The Vixen of Valden Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers

Ezra didn't know why, but he braced himself for what William was going to say next.

William took a deep breath. "Since I cannot find her a husband, I would like to propose this. Mr. Black—I knew your father very well, we were childhood friends and I know during your younger years that I did not see your father as often as I would have liked, but if I know anything of Grant, I know that he would have raised you to be the fine young man you are today. All I ask, is that you be a friend to Arabella. It would give me immense peace to know that someone cares for her best interests when I am gone. Of course I understand that you are an eligible young bachelor, so I do not expect an arrangement such as this to interfere, just as long as you are able, and when the time comes, perhaps you can find someone to take your place."

For some reason Ezra was disappointed, this was not the proposal that he'd expected and yet he knew he should have been glad.

William looked at him hopefully. "I understand you have your own wealth, but I shall still ensure that you are rightly compensated or perhaps if there is something else?"

Ezra found himself shaking William's hand. "As a very close friend of my father, how could I not accept the opportunity to help you. Think nothing of it, Mr. Lark."

William smiled as if a sudden burden had been lifted off his shoulders. "Please, call me William."

--

Arabella didn't have to guess, she knew that her father had made the proposal, but she couldn't stay angry at him. Seeing the smile on his face as he walked toward the house tugged at her heart. He meant no harm, in fact she knew that he had her best interests at heart, and in some ways she wished she could tell him—explain to him why. Perhaps if she'd been born a man, she could have had this candid conversation with him, but she wasn't, she was born a woman and that distinction was one of the reasons that fuelled her fire.

--

As it turned out, it wasn't just breakfast that Mr. Black had been invited for. He'd been invited to stay, the period indefinite. Arabella all but slapped her forehead when she found out, she needed to put an end to this, and quickly, she just needed to get Mr. Black alone.

--

It wasn't a shot of pure hatred as much as it was perhaps a look that said she might slit his throat in his sleep. Ezra actually had to suppress a laugh, as she politely ignored him at the table, only answering questions if she addressed.

It took all of Arabella's strength not to stab at her food, imagining that she was stabbing Mr. Black in the arm with her fork. She pursed her lips and held back a laugh, the absurdity of her imagination getting the better of her. Her amusement however, was short lived.

"Arabella."

She looked up from her plate. "Yes father?"

"I know you like to visit your friends on Tuesday evening. I wonder if you would be so kind as to take Mr. Black with you."

Arabella almost gasped as she concentrated on holding her smile. "Why of course father." Her steely gaze turned to Ezra, which then turned into a delighted grin. "It would be my pleasure."

--

As her father withdrew to the den, Arabella motioned for Ezra to come over to her by the stairs.

"Mr. Black."

"Yes, Miss Lark."

"Will you still be accompanying me tonight?"

"Of course Miss Lark, unless you seek otherwise?"

Arabella ignored his comment. "Mr. Black, I just suggest that you perhaps dress down and do not take any valuables with you. You will not need them where we are going."

Her smile was secretive and before Ezra could say another word she walked away.

--

"You're taking him there?" Molly was momentarily surprised and then she laughed.

"Yes." She smiled.

"You do realise he'll stick out like a sore thumb."

"Oh come on, I'm not that cruel, I've told him to dress down."

"He'll be ripe for the pickings..."

"Of course, I'm not an idiot. They can have him."

Molly put her hand over her mouth. "Miss Arabella you can be quite devious."

Arabella smiled slyly. "Well one does have to fight fire with fire, and I must protect my virtue," she said dramatically.

At that line, peals of laughter filled the bedroom.

--

"We are not taking a carriage?" Ezra was perplexed as they made their way to the stable.

"Surely you're not afraid of a little night ride, Mr. Black? I'll be more than happy to call the carriage for you."

Ezra raised his brow. "No need Miss Lark, I believe I should trust you, as I trust your father."

Arabella tried not to laugh, that trust was probably misplaced.

--

Ezra sat speechless for a moment as he watched Arabella gallop away, before setting chase down the road, her long cape flying out behind her. They rode a good twenty minutes and he found they were at the edge of the city.

