The Unwitting Guardian Prequel Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Arraiga
Arraiga
85 Followers

"No... They're your... students... now," the old man said softly, smiling. Nana came sprinting up to Naek, and grabbed the old man out of his hands, trying to bring him back to life.

"You fucker. I'll rip you apart!" Naek yelled at the man laughing across the sea of bodies. Behind him, dozens of soldiers began to come out of the woods, while behind Naek, some of the students had left the bunker to see what was happening. Pure demonic energy rose from Naek like steam, anger contorting his features. Several soldiers charged at him, hoping for glory. Naek caught the spears of two of the soldiers, and pulled, hard. The two soldiers lost their balance and fell into the other's spear, killing them instantly. Naek kicked over their bodies, and continued to approach the Commander. Another soldier charged, raising his sword to attack as Naek grabbed his face, using his other hand to dent the armor into the circle necessary for a Demon Seal Release.

"STOP IT NAEK! COME BACK TO YOUR SENSES! THE OLD MAN WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED THIS!" Nana screamed, pulling Naek out of his rage-induced blindness. He stopped advancing, dropping the screaming soldier

"What is the matter, I thought you were going to rip me to shreds? Who are you, anyway?" the Commander asked mockingly, speaking for the first time.

"Relax pretty-boy, I'll get to the ripping in a second. As for my identity, I am Naek Harcourt, the newest Headmaster of this here Academy," he announced as he turned and silently thanked Nana for breaking him out of his trance.

"Naek Harcourt? The one responsible for the massacre of Choz? You don't look like him," the Commander asked, thinking he had caught Naek in a lie.

"I guess I did look a little different, considering I was eight," Naek remarked, "Now, pay attention, cuz I'm about to show you something only one other living person has ever seen," He used his foot to draw a larger version of the usual circle. Several soldiers charged, trying to interrupt him.

"Halt! I wish to see what this whelp plans to do before I kill him. You are not to interfere in our fight. Kill those filthy Extras over there, if you are so impatient," the Commander ordered. Naek watched as the soldiers ran past him, just as he completed his circle.

"Ha! You do not try to stop my soldiers from killing your comrades?" the Commander asked, laughing.

"As headmaster, I need to have some faith in my teaching staff, otherwise the school suffers. You should really pay attention to me though," Naek responded, forming a sword out of demon fire.

"And what do you hope to do with that? I am obviously the better swordsman," the Commander remarked.

"No, you're a pampered asshole. This sword isn't going to be used against your unworthy ass anyway. You see, for me to be able to use this Talent, a price must be paid. The price grows along with the power. The price for the amount I'm about to use is an arm," Naek explained, dropping the blade through his arm. It fell, hitting the circle and exploding into a pool of blood.

"DEMON SEAL RELEASE 50%!!" Naek yelled, suddenly enveloped in blue light. White pushed the red in his hair to the very tips, and longer horns grew from his forehead. His pupils became a dark crimson, and the whites of his eyes darkened to black. The arm he had just cut off grew back, claws grew from his hands, and fangs replaced his incisors, while his shoes burst to expose a similar set of claws. Black demon flames burned on the tips of his horns and covered both pairs of his claws.

"Oooh, scary!" the Commander chuckled. He looked past Naek briefly at his soldiers, all of whom were dead or dying in front of the teachers, who had formed a protective circle around Nana and the old man.

"Really? This is only 50%, 100 is far worse," Naek joked, grinning. He tensed his toes, then pushed. He moved so fast that he left several afterimages as he hurtled toward the Commander. The Commander lifted his sword into the ready position just as Naek collided with him. Naek's claw caught the sword, then bent it easily, while the other curled into a fist and impacted against the side of the Commander's head, sending him flying sideways.

"Haha, that was good! I may even need to use my Talent!" the Commander exclaimed, wiping a stream of blood off of the corner of his mouth. Naek formed a small, pea-sized ball of demon fire, then flicked it lightning fast at his opponent. The commander reached out a hand toward the pea, slowing it down to a crawl.

"My Talent enables me to manipulate the time of an object or area, such as speeding it up and slowing it down. You'll never be able to hit me because you'll be too slow!" the Commander yelled, laughing. Naek stopped and began to laugh as well, "You insolent fool! You dare to mock me! I will kill you, no matter what happens!"

"I'm not mocking you, idiot, I'm laughing at your pathetic Talent!" Naek replied, continuing to laugh.

"My pathetic Talent... How dare you call my Talent 'pathetic' I am the Master of Time itself," he exclaimed, distraught by Naek's continued laughter.

"You call yourself a 'Master of Time'? You're a joke. A quack. A hack. I will show you, your power is useless on me," Naek said, finally finished laughing. He froze time, then approached the Commander. Walking around him, he called a formed a sword from the demon fire.

"For the Old Man" Naek thought as he plunged the blade through the Commander's chest. Then he unfroze time.

"AGH! What is this pain?" the Commander asked, failing to notice the sword through his chest.

"Death," Naek stated simply, using his other hand to force the other man's head down to see the sword through his chest.

"But... H-how?" the Commander asked weakly, life draining out of him.

"Because I am the Master of the world's Time," Naek answered, pulling the sword out of the dying man. Naek returned back to his circle, and made some minor adjustments.

"Demon Resealing 50%," Naek said. The circle glowed red as it sucked the demon energy back into the seal. Freshly returned to normal, Naek realized that the demon had returned his left arm. On it was a post-it note reading "You didn't use enough demonic power to warrant the sacrifice so I just took some blood. Aren't I the greatest? Besides, I'm still finishing off Choz -Your pal, Carl"

"What the fuck, his name is Carl? Oh well, guess he's a good guy in a sick, twisted kinda way," Naek said, startled. The soldiers that witnessed their leader's death had begun to retreat, turning back the advancing army.

In the months following the attack, the students and faculty of the Academy focused on burying the dead soldiers, and planning the funeral for the Headmaster. Naek reformed the class system so that students were taught based off of their Talent, rather than affinity for it. Many new teachers were found to teach this system, and the Extra Academy entered the period known as its "Golden Age".

Years later, Headmaster Naek and Nana were blessed with a baby boy, who, unfortunately, inherited the demon, Carl. Naek spent many years studying Carl and the Harcourt family history. Finally, after years of research, he wrote a scroll on his findings, which was to be left to every generation that inherited the demon. On top of his findings about abilities Carl granted, how to activate them, and that Carl was not a talent, but an actual demon sealed into the heir of the Harcourt Family at birth, he included knowledge about Extras, and, lastly, a warning to future generations of Extras. By the time Naek died, his grandson, Jajar was the current holder of Carl, and so the scroll was left to him, and both have been passed down together ever since then.

Arraiga
Arraiga
85 Followers
12