The Vengeance Demon Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your orders will be followed and I will make sure of it. I will meet with Jayna often to confirm you are doing as I have instructed. If you are not properly fulfilling your obligations, our next meeting will not be so pleasant," Majken said as he let his hand fall from his member.

Raan immediately bowed her head. "I understand," she said, keeping her eyes lowered as she continued, "I am your servant, Majken. I do as you say."

"Yes, you do."

Raan looked up in time to see Majken walking toward her, his erection leading the way. She struggled to think of a way to protest the order that she hoped would not be given but before she could find the words, Majken stopped suddenly. He moved his hand back to his dick and resumed stroking. He moved past her without another word, and she knew the meeting was over. Thank God, Raan laughed at the thought before turning in the direction her leader had gone, making her way to the portal. I wish a prayer from me could be answered. Raan had lost hope for a savior long ago, her actions as a demon could not be anything but damning. If there was a higher power beyond Majken, she knew her choice to be a demon alone, even if the manipulating, torturing and killing could be overlooked, would keep her from any kind of salvation.

******

An uncomfortable feeling of dread crept to the base of her neck, making Raan anxious as she walked toward her apartment building. She knew it was more than just the news she got at her meeting with Majken, but she couldn't place it. She felt the cold air and shivered, pulling her scarf up to cover her neck. She turned and looked behind her, trying to make it casual, and saw nobody. She tried to tell herself it was just the weather giving her goosebumps that she had mistook for something else, but her instinct made her remain on alert.

She tried to lose herself in the small, old shops along the sidewalk. She usually could distract herself from her work by thinking up stories about the lives of the shopkeepers. How simple it must be for them, Raan thought as she looked in the passing windows. She stopped outside one of the smallest stores, looking at the merchandise in the heavily lit window display. There were board games, card games and some electronic planes buzzing around the ceiling. She liked this little game store more than most shops on the street because of the effort the owner put into the window. She rarely went in, having little use for that type of goods, but it was comforting to visit all the same.

She stood there for a few moments, admiring the display, before moving on her way. The alarming feeling started creeping back and Raan could feel a heaviness in her stomach. She looked around again, spotting a couple across the street and some more people a few paces behind her, nothing abnormal. It was still early, so a crowd would be unlikely. Nearing her apartment, Raan anxiously quickened her pace. When she started down the alley where she would normally turn to get to her door, Raan noticed a figure move in the shadows.

She hadn't seen anyone at first glance and that lack of recognition heightened her uneasiness. Raan then realized the discomfort she'd felt the whole way home was due to that figure, not the cold. Her human part begged her to flee, rush into her shop and slam the door behind her. But, her demon side... Predominately inhuman, often in more ways than one, Raan decided to confront her stalker.

"Show yourself." Raan's voice was soft, but firm. She waited, staring at the figure, urging it to move. It didn't, so she spoke again. "Show yourself." Raan began to move further into the alley but froze when it, she, stepped forward.

"Hello, Raan." The girl spoke hesitantly, then smiled. "Did I spook you?"

Raan felt her mouth drop open. She would recognize that girl anywhere. She had watched Majken kill her from the inside out. Why the hell is she here? Raan thought as she examined her new student. She was very pretty, tall and muscular but still feminine. If Raan had been in demon form, she might have been tempted to play with herself, especially with her new orders. "Jayna. What are you doing here?"

Jayna stepped a little closer before answering, "I saw you leave the office and I wanted to know where you live. Since Majken said you're my guide, I thought I should get to know you." Raan watched the girl survey the building before turning back to her.

"Certainly, Jayna. This is where I live. I own this shop and that's my apartment above it." Raan moved past Jayna and walked to the door on the side of the building. She held the door open before saying, "This way."

"Thank you," Jayna said, moving through the opening and pausing.

Raan waited for the door to click shut and motioned up the stairs. After reaching the top, Raan unlocked the door and stepped inside, waiting for her guest to follow. She took off her coat, set it on the kitchen counter and sat on a stool while she waited for Jayna.

"What can I do for you, Jayna?" Raan asked as she watched Jayna make her way around the kitchen.

