The Trunk in the Attic Pt. 02

Story Info
Caleb's mystery ghost continues to tease him.
4.1k words
4.67
12.5k
10

Part 2 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/13/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 5

My day was filled with exploring the rest of my property and I found some interesting foundations that I thought might be of historical value. I had plenty of time so I went into town to the local library. I introduced myself and said I had bought some property east of town and was wondering where I could find some books on local history. I had a copy of my deed with me so I could look up the names that were listed as previous owners. Mrs. James was listed of course and her father before her, her Grandfather before that and so on back to the Mayflower. I found a book on local history, took out a library card, checked out the book and returned home for some detective work.

I found a whole chapter on the James Family and their properties, originally it was a large tract of land granted by the King of England back in the 1600's. Over the years it had been sold off in bits and pieces and now was down to the parcel I had bought. The James family had an interesting history starting with the original Sir Basil James. He had a fleet of ships that ferried people and supplies between England and the new world. The family business didn't change much over the next 150 years other than they shipped slaves instead of dry goods, the return trips brought sugar, rum and tobacco back to the continent. The family got out of the slave trade in the 1860's and switched to commerce instead becoming a more respected member of society. The industrial revolution brought another change in the family business as they switched to land based endeavors eventually going into the auto industry where they made a substantial fortune. I was surprised to find that the great- great- grandmother of Mrs. James was named "Etta".

I couldn't find any other reference to an Etta in the rest of the historical account of the James Family. My next step would be to Google the James Family and see if I could find any other information I could use. A search revealed much of the same information I already had but there was only one Etta mentioned. I would go to Ancestry.com and see if census records would reveal any other Etta's in the family. I couldn't find any other mention of an Etta other than what the one Great-great Grandmother of Mrs. James. Now I felt that I knew who the diaries belonged to and made them more personal. I was still a little unnerved that the book would follow me it was almost as if it was forcing me to read it.

I picked up the book again, it was drawing me to it whether I liked it or not and I opened it to where I left off. Etta described how she felt after her visitor took her virginity. She didn't seem despondent but was upbeat and looking forward to more visits. She mentioned that there was no evidence of the loss of her maidenhead on her sheets the next day. I had to wonder if she was really violated or if she was physically still a virgin. Quite a few pages just described her day to day life and some random thoughts about her next visit. After her last orgasm she was masturbating sometimes two or three times a day. The way young women were watched in those days I had to believe that she had become quite adept at getting herself off quickly and without much fanfare. Her best times with herself were at bedtime when she had the privacy of her own room.

A few weeks had passed until she had another visit from her phantom lover. She described much the same as her last visit with the exception that she was more aggressive and took an active part in the love making. I finally finished the book and stood it up on the table like I had done the past day or so and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I went to sleep easily and didn't have any visitors.

When I got up I looked at my bedside table and the book was there again. I didn't understand because I had finished the book last night. When I picked it up I saw it was the second diary, not the one I had finished. I brought it downstairs and went to stand it by the first one but it wasn't there. What the hell is going on here I knew I left it on the end table right by my chair where I had finished it the night before.

Later that morning I went into the attic and on the table I had set up was the first book lying face down. I didn't bring down another book because I wanted to see if it would appear as if by magic when I finished the second one in the series. I wanted to open the large book but after all the strange happenings I thought I would be told when it was time to look at it.

I looked at the pile of clothes and picked up the top one that I had found on the floor by my bed after my erotic "dream" a few nights ago. The next one was a flapper type dress with fringe around the skirt. I imagined my dark haired beauty in it and smiled to myself. The next one was a casual dress that might have been worn around the house on an average day. I found what might have been a swimming outfit; it had a small skirt that covered the upper thighs and a top that would protect any young woman's modesty. The final dress was what I could only imagine to be a wedding dress, white lace adorned the dress from top to bottom and again had a modest neckline. I made sure to keep them in the order I had found them because I believed that my spirit wanted it that way. I was still at a loss as to the meaning of the objects I found with the clothes and books but I felt sure it would be revealed before long.

I busied myself for the rest of the day trying to put the strange happenings aside but they stuck in my mind no matter how hard I tried to occupy myself with other things. I went down to the barn and poked around for a little while taking an inventory of the tools in the workshop. There was a good selection of hand tools and they were all of high quality. They had been wiped down with oil so there wasn't any rust on any of them. I looked around some more and in a back room I found all the garden tools I would need to do the yard work and tend a garden should I decide to put one in next spring. I checked the oil in the tractor and found it to be clean and the date on the filter said it was installed just before I bought the place. Mrs. James had seen fit to leave everything in the best condition she could. I went to the garage and looked in all the nooks and crannies but didn't find anything of interest. I had room for the tractor next to my car and because it was closer to the house I moved it to the garage. I was satisfied with the work I had done and returned to the house.

