The Unfair Exchange

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can almost promise you that," I said, slipping on my shoes and heading towards her door.

Joelle stood to follow me. I cautiously looked down the hall before opening her door all the way and heading back towards the front door.

"I need to lock the door behind you," she said as I shoved my hands in my coat pockets and stepped out into the chilly air.

The sun wasn't up, but the clear sky was showing the first hints of light in the east. A few stars were still visible in the west, and I wondered if either of us was capable of appreciating the beauty of the sky that morning. I had known her for less than 12 hours, and the sun had never crossed the sky during that time- it was a connection best left in the dark, I guess.

I turned to say something before walking away, but anything that came to mind seemed either trite or cruel. I simply gave a small wave, then turned and left. The door was closed before I finished turning.

*******

I read about it in the news a few months later. I hadn't even thought about that possibility- it made me glad I no longer looked anything like I had that night. I had just assumed she would drop the issue once she realized she'd been had. But no, she accused the bumbling Professor DeWitt, and the details of her accusation were made public. Exchanging grades for sexual favors was definite headline material, especially when the professor denies it ever happened. Fortunately for him, it didn't devolve into a "he said, she said" scenario, because he was on a red-eye flight, returning from a friend's funeral that night. The real Professor DeWitt arrived at the nearest airport around the same time I was enjoying Joelle's sweet lips on my cock.

The TA administered the exam the next morning, and I can only assume Joelle failed both the exam and her class. She didn't go public with her accusation, though, until she turned up pregnant. Once the professor's alibi was checked and triple checked, the poor girl ended up looking like a foolish slacker who was trying to blackmail her way out of some bad choices. (The mainstream media carefully avoided the word 'slut,' though social media was not so kind.) The media played up her troubled background- foster system, no stable family, probable abuse growing up. You could read the subtext: She's not good enough, she's not smart enough, she's just like the trash who raised her.

I guess that's what bothers me the most- I know she's a sweet girl who's working hard. She got taken advantage of by a half-drunk, bitterly angry guy on a bad day who didn't think through the consequences of his actions (hell, I thought it might be something I'd look back on and laugh). At first I told myself I was in the right place at the right time. Now I understand it was really that Joelle was in the wrong place at the wrong time- she should never have met me.

I know I don't have the balls to make things right, though, so I don't need to hear that from anyone else. I know I'm the bad guy here. Would I do it again? Hell no. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time. And it doesn't mean my mind doesn't try to pull up those memories as fuel for some of my fantasies. But in the end, it never works. There's no pleasure in those memories, only guilt. I can only hope Joelle was left with something better.

*****

From the author:

Joelle was left with something better, as referenced at the end of the last chapter of A Strange Arrangement. That's the only connection between this stories and my others, but I had been wanting to tell Joelle's story for a while (and I had gotten a request for a non-con story- this is for you, Angela!). I don't think I have the heart to write about her foster years, but perhaps I'll eventually get around to writing her a happy ending.