The Way of War Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers

Bobby and Bill returned two days later. In the command tent with Ted, Shaun and Tim present, he gave his report.

"We have destroyed 147 trucks and three tankers A lot of the trucks were British and Italian, some were only 30cwt's. I get the feeling they are running out of transports. We came across a tanker and three trucks parked by the side of the road. It just didn't look right. On closer examination, we noticed that the tanker wasn't sitting down on its springs, and I realised it was empty. The three trucks had rolled up part of the canvas cover. Then we saw they had three MG34's mounted in each of them. The crafty bastards were a set up for any one attacking. Well they won't be using them again."

Bobby moved to the map, "We raided from Barce to Bomba, but towards the end of our time we noticed fewer convoys coming through."

Ted nodded, "The reason for that is their using Tobruk to shorten their supply line." Ted told them about the medals and upcoming leave, "The Brigadier will be conducting the ceremony at Command Headquarters, so you have three days to get cleaned up and have your haircut."

Shaun used the spare Jeep to drive over to the hospital to see Jack, finding him eventually, sat out in the garden. He handed Jack a small bag, "There's cigarettes and a bottle of scotch in there."

Jack smiled, "Thanks Boss, I've been gasping for a cig."

Shaun smiled, opening his cigarette case and letting Jack take one. He took one himself and lit them both. He told Jack about the award ceremony and what Bobby had said about their patrol, and that Rommel was using Tobruk for his supplies.

Jack replied saying that he would be returning to the Oasis the next day, and hoped to be there to see the ceremony. When Shaun left, he was relieved to see Jack looking much better.

As Ted would be using the Ford, the four Officers used the spare Jeep to drive into Cairo. The desk boys rushed down to collect their valises from the Jeep as they drew up outside the Nile Palace. But when they went to book in at reception, they found the hotel was full and the only rooms available were doubles. They would have to share.

As Shaun signed in, the receptionist seeing his name, informed him there was a message for him and handed over an envelope.

On opening it he found a key and a short note, 'Don't book in. love S'.

Shaun grinned at Bobby, Iit's your lucky day. I'm taking the Jeep, I'll bring it back tonight." With that he grabbed his valise and rushed out of the hotel, leaving a mystified Bobby behind.

The flat looked the same except for fresh flowers in pots. He took the valise through to the bedroom and removed his jacket. Back in the lounge he poured out a vodka, adding tonic and ice to it he settled down to wait.

He was on his forth cigarette when he heard the lift, and then footsteps hurrying up the hall. The door opened and there she was, dressed in naval whites. She stopped and looked at him, her eyes bright with suppressed tears. She removed her hat and undid the bun at the back of her head, shaking her hair out, allowing it to fall free. Still looking at him she began to undo her blouse, as he undid his shirt. She reached behind her to unfasten her skirt letting it fall to the floor, leaving her in small cotton panties.

Shaun swallowed hard, his throat felt constricted as he gazed at her body. He took her in his arms kissing her hungrily, their tongues searching each other's mouths. A small groan escaped her lips as he picked her up and carried her through to the bedroom.

She looked at him as he recovered, sweat glistened on his forehead as his chest rose and fell. Her nipples felt sore from his attentions as did her thighs, but somehow that didn't matter now that she had him here. She bent over him giving him a kiss on his nose, "Hello," she whispered.

He smiled, "Hello, that was nice welcome, I take it you've missed me," he said chuckling.

She stuck her tongue out at him, "I think, going by what we just did, we both missed each other."

He nodded, pulling her over on to her back, "I'm about to miss you a lot more," he murmured.

***

She was in the kitchen making sandwiches, only a cotton dressing gown covering her nakedness.

"How is everything on the home front?" He asked her.

"Dad's been made a Commodore. It seems they are listening to him now after warning them of Rommel s plans. Also we found where the leak was coming from. The US military adviser had been using a code, the Black code to report back to his headquarters on the situation out here. He was devastated when we told him the code had been compromised by a spy in his own department. We managed to give the Axis quite a lot of misinformation before we changed the code. At the moment, we are the flavour of the month, with the Americans due to itShaun nodded, "I'm getting a gong tomorrow along with Bobby, Bill and Tim."

She smiled at him, "I know, Dad pushed it through."

"There's not much you don't know is there?" He said.

"Well I do take an interest in the Z patrol," she replied, "but for purely personal reasons."

They decided to eat at the hotel as he had to return the Jeep.

"I'm surprised you don't own a car," Shaun said as he helped her into the Jeep.

"But I do, it's a little Morris 8, unfortunately it refuses to start, the man from the garage says it's not worth repairing. Shame, because I loved that little car." Sharon replied sadly.

"I'll ask Titch to have a look at it, he's in Cairo on leave too."

Over diner with the other three Officers and their girls, they discussed the arrangements for the award ceremony the following day. It appeared that the girls would be there to see it, and attend the reception after it. Shaun arranged with Bobby that he would be at the hotel at nine so they could all go together in the Jeep.

Later in bed Sharon kissed him, "Don't make a habit of winning medals darling."

He smiled returning the kiss, "If they give me leave to see you, then it's worth winning them."

Z Patrol formed up on edge of the parade ground. Ted in front, with Shaun leading Sue patrol, followed by Bobby's then Bill's, and finally Tim's. In the centre of the parade ground they reformed into a single line, with the Officers who were to receive awards taking three paces forward.

There were other men receiving awards that day. They lined up with the Officers, a band began to play and the ceremony got underway.

Later at the reception Shaun managed to single Titch out, introducing Sharon to him. "Titch, Second Officer Silverman has a Morris 8 that the garage says can't be repaired. It won't start, could you look it over for her please?" Just then, Ted called him over to speak to the Brigadier. He left leaving Sharon in conversation with Titch.

He found Commodore Silverman with the Brigadier. "Ah, Captain Ramage, the Commodore here was saying you may be able to help in a little matter we have a problem with." Shaun looked blank.

"I'm afraid Captain Ramage has not been acquainted with what the problem is." Silverman explained to the Brigadier.

RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers
12