Arabella slowed and then came to a complete stop, leading the horse through what appeared to abandoned quarters. Dismounting suddenly, she whistled and a young boy came out of nowhere.

"Miss Arabella!" he grinned and came running at her.

"Jordan!" She kneeled and opened her arms as he threw his own around her.

"Have you been a good boy?"

Jordan grinned and nodded.

"Good," Arabella said. "Now can you take care of Indie for me?"

The boy nodded again and Arabella pressed several coins in his hand.

"Shh, this is our little secret. Two are for you and the other one is for your mother." She ruffled his hair.

"Now Jordan, I need to ask you one more favour, do you think you can take care of Storm as well?"

"Yes." Jordan looked over at Ezra and suddenly shrank back.

Arabella put her arm around his shoulders. "It's okay Jordan, this is Mr. Black," she whispered.

Jordan stepped forward carefully and took his cap off his head. "Pleased to meet you Sir."

Ezra nodded his head, not know what to say.

"Okay Jordan, take Indie and we'll wait until you return for Storm."

"Arabella, isn't he—" Ezra watched open mouth as the boy who couldn't have been more than ten years of age, hoisted himself up onto the horse and rode away.

"He's fine Mr. Black."

A few minutes later he returned for Storm.

--

After Jordan left with storm they walked down the deserted street, weaving through some laneways before reach a dead end. Arabella knocked on a door, which was imperceptible in the dark.

"Password," a gruff voice said.

"Arabella Lark is a strumpet?"

There was silence and then a deep rumble of laughter. "If Lady Arabella were to hear that, I believe she would cut out your tongue."

"It would depend on who it was. I'd say Lady Arabella would be inclined to laugh first."

The door suddenly swung open. "Lady Arabella." The giant grinned down at Arabella, but stopped when he saw Ezra.

"He's fine Gerald, I vouch for him."

Gerald scrutinised Ezra, and Ezra could plainly tell he didn't like it. "You know I hate to ask Miss Arabella, but are you sure? There have been some unfortunate incidents in the past couple of months. We can't really afford the risk."

Arabella sighed. "Gerald had I ever brought trouble to your doorstep?"

"No Miss."

"Well then, Gerald, should I ever unknowingly bring trouble to your doorstep..." She beckoned him lower and whispered in his ear, "I'll fund the next one."

Gerald thew back his head and laughed. "Oh Miss Arabella, if there were only there were more women like you." He stepped aside, ushering her in and giving Ezra the once over.

Arabella loosened her cape, her dark hair falling free.

Ezra remained silent, sure that he was in the middle of some strange dream. A woman came and took Arabella's cape and they entered through another door, lively piano music filling the smoky room. There were people everywhere: women and men, playing cards, drinking and laughing.

"Miss Arabella." A woman sidled up to her with a crooked grin. "Whose the fella?"

Arabella grinned back. "This is Mr. Black, now be kind to him." Arabella slipped her some money, and the drinking motion with her hand." The woman's blue eyes widened like saucers and she licked her berry lips.

"Well, Mr. Black, the name's Ruby, and I believe I should be making your acquaintance."

Ezra shot Arabella an unsure look to which she waved him off with amusement.

Arabella laughed as she watched Ruby drag Ezra away and looked around the establishment. It wasn't exactly a house of ill repute, more like a place where workers could enjoy themselves freely. Rich people were nothing without their servants, maids, workers, gardeners—you name it. Arabella had attended enough stiff-upper-lip parties to last a lifetime. It was all, bragging, gossiping and insulting, the whole mine is bigger than yours, was enough to drive Arabella insane.

She wandered the floor and watched as Ezra was helpless in the hands of Ruby and laughed some more.

--

Ezra was aghast, he couldn't believe that Arabella had left him with this Ruby creature, who insisted on plying him with drink after drink. He caught on, but not without getting slightly tipsy first. What on earth were they doing here or rather, what was Arabella doing here? This was no place for a lady.

--

Arabella floated from table to table, socialising and joining the banter; occasionally checking Ezra's perplexed expression from across the room. She was surprised he hadn't immediately demanded that they leave.

"Miss Arabella."

"Hmm?"

