The Typewriter Pt. 01

Story Info
She lives out man's fantasies in her dreams.
4.4k words
4.33
8.4k
1

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/09/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If you are interested in the plot, some people find it easier to understand what is happening if they go back to read the intro.

Thanks to IM_skittles for helping me with editing.

Chapter 1 – Serafina's treasure

It was an ordinary summer day when I chose to stop at Arlen's antique corner. The moist heat enveloped me like a blanket and clung to my skin suffocating me. Looking back, I should have taken it as a sign to go home, but I kept looking through the piles of unwanted items from years before I was born.

I blame it on my mom, God rest her soul. She raised me on a million fantastic stories of magical objects that had the power to transform the ordinary into something unusual. Some part of me wanted that gift of mystery to turn my ordinary life into something more.

I wanted to be more than just another cog in the wheel, just another employee trudging through my day to get to where I could spend the money I had earned by selling my time. I wanted something back for those days, something that could not be found in another latte or glass of wine.

I don't remember when it started, actually. It was a whim. I walked into a store on the way home and sifted through the dusty junk in search of treasure. Even though months passed with no magical piece, I kept looking. Somehow I knew I would find it. I wish now that it had not found me.

It was in the back, which was a room I seldom visited. It was hard to get to in that crowded store. I mostly concentrated on the new things, the things in front that had just been acquired from estate sales and such. That day I had just started looking when a stranger came in. He was purchasing the antique ottoman in the back room so the shopkeeper went to the back to clean it off.

Maybe it was the grave impact of the dullness of my life that made me volunteer to help. I had been coming for months and although we rarely talked, I felt close to the owner. In any case, he accepted. A few minutes later I was heaving boxes and lifting books.

I knew the moment I touched it. I ran my finger across the worn plastic where a hundred other fingers had brushed a hundred times. My finger rested briefly in the cool ring of metal and I felt this tiny shock. Images filled my mind of women carting around this beloved object, of writers creating their first novel. Stories popped into my mind of the janitor who was able to write award winning poems because he had used a special typewriter. In my mind I was accepting the Pulitzer prize.

"How did you get such an amazing idea?" they would ask. I would smile and rest my hand on the keys.

"Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to let me get this man's furniture out of my place?"

I blinked for a moment, the words slow to register in my brain. I wrapped my arms around that treasure and walked back to the cash register. I was afraid to put it down for fear I would lose the one chance I had at an exciting life. If I had known what that meant, I would have left it and never come back.

He tried to talk me out of it. I don't know if he knew or if he had another buyer. I steadfastly refused. It was mine and nothing was going to take it away.

It must have been that very first night that I put it on the kitchen table before turning to get a glass of wine. My buyer's remorse filled me before I could open the bottle.

"I should have spent the money on something more practical. What I really needed was to save up money for a new table, not another object to set on top of it."

The cork popped out easily in my hands releasing the faint juicy scent of cherries and dried fruit. As I poured it into a glass, my mind kept on its negative path. "I should have saved the money for a new place to live."

None of these things changed the reality. The typewriter still sat innocently on the table as I swirled the deep red liquid in my glass. I felt the weight settle on my shoulders as I sighed. I would never be anything but a single girl in a crappy apartment in the not-so-good part of town.

"What's wrong with me?" I said to my empty apartment, "It is nothing but a mass of metal and plastic. It's not going to change anything. It probably doesn't even work."

I looked around my place, filled with these tiny adventures: the paperweight from the rare book store, the pen from the antiques dealer, the desk from a garage sale, the dusty guitar from the pawn shop. My life was filled with tiny objects that I had a feeling about. I had never been transformed into the person in my dreams.

Instead, my life was filled with a strange collection of objects that didn't belong together. Nothing ever seemed to turn out the way I intended. I figured this was going to be yet another amusing story about how I had bought a piece of junk to fulfill a fantasy.

