The Waitress

Story Info
A man going from California to NYC gets diverted in Colorado.
7.4k words
4.76
22.7k
54
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Scott Koehler put the last of his belongings into his car and closed the trunk. He took one last look at the house that he called home for the previous 10 years that now a "Sold" sign in front of it. He lost his wife, Madeline or Maddy to people who knew her, and he had decided it was time to move on. Not only had he sold the house, he sold the furniture and all but that he had loaded into his car. A job offer was waiting for him on the other coast and he decided to start life anew.

Traveling the country was something that he and his wife and wanted to do. But, he traveled the world instead. They weren't site seeing or tourist trips. He was a free-lance photographer who traveled the war-torn regions of the world. It was not uncommon for him to receive a call in the middle of the night and have to leave for some distant battlefield. He could be gone for a couple of days or several weeks. He never knew.

Maddy tried to be understanding and make it work. Scott had to hand it to her, she did try. He just wasn't able to let go of his passion.

He had two weeks before he was due in New York City, he was going to take his time and see some of the country that lie in-between. His sister lived in Denver, so he knew that Colorado was one of the places on his list to see.

Scott climbed into his car, started the engine and put it gear. He eased off the brake and took one last glimpse as the home that he and Maddy built slipped out of sight.

The sun was setting as he pulled in to a small town called Buena Vista nestled in the Colorado Rockies. He found a motel and checked in. Sarah, his sister, had told him about the Arkansas River Valley and how beautiful it was on a number of occasions and he looked forward to spending a day here before moving on to Denver.

He found a small café within walking distance of the motel the next morning. He located a table near a window that opened to the mountain range to the west. The morning sun made the peaks glow with a tint of orange. The combination of the deepest blue sky he had ever seen made for a majestic scene.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" said the voice behind him.

"Um, what?" Scott said as he turned to see a waitress standing there.

She pointed with her pencil, "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Scott looked at the woman standing there. She was dressed in a sleeveless blouse and skirt. Her hair was tied loosely on the back of her head. She looked to be about his age, perhaps a year or two younger. Her name badge said "Molly."

He turned and looked back out the window and nodded his head, "Yes, it is."

"I lived here almost all my life and I never get tired of it."

"I can see why." Scott turned back and saw Molly looking at him with a hint of a smile.

"What can I get you this morning?" she asked.

"How about a couple of eggs, over easy, hash browns, bacon, and coffee," he asked.

He watched as she finished scribbling on her note pad. With an emphasis on the final period with her pencil, she looked at Scott and gave a bigger smile, "Coming right up."

He watched as she left, admiring her figure from behind. He watched as she stopped and talked to another but older waitress, turning and smiling at him. The second waitress also looked at grabbed a pot of coffee along with a mug and creamer.

"Here you go, sir. Did you want creamer?"

"Please."

She placed the mug and creamer down, poured the coffee and set the carafe on the table. She smiled as she turned and walked away.

Scott alternated looking at the vista outside and the few people inside. It seemed to be populated with what looked to be locals more than tourists. Having lived in a touristy part of California, he found that he could pick out the tourists easily. He smiled as he wondered if others in the café had him picked out.

It wasn't very long before Molly returned and set his breakfast down on the table in front of him. "Can I get you anything else?" she asked.

He looked at his plate and then to her, "No, I don't think so."

"Enjoy then," she said and turned to leave. He wasn't sure, but he thought he saw a sparkle in her eye.

She didn't return until it was time to take his plate away. After hearing that he didn't need anything else, she laid the check down on the table and with another beautiful smile, "Thank you, sir. Hope to see you again."

"Thank you. And who knows," Scott replied

Scott spent the first part of the day exploring the town and the afternoon drove south towards Salida and back. He stopped at a number of places along the way and took several photographs. As beautiful as the surroundings were, the beauty that served him that morning frequently entered his mind.

The café had closed for the day by the time he returned to town late that afternoon. He saw where it closes at two each afternoon. After a light dinner, he returned to his motel room. While he felt more alive today that he had in recent memory, the sun and the thin air of being at altitude resulted in him falling asleep not long after the sun went down. Visions of both Maddy and Molly filled his dreams.

