The Unwilling Competitor Pt. 01.5

Story Info
One month, six females, who will the Alpha choose?
2.5k words
4.57
13.4k
16
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/03/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkflame
Pinkflame
69 Followers

Hi! So sorry that I forgot to put this.This was originally supposed to be part of Pt.2. Sorry!

*

Karen blinked slowly. Everywhere hurt. Her ribs ached. A pretty young woman in a uniform walked over to her, her expression stern. She was dressed in white, her blond hair tied up in a bun.

"You're awake." Karen moved slightly and winced at the pain. The woman frowned and rearranged the pillows gently, moving Karen. In her new position, Karen inspected her surroundings for the first time. She was in a large room, painted a sky blue. Sculpted wood dressers and cabinets were tastefully arranged throughout the room. She was sitting on a huge bed with a ridiculous amount of sheets and pillows. The woman took a cup of water and a pill from the bedside table and handed it to Karen.

"What happened? Where am I?" She asked quietly. The nurse didn't look at her.

"It's a miracle you're alive. Hit by a car!" Her voice held a certain softness in it. "You're in the Alph- I mean Mr. Keeran's estate."

"Oh." She squeaked and looked around again. The room was almost as big as her whole apartment. "I'm so sorry to be a burden." She wondered internally if she was in his room. The nurse laughed kindly.

"Oh no, this is a guest room."

Karen was silent, her mouth hanging open at the sheer shock of

"Of course, there are usually more beds in here." The nurse continued reflectively. Karen tried to move, but a sharp pain stopped her. The nurse gave her a glare.

"Don't you move." She reprimanded. Karen leaned back in defeat.

"Who is this Mr. Keeran?" She asked as she swallowed the pill.

"That would be me." Karen and the nurse both looked instantly at the door. The man, or rather, Mr.Keeran, was leaning in the doorway, a small smirk on his face. The nurse bowed and excused herself, weaving past the man. He ignored her, his gaze focused solely on Karen. His eyes were dark, with a flickering gold embedded in them. A shadow of a beard dusted his cheeks and chin, giving him a roguish look that pulled on her heart. Karen gulped.

"Hello." He quickly covered the distance between them in two long strides. Karen noticed he was wearing a new suit, with the cuffs rolled up. If she hadn't been sitting, her knees would have surely given way. He looked down at her thoughtfully, making Karen feel awkward for sitting on his bed.

"I'm sorry Mr.Keeran." She whispered. "For being a burden." The man looked faintly astonished for a moment before resuming his smile, a little more gentle now.

"My name is James." He leaned nearer to her. Karen held her breath as he closed the gap between them. His face was so near to hers that she was sure that moving would bring their faces together. She closed her eyes, shivering. Slowly, James let his eyes rove over her. James' lips curved upwards, revealing bright white teeth. "I do not mind having you here." He breathed. Then, he stood up, turned on his heel and left, closing the door behind him.

Alpha Keeran?" James grunted in acknowledgement. He instantly recognized the voice belonging to his second in command, Pete. He sat forward, hands on his knees.

"What?" he asked. Pete sighed. James had been spacing out. He was exasperate that the normally alert man wasn't listening.

"What are your thoughts on the competition?" He prodded. James huffed.

"I don't like it." He said shortly.

"Shocking." Pete muttered, earning himself a glare from James.

An older wolf sat forward earnestly.

"Alpha, it Is the best way. These families are very powerful and if they band against you. The results would be disastrous." James glared, but didn't say anything. He already knew his choice.

"Why did they choose me?" He asked with resignation. The older wolf didn't even flinch, but a round of bickering between the others ensured. Pete took this time to nudge James.

"Hey, you good?" He whispered. Ki glared at Pete from James' other side. Pete was far younger than any of the other wolves, but had earned James respect. He swept his blond hair to the side. "Dude, you're not paying attention to possibly most influential talk in your life. What's up?" Ki shot him another meaningful look. Pete was the highest ranking beta and Ki was Alpha female, making them second in command. They regularly talked and arranged matters for James. Later. Ki mouthed. Pete's blue eyes widened, then he nodded in agreement. James looked at them quizzically. Ki looked away and Pete shrugged. "We've got it covered." He explained. James sighed and leaned back. Tiredly, he waved his hand for silence. The attendees quieted.

