The Weekend Pt. 02

Story Info
Has Karen strayed?
12.2k words
4.54
67.6k
66

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/19/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Andyhm
Andyhm
2,055 Followers

All characters engaging in sexual relationships or activities are 18 years old or older.

(c)Andyhm 2015

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ <> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is the second part of a three-part story.

I placed the first part of story in the loving wives category, although it could just as easily be in Romance or Erotic novels. I thought long and hard (no pun intended) and finally decided that this and the last part will be submitted in LW category. Please let me know if you think I was wrong. But be warned I will delete non-constructive and insulting anonymous comments! If you are looking for a BTB or cuckold story I give you fair warning stop reading now you are only going to waste your time.

The whole story is over forty-three thousand words so I've split it into three parts. Unusually for me all three parts are finished and will be submitted on sequential days.

This story needs an explication. And I gave it as a foreword to the first chapter so as I know you've all read the first part I don't need to repeat it all here! This story started out as my interpretation of what a 'Get out of jail free' story should look like. I do realise it's grown and morphed into something entirely different. Me bad!!

I like to build up my stories with a fair degree of background. In this case, I really needed to explain why an entirely rational man would consider offering his wife-t- be, the opportunity to stray, if only once. And what happens when she finally decides she'd like to take him up on his offer.

This is my homage to this style of tale and I hope you enjoy it. It's full of discussion because it's my belief that regular people try to talk out their problems and not resort to excessive violence.

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~

Several emotions flitted across her face. Fear, terror, and underlying it all love. Shit she was in love with my wife, and from the casual but romantic way, Karen's hands rested on Gillian's shoulders. The way the tip of a finger caressed the side of her face. She too had feelings for the other woman.

A light bulb exploded behind my eyes. My shoulders slumped and I whispered, "Oh fuck! She wasn't going away with a man, it was you. You're her lover!"

~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~

The Weekend. Part 2

They both snapped their attention back to me, Karen's hands flying off Gillian as though her touch burnt her. She shot around the table and knelt at my side.

"Neil, it's you I love. Jilly, she...we...we used to be lovers before I met you. I...I left her for you." She stumbled over her words in her haste to say them. A tear threatened to trickle down her cheek and I wondered if it was for me or her lost love.

"I said I'll explain everything, but you've got to promise you won't discuss what I tell you, it would damage her career."

"Come on that's ridiculous, she too big a star for an old love affair to hurt her, and honestly I don't give a flying fuck about her career." And I didn't because it was fairly obvious she didn't care for me.

Karen blanched at the bitterness in my voice. She looked at Gillian, who shrugged her shoulders. Gillian stood and started fussing with the kettle and Karen settled in the chair next to mine. She held my hand and started talking.

"I met Jilly when she transferred to my school. Her parents bought the guest house on the hill near our family farm. We were both in the lower sixth form, she was beautiful, sophisticated and I fell in love with her. It took me most of a year to tell her, only to find out that she liked me as well."

"I didn't like you, I loved you," Gillian said from where she stood with her back to us. Her voice trailed away as she added with a hint of desperation, "And I still do!"

Karen looked at her and started to rise, then she tightened her grip on my hand and settled back down. I squeezed back and then gestured at Gillian who still stood with her back to us, her shoulders shaking as she silently sobbed. I began to feel like the villain in the story so I nodded my head in her direction and smiled. Karen smiled back gratefully and went and put her arms around her. Gillian relaxed and turning gave Karen a grateful smile. Her gaze hardened as her eyes flicked over me. Jesus, I can't do anything right, give the woman an inch and she wanted a mile.

A few moments later they brought the teapot and the cups over to the table and resumed their seats.

"I guess this wasn't a purely spiritual love," I said.

The pair of them looked a bit embarrassed. "It took us over a year of pussyfooting around each other before we finally got together," Karen said. "It was on my eighteenth birthday." A brief smile cracked my face over her choice of words.

Gillian poured the tea, it always amazes me how the British respond to crises by serving tea. Not that I'm complaining, I sipped mine contentedly.

Gillian continued, "For most of our last year at school we were lovers. We had to keep it a secret as my parents wouldn't and still don't accept that I prefer female partners. We were a lot more open when we got to university, she and I shared a bedsit."