He awoke the next morning he woke and sat up in bed. He recalled part of the dreams he had. He felt guilty that Molly was in his dreams. Maddy was the love of his life. He always said that she was the better part of him. Just the same, a part of him wanted to go back to the same café and hopefully Molly was working again.

He sat at the same table as he did the previous morning. The same older waitress that served him coffee yesterday came up and placed the silverware, wrapped in a napkin, on the table in front of him. She smiled as she said, "Molly will be right with you."

Scott smiled and said, "Thank you."

"Well, back again?" said the voice he now recognized. Again he was staring out the window when she came up to the table.

"I am. Yesterday was such a wonderful breakfast. I just had to do it again," Scott remarked. He noticed that she was wearing a pair of jeans this morning and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Her hair was tied up the same way as yesterday. He envisioned what it would look like if it was untied and allow to drape around her shoulders. He smiled.

"Same thing as yesterday?"

"You remember?"

Without turning her eyes away, "Two eggs, over easy, hash browns, bacon, and coffee."

"That'll work," he replied, clasping his hands on the table and smiling at her.

While he waited, he looked around and noticed that the café wasn't as full as it was yesterday. He became lost in thought. He missed Maddy and he figured that he probably always will.

"Here you go," Molly said, bringing him out of his trance. He turned and looked at Molly. The sun reflecting off a window outside shown on her face, making her look a little more radiant, almost like a halo.

"Ugh, she remarked as she squinted and moved to the sign, the halo disappearing.

"Can I get you anything else?" she asked.

As much as he wanted to ask her to join him, "No, I think I'm good. Thank you."

She returned after he had finished and picked up his plate. "Staying here long?" she asked.

"Just for a day or two to do some sightseeing. Then I'll be moving on."

"Let me put this away and I can give you some places to see before you leave. You know, some places most tourists have no clue about," she said with a wink. She turned and headed back towards the kitchen, turning and smiling as she pushed open the kitchen door.

Scott found that Molly had understated the magnificence of the locations she had suggested. He made plans to photograph the mountain range on the west side of the valley at dawn the next day. He filled more space on the camera's memory card.

It was just after 1pm when he walked back into the café. Fortunately, what had become his favorite table was empty and he caught a glimpse of Molly in the back of the dining area. He watched her as she moved from table to table. She had an elegance about her when she moved. She laughed at something a couple at another table said. She started to turn and head towards the kitchen when she turned her head and saw Scott.

Scott let out a big smile when she spied him, broke into a smile and headed towards him.

"Back again?"

"Well, you gave me a list of beautiful things to see and you were right. I just had to come back and tell you. Thank you."

"Well, you are welcome."

"But there was one that you left off your list."

Molly cocked her head, "Oh?"

"Yeah. You," Scott said as he looked her in the eye and turned up the corner of his mouth.

Molly put a hand to her face, feeling her cheeks turn red. "No, I'm not beautiful."

"Well, I think you are."

They didn't see the older waitress observe the exchange and smile as well.

"Whatever," Molly replied as she tried to hide her embarrassment. No one had called her beautiful in a long time. She didn't think of herself as anything but plain.

"What can I get you?" she asked, hoping to steer the conversation a different direction.

"How about the best burger you have," he replied.

"Coming right up," Molly said, jotting the order down on her pad and taking an extra second or two to look at the man who just complimented her.

Scott was at the register paying his bill, "I noticed that you close for the day shortly. Care to join me and you can show me some more of the area?"

Molly pushed the drawer closed with her hands and leaned against the register, "Oh, I can't. I have to pick up some things and, well, I have some things I have to do this afternoon."

"What about tomorrow?" Scott asked, he really wanted to get to know this woman better.

"I have to work."

"Molly, dear," said the older waitress as she approached the register. Molly and Scott both turned the attention to interloper.

"Yes, Valeri?" Molly responded.

"You know, it's been a while since you had a vacation day."

"I don't have any vacation days left," Molly reminded Valeri.

"Oh, I think there's still a day or two on the books. I think you deserve a day off. Tomorrow perhaps?" she offered.

