The Warlord

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shyee
Shyee
341 Followers

Once again, Dominic told his men which ones to escort out and looked back down to Isabella.

She squeezed his hand a little before going over to the men, he took her hand when she walked so all she would have to do was squeeze it when she knew who one of them was. She did that to five of the men and they were escorted to the other side of the room.

He lead her over near the door and looked at her. "The men were prisoners or guards, my Lady?"

Looking back over to the men. "The one standing at the front is the one who escorted me to the King the first time, the others are the ones who bought me to the castle." she softly said.

He spoke softly in his native language to his men and they escorted the men she had picked out, out of the room. He then looked back down to her. "Do you know about the women?"

Nodding, looking into his eyes. "The woman on the end with graying hair, she is the castle Mistress. She is the one who gave us jobs and told us when we were meant to meet the King." Then looking over at the women, keeping her voice soft. "The others were allowed to roam freely, they kept a eye on us at our work stations." Looking back to him half way through her sentence.

He spoke again in his native tongue to the remaining men and they began to escort the women out of the room.

She quickly looked up to him. "Please, the people here need answers before you do whatever you plan to do to them."

He patted her hand lightly. "They are just taking them to the dungeons. We have a few questions for them as well." Giving her a reassuring smile, then asked, "What questions do you need to know?" He waved his men on to take the women away and soon they were alone in the room.

She didn't want to keep anything from him, knowing honesty was best against a dangerous man. Once they were alone, she said, "The King took the older people to the mines. None of us know where the mines are. Carts would pass through the village filled with ore from the mines. He took my parents to the mine, so I'd like to know if they are still alive or dead."

He held his arm out to her again and she took it. He walked her outside of the room and down the hall to a balcony so they could take in the fresh night air. "Do you know who I am, my Lady?" he asked.

She nodded. "Your name proceeds you, Sir. You take land to add to your current to create one nation. You kill everyone so your own people can come and explore in safety."

He sat on the stone balcony and smiled a little. "That's part of the truth. I do keep the land I take, but I also do favors for people. And that is why I'm here now."

She went from looking over the castle grounds to looking over at him.

He grinned when he got her full attention. "Yes, one of the people who came from here, whispered about a evil King, taking people against their wills and those who defy him were enslaved. For doing a favor to the person, I expected a favor in return." He smirked.

She lent against the balcony with her hip, facing him from a few meters away from him. "What type of favors do you ask?"

Still with the same smirk, he lent towards her, whispering. "To spread rumors about how ruthless I am." He winked. "The only people I kill are the ones who attack me. If you don't attack, I won't kill. So spreading rumors about how ruthless I am, means that I have a whole lot of land, people from my land can travel safely and no one will do anything against anyone in my protection."

She watched him as he spoke about himself. "What if someone thinks they can take what you have?" She asked curiously.

Chuckling. "The thing is my Lady, because of how I treat people. People who I save are more than willing to help with the cause. Take Ter for instance, a while back the village he lived in was raided by bandits. The bandits expected payment every month. Then I came along with my men and we killed the bandits. We made sure everyone knew that I was around and not to make trouble for the village again. He ended up joining me and worked his way up to become my second."

He let that sink in before adding. "I don't expect people to drop everything to join us. The only thing I expect from people on my land is to aid my men when we pass through and to send word to us if there is trouble. So once we move on from here, I expect people to tell me if anyone wants to take over. That would be the only time I return here, so the people are free to do whatever they want."

* * * * *

They spoke til the early hours of the morning before he ended their conversation by walking her to her room which was just down from his room. He kissed the back of her hand. "It has been a pleasure, my Lady Isabella."

She blushed with the kiss. Then looked at him curiously as she asked, "You do not take women to your bed, Sir? Or you have a woman waiting for you at your home?"

He shook his head. "I don't make women come with me to warm my bed. If they want to join me in my bed, they have to come to me and ask, even then, there is no saying I would let them in. And no, I claim no woman as mine." He lent against the door frame. "And what about you, my Lady, do you have a man waiting for your hand?"