"Hmm?" Jayna turned slowly, eyes fixated on something Raan couldn't see. "Well, I just have a lot of questions."

"Go ahead."

"Why don't you live in Orten? None of the other girls will talk about it. Honestly, they don't really talk to me about anything," Jayna said, as she pulled a stool out from the counter and sat down. "It's only been a few days though, I guess."

"I have nothing against Orten, I just prefer living here," Raan said, walking to the counter to grab wine and two glasses. She started walking to the living room and said, "Let's sit in here."

Raan watched as Jayna pushed in her stool and made her way to the opposite side of the couch. She wondered why she chose to sit so far away. She must not know what it means for me to be her guide, Raan thought as she opened the bottle. She didn't know if Jayna would need some persuasion, but she did. She filled both glasses, handed one to Jayna then took a large drink of her own. Jayna took a small sip of wine then set her glass on the table, Raan almost finishing hers before doing the same.

"So, how do you do it?" Jayna asked as she met Raan's gaze.

"Well, I granted a wish about a year ago that... That made me want to live as a human, among other things. See, the client wi-"

"No... I mean, sorry... But, how do you live as a human? Being in human form already feels foreign to me, like this body belongs to someone else, and I've only been a vengeance demon for a few days," Jayna said, moving her hands from her lap, up her torso and over her breasts before placing them at her sides. "It doesn't feel like mine anymore."

"It's like that at first, but you get used to it. It will feel like a loaner, but eventually it will somehow belong to you again," Raan said, looking down at her own borrowed form, "I choose not to be in demon form except when I need to be and that works for me. Orten is obviously a good choice for the other girls, but not for me. I am happy here," Raan said, wondering if it were really true. Can I ever be happy?

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to it," Jayna said, grabbing her wine from the table, "So, what was the wish?"

"Oh, just a smiting that changed some things for me, that's all. So, have you met with Majken since the ritual?" Raan asked, trying to avoid talking about that wish.

She knew exactly what had happened and why it made her want to be on her own, in this world, but she didn't know if she could trust Jayna. I don't know if I can trust anyone. Raan's client had wanted her to seduce her cheating spouse then kill him during the act, right before he came. She had thought little of the odd request at first but spending that much time as a human made Raan desperately want more. The male had wanted to be discrete since he thought his wife was onto him, so it took a few days of flirting and fooling around before he couldn't wait any longer. The time out of demon form and away from Orten made Raan feel alive, feel human, and sex with a male for the first time in almost a century had her longing for more. He really took charge, forced her up against the wall, on the chair, on the floor, on the bed, then eventually she granted her client's wish. It just took longer than she had originally thought, the sex and the smiting, and she was surprised at how much she enjoyed both.

"So, he said I would have a better understanding of a guide soon," Jayna said, Raan had no idea how long she had been talking before that. "I meet with him again at the end of the week."

"Wow," Raan laughed, Majken really wanted to keep tabs on her. "That's really soon. Did he say why?" Raan was hesitant to ask, but wanted to see how much he had told Jayna, and how much she had missed while she was lost in thought.

"Not really, just that he'd fucking kill you if you messed it up."

Raan stared at Jayna, trying to figure out what to say. All she could come out with was, "Ok..."

"I'm kidding!" Jayna giggled, easing Raan's tension. "It was just a joke, I have no idea why he wants to meet with me," Jayna continued to laugh as she spoke, "Anyway, I'm excited to learn from you. I've felt really lonely the last few days and it's nice to just sit with someone. So, when do you want to get started?"

Never, but this isn't about wanting, Raan thought as she turned to face Jayna, sitting cross-legged on the couch before presenting her left wrist. "We don't choose when we work. We'll be summoned with this," Raan said, pointing at the mark the two now shared. She watched Jayna lift the sleeve of her snug blue sweater to look at her own.

"How will I know when I'm being summoned?" Jayna asked, rubbing her thumb lightly across the symbol.

"You'll know," Raan said, watching Jayna nod. "Your wrist will burn, the mark throbbing with pain, becoming more and more intense until you press your thumb onto it. After a few seconds, the pain will stop and you will gain the details of your assignment."

"How often does that happen?"