I stopped myself. There was no point in this line of thinking. I should see if my new artifact worked and then go about my life. It might at least inspire me to keep up on the correspondence that I complained about. I took a deep drink from the glass and let the dark sweet liquid drain the day from my body while I rummaged through the apartment for a blank sheet of paper.

The roller complained as I loaded the paper, but I finally got it in. I settled down on the plastic coated seat of my metal chair and looked at the blank page.

"What do I write?"

After sitting for a while I finally recalled the sentences we had to learn to type in high school typing class: The big brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. As I pressed on the keys I felt the satisfying click of the metal die on the paper. It made me smile slightly as my fingers missed one key and a few of them got stuck together. I had to reach in to untangle them.

"This is why people use computers these days." I thought as I looked at the device. I rolled the paper up to look at the words.

For the most part it seemed to work. The "o" was a little light on one side and the keys were a little stiff. The j and u smeared where my fingers had brushed the carbon tape as I unstuck the keys, but they were still readable. A faint line marked the paper where the roller had rested on the white background. It was almost unnoticeable unless you were looking for it. I figured that it would get better with time.

With that, I turned my attention to more pressing matters, the evenings shows. I moved my glass and my bottle to the living room and flopped on the couch. The last thing I remember was Jay Leno preparing to introduce a new guest. I don't know when I finished the bottle of wine I had opened. I do not know when I typed the letter to Dan or how I got into bed. I just know when I began to dream

**************************************

The warm water felt incredible as it rolled over my naked skin, filling me with its heat. The soft liquid slipped over my shoulders and down my back as I tilted my hair back into it. I reached over to take the bar of soap in my hands and was surprised at how soft it felt. As I built lather in my hands, the scent surrounded me with a touch of pleasure.

The white bubbles multiplied, and I rubbed them up over my shoulder and down across my breasts. It felt so good. My body tingled, feeling more alive with every touch. As I ran my hand down over the curve of my hip and up across my thighs, I could sense the rest of my body waking up. I felt my cunt began to tingle and my breasts ached to be touched.

Everything seemed to slip away into the sensation. My hands began tracing patterns on my skin as though they belonged to a lover that had been away for years. My fingers slipped over the curve of my breast and for the first time I was pleased. I didn't go into my tirade of self hatred. I dove into the sensations of my flesh and the excitement they brought.

I had never been good at masturbation, but something was different. I closed my eyes and began to explore my body as I never had before. I tried to see how lightly I could touch myself. Could I feel my skin through the millimeter of air that separated my fingertips from my body? As I tried, my hand brushed against my nipple and I could not stop the gasp of unexpected pleasure.

I opened my eyes and watched my nipples harden as I teased them and gently pinched them. I ran my hands under each breast and began rhythmically running my thumbs over my nipples causing them to harden more. Waves of electricity washed over my body, building with each touch. I felt like my body was shaking. It was as though I was made of shimmering starlight escaping the darkness of my life.

My hand moved down exploring the curve of my belly and the slope of my hips before sliding over my knee and moving back up my inner thigh. I wanted so much to just fall back and let some man pound me into that bright light of orgasm. It had been so long since a man had excited me in that way, but I was alone with the water. There was nothing here but my fingers and my body.

One hand sought out the tender nub of pleasure between my thighs as the other continued to brush across my hard nipple. I could feel the moisture escape my lips as I pressed the tips of my fingers inside me and rubbed the heel of my hand against my clit. As the moans escaped my lips, it was as if each sound caused the pleasure to build more. It made me want to scream myself to completion, but I knew screaming was not enough.

With one hand I began to plunge my fingers deep inside myself while I continued to rub my clit with the other hand. I began rhythmically moving my hand in and out of my body and began to loose sight of anything but the pleasure that was building. As I leaned against the wall for support, I could feel my hips moving in time with my fingers, striving to find that deep point of pleasure inside me.