"Scott, meet Valeri Knoll. She and her husband own the place," she informed him.

"Valeri, this is Scott," she started as she looked at her boss and then turned to Scott, "I didn't catch your last name?"

"Koehler. Scott Koehler," he said as he offered his hand.

Valeri took his hand and cocked her head just a little. She thought the name rang a bell, but she couldn't be sure. And then she remembered. It was his name at the bottom of a picture that was in all the newspapers, magazines, and internet.

"Well," Molly said to Scott with a broad smile, "I guess I have tomorrow off." She gave him her address and arranged to meet at 9 the next morning. She watched him leave and started feeling excited for the next day.

Scott tossed and turned through the night. He got up and stepped into the shower 'Get a grip. You're acting like a teenager going on a first date,' he tried to tell himself. The town is small, so it wasn't very difficult for Scott to find the address. He felt his heart race as he pulled up to the curb and shut the car off. He took a deep breath and stepped out.

Molly opened the just as he reached the front porch. He watched as she closed the door and locked it behind her. He looked at her admiringly. She wore a loose pair of shorts that came halfway down her thigh. It accentuated what he saw as a beautiful pair of legs. She wore a sleeveless blouse that was large enough that it concealed the size of her chest. He held out his arm and grinned as she wrapped her arm in his.

She was silent as he opened the passenger door and took the opportunity to gaze at her lovely legs. Molly, seeing where he was looking, took an extra second to move her legs in the car. It had been years since a man had paid any attention to her, outside of the typically hoots and hollers at the café.

Scott slid into the driver's seat and turned to Molly, "So where to?"

Molly looked at him with a semi-serious look on her face, "The café," she said.

"The café?" he confirmed, hoping that it didn't mean she had to work today after all.

"Yeah, Valeri call just before you pulled up and asked if I would stop by on our way out."

"Hm, okay. The café it is, then."

Molly was silent on the short drive to the café, wondering what Valeri wanted. She had never been called on a day off before. Scott pulled up to an empty spot and Molly was out before he could finish putting the car in park. What seemed like an eternity was really only five minutes before he saw Molly coming out of the café.

Her face was beaming as she bounced her way to the car, carrying a basket. She opened the door and put the basket in the back seat and then sat down herself. She closed the door and half turned in her seat to face Scott.

"Valeri put together a picnic lunch for us. That's what the call was about. She says to have fun and relax today," she said, almost giddy.

"Then let's have fun. Lead the way," Scott decreed, waving with his left hand, indicating she should give directions, a broad smile plastered on his face.

The morning passed quickly as Molly took him all around the area, to places he definitely wouldn't have found on his own. It was noon when she directed him to a meadow that seemed to be as far away from civilization as possible.

Molly waited as Scott grabbed a blanket out of the trunk and then came around and opened the door for her. She reached into the back and grabbed the basket. Scott closed the door behind and felt her grab his hand with hers as she led them to a flat spot and set the basket down.

Scott watched as Molly spread the blanket out and then came up to him. He looked into her eyes as she approached. His desire to kiss her was strong. She felt her hand as she placed them on his hips. He placed his on her and drew her closer.

He lost all awareness of his surroundings as his lips met hers. The kiss was chaste at first but soon the fire inside each of them began to surface and the kiss became more fervent.

When they broke, Scott slowly moved his head back and forth, "Molly, I'm sorry, I didn't," was as far as he got.

Molly put a finger to his lips, "Sssh, I wanted that as much as you."

"I don't usually move this fast, we've only just met," he tried to explain. In fact, Molly was only the third woman he kissed since the divorce. But this was the first one in which he felt something.

Molly returned her hand to his hip, "I know. But, I don't know, it just seems like I've known you for a lot longer."

"Me too," Scott replied softly. He closed his eyes as Molly moved her head in for another kiss. This time he felt her hands slide up his back as she drew him closer.

Scott started to feel his penis respond to the kiss as it became more passionate. He was sure that Molly could feel the bulge that had started to form in his pants. He tried to move his hips back, but he was stopped as her hands dropped down to his ass and she pulled him in tighter, forcing his hardness into her. He let his hands move to caress her cheeks and gently puller her towards him.

