The Wages of Sin, Revisited Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jill sped directly to the Parsonage where her pastor, Dave, was waiting for her at his door.

After the door was closed behind her, the pastor said, "You BITCH! You have been mouthing off to someone about us. Why would you do such an irresponsible thing? That jeopardizes my position, your marriage, and your working for the non-profits. Jill, you are not that stupid, why did you do it?"

Shocked and red faced and angry Jill screamed, "I have done no such thing..." and then she remembered doing so to her best friend, Helen, and continued, "Oh no! This can not be happening." Both were shaking at this time, and the Pastor showed her the anonymous letter and threat. For the first time in her life, Jill felt like a piece of shit and said out loud, "What have I done to my children, myself and my dear husband? Oh No. I want to die."

"Jill, just Chill out. If you go home and confess everything, you are finished and I am finished. We both know Norman is a no nonsense businessman who works very hard and he has the means to paint you in court as a 7th Avenue whore. But there is a way out of this, I think. "

"W..what are you saying, Dave?"

" I think the message is real and that a snooper has seen us and even photographed us. I noticed that I had left a window unlocked in my forgetfulness. But I cannot do anything about that now. But, suppose that in the Sunday sermon I confess to being deeply in love with you and you with me. I further announce that you and Norman are in the process of a no fault, no contest divorce in support of our love?"

"If you don't shut up, Dave, I will throw up on your carpet. You and me married?"

"Don't jump to conclusions! We could take our time about when we actually got married after your divorce was final. But of course, that presumes that Norman will give you a divorce like that."

"Dave, Norman would give me a divorce pronto if I were to ask. The children are very attached to their Dad and he will probably go along with joint custody. His father's company holds the mortgage on our house and we are already two payments behind, so I would have to move out - I am sure my Mother would allow us to move back in with her for a while. Dave, I am going crazy. Why did we get involved with each other?"

"Sometimes we are all weak and succumb to temptation. This is a disaster for me, in that my career in the Ministry is over and I am wholly unqualified to do anything else."

"You haven't considered my plight, you Bastard! I haven't worked in 5 years and all that I can do is work for low wages for a non-profit. Just how stupid can one woman be?"

The Pastor said, "Well it's getting late. How about going home and having that chat with Norman?"

Jill sat still alternately crying and moaning but finally said, "Dave, I think you are right. I see no other way. Any other choice I make will only pain my children more." Jill stood up and walked to the door while Dave sat frozen in his chair."

Driving home late, Jill called Helen's home phone. The husband answered, "Hello."

"Jeff, its Jill. May I speak to Helen its very important. "

"She is asleep, Jill. She went to bed exhausted after what must have been one hell of a day. Can this wait until in the morning?"

"Jeff, its vital. Please wake her."

In a moment a sleepy voice said, "What is going on, Jill?"

"Helen, have you told anyone about my balling my Pastor since I first told you at the December party?"

She yawned and thought for a minute and said, "Yeah. I told Jeff and another couple with whom we were partying and tipsy one night. I told it as a very funny joke and we all died laughing since you said neither of you are believers."

Outraged, Jill broke the circuit. But then Helen called right back, and said, "What the hell, girlfriend, can't all of us have a laugh? Those people don't know you."

"Helen please don't call me again." Jill broke the circuit again.

At home Norman looked at this watch when he heard the garage door going up, and then turned the volume of the movie up loud. When Jill walked into the Den, a major battle between a space ship and aliens was taking place on screen with crashing drums and cymbals working overtime in the movie's orchestra pit. At this point his dear wife walked in and sat down beside Norman, and said, "Can we talk?"

The husband muted the sound and looked at his unkempt wife and asked, "How is Mrs. Gillicuddy doing?"

Finally Jill spoke. "Please stop it. Norman would you give me a divorce?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, Norman, I am serious."

Her husband with a painted face of anxiety asked, "What terms of a divorce did you have in mind?"

Jill said, "I would prefer a no contest, joint custody of the children, even split of our assets type divorce. Lets present a friendship front to the children and to the community."

