The Unrequited Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes, I am looking for a gun for protection. My wife and I have been threatened and need something to keep at the house."

"Well, you have certainly come to the right place! How much were you looking to spend?"

"Well, I don't want to overspend but what price can you put on safety?"

"I like how you think sir. I think I have just the gun for you." Reaching down under the glass case, the clerk pulled out a large long barreled jet black pistol. Glinting under the harsh Florissant lights it was a thing of pure beauty.

Whistling, it was obvious that Ed appreciated the weapon. The clerk, sensing a good commission in the works smiled. "This my friend is the only pistol you will ever need or want. This is the Glock 17L. It takes nine millimeter ammo and trust me, just the sight of this beauty will usually make its use completely unnecessary."

Taking the gun from the clerk Ed liked the feel of it in his hands. Despite its impressive size, it was surprisingly light. Wondering how it would handle in the hands of his aging and delicate wife he looked back at the smiling clerk.

"Looks good on you, sir. Grade A badass I tell you."

"Yes, but... What kind of recoil does this have? I mean, my wife may have to use it in an emergency and she is not a large nor strong woman."

"Handles like a dream Sir, like squeezing butter through two halves of hot cornbread."

Holding it in his hand, Ed asked "I assume it is unloaded."

Snickering the clerk nodded. "Yeah, might be a problem giving loaded guns to customers to try out."

Grinning, Ed pulled back on the trigger and was pleased. It was light, not quite a hair trigger, but not something Lorraine would have any problem with.

"OK, you talked me into it son. You are a good salesman."

"Hard not to be a good salesman with the Glock. Now, how much ammo do you want?" Grabbing several boxes, the clerk motioned to Ed to join him over at the register. Looking down at his chest sheepishly he added. "Well, now for the unpleasantries. Have to do a background check you know. Damn Government!"

"Not a problem son, not a problem. You don't want to just hand out guns to anyone do you?"

Looking back at him like he had just peed on the Alamo, the smile on the clerk evaporated as he snatched Ed's driver's license out of his hand. Obviously this guy was not just pro-gun, but rabidly pro-gun, not surprising as he worked at a gun store. Looking down at the ID as he prepared to type the name into the computer the clerk's face brightened.

"YEAH! Now I know where I thought I saw you. You are Ed Clearwater, that Ghost Hunter guy. Man! Wait until I tell my girlfriend I met you. We watch your show all the time!"

Smiling sheepishly, Ed nodded. "Yes that's me. I am glad you like the show."

"Say, what do you need a Glock for? I thought you and your wife always used holy water and crucifixes." The clerk added with a chuckle.

"Well, Holy water works on spirits. Living beings need other more direct methods of persuasion."

Winking the clerk nodded. "Yeah, with this baby in tow, you can turn a few of them into spirits directly." Seeing the background check come back clear, he bagged up the gun and ammo and passed the package to Ed. Watching him turn to leave, the clerk cleared his throat and asked "Hey, do you mind if I ask you to do me a favor?"

"Sure son, whatever you want. You have been a big help to me today."

"Do you mind if I get a selfie with you?"

"Selfie?"

"A picture, on my phone."

"Oh, right. Of course." Posing by the clerk Ed put on his most iconic sneer, used in all of his promotional material and he could tell the clerk loved it. Walking out onto canal street, he already felt better, the image of the threat against his wife still gnawing in his gut but now he felt he at least had a defense plan. Accidentally bumping into a small child clutching his mother's hand, he quickly apologized as the tiny boy fell backwards to the sidewalk.

"Sorry about that boy. Are you ok? You are not hurt are you?"

Looking back up into Ed's eyes, his stomach dropped as the child spoke. "I can't wait to sink my cock into your wife's hole Ed. I bet her ass is REEEEEL tight."

"Wha-What did you say to me?" Ed croaked, stunned that such words came out of such an innocent face as he snapped up straight in revulsion. Winking, the child and his mother were quickly swallowed up in the swarm of tourists walking down Canal Street and instantly disappeared into the crowd.

12