I looked at Karen, "Just when did your relationship with Gillian end?"

"I told her it was over when she got back from France, that was about two weeks after we met. But emotionally I'm not sure I've ever been completely over her," she admitted.

I had to swallow the surge of anxiety her words created and asked Gillian, "I don't remember ever seeing you at University."

"I was studying drama and the arts. I was in Paris at the Sorbonne for a month's exchange when you first met. And we did meet afterward but I didn't look like this. I had mousey brown shoulder length hair and I've had a nose job." She looked at me expecting to remember her, but unfortunately, nothing came immediately to mind.

Something else clicked and I said to Karen, "This is why you hesitated when I asked you to marry me. It wasn't what you thought you hadn't experienced, but more what you knew you were going to miss."

She shook her head, "No by then I was fully committed to you. I was just scared that was all. I just agreed with your thoughts, it seemed simpler. Have you never wondered why they call me the Iron Lady at work? Don't deny you didn't know that." I smiled at her and she gave a little laugh. "It's simple, there is only ever going to be one man in my life. I've never had any feelings for any man other than you. I'm a closet lesbian with a dirty secret, I love one perfect man. All my female friends were either gay or bi. I'm more at risk from the women in my office." She gave me a half grin.

She reached out and ran the back of her finger down my cheek, "I love you, Neil, and you're the only man I ever could love."

Gillian wriggled uncomfortably in her seat and I had to ask her, "Are you with anyone at the moment?" I hoped there was, as then I wouldn't feel as guilty. No such luck.

Her response was sharp and bitter, "You mean since you stole her from me." She shook her head and the fight seemed to leave her. She murmured, "No, just a few random brief affairs, a few men but mostly women. I've never met anyone who comes even close to Karen."

Karen looked close to tears again. She took Gillian's hands and said softly to her, "He didn't steal me, he never knew about you. I met him and my world lurched, I fell in love with him that first night. I told you all this last week." She heard my gasp and gave me a concerned glance

My world lurched. They'd been together last week. I needed some fresh air, I made it the ten steps to the garden patio before the tears rolled down my face. They'd met up in Chicago, was it an accident or had the sales conference just been a convenient excuse and they'd planned this?

The sun warmed my face as I sat down in one of the chairs. Through the open patio doors, I could hear them arguing. I'm not sure how long I sat there trying to regain my composure, but it was probably only a couple of minutes. Taking a deep breath, I stood and joined them in the kitchen.

"I have to know, did you actually go to the sales conference, or was it just an excuse to hook up?" I said as I sat down.

Karen looked horrified at my question, "I went for the conference, meeting Jilly was an accident. She was staying in a suite at the same hotel. I was going to dinner and she was in the lift. I don't know who was more surprised, her or me."

That didn't sit right, a mega star staying in a conference hotel and riding the lift on her own. "Is that how it happened?" I asked Gillian.

"Yes," she said defiantly, her hands clasped in her lap.

I sensed that there was more to this than Gillian was admitting to. We waited for her to continue.

Nothing, so I pushed her, "That sounds just a bit too convenient. Same hotel, same lift, you all on your own."

After a long pause, Gillian said to Karen, "I knew you would be there and I made sure we would bump into each other. I needed to see you."

"So everything you told me was a lie?"

"No, everything I said was true, I just engineered our meeting that's all."

I looked at Karen as she stared at her ex-lover or was she still an ex anymore? "Have you already used your free pass?"

She gasped and turned her attention back to me. "No, we cuddled and kissed that's all, nothing really sexual. Mostly we talked."

"So in that case, what's this weekend all about then?"

Karen hesitated and after a few moments, Gillian said, "It's my problem so I'll answer that."

Gillian said, "She didn't do anything wrong. I sought Karen out for a reason. I had a bit of a meltdown last year, well more than a bit if I'm honest and I've been having therapy ever since. My therapist says that most of my issues stem from hiding my sexuality and never getting closure from my time with Karen. I returned from Paris and she'd already moved out of our bedsit and into the room in the flat. She'd moved on, but I never could. I ended up moving to the States to finish my last year. I joined a drama society and well you know what happened after that."