"Oh God. Yes. Fuck." The words escaped my lips unbidden as I felt my whole body vibrate with sensation. Wave after wave of excitement crashed over me each more intense than the last. Just when I thought it would never happen, I reached the peak. In that moment everything slipped away into the water. I closed my eyes to shut out everything but the bliss. It was incredible. I have never had such a powerful orgasm.

I took some time to breathe and relax into that moment, feeling the joy of the water slipping over my body. As I regained my senses, I opened my eyes and saw him. His eyes stared into mine for a brief moment just before I heard the groan of his climax. It shot up and slid down the clear glass that separated us. At that moment, I woke up.

The room was filled only with the red glow of the alarm clock signaling 3:15. I sat up, still shaking from the dream. The moisture from my body was still wet on my legs and I tingled with the pleasure of my orgasm. It was both amazing and disturbing. I felt dizzy and hot as I threw the blankets from me.

"I need a drink." I said to the empty darkness. As I swung my feet down onto the floor, it hit me how strange the dream really was. Why did I dream about Dan? The one date we had was one of the most boring nights of my life. He just didn't seem adventurous enough to secretly watch me take a shower, much less masturbate while doing it. Did I really want him to imagine me in that way?

I shook my head and wandered into the kitchen. As I was returning from the sink, I found my answer. Beside the typewriter, was a short note I had typed.

Dan, You are by far the most boring person I know. Dating you was like having my teeth pulled. Grow a personality somewhere. Serefina

It was like the box of letters we found under my mom's bed after her funeral. "Dear Ellen, How long did it take to jam that stick up your ass? Perhaps you should consider actually fucking your husband instead of always trying to screw over the rest of us."

Everyone thought my mother was so patient and understanding, but she had her secret side. I guess I am more like her than I like to admit. I smiled. Maybe someone would find a box of letters under my bed when I die. Oh the things I could say!

I went over to the sink and filled a glass with water. As the cool liquid slipped down my throat, everything seemed to fall back into perspective. I must have been a little frustrated when I went to bed. Since I had written him the letter, he must have been on my mind. When I thought about it, his behavior matched the letter in a way. He sat there just watching and not really crossing the barrier between us. If that was the closest he ever got to sex, he really must be the most boring man in the world. Definitely not the man for me.

I walked back across the kitchen and up to bed. The brief moment of excitement gone, I was ready to crawl back into bed and sleep. I just wished that the next morning could be further away.

*

Chapter 2 – the morning after

I had forgotten how bitter the coffee was until I drank it the next morning. It didn't really help. I still felt like I was walking around in a fog. I grabbed my things. I drove my car. I walked quickly into the building. Everything seemed so automatic and colorless.

I found my desk and turned on the computer. I opened my "to do" list for the day. Why was my life this way? I scanned the projects and picked the easiest out. I printed the document and got it from the printer. I pulled out the red pen and began to write.

This wasn't the life I imagined when I went to school. It wasn't supposed to work this way. A degree in Spanish with a legal assistant certification was supposed to lead to travel. I was supposed to meet some exotic man on a plane who couldn't live without me. Instead I was writing verbs in red ink on paper, translating legal forms into a language that our low income clients could understand and talking to immigrant farm workers who supported families back in Mexico.

When I took this job, I had such high hopes of changing the world. I thought I could do something to help the poor and helpless, but I was really just the gate keeper on the many pro-bono cases we took. How many times could I tell people that we could not help them before my spirit was a little deflated?

We were told to take a certain number of cases, but there was no statement about how much time we spent on those cases. How many valid cases did I turn away in favor of the ones we could win with little effort? It was only a numbers game, and I was the bean counter. I felt more like the executioner sometimes.

"Serefina!"

I jerked my head up from the papers. I hadn't realized I was that deep in thought. I don't like it when I don't notice my boss creeping up to my desk.

"How many times do I have to call your name before you answer?"

"Sorry, I was just working."

God, I hated how much my boss acted like my mother. She wasn't nearly as interesting or fun as mom, but she had that same sense that everything had to be in its place. I thought about once again asking her to treat me differently, but it was a battle that wasn't worth fighting this morning.