Raan shrugged. "As often as we're needed. We don't choose when we work, Majken does. He will summon you by activating your mark. You'll acknowledge it, then he'll send you the information."

"So, you hear Majken talk to you?"

Raan shook her head. "No, not exactly. One minute you don't have the information, the next you do," Raan said, smiling at Jayna's confused face, "Ok, you can think of it like a computer." Raan thought of Holden for a moment and smiled. "You touch your mark, it opens a file and the information gets sent to your brain." Raan touched the symbol again. "Pretty simple, really."

"Yeah, I guess. So, Raan, do you..."

"Do I what?" Raan could see Jayna was hesitant to continue her question but she knew there was no reason to be shy here, with their newly assigned relationship. "What is it, Jayna?"

Jayna shrugged then whispered, "Do you ever get lonely?"

Raan nodded. She had been especially lonely in Orten, even with Anni, but she got lonely here too. This was the moment Majken wanted her to seize. The question Jayna had asked would lead them to their other partnership, their love. If she was going to do this, and she could see no other option, there was no time like now. What about Holden? Raan thought as she pushed herself closer to Jayna, grabbing her glass and setting it on the table. She cared for Holden but if she had to choose her life or being with him, she'd choose herself. If he learns of Jayna... or Anni, or that I'm a vengeance demon, he'll have a hard decision to make. Raan would just have to deal with that if it happened. Raan looked into her new lover's eyes, smiled and pulled her head closer, pressing their lips together. Raan thought Jayna was hesitant until she felt the girl's hand on her back, pulling her closer as she slid her tongue into her mouth.

The embrace obviously welcome, Raan pushed herself on top of Jayna, feeling her shift to a lying position on the couch. Raan moved her hand up Jayna's body, stopping to caress her breast, pressing into her as they kissed. She felt Jayna smile under her mouth, as Raan pushed her hand under her shirt. Raan listened to Jayna moan as she caressed her naked breast, then she felt a burning in her wrist. She felt Jayna squirming under her, she was obviously getting summoned too. Raan pulled herself to a sitting position and pushed her thumb against her wrist.

"Press your thumb to the mark, Jayna. It's ok," Raan said as she watched Jayna grab her wrist in fear. "Jayna, your thumb?"

Jayna looked at Raan, then back to her wrist. She scrambled to press her thumb over the symbol, then removed it a few moments later. Raan assumed the pain had passed and waited what seemed like minutes for Jayna to look up. She knew the pain was hard to deal with at first, but she also knew Jayna was fine. Unfortunately, the summons had stopped them as she was comforting Jayna, dealing with her loneliness, and being a proper guide in the process. When Jayna still didn't say anything, just sat there staring back at her, Raan pulled her to her chest. She felt Jayna's arms wrap around her as they sat for a few moments in the embrace. But Raan knew that this summons, like all others, was urgent and they had to deal with it.

"Are you ok?" Raan asked, pulling away to look her in the eyes.

"Yes, thank you. I'm sorry, it was just..." Jayna trailed off as she lay her head back on Raan's chest.

"You'll get used to it," Raan said before leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

As Jayna looked up and leaned in, Raan received the details of their assignment. She shook her head and shrugged. After responding to his call, the information was usually sent within moments. Perhaps, he waited longer on this summons since he knew, or at least hoped, they would be busy with other things. The information was always fragmented, never everything, usually just enough to get you to a location. Raan knew of a hospital, a room and a description of a girl.

"We have an assignment," Raan said, getting up from the couch, "We're on collections, I guess."

"Collections?" Jayna asked.

"Yeah, I guess we're starting your training there."

"But, what is it?"

"We'll be forcing clients to satisfy their part of the contracts."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, smiting isn't free, Jayna. The clients must pay the price, one they agreed to when they summoned us for help," Raan said, turning to face Jayna who was now standing in the kitchen doorway.

"But, what is the price?"

"It's always different. When we help a client," Raan almost laughed when she used the word help, but refrained and continued, "they must agree to a favor. They don't know what they're agreeing to, just that they must do whatever we ask of them, whenever we ask it."

"I'm surprised so many people agree to that, not knowing what it will be in the end."