The establishment had slowly filtered out for last couple of hours. As much as they all loved to party till the wee hours of the morning, some of their employers would likely near tan their hides if they didn't perform their duties the next day.

Ruby appeared at her side. "I think Mr. Black has had enough."

"How was he?"

"Oh, he's a clever one. Couldn't ply him as much I wanted, but he's had a bit to drink. Shame he's not really interested."

"Oh?"

They both looked across the room and smiled when they caught him watching them.

Ruby sighed. "He's a nice lookin' one."

Arabella smiled. "Well I'd better get him home."

--

Ezra watched as Ruby spoke with Arabella. How strange it was that she seemed completely at ease in a place like this. If she had of been a man, he would have thought nothing of it, but as woman? Not to mention what it would do to her reputation, yet she walked about as if she'd been coming here for years.

Arabella crossed the room and stopped by his side. "Mr. Black, would you like to call it night?"

He nodded and stood up slowly, following Arabella out. She bid her goodbyes and Gerald held her cloak out for her.

"Thank you Gerald." She put her arms around him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Mr. Black." Gerald nodded his head at him.

"Thank you." Ezra nodded back.

--

He walked next to Arabella as they walked through the laneways, when she suddenly turned a corner and stopped.

Ezra heard a grunt and he looked from behind Arabella, his eyes widening.

Not a few feet from where they stood a couple were rutting outside like a pair of animals. The woman's breasts were exposed as she balanced on top a broken horse rail and her companion stroked.

"Mmm, fuck me," her voice was thick and low. "Mmm, like that."

They watched as the man slowly, the lazy slap of their skin echoing in the morning air. "Oh god yes," the woman moaned.

"Like that, do ya? Like my big cock sliding in and out of your wet cunt."

"Yes," she groaned.

Their hips rocked together against railing and Ezra swallowed tightly. He was no stranger to enjoying a good fuck and he'd bedded his fair share of women, some a little more enthusiastic than others. It wasn't as if he wasn't experienced, but this was something else. It was obvious—this woman loved it.

A short high-pitched mewl sounded, the woman gasping. "Oh I'm going to cum! Fuck me! Fuck me please!"

Arabella watched, furiously wishing she could just ride off and meet up with Zach. It was going to an interesting ride home.

The man complied, gripping her hips and rapidly pumping himself inside her in short hurried movements. They suddenly chorused together, her crying out as he grunted heavily.

Ezra's breath caught in his throat, he was hard as steel and he couldn't tear his eyes away. The thought of taking Arabella on the ground right there tested his sanity.

Arabella suddenly turned. "Oops, wrong corner," she said not bothering to hide the amusement in her voice. She walked back down the laneway with Ezra gaping after her.

--

The horses fell into an easy trot, as they rode in complete silence. Arabella stared at the horizon ahead, not really seeing the horizon but replaying the couple fucking in the laneway over and over. The rhythm of the horse hummed against her, the slow heat building.

Ezra kept taking sideways glances at her. Why had he not noticed before that she wasn't riding side saddle. He switched his gaze in front of him, the horse riding was not helping his predicament as he grew more and more uncomfortable with each step.

Just a little more, Arabella thought. Her nipples tightened in an exquisite pinch as she slowly rocked toward her destination. It took everything in her willpower to not hoist up her skirts and put her fingers between her legs.

"Miss Lark."

She didn't answer.

"Miss Lark!"

Arabella thought she heard a voice as her lids drew down, and she felt the beginnings of the slow delicious quiver—when she realised Ezra was calling her, snatching the edges of her little death away, almost causing her to scream like a banshee.

She took deep shaky breath and turned slowly to him. "Mr. Black," she ground out through her clenched jaw.

He didn't notice. "Miss Lark, I apologise but I must stop for a moment." He halted his horse and quickly slid off, striding quickly into the brush.

Her shoulders slumped as her head dropped back. If she could've strangled him with her bare hands, she would have done so.

The relief was almost unbearable as Ezra gritted his teeth, to stop himself from vocalising his relief as his legs almost gave way. He braced his hand against the tree and sighed quietly, it might've eased the strain on his bladder, but that wasn't his problem.

Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers
12