Listening to his words, she was getting more of a feel of who the man truly was, then shook her head with his question. "Other than if my parents are alive. There is no one waiting for me."

He took her hand again, more gently than before. His thumb brushed over her knuckles. "I am sure you have plenty of admirers, my Lady. I know if I had a chance in your eyes, I would be wanting to fight for your hand." He then kissed the back of her hand again and smiled. "Now off with you. You should be sleeping and getting the rest you have been missing since your imprisonment."

"I wish you a good night, Sir." Trying her hardest not to blush as she stepped into her room and he closed the door behind her.

* * * * *

The next morning, the women were all up early and moved to the kitchen to cook. They thought that was a good thankyou to the men that rescued them and a few of the young women were becoming attached to a few they had met the night before. As soon as Isabella arrived in the kitchen, they started to question her about the Warlord.

All that she answered with was. "If you want to know something, ask him yourself." She didn't believe what happened between herself and the Warlord was anyones business but their own.

After more time, they rang the bell and started to move everything out into the great hall so the men could help themselves to the food.

The men started to come in, a few of them were cheeky enough to squeeze a few of the women bottoms which got a playful smack on their arm and giggles. Once everyone was seated, Isabella saw that Dominic hadn't come down. So quietly going over to Ter, she softly asked. "Sir, is the Warlord coming down for breakfast?"

Ter recognized Isabella from the night before and shook his head. "I plan on taking something up to him after I eat."

Shyly she said, "I would be happy to, if you like. It will give you more time so you won't have to rush to eat. If you prefer to do it yourself, I can get a tray for you to give to him."

Ter looked at her for a long time. He knew from the past raids that Dominic always picked one woman he was interested in and knew Isabella was his choice here, plus he wouldn't allow any other woman in his bedroom, so he nodded. "Go ahead. You might beable to get him in a good mood early in the day compared to how he is like other mornings."

Blushing a little before giving a single nod. "I will try my best to get him in a good mood." Giving shy smile before walking away to get the tray ready to take up.

* * * * *

She had cooked fresh food and set it all on a tray. She had plenty on it that would feed at least three men. She didn't want to go unprepared. She got to his door and knocked loudly on it then heard, "Come on in, Ter."

Biting her lower lip. She knew Dominic was expecting Ter with breakfast so was hesitated for a moment before turning the handle and going inside. She looked down at the food as she entered and closed the door behind her.

He had his back to the door as he washed the sleep from his body. "So what do you think we should do? How do you think we'll beable to get the information out of them today?" He was drying his face and upper body as he turned around to see it wasn't Ter, but Isabella. "Oh, sorry, my Lady, I thought you were Ter."

"Tis fine, my Lord. I spoke to him before coming up. I offered to bring your breakfast up." Moving the tray a little before taking it over to the table and placing it down.

He looked at the food and walked over to her. "Care to join me? Or have you already eaten?" He asked as he sat down.

"I'd like that if you don't mind, I was going to eat when I returned back down there." She answered.

He motioned to the seat opposite and began to eat with his hands. He smiled as she sat down. Then teased. "You better be careful my Lady, I might get use to this pampering." Giving her a wink.

Smiling shyly. "Because you gave us back our life, I'd be glad to pamper you during your stay here, my Lord." Picking up the fork and used it to spear the food and eat.

They sat in silence for a short time before the conversation began. He began telling her of his travels and she told him about her parents and the work she did before going to the castle. He was interested in her work and asked if he bought materials if she would beable to make him something and of course, she said yes.

The conversation ended when there was a knock at the door. Dominic said, "Enter."

Ter entered and bowed his head and waited.

"Speak openly, Ter." Dominic said.

Ter was a little thrown with that. Dominic never usually had his women listening in on their conversations. He usually sent them away before speaking openly of their needed tasks. "Just wondering what you want to do with the prisoners, Sir."

Dominic nodded. "Good question. All people have their weaknesses. We just have to find theirs."

