me. He was the first to recover from our discovery. Barely a flicker of recognition hit his face. Widening eyes and a flare of the nostrils were the only indication that he recognized me. "Fran you say, Ted?" he asked turning to Mr. Bradley.

"Yes, that's her name."

"Well, then it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Fran." he held out his hand and I gave him mine thinking to shake hands. He surprised me by turning it over and kissing the back of it. "Please tell me what this report says."

Whatever Howard...or Charles was thinking I could not tell, but he was determined to play this out so I was not going to disappoint. Pulling up my big girl panties, I ignored the butterflies in my stomach and I showed Charles Howard the brain behind the boobs. What he did after that remains to be seen.

Nyneve
Nyneve
48 Followers