"I want to get on with my life," she continued. "My therapist felt I needed to ask her to spend one last weekend with me. To go back to where we were in our relationship and have that final time I was denied."

There was something in the way she said that that didn't sit quite right. Everything was just too pat.

Karen said softly, "I promised her a long time ago that if she were ever to really needed me or she was in trouble, I'd be there for her. Neil, I spoke to her therapist and she confirmed all that Jilly told me. She wanted me to stay in the States with her last weekend, but I refused. I had to talk to you first."

"And I just fucked it all up didn't I," I said. "Mind you if you'd told me what this was all about I might not have lost the plot in the way I did. You should have talked to me."

"How could I say I was into women when you first met me and I wanted to go away for a weekend with my ex-girlfriend. I just hoped you'd trust me enough to let me go."

I swallowed hard and praying to all the Gods that I wasn't going to regret what I was about to say. "I do trust you love, but I'd rather you didn't go away. This is your home. If this is what you really want to do, then...then I'll find somewhere to stay for the weekend and you two can stay here. It'll be a lot more private." I guessed that the pub in Upton was about to get some repeat business from me. And I hoped that them being surrounded by all the reminders of our happy marriage would reduce the risk that I'd lose her to Gillian.

Karen dragged Gillian out of the kitchen and into the lounge. There was a flurry of words, most too indistinct for me to make out. At one point, Karen's voice was raised and I heard, "I'm not......make.....husband....our home.....feel more......love him." Before her voice dropped away.

I had been trying to remember Gillian before she was transformed into the beautiful woman that she was now. I had a vague recollection of a cute, quiet girl, who been on the periphery for a brief period after I'd first Karen. Was that her? I couldn't be sure.

As I waited, something shifted in me. The more I thought about it, there was just too much about this that I felt uncomfortable about. I was sure there was so much more to this than Gillian was admitting to. My contemplations were interrupted as the voices from the lounge rose and then finally tailed off. Moments later they returned holding hands. My hackles rose.

Karen walked over to me and sat on my lap. "You are my one and only love. I can only do this if you give me your blessing. This is gaining closure for both Jilly and me. I hadn't realised that I also needed to draw a line under that part of my life until I spoke with her therapist."

I said, "I'm not sure anymore. I always assumed that if you ever decided to use your free pass, it would be the desire to try something different, maybe even something exotic. Not this, not to rekindle a lost love. Neither option would have made me happy. But this, this wasn't what it was for. It scares me, I think this could destroy our marriage. I don't want to lose you."

"You need to trust me, love, I'll never leave you," she said. I stroked her hair and then looked away.

She swallowed and then said hesitantly. "Neil, Gillian's going to go back to London tonight and I said I'll join her tomorrow. I promise I'll be back Sunday evening."

I stiffened, it was happening I was losing her.

"No, I'm sorry, if you go, then I won't be here when you get back. I can't stay here on my own, it'll hurt too much. I'll find somewhere to stay and decide what I'm going to do with my life."

She whimpered, but I carried on. "You know that this wasn't what I meant the free pass for. This is cold and calculated and I'm sorry, but I feel manipulated. You have a choice love, make it wisely." I eased her off my lap and stood up. The colour left her face and she sat down quickly.

Gillian was in my face immediately. "You bastard, she loves you. You have everything I've ever wanted and you can't give her just this one little thing."

I pointed a finger at her, "Be honest bitch, this isn't one little thing, nor is it one weekend. It's not a case of me giving her one little thing, it's you taking her away from me. This is you wanting to rekindle her feelings for you."

"No that's not true," Karen gasped.

"Christ, Karen think about it. Was last week really as innocent as she wants you to believe? She was stalking you for fucks sake. She has her therapist conveniently on tap. I know you feel strongly that you have a responsibility to help Gillian. I feel just as strongly if you go away with her this weekend that her goal isn't to heal herself but to steal you away from me. She's admitted she still loves you and I can't see how one weekend is going to resolve that."

"Neil I know and trust her, that's not the Jilly I know."

"I don't."

"Don't what?"