Isabella looked like she was going to say something but took another bite from the sausage she was eating. Dominic looked over to her and nodded. She knew by the nod that she was to speak, so softly said. "The men have families in the village. If I wanted to get information, and with your reputations, I'm sure if you mention having them in your reach." Giving a shrug, letting them get the idea of what she was meaning.

Ter nodded. "That would work. If they think their families are in danger, unless their heartless, they will do whatever we tell them."

Dominic grinned at her idea. "So, my Lady, do you feel like some payback of what they've done to you?"

Giving a single slow nod and said, "They would take it more seriously knowing I was willing to give over names."

Dominic picked up a sausage and stood up, holding his arm out to Isabella and she quickly took her own sausage off the fork and stood up, taking his hand as they headed down to the dungeon. It took about ten minutes to get down to the first room in the dungeon and Dominic and Ter went in first.

Dominic began with. "Tell me where the mines are and we'll let you go."

The man looked up before laying back where he was and staring at the ceiling. "Go to the next one, I'm not interested in telling you anything."

Ter went over to the man and forced him to sit up. "Last chance to tell us or we'll do something you might regret."

The man laughed. "Just kill me and get it over and done with." He stared at Ter.

Isabella walked into the door way. "You should tell them Garic or I'll tell them where to find Andrea and the children." She kept her eyes on the man, making sure he knew she would do it if she had to.

The man looked at her and chuckled. "You wouldn't do it. You don't have the guts for it."

Isabella arched a brow. "Wouldn't I? You hid your sister so she wouldn't be bought here. You made other peoples sisters and daughters come here in her place. So just try me."

He straightened up a little then shook his head. "I know you. You wouldn't put someone in danger."

Crossing her arms and lent against the door. As planned a guard came up behind her and she turned her head a little. "The small house near the tavern on the right. The woman is Andrea and the kids are Robert and Patrica." Then she gave a shrug as the guard walked away.

The man yelled out, "Wait. Please tell your man to come back. I'll tell you what you want to know." He bent forward, putting his head in his hands. "Don't hurt them please."

Dominic then asked again, "Where are the mines?"

The man sighed. "Follow the road west until you get to the fork in the road, then go to the right and keep following it until you see the two trees on the side of the road. There's a deep path that the carts have made and just follow that and you'll arrive at the mines."

Terr whispered in his ear. "You better hope your telling us the truth because if you aren't, you will be explaining to your wife and children why they are locked up down here with you."

The three of them then left the man in his thoughts before going upstairs. Dominic patted his man on the shoulder that played messenger before the guard headed back to his post. Then not thinking, he put his arm around Isabella's shoulders and laugh. "Remind me never to piss you off, Bella."

A deep blush moved across her cheeks with his touch. "I'm sure you wouldn't beable to do such a thing, my Lord."

He then realized what he was doing and quickly moved his arm away from her. "Sorry my Lady, sometimes I forget my manners when I'm in a good mood." Then he looked over to Ter. "Get the others and meet me in the thrown room."

Ter nodded and left the two alone. He was about to say something but she quickly said, "I did not mind, my Lord. If I might be allowed, I will clean your room while you meet with your men to prepare for the trip to the mines."

He nodded. "If you need me before hand, I'll be in the thrown room."

Curtsying before leaving him to prepare. On her way to his room, she picked up fresh linens, deciding to do that as well while she was up there. She wasn't expecting anyone to be there but once she opened the door she blinked. Her lips moved but nothing came out before finally shaking the shock off. "Amanda, what are you doing?" She went and placed the linens down and looked back at the woman, naked in the bed.

Amanda sat up and pulled the sheet up over her body. "I'm waiting for Dominic."

Isabella nodded a little. "I'll go and tell him your waiting for him then." Picking up the tray from breakfast and leaving the room. As soon as she was out of the room, her chest felt tight. He had told her the night before about the women from his past and that didn't seem to bother her at all. But now seeing he had picked a woman, she could only place her feelings as jealousy. She quickly headed down to the kitchen and got her composure before knocking on the door to the thrown room.

The men were planning on which way to go, they had moved one of the tables to the center of the room with a maps they had found. She didn't have to wait long for the doors to open and Ter smiled and opened it for her to enter.