Molly broke the kiss and stepped back. Scott had a momentary panic as she stepped away, fearing that he had offended her. She smiled, took his hand and led him down to the blanket.

"It's been a long time," he whispered as she pulled his shirt over his head.

"It has been for me too. A very long time."

Not another word was spoken as they slowly undressed each other, taking time to caress and taste each new piece of skin as it was revealed.

"God, you're beautiful," he uttered as she lay on her back, totally nude, her legs slightly parted. Her pussy was covered with a neatly trimmed and inviting triangle of hair. He had already discovered that her nipples were highly sensitive. He was anxious to find out if she had other sensitive areas.

"You're not so bad yourself," Molly said with a smile, her hand wrapping around his erection and slowly stroking it.

Scott moved down just a little and placed his hands on the inside of her knees. He didn't need to exert any pressure as Molly moved her legs apart, giving him access to her sweet spot. He felt her fingers run through his hair as he kissed the inside of her thighs, slowly making his way up her legs. He felt her grab a fistful of hair as his tongue found her slit and moved upwards. He took his time and brought her to the brink several times. She begged for release and finally he took her over the edge, her hips rising to meet his tongue. Fluid jetted out from her as she came. Her legs squeezed his head as her orgasm took over. He was sure that he had lost a clump of hair as well.

As her legs released the hold on his head and her hands fell away, he moved his tongue back to her thighs and the crease between her vulva and her leg. He looked up to she her breathing rapidly and her eyes were closed.

He continued caressing her leg with his tongue and made his way back to her slit. He rolled her clit with his tongue and lips. He also inserted a couple of fingers into her slick tunnel, turning his hand so his fingers could stroke the upper part of her vagina.

"No more, Oh God, don't stop," Molly cried out as she started climbing to a second orgasm. This one as intense as the first.

He moved up, kissing her abdomen and then her nipples as she recovered for the second time. She looked at him through glassy eyes and smiled. He felt her hand clasp his cock and pull it towards her opening.

"I don't have a condom," he said as he tried to stop.

"It's okay, I'm on the pill," she replied and pulled his erection up to her and moved the head up and down, coating it with her juices.

Scott couldn't say anymore as Molly engaged her mouth with his as she pushed his ass with her hand. Scott felt her tunnel wrap around his cock as he slowly sank into her. The sensation of having his cock inside the warm, wet, clasp of a vagina was the most wonderful sensation in the world. He pulled his mouth away from hers and looked into her eyes as he slowly started moving in and out of her. He didn't break his gaze until he felt him release his semen deep into her womb. Scott felt her arms wrap around his neck and her ankles lock behind his back as his finished his orgasm.

It was almost an hour and a half later and a few more orgasms for each, including her on top riding his cock before hunger finally became overpowering. Dessert was another round of lovemaking. It was late afternoon before the couple put away the remains from lunch and got dressed.

"I have to be heading home," Molly said as she placed her hand on the side of his face.

"I was hoping maybe we could have dinner," Scott replied.

Molly took a deep breath and stroked his cheek a little more, "That would be lovely. But I do need to head home."

They held hands as they made their way back to his car. Once again, he held the door open for her as she climbed in. They were both silent as they started back to town, each thinking about the turn of events that afternoon.

"When do you have to leave?" Molly asked in a hushed voice.

"Soon. I need to be in Denver no later than the day after tomorrow."

Molly just nodded her head. She tried to hide the welling up that had started in her eyes. She had not expected to feel this way.

They pulled up in front of her house and Scott noticed a car in the driveway that hadn't been there when they left earlier. Molly noticed him looking at the strange vehicle.

"Come inside, there's someone you need to meet," Molly said as she got out of the car, grabbing the basket. She knew that she was falling for this man and hoped that maybe there was a chance that something could develop between them, Denver be damned. But if anything was to develop, she had to take this next step.

Scott followed her to the door and wasn't terribly surprised when she turned the know and opened it without unlocking it. He stepped inside and heard a loud voice.