"So?" He prompted.

"You are the most virile of all the Alphas." A lithe female explained without batting an eyelash.

James raised an eyebrow, he already knew he was rather young for an Alpha. All the others were old, withered and dangerous. "So they want heirs. Tell me again about how this is going to work and why we aren't just kicking them onto their backsides?" He desperately wanted to get out and see how Karen was doing, but he if he left now, there would be consequences later. He also hated the feeling of not knowing what was happening. Usually, he was in control.

"Their five daughters will come to you in one week. Every day you will choose one of them to accompany you throughout the day and the night. At the end of the month, you will choose one of them to be your bride."

"Be charming in the day, sexy in the night. Hold a big ball at the end and choose after much pretended contemplation the most powerful girl. Remember not create any unintended babies. Oh, and don't forget that if you insult anyone it becomes war.." Pete said under his breath. Ki kicked him.

James held up a finger, pointedly ignoring Pete. "I want the girl I brought, Karen, to be one of the contenders." There was a stunned silence. James glared at the shocked wolves.

"How?" A young wolf asked. "These families are ancient; they have members in almost every pack council. Some of them are directly related to other Alphas."

"Figure it out." James returned. "And, if should I choose one, won't the others be really offended?" The was a general shuffling. James huffed and cracked his knuckles.

"Let me get this straight. If don't choose, they get mad and we probably all die. If I choose one, the others all get mad and we probably all die. This is a lose-lose situation. Why can't we just sign a peace treaty and be done with it?"

"The parents convinced the packs that this was the safest way. The other Alphas are concerned about the rate at which our pack is growing. SO you choose the most powerful girl to marry." Another wolf said. "Which would probably be the Kline family. Located with the Dalle pack down south. Her dad is almost the Alpha, therefore, you would get a huge ally when the others attack." James wanted to rip the wolf's throat out. Of all the times for this to happen, why couldn't it have been a month before? He looked around murderously, forcing the seated members of his council to bow their heads. Pete was no help, he simply smirked. "Exactly what I said." He chuckled. James growled.

"Anything else?" He looked around, nobody moved. They all sensed that this was a bad time to cross the Alpha. He stood up from his seat at the head of the table and turned to walk out the door, furious at everything including himself.

James groaned in the shower. Her every move filled him with desire. Why? The way her large soulful brown eyes had stared at him. Her reaction to him at the coffee shop. She was beautiful, innocent in a way that deserved to be protected. Instead, she was here, and although James wouldn't complain, he felt guilty for dragging her into this mess. How was he going to explain?

He shivered as a vision of her lovely face framed with shining brown hair came into view in front of him. His cock rose up immediately, wishing that she was in the shower with him so he could grab her. Surprised by himself, he quickly stepped out of the shower. A pile of clothes sat next to his bed, testament to his feelings. He breathed it in, her scent was in them. Slowly he picked up her shirt and pressed it to his nose. His cock throbbed in response. He lowered a hand to his cock and began to stroke it softly, unable to withstand the feeling any longer. His hand tightened and quickened as he imagined Karen's hand on him. He was on the edge, hand working furiously, but it was the thought of the competition that sent him over the edge. Six girls, 30 days, five days with her, all alone to do whatever he wanted. It wasn't enough, but it was something. He spilled his seed onto the bed. He lay there panting for a moment before retrieving a towel. James was disgusted with himself, coming off on a scent. She was just a human after all. Probably a passing fancy. Hopefully his mate would be among the five girls. Preferably the Kline girl. Maybe this stupid fancy with the girl would end too. He sighed and flopped on his bed, he was really going to hate this competition.

"Oh! The Mademoiselle is up!" Karen shook her head to wake herself up. After a few days, she had been allowed out of bed and she could now walk reasonably well even though large movements still pained her. She hadn't seen James despite her wanderings either. Now, a young man stood in front of her, a bright grin on his face. His curly red hair bounced around as he bounced over to the bedside. A light smattering of freckles dotted his cheeks. With a practiced gesture, he lifted up her chin and examined her face.

