The Watercolor Ch. 01

Story Info
A painting loved for over 7 decades.
2.7k words
4.48
8.3k
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/14/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a crisp autumn day and Morgan sat outside on her front porch. She sat in her old rocking chair wrapped in her favorite dark green cardigan feeling the wind blow through the porch and hitting her face softly. It was days like these that she would sit and remember an impossible dream that she once thought of all too often. She was much older now, not nearly as pretty with wrinkles on her face and long gray hair. Her children were grown and moved away, she had finally retired and her husband had passed leaving her alone with the lack of distractions. Which in turn, had lead her to reflect on her life more often that she liked to.

Morgan gently rocked back and forth, listening to the chair creek against the floorboards on the front porch with her arms crossed over her middle. The leaves on the trees that surrounded her home had changed from a beautiful forest green to warm ambers, reds, and golden yellows. The smoke from her chimney blew off over towards the mountains and it reminded her of a painting she had hanging in the foyer. It was her favorite painting. Out of the thousands of dollars worth of artwork hanging in her home, a simple, worthless painting of an autumn scene is what held the most incredible value. She had put it in one of her great-grandfathers handmade wooden frames, making it all the more special to her, and hung it in the house the first day she moved in. She thought about how she had kept it with her everywhere she went over the years. Oddly enough, it never left her sight for long. She had hung it up in her parent's house when she had to move back in after separating from her first husband. She took it and hung it up in the first apartment she moved into by herself. She even kept it hung even after her and her second husband moved in together and they had their first child.

Morgan lingered on the thought of when she finally hung it for the final time. It was one week before the birth of her second baby when they all had officially moved into their first home. She remembered how she reminisced then just as she was now. The painting had shared in every moment and was a part of every memory of her life since it was given to her. She remembered how she would draw attention to it on purpose when she entertained guests in the house. Just so she could spend a moment thinking about it and the true story of where it came from. Her husband and children never knew the truth and she was very likely to carry her lies to her grave because that was how it had to be. She could never talk about the man who painted on the piece of paper that was now her most prized possession. She could never tell them the story of the man who stole her heart and never gave it back.

His name was Christian and he was the most amazing man she had ever stumbled upon. They had met when she was in college. She had the chance to study abroad in England and from the very first sentence between the two of them she was infatuated. He was tall, about six-foot-two with bright, green eyes and brown hair. He kept his hair short but liked to grow out his sideburns. He was lanky and looked like a willow tree but to her, he was the most handsome man alive. He was sarcastic and funny. He understood her values and wanted the same things out of life as she did. He frustrated her, excited her, made her feel safe, made her feel wanted and motivated her in the best of ways. Morgan loved every single thing about him and for her, there was never any doubt that he was who she was meant to spend her life with. He touched her soul in the most beautiful ways and even to this day she could never find the right words to explain he made her feel.

Loving him had come with a price, however, as all things tend to do and she tortured herself for years with watching him love and be loved by someone else. Despite every attempt to defy her feelings she stayed and settled for friendship instead of living without him. In that time, they had become very close, so close in fact that after his fiancé of seven years left him it was her that he came to. She could recall that night all too well as a matter of fact, for it was Morgan that they had been fighting about. Apparently, his fiancé, Katherine, had had enough of their relationship and had accused Christian of sleeping with her, giving her enough leverage to kick him out and be done. As she rocked more readily in her chair, Morgan recalled how Christian had looked when she opened her dorm room door.

The hurt and confusion on his face were overwhelming to her. It had been pouring rain and he was soaked but it didn't help much to hide his tears. She invited him into her room, one she thankfully had to herself for the week at that time and he told her everything. After a while, they had both sat down on the bed talking as they normally do. As if nothing was wrong and nothing had interfered with their friendship. But at some point they had begun drinking, something not unusual for them and the discussions became more in depth and meaningful. She got him to laugh and smile again after, god only knows, how many hours of unpleasantness with Kat. Christian poured his heart out about everything after beer number three. Again, not something unusual. He talked about all the things he loved about Kat and all the things he hated. He talked about how crazy he thought she was because he had no idea what she was talking about.

"She's a bloody lunatic! I don't have the slightest idea of where she comes up with this stuff! You and I are just friends! You don't love me! Not like that!" He laughed out loud as he had gotten up to grab another beer from her small refrigerator.

Morgan, who had had a bit to drink herself, sat with her head bent down. The whole evening she had been fighting inside her own mind. In between listening to Chris's problems, making him laugh and offering what advice she could, she couldn't shake the desire to tell him how much he meant to her. She didn't want to hide her feelings anymore and for the first time since they met, Christian was technically a single man. She needed to tell him. She had been wanting to for a long time and this could be her only chance so, at all costs, she had to take it.

She let out a deep breath before saying,

"Actually..." she trailed off.

Christian stopped and looked back at her. She looked up at him and she could see the confusion and worry grow in his eyes as he slowly shut the refrigerator door. It was time for her to tell the truth about her feelings. She couldn't deny them now anyway.

"Actually," she swallowed, "I do love you," she admitted.

He walked and sat down on the other bed across from her and just stared at her for a long while. They were both silent for so long that Morgan began to feel lightheaded from all the anxiety.

"Why haven't you told me anything before?" he finally asked her with a voice of concern.

Morgan bit her lip and her eyes went straight down again.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

She half expected him to get up and leave. She wouldn't have blamed him if he did. He didn't need any of this right now and she just unloaded her love on him. A love he did not ask for and a love he didn't even want.