My imagination must have been working overtime because I felt like I was being followed everywhere I went. I washed up and decided to go to town and get something at the local pub, it would give me a chance to meet some of the locals and maybe pick up some information about my new acquisition. I found a bar and grill named "The Brew Crew" and went to sit at the bar. I ordered a beer and asked for a menu. A few guys were playing pool in a back room and the bartender seemed friendly asking me if I was new in town or just passing thru. I responded that I had just bought the James property and needed some company besides myself. He said I had come to the right place because it would get lively in here before long and there would be plenty of people to talk to.

He brought me the burger and fries I had ordered and stayed close as I ate my supper. The burger was great and I would have to remember to come here again and sample the rest of his menu. We talked between his getting drinks for the guys in the back room and I asked if he had any information on the property I had bought. He said there were a lot of rumors about the old place but didn't know if they were true or not. He mentioned that people said the place was haunted and Mrs. James was a little strange in as much as she seldom if ever left the house. She always had her groceries and supplies delivered to her and nobody had ever seen anyone there but her. A few local people did some work for her and everything was always done by mail or by instructions left for them on the porch. He asked how I had come to buy the place and I said I just drove up to the door and she came out to talk to me. She quoted me a price and I took it. He just scratched his head and said that was the first time he ever heard of anyone seeing her let alone talking to her.

The bar started to fill up and I saw a band come in and set up on a stage over in one corner. I thought I would take it easy around the women because I didn't know who was attached and who was available and didn't want to make enemies so soon after moving here. I was hoping the bartender would give me a hint and I explained the situation and he agreed to give me a thumbs up or down depending on who I was talking to. The band was pretty good and the crowd was having a good time. A few girls came up to me with some small talk and I enjoyed their company. I asked a few to dance and was having a good time when I looked towards the door and a dark haired woman in a flapper dress entered and looked right at me locking her eyes to mine. I went back to the bar and she came up to me, took my hand without saying anything and led me to the dance floor. The band played a slow song and she came into my arms, pressing herself to me in an intimate manner. I asked her name and she just shushed me holding me close. I looked at the bartender and he just shrugged as if to say he didn't know her. The song ended and she went towards the ladies room and I returned to the bar. The bartender confirmed that he didn't know who she was and I patiently waited for her to come back. I waited for over an hour and decided to leave for home. I opened the door to my car and smelled perfume, looking over to the passenger seat I saw the dress my mystery woman had been wearing.

I got home and brought the dress in with me. I just left it in the hall and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I remembered the dress in the attic and went to see if it was still there. I wasn't surprised to find it missing and made a bet with myself it would be there in the morning. It was!!!

Chapter 6

My encounter with the dark haired beauty at the bar had given me a clear memory of what she looked like and I booted my laptop to take another look at the pictures I took remotely the other night. Looking at the images I could see a striking resemblance to the woman I danced with last night. The body that pressed against me was solid and as real as any I had ever felt. There was nothing ghostly about that woman. I needed to find a picture of Etta. I was willing to bet everything I had in my bank account that my spirit was her. I remembered that I really didn't look too hard in all the closets to make sure everything was cleaned out so I started a thorough search of every hidey hole in the house. I found a few things that slipped behind shelves or tucked in corners but nothing that would tell me what Etta looked like. I was hoping to find a photo album or some sort of family record. I eventually found myself in the attic again and did a search of all the corners and in the rafters again coming up empty. The only place I didn't search yet was the basement, in fact I hadn't been in the basement at all. I opened the basement door and it was musty like most of them are in old houses. The stairs were solid and the floor was concrete but the lighting left a lot to be desired. The few lights didn't give much light and I went back upstairs to get a flashlight. There wasn't much downstairs just a few closets and a root cellar. I opened the cellar first and all I could see was shelves and bins that were made to hold canned vegetables and bushels of potatoes. The first closet I opened was empty but the second had a box full of records and documents so I took them upstairs with me.

I started to go thru the box one piece at a time and laid them out according to importance. Some of the stuff was just receipts for purchases that were made years ago. I did find some records pertaining to the history of the property and it was the same as I had in the book I got from the library but at least they were original documents. I had almost emptied the box when I saw a few pictures in the bottom. Looking at the pictures I almost fell off my chair, there was my dark haired spirit in the dress she wore last night. I was almost scared to turn the picture over. I was hoping that someone had wrote the name of the person that was pictured. Some of the images showed groups of people that I thought were probably family groups and my spirit was in a few of them. Turning the pictures over I could see where something had been written there. I couldn't read what was there but I thought I could scan them and maybe enhance it a bit. I had to be careful because any bright would fade the images even more. I decided to take a picture of the backs before I resorted to putting them thru a scanner.

Downloading the images to my laptop I did some work with Photoshop and managed to make the writing dark enough to read, low and behold the pic of my spirit had the name Etta on the back. I was overjoyed that I could now put a name to my visitor, maybe by calling her by name would draw her out more often. The other photos had names of family members that I could barely read. There was a baby in one of the photos and as far as I could determine it was Mrs. James because her first name was Marie. Now I had a photo record of the family that lived here about 100 years ago. I attached "post it notes" to the photos with the transcription of what I found on their backs.