"Jill, I want you to pursue whatever it is that you want out of life. I have sensed for the past year that you have not been happy with me, so sure. I will agree to a divorce as you have stated. I can hire the Nanny to move into here with the children. They love her and she is trustworthy. What about you? Where do you plan to live?"

"I will move in with Mom as she needs my help more than ever now since her operation. I will set up a room for the children when they are visiting me."

"That will work, I think. Jill, why don't you go to bed and I will sleep in the guest bedroom tonight and lets both think about this to be sure? I am sorry I have been unable to make you happy lately, but the first 7 years of our marriage were wonderful. That is what I will remember."

Jill shook violently but finally forced herself up the stairs as Norman started the movie again. She kissed both of her boys in their sleep and had to leave the room when she broke out crying loudly. She texted the Pastor, "Norman agreed to a simple divorce." She finally lay in bed and counted teardrops and sheep all the sleepless night.

The next morning was Sunday and everyone dressed for church. The kids talked incessantly during the drive. The two adults were mostly silent. Walking from the church parking lot the couple greeted several people that they knew and displayed a painted smile to those they met. The children soon joined with chums and left for the youth organization meetings that were held in the church basement. The Rounders sat near a first row Pew and then moved forward onto the padded Kneeler board and then sat back down, as was their normal practice.

After the choir singing, announcements, and other routines were over, the Pastor approached the ornate pulpit. He said solemnly, "Welcome to God's house. I have an announcement to make. As you all know I am unmarried and have been blessed with some wonderful introductions to ladies that many of you have provided. For that I thank you, again. But I have found a lady who I have asked to marry me and she has agreed to be my wife. It happens that she and her husband are in the process of getting a divorce as I speak. There is no animosity between the three of us. In fact Jill and Norman are here together this morning, and many of you know them. They are Jill Rounder and her husband, Norman. Say hello to Jill who will stand beside me after the service is over. And now for today's sermon..."

There was a collective gasp in the audience and chatter amongst the congregation for a moment. A dozen or so people stood and left the church. The pastor continued his sermon and shortly the congregation quieted down ostensibly to listen. Afterwards the members filed out the door shaking the Pastor's and Jill Rounder's hand. Norman stood at some distance chatting to a buddy he once played a lot of golf with and said, "I think I have time to meet with you guys for a foursome next Saturday if I can barge in again?"

"Sure, glad to see you back on the green."

The End

Epilogue: Jill and Norman went to an attorney together and spelled out divorce terms as planned. It was sharing of the asset book values equally; dual custody of the children, and Norman would continue to live with the children in his father's house. They both signed the boilerplate forms. Norman helped Jill move into her Mom's house and the Nanny jumped at a chance to move into Norman's house to be a live in Nanny to his children and otherwise run his fine house.

Jill reluctantly took a job with a large non-profit that paid a good base salary. Her new Hunk had greased the skids for her to get this somewhat lucrative job as a fundraiser. In the course of interacting with managers of corporate committees, Trust Funds and government agencies for the solicitation of funds, a whole new world of available men was opened up to her. She became so busy until in a few months she drifted away from her children.

Norman found himself head over heals working. Business was good. In time he fell in love with a prospective customer while business was growing.

*****

Author's Note: Norman's future will be the theme of Part 2.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
48 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess I am old-fashioned, but that part where the divorce adviser says he takes a woman out to dinner and show, and then he has bought sex with her, I thought that was pretty disgusting. I know there's a lot of that around, but it is too bad to see it so casually accepted. Then, of course, one of these people is entitled to find his "princess," that special one. I think he's entitled to another divorce. I suppose, though, that given the hostility to women that pervades these stories, most men don't have a problem with it.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

Please - don't write anymore dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Still waiting for part 2.... This is a very good story and I have read all of your stories and enjoyed all. Please may we have more of your work or is this GOOD BYE?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yuck…was Norman a male?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Won't bother going to part 2. Go back to school

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
Abuse of Power Is somebody watching?in Loving Wives
Equalizer Leveling the playing field for the underdog.in Loving Wives
Covet Deserve and desire are two separate things.in Loving Wives
More Stories