She heard him as he got up from the bed and felt the bed sink as he sat down next to her. She felt his hand touch beneath her chin and lift her head up. Once their gazes met, they looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Morgan was just about to tear herself away when Christian's lips leaned down and pressed against hers. She felt a spark run through her whole body, quickly lighting a flame that spread like wildfire to her limbs and she couldn't stop herself from pressing her lips into the kiss a bit more firmly. Christian's hands came up to cup her cheeks, holding her in place as his mouth opened for her. She parted her lips to offer his tongue an invitation and soon they danced over one another. As their mouths battled, the kiss became deeper and much more passionate. She had no idea what provoked Christian to kiss her, especially at this moment but she didn't want it to stop. Ever.

She never broke the kiss as she sat up on her knees. She knelt with her torso hovering over him and it caused his head to tilt back as they continued to kiss each other. Her hands made their way up to tangle in his hair and she felt his hands move down her sides before cupping her ass. She felt his large hands take hold of her bottom and squeeze gently before he hoisted her and spread her legs so they draped down each side of his lap. The position placed her against his already rock hard cock and she could feel it through his jeans. She felt the heat between her legs cause a pool of wetness and she knew she would dampen the front of his jeans but Morgan didn't care. Having her arms wrapped around him and to have him pressed against her sex was a dream finally realized and she wasn't about to bring it to a halt.

Unable and unwilling to stop herself she rocked her hips back and forth causing a delicious friction. She let a soft moan slip from her lips and before she could do anything else, Chris was unbuttoning her top. His hands moved frantically over her body and in that moment she felt nothing but pure joy. Despite the circumstances, she felt wanted. Desperately wanted and needed by the man she loved and had dreamed about for so long. She wanted nothing more than to satisfy his every need and make him feel loved in a way that only she could provide. So that's exactly what she did.

Once Chris undid the final button she tore the top from her shoulders and grabbed the hem of his shirt. Christian lifted his arms as she lifted the shirt from him and she quickly moved off his lap to unbutton his jeans. His hands unclasped her bra before curling around the waist of her sweatpants and panties. He stopped her and laid her back on the bed before he ripped the pants off her legs and gave them a toss. He looked down at her with lust filled eyes as he kicked off his jeans and boxers.

Morgan reached up to him as Christian leaned down to cover his body over hers. They laid naked and resumed kissing with his throbbing member pressed against her thigh. She held tight to him wanting to never let him go as the kisses deepened and as moans began to spill from her. Her body reacted naturally and she spread her legs to invite him in. She desperately wanted him and he knew it. He moved his waist between her legs and positioned himself at her quivering sex. He broke the kiss to look down at her face as he slowly slid inside her. He pushed inside her with ease, her walls putting up no resistance. She let out a gasp as he pushed to the hilt. He was bigger than she imagined and he filled her completely. Her head spun once he pulled his hips back and slowly began to thrust inside her.

Not long after a few loving gentle thrusts Morgan could tell that Christian gave up all control of himself and he let out a loud groan as he pushed past her tight walls again and again; this time faster and with more fervor. His hands roamed up and down her body before finally settling on her breasts. He pulled and pinched her nipples as he fucked her. The sensation caused Morgan's vision to go starry and her moans got louder and louder as she neared orgasm.

Christian tilted his head down to kiss along her jawline and neck then made his way down to take one of her nipples into his mouth. He rolled his tongue over the little bud as he held it between his teeth. The combination finally threw Morgan over the edge and she screamed his name as wave after wave of pleasure rattled her body. She could feel him continuing to push inside her, only intensifying her own orgasm. A few thrusts more and he finally spilled inside of her. He groaned loudly as he released his pleasure inside of her. He held himself over her for a few moments, still settled inside her, never moving. He became breathless and tired as he laid his head in the curve of her neck. Morgan tenderly kissed his cheeks and held him close before he finally rolled to his side to keep from crushing her.

Breathless, they laid on the small bed together saying nothing. Morgan watched him as he stared off into space. The unfettered happiness she felt could not be explained simply and it only made her fall deeper in love with him. She knew she had finally thrown herself down the rabbit hole and she would have gladly stayed in this wonderland so long as Christian was there. After a while, she realized that he had yet to look at her, and negative thoughts quickly bombarded her. She wondered if he regretted what they had done and if it was her he was thinking about right now.

"You okay?" she quietly asked.

Her break in the silence must have snapped him back to reality because he gave her a puzzled look before finally relaxing and smiling at her.

"I'm alright, m'dear. Just a little tired," he reassured her.

"The rain has stopped. Perhaps you should get going?"

"Would it be alright if I stayed the night with you?" he asked. "I'm too tired to go home tonight."

Her eyes widen and her heart fluttered a little.

"Yes, of course you can."

"Thank you, wonderful," he said with a smile. "Turn over for me. I want to put my arms around you."

Morgan had no idea what was happening and while she was hit with confusion, she did not question what he had asked of her. As sad as it was, a large part of her wanted this more than anything and she couldn't help herself. She shifted her body and turned towards the wall. In an instant, he had wrapped her arm around her middle and she could feel him bury his face against her shoulder blade. He gave her soft kisses on her back and while every ounce of her knew the truth that he would probably be gone by morning, she wanted to enjoy sleeping next to him even if it only meant it happened this one time. His scent and warmth enveloped her underneath the blankets and she felt her body relax. Until tonight she thought that having anything close to this would have only ever been a dream. So as she felt her eyes grow shut, knowing full well the mess she was now in, she chose not to care. In that moment, just for one night, she would have her desire fulfilled. She would be selfish and be happy with the man she wanted above all others. Morgan's hopes and wishes of a life with Christian took hold of her mind as she snuggled closer to him and she slipped into sleep with a smile on her face.