Dominic looked up from the maps. "What can I do for you, my Lady?" he asked with a smile.

For the first time, she didn't look up when he spoke and softly said, "Your guest is waiting in your room, my Lord."

He arched a brow and moved away from the table and walked over to her. "What guest?"

Hesitating, she looked up. "Amanda, my Lord. She was one of the women you met last night."

He rolled his eyes. "Ter, take care of that for me will you." Then he looked around. "Aaron, ask everyone that was rescued last night to come here straight away please. It looks like I have to give the usual talk so everyone knows their place."

Ter smirked and bowed his head before leaving the room and Aaron quickly disappeared and rang the bell from the kitchen so the employees knew there was a meeting happening.

Within twenty minutes, everyone was in the room that was released the night before. Dominic was leaning on the table and talking quietly to Ter. Aaron softly said, "They are all here, my Lord."

Dominic nodded and moved from the table and looked over the women and men. He sighed a little before he said, "I'm not sure where you people were born, but I was born into a respectable family. If we wanted to go into someones private areas, we'd knock to get permission to enter, if there was no answer then we'd wait until they returned to speak to them. I expect the same sort of courtesy here. If anyone wants to speak to me privately, then come to me to do it. This is the only warning I'm giving, no one is to enter my private chambers without my permission and at the moment, there are only two people here who have it." He looked around to make sure his words were getting through.

A few of them nodded in agreement with what he was saying but one huffed a little which made him glare at her. "I'm guessing, your Amanda?"

She looked at him and nodded a little.

He shook his head at her. "If I had wanted you in my bed, girl, I would of taken you there myself." He looked around again. "The only two people allowed in my room are my second, Ter, and the Lady Isabella."

Amanda huffed again. "Why her?" she said a bit louder than she originally planned.

He smirked, he was waiting for that question. He took a step forward before moving down the line of people. "The reason I allow her is; One, because she was the one who stepped up when I asked you to assist my men. We would still be waiting to be treated by the way all of you acted last night. Two, because she isn't scared of me. I can feel your fear, even now if I asked you to hold your hands up in front of you, they would be shaking. And most important, the third reason," He moved back to the middle of the group before he said, "The last reason is because she is the one who got us the directions to the mines so we can bring your people back to you. If I was one of you, I'd be thanking her at the moment."

Isabella kept her head up but her eyes to the ground as he spoke. She didn't moved even when she felt the others watching her.

He then went back to the table with the maps and gave Ter a hand signal and Ter spoke, "Off with yous. Aaron, I want you to help the Lady Isabella with the project our Lord has set for her."

Aaron nodded. "Yes, Sir." He went over to Isabella as the others filed out.

Isabella was a little curious why she was given a helper but decided not to question it. She bowed her head and headed out with Aaron and headed down to the blacksmiths stall.

* * * *

Aaron wasn't one of the youngest, but he was one of the newest to join the Warlord's army. He had proven in a short amount of time he could be trusted so being trusted with the Warlord's woman was something he was happy about. He was another one who noticed the difference Dominic was acting towards Isabella and wasn't sure about it. So he guessed with his time with her now, he would figure it out what his leader was seeing in the girl.

Once they had gotten to the blacksmiths stall, Isabella smiled over to him. "Do you get the job of babysitter often, Sir?"

He chuckled. "No, my Lady. And please, just call me Aaron," he said bowing his head. He looked around and sat down against one of the bails of hay. "So what project did he ask you to do for him?"

She started to get blocks of sandstone and clay and sat down at a table near the fire. "I mentioned to him about making custom jewelry, and he mentioned about his cloak clasp breaking, so I offered to fix it for him."

He looked a little surprised with that information. He had never known a woman to work with metal so he was really going to enjoy watching her work.

From a small bag, she pulled out the original clasp out and had a look at it. She grabbed a small hammer and tapped the dints out of it to make it curve once more and placed in a new pin so it would work normally. Once the dints where out, she looked over to him. "Can you put that pot of metal on the fire and melt it for me please?"

Shyee
Shyee
341 Followers
123456...8