The Warrior Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Geldan gave a frustrated sigh. "But we don't have time, Allorah. At the point that you learn enough to be able to understand him, his information will already be so outdated that..." He stopped himself then, lowering his gaze and nodding deferentially. "My apologies. I don't mean to question you."

Allorah looked at him tiredly, and sighed too. Though only two years her senior, she could see visible signs in his face of the toll the war and his hasty rise to leadership had taken on him. "No," she said slowly. "You're right; it's too slow. We will need to think of something else."

He glanced at her, frowning. "But what?"

"I... I don't know." Idly, her amethyst eyes drifted down to the tray she carried as she thought. "I shall consult with Priestess Dannonae." Her voice, even to her own ears sounded weary.

Geldan opened his mouth as if to say something, then closed it again, exhaling sharply through his nose. He nodded again to her.

"In the meantime, I will continue to provide him food, and I request that no one else enter the room in my absence. Is that acceptable?" It was still important to establish a level of trust, or at least dependence, if the prisoner were to say anything to her.

"Yes. I will relay your wishes to the rest of the Hunters involved." He bowed but kept his gaze away from her face. "Be well, Allorah." And with that, he strode back to the guard at the cell, the discussion finished.

She watched him go, a heaviness coming over her. Then, taking a deep breath, she turned and started her walk back to the nearest communal kitchen to dispose of the dirty dishes and tray.

Nodding to the women at work around the small area, Allorah set the tray next to a small pile of dirty dishes waiting to be washed, then paused. On impulse, she retrieved the cloth she had attempted to clean the young prisoner's wounds with. Only the smallest smudge of blood darkened one corner, tribute to the limited success of her effort. Still, it was enough.

Enough for what? She wondered, even as she thought it, but she held the cloth tight as she exited the building and went in search of Dannonae.