Raan shrugged, "They aren't worried about their future when they call on us, just hurting their male now. Most clients come to us in haste, proceeding with little thought, but all must complete their part of the contract."

"What about the favor? Does Majken tell you what to ask for? And what if the girl refuses?"

"If she refuses, we basically complete the contract for her. And, yes, Majken provides that information once we've made contact. You'll acquire the knowledge in that moment, same as me."

"That's it? We speak to the client, learn of the favor, then ask for it?" Jayna asked, looking disappointed.

"Basically, yes. We don't ask, but that's it. We let them know who we are, Majken tells us the favor, then we tell the client. And if the girl refuses, she suffers the same fate as the male we smited for her."

"Ok, but wha-"

"Jayna, we really need to go. We can talk more on the way," Raan said as she headed for the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Memorial Hospital, Room 242."

***

The door to Room 242 was shut, discouraging uninvited guests. Raan had received intel of their client's name as she reached the intercom to request entry. Raan and Jayna strolled into the maternity ward with the name Leslie Marx. A sinking feeling in her stomach had Raan hoping she was wrong about what would happen next. After knocking, a young, excited male quickly opened the door with a big smile that molded into a confused expression at the sight of them.

"Hi, ladies! Friends of Leslie?" The male smiled at them again and stood aside, welcoming them to the room. "She's sleeping now but you can wait if you'd like."

"Thank you..." Raan said, pushing past him.

"Mark," he replied quietly. "I know what you're thinking. Mark Marx, crazy right? Well, I was adopted at-" Raan quit listening as Mark continued spouting his drivel for several minutes.

Raan was thinking absently of Holden when she heard Jayna's voice. "How long has she been out?" Jayna asked, motioning to their client.

"Probably thirty minutes or so, not really sure, it's been such a crazy couple of days. Did you know-"

"We'll wait, she shouldn't be long." Jayna's words sounded to Raan as if she hadn't even heard him talk. She was starting to really like her.

"That will be great. I'll go visit our baby in the nursery now. Tell Les that I can come back whenever. Just have her ring for the nurse, ok?" Mark gave another goofy grin before leaving the room.

"So?" Jayna had turned to Raan after he left.

"We can wake her if you want. Majken hasn't provided the rest of the details yet, though. I'm sure he will once she's alert."

"Are we going to change first?"

"No, we don't change for collections unless Majken specifically requests for us to be in demon form. It rarely happens and it seems random to me, so I can't tell you what the circumstances are." Raan shrugged then looked to the client, still asleep. She turned back to Jayna. "I guess the quicker we wake her, the sooner we can figure out what we're doing here."

"And the less likely we'll have to listen to Marky Mark again." Jayna smiled.

Raan laughed and Jayna joined in. It seemed like only a few moments but the glee was cut short when the client spoke up. "Are you friends of my husband's?

Raan stopped laughing immediately, and turned to the bed without responding. She assumed Jayna was following her lead because the room was silent now.

"Hello? Who are you two?" The client now looked more confused than exhausted. When they still didn't respond, the girl asked, "Do I know you?"

"We are here to see that you fulfill your contract." Raan said, leaving the girl's questions unanswered. Raan watched Leslie's mouth drop in response and she knew the girl understood. She instantly learned the time frame of the client's wish and the male's name. "Your wish was granted, Derrick was smited, and now we are here to collect." Raan said, watching Leslie cringe when she mentioned her male's name.

"Why... Why now? I... I was nineteen. I didn't..."

"You agreed to a fav-" Raan lost her voice as the new knowledge interrupted her thoughts. No, not that. Raan tried to keep her face from showing the emotion she felt. Majken was asking them, no, ordering them, to take this new mother's child. She didn't know what he planned to do with the baby, only that this was the assignment.

"That was almost twenty years ago! You can't be here now. What if my husband comes in?" The client looked genuinely concerned of her husband's return. "How will I explain?"

"We are here to demand your payment." Raan tried to keep her face emotionless as she continued. "We are here for your daughter."

"What? No... You can't do that! We've waited so long for her!" Raan watched Leslie start to cry. "We've been trying for almost ten years! Please... Anything but that!"