"Know or trust her," I said bitterly.

"You don't need to believe me," Gillian said sharply. "Only she does. She knows I'm telling the truth."

We'd apparently come to an impasse. Karen looked back and forth between Gillian and me, but neither of us seemed willing to compromise.

"In the end, it's your decision love," I finally said, and I started fighting in earnest for my marriage. "You know what I think. I understand that you want a resolution to all of this. But I know I can't compete with everything she can offer you." I gestured at myself and around us. "In my case you get what you see."

"And I love what I see," she murmured.

"I'm offering you a compromise, you can have your weekend, but it has to be here. I need to know where you will be."

Karen looked pleadingly at Gillian, "I'd be just as happy here, please Jilly it's a fair compromise."

"No, it won't work. Dr Stein thinks it needs to be somewhere I'm comfortable."

"This is my home, what could be more comfortable than here."

"Is a hotel in London where you are comfortable?" I added. I assumed that Dr Stein was her therapist.

"I don't intend for us to stay at my hotel. I have a villa in the south of France, my bolt hole. We are going to fly there Friday night. We are just going to meet at the Dorchester."

"Oh fucking fantastic, and just when were you going to tell me this Karen. When you were on the plane?"

"I didn't know, please, believe me, I didn't know. I thought we were going to her hotel. When were you going to tell me," she asked her friend.

"I didn't think you would mind where we went for the weekend."

"And you wonder why I don't trust her," I said in exasperation. "Karen it's decision time. In the last twenty-four hours, you've turned my life upside down. You have a past life that you've kept secret from me for over eleven years, and because she comes back into your life with a sob story, you've agreed to spend the weekend with her. This farce ends now, you need to make a decision. Me or her!"

Turning to Gillian, I said, "Gillian, you need to go, you're no longer welcome in my home."

I stood up and walked over to the counter, I was thirsty and I seriously needed a drink. I got a glass

Gillian reached out to Karen, who was trying to follow me. "Come with me, please babe, you know I need you. My life's not complete without you."

Karen shied away from her and looked at me with a scared expression.

"I agreed to the weekend because you and your therapist convinced me it would help you," she said.

"I felt I owed it to you for the abrupt way our relationship ended, and yes I still have some feelings for you. But I won't put you before my marriage. Let's be honest we were drifting apart before you went to Paris and you proved that when you slept with that tart. I never planned to meet Neil, but falling into his arms that night was the best thing that ever happened to me."

Gillian began to sound desperate. "Please love, let me back into your life." She held her hands out to Karen. "I know I made mistakes but I've never been able to get you out of my mind, and I've tried. Honestly, I've tried so many times."

Karen looked from her to me and I could see she wanted to comfort her.

"What do you really want from us Gillian," I asked.

She looked at me pitifully, and for the first time that day her words rang true. "I want what you two have, the trust, and the love. Do you want to know how many times I've watched you, so many times secretly hiding in the shadows, wishing I was part of your love. I've imagined being with both of you."

If I didn't find out what this was really all about I knew, I was going to regret it. I needed to know what if anything was Karen's involvement. I couldn't afford to jump to conclusions. My stomach grumbled reminding me I hadn't eaten since breakfast at the pub and it was getting late.

Reluctantly I said, "Sit back down Gillian."

She gave me a grateful look and sat down again, and I could sense Karen relax a little.

"I don't know about you two, but I'm hungry so it's either the village pub or we order in. Personally, I could murder a pint. I guess that there's a lot more to this than the pair of you are admitting to. And I'd like to get to the bottom of it."

Gillian said, "It might be better if we stay in, the paparazzi have been trying to find me since I rather publicly split up from my latest boyfriend."

"Christ, what else haven't you told us? Is this you trying to replace him with Karen?" I asked.

"No, that's not what its all about. He was just a fling that got a bit out of hand."

I wasn't convinced.

"Are you worried to be seen with us?" Karen asked.

"No but my life's a bit of a mess at the moment and I'd rather not drag you into it."

Karen laughed, "I don't think we are that worried, the locals at the pub will toss anyone causing a problem in the duck pond. The locals are rather protective."

Andyhm
Andyhm
2,055 Followers