"Beautiful!" He proclaimed happily. Then, he ripped off her sheets and shook his head. Karen gasped and reached for the covers. Although she was wearing a comfortable shirt and pants, it still felt indecent. The man huffed.

"Unacceptable!" He went over to her closet and opened it. He let out a horrified gasp. The only things in there were a few jeans, shirts and a sweater. "You shall need a whole new wardrobe!" He announced loudly.

"What?" She shouted. "Are you doing?" The man turned around, looking at her like she had just asked him why he had hair.

"You are going to the party in three days. Have you not heard?" He asked, head cocked. Karen hopped out of bed and slammed the closet doors shut.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." She explained. The man reopened the closet and shook a finger in her face.

"No. You are staying. Mr. Keeran has chosen you." He admonished. Karen frowned,

"What do you mean?" The man sighed dramatically.

"He had said that you will be in the contenders for his future bride. He will choose over a month." The man said dreamily. "It is very romantic." He added. Karen couldn't believe her ears. She was in a fairytale! But a little voice inside her screamed. 'You don't even know him and now you might marry him?' Reluctantly, she retreated from her fantasy.

"This is madness. I'm leaving." She decided. With a growl, she stomped out to find James.

James was sitting in his office talking to Pete when Karen stormed in. He sighed, having anticipated the tirade. But, by God, she was adorable when mad. She was a whirlwind. Her hair a brown tornado. "I want to go home." She demanded, hands on her hip. James glanced at her before turning back to Pete. "Really?" He asked. Max came in a moment later, panting.

"I am so sorry!" He cried, falling to the floor. James dismissed him with a wave and turned back to Karen.

"You want to leave?" He continued, still not looking at her face. Pete snorted softly.

"Dude, you kinda brought her here against her will. I think she might wanna leave." he whispered. James grit his teeth and ignored Pete. Karen exploded.

"Of course I want to leave!"

"I told you so." Pete said.

"I'm afraid you can't." James replied, turning himself around slowly. Karen looked at him incredulously.

"Why?"

"Because he fought tooth and claw for you that's why." Pete muttered.

"Because I would like you to stay." James said.

"Max said I was going to be in a competition. To be your wife! I have no intention of doing that!" She cried.

"I like her." Pete said.

"Do not fear, I have no inclination to come near you. You have arrived at a bad time. This is a cover story." He replied coldly, his eyes flashing. He instantly regretted his tone of voice as she cringed at his tone. "If you leave now, it will cause endless trouble for me. Think of it as repayment." He continued, examining his nails in a perfunctory manner. "For nursing you back to health. I will take care of all your things."

Karen almost couldn't hide the disappointment on her face. So that day at the tea shop had been nothing. She berated herself for thinking he had cared for her. Apparently she was just his local charity case. Her heart panged. Just a month. 30 days. He did have a point though. She looked him squarely in his glowing golden eyes and nodded decisively, turned on her heel and left.

Pete let out a sigh when she left. He ran a hand through his blond hair and looked at his best friend with concern. The man was slumped tiredly, head in his hands. Pete looked at where the girl had disappeared and then at his friend.

"That was a direct lie. You want her to stay." He accused quietly. James didn't answer.

"You never told her we're werewolves." He added. James snarled.

"She doesn't need to know. She doesn't need to get caught up in this." Pete raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"She is already caught up in this. With that stupid lie of yours. Why are you so." A revelation hit him and he broke off.

"She your mate!" He whispered in awe. James groaned and lifted his head sharply.

"What?" He asked, unable to believe his ears. But it would explain so much, why he had been drawn to her day after day. Why he had felt the inexplicable need to follow her. His heart wrenched as he thought of her. She was his. For centuries her had been looking and now. Now, as soon as he had found her, he had let her go. His wolf howled in agony. After this month, he would be mated to some powerful bitch and she would go away forever. He moaned and closed his eyes, hands over his face. He had five days with his mate. He was supposed to share a lifetime with her, but now he had five days, and she would be gone from his life forever. Five days.

"Maybe she isn't" Pete suggested lamely. James gritted his teeth.

"Lets hope so."

Pinkflame
Pinkflame
69 Followers