I was resisting calling out to Etta to come to me, I had watched a few Ghost story shows that were popular and remembered how they tried to bring them out to them. I decided to let Etta come to me in her own way and from her tales that were in her diaries they had plenty of energy to manifest themselves. So far the only spirit I had encountered was Etta. I didn't know if there were any others residing in my house or was it me residing in theirs. Between doing stuff to keep me busy I would walk thru the living room and pat the diary that stood there just waiting for me to continue reading her life account.

After dinner I sat down intending to read a little of the second diary and turned to page one. "Welcome back Caleb" I read in the flyleaf, dropping the book I had to hug myself I was so shaken. I couldn't even get out of the chair to run if I wanted to. It seemed like I was frozen in place. I put my head back and closed my eyes trying to get my head around everything that was happening in this house. My mind couldn't accept what I had seen and I opened my eyes and bent to pick up the book. I didn't see it on the floor and when I turned a little there it was back on the end table. I reached for it again and got a small shock when I came in contact with it. I opened it again but the welcome I had seen before wasn't there. I went from page to page and couldn't find it. I know what I had seen, it wasn't my imagination. I didn't know if I wanted to read any more about Etta, things seemed to be getting out of hand. I wished she would just come and talk to me rather than scare the crap out of me.

I started to read the second volume and she told how other members of the family were acting strange. Her nocturnal lover was making regular visits and she had taken to preparing herself nightly expecting to make love to him. I must say she had schooled herself in the lovemaking arts, becoming the aggressor at times if her lover didn't do what she wanted quickly enough. I had to ask myself where she was getting the knowledge to make love to a spirit or a real person for that matter. Young ladies one hundred years ago didn't have written information to educate themselves and for all practical purposes most women didn't talk about "wifely duties". If her spirit was teaching her he was doing a good job, her diary indicated that she was quite a few years ahead of her time, other than the way she talked I would have thought she was from the 21 century. I read a little more hoping to get a better understanding about her remark saying the other people in the house were acting strange. I had to wonder if they were being visited also. She didn't say whether the affected persons were male or female but maybe it would be reveled in future volumes.

I put the book away for the night without reading what happened in the following pages. I felt like I was a voyeur while reading her story but because the way her stuff followed me around I didn't feel guilty. As I stood the book up on the table I said: "That's enough for today Etta, you have me excited enough for one day, perhaps you can visit me later tonight". I had to laugh at myself because I had given in to talking out loud to a ghost.

I checked the doors and turned off the lights as I made my way upstairs. I set up my camera again but this time I set it in movie mode and got ready for bed. I purposely left the book downstairs and I smiled to myself as I got into bed.

Chapter 7

I tried to sleep but my mind was turning round and round as I tried to make sense of the turn my life had taken in less than a week. It took an hour before I finally dosed off. Sometime during the night I felt someone get into my bed. I struggled to open my eyes but it was like they were glued shut. I could feel the warm body next to me and a hand stroking my face. Warm breasts pressed against me, soft lips caressed mine and I opened my lips to accept the tongue probing mine. I felt her fingers pinching my nipples as she straddled my thigh and rubbed her furry mound on me. By this time I was hard as a rock, pulsing and dripping precum as I waited for her next touch. I felt her rise up and straddle my legs, my cock brushing her wet slit. She paused a few seconds and let herself sink down impaling herself on my steel shaft. The heat and wetness of her tunnel engulfed me as she brought me to the brink of an orgasm. I could feel the boiling sperm traveling up my shaft and I shouted as it sprayed deep in her pussy. I immediately fell back asleep void of any dreams.

I awoke the next morning drenched with sweat and my cock sticky with my spend. I glanced over at the table and the book was there as expected. I remembered my visitor vividly as well as the great sex we had. I could smell her perfume on me as well as her sexual fluids and got up to shower before doing anything else. I washed longer than I had to but I was thinking about what happened. Was I really awake or was it just a dream. I didn't remember any noise other than my own, how did that happen. I looked at my camera and wondered if it recorded anything. Removing it from the tripod I went to my laptop before going downstairs for some coffee. I attached the cables and it said I had a new file. My hands were shaking as I pressed a few keys starting the download. The laptop said it would take ten minutes so as much as I wanted to stay I went and made some coffee taking a cup upstairs when it was done. I sat down, pressed the run key and leaned forward in expectation. I had forgotten the coffee as I watched a shadowy form come thru my closed door with the book and place it on the stand next to the bed. The shadow slid into bed with me and seemed to envelope my in its mist. I could see that it was female from its general shape and its movements were sexual as it writhed around over me. I could not see myself because I was totally surrounded by the misty shape but somehow I could tell I was enraptured by this spirit. It was only there for a minute or two but I felt like it was all night. I remembered in detail my "Dream" and it was incredible. I didn't just get fucked, I was made love to. I watched as the mist settled into a calm state and it just faded into nothingness as it left me to sleep in the bliss I felt when I woke up. At least I had some evidence so I could convince myself I wasn't crazy.

12