"They need some help over in the tax department this morning. The woman translating the informational booklet is out today and they have a harder deadline than we do. I told them they could use you for the day."

"Ok fine." I gathered up my things: a Spanish dictionary for reference, a few red pens, my coat and my purse.

"You'll take Allison's desk, next to Dan. He'll give you instructions on where to start."

I moved without saying more. Just what I needed today... to be working with Dan. I felt a wave of embarrassment as I walked across the office. Images from the dream flashed though my mind: my hands covered in soap slipping down over my breasts, my fingers making circles around my clit, that feeling of excitement at the end when I realized he had watched the whole thing, his face as he came. I could feel the dampness spread between my legs.

"This is Dan." I tried to remind myself, "not some fantasy man."

I tried all morning to focus on the desk and my work, but my body tingled with the memory of my own touch. It had been so intense, so real. Some part of me wished it hadn't been a dream.

I set my things down and walked over to his desk. He looked up from his papers into my eyes and my heart stopped. That same look was briefly there. I felt like he was imagining me right then and there, naked, soaping my body and rubbing myself in search of ecstasy. He smiled and I looked away for a moment to collect my thoughts.

"Pam sent me over here to help you."

"Oh. Yeah." He seemed distracted. When I looked up again, the look in his eyes was gone, replaced with the familiar distance I was used to.

"The files are on Allison's desk in the top right drawer. I think she was halfway through the 3rd page. She printed out a new copy at the end of the day, so that version should have all of her most recent additions."

I thanked him and walked back to Allison's desk. As I walked, I felt so naked there before his eyes. It was as though he could see every curve of my body. It didn't make any sense. I kept trying to tell myself that it was a dream, it didn't really happen. Then I turned around, and he quickly looked away as though I had caught him doing something dirty.

"What is wrong with me?" I began to wonder.

*

Chapter 3 – anger and frustration

I lifted my head up and looked at the clock. 5 o'clock. Finally I could go home. Dan was being a jerk and complaining about everything that I was doing and I was having trouble finding just the right words. My head was killing me.

I printed out the final version with all my notes and placed it on the version Allison had left so she would know what had changed. I picked up my coat and headed home. Some days were just so hard. How many times could I take the same boring words and turn them into boring words in another language. I know it has to be done, but it's hard to make any difference in the world when all I do is translate.

By the time I got home my head was pounding and I was still all worked up from everything that had happened. I walked in ready to drink my daily glass of wine when I saw the typewriter. I don't know why, but my fingers longed to caress the keys. I threw my things on the table grabbed a piece of paper and began to write.

Dan, Why do you have to be such a fucking asshole? I hope your prick rots off. Serefina

With every stroke I could feel the tension drain from my body. The throbbing in my head eased and I began to smile. Writing a letter had never been so nice. I looked at the kitchen to where I usually drank my wine and no longer felt like it. I felt calm and relaxed. Instead I picked up my things and went out to take a walk.

I had forgotten how nice the neighborhood looked. The flowers were blooming and kids were playing in parks. All around me there were people living life in a way I had never really noticed before. It made me wonder why I sat inside so often. Why did I watch so much TV?

By the time I got home I was famished. I made a dinner and sat down to watch TV. The time slipped by with sitcoms and reality shows. For the first time I lay down to go to bed certain that it would take me no time to go to sleep. It wasn't sleeping that turned out to be hard, it was dreaming.

* * * * *

My knees sank into the cushion as I prepared to take communion. I was trying so hard to keep my mind on holy things as his robe brushed the edge of my hand. Instead, I felt a sudden rush of heat. When I looked up and saw the desire struggling in his eyes, it was over.

I reached up and parted the soft cloth to reveal what was underneath and continued unfastening until his rock hard cock finally slipped out into my waiting hands. I closed my eyes and gently caressed it. I felt as though I had been waiting my whole life to feel that piece of warmth harden at my fingertips. Now that I had it I didn't want to let go.

12