The Whore in Saffron

Story Info
A cursed play filled with lust and depravity.
892 words
3.29
13.7k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
al_Ussa
al_Ussa
273 Followers

Dear Mr. Davis,

I hope this letter finds you well. As you requested, I've spent several fruitless nights searching through the archives in vain for the text that Mr. R. W. Chambers had mentioned. It seems that there is not a single copy surviving anywhere on the continent, unless perhaps in some well hidden private collection, to which I would obviously not have access. However, not all hope has been lost, for I found an eerily similar record concerning a play bearing the similar title, 'The Whore in Saffron.'

It seems that the content of said play is extremely similar. What survives of it is only fragmentary at best, but it is extremely interesting to note the obscenely erotic overtones to the work. Apparently the actors were actually meant to engage in intercourse on stage. While the author has not been recorded as far as I could tell, there has been at least one performance, and in Paris nonetheless. It was staged sometime before the turn of the century, no doubt scandalizing even my fellow countrymen of the era!

While the alleged dates vary, all of the archival sources claim that the single performance of the play incited days of rioting. The stage director himself went on a murderous rampage, killing several of the actors on stage before finally disemboweling himself! Normally I would be tempted to write this off as a bit of 19th century sensationalism, the fact remains that the play was never performed, or even advertised since.

Much to my surprise, I managed to uncover a single fragmentary scrap of 'The Whore in Saffron' in the Bibliothèque Nationale. It may be the only concrete proof that the play ever existed in the first place. Whatever sinister force has been destroying it mercifully managed to miss it. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a photocopied page of the scrap. While it seems to be fairly mundane stage directions, the highly charged erotic content alone should be of interest to you.

*****

*The Whore in Saffron enters from stage left, clad in flowing silk garments. She is accompanied by her entourage, which includes several naked women, clad only in jewelry and with their faces and bodies heavily painted with make-up*

The Count: "Now the hour hath arrived, and the Great Whore is here!"

The Bishop: "Yes, she has come to judge our sins!"

The Yeoman: "No you fool, she comes to indulge our sins!"

*The Whore approaches the Yeoman, spreading open her robes to reveal her naked body. She makes no sound, merely approaching the Yeoman and pressing her naked body against him*

The Bishop: "Verily, she has chosen you! See how she clings to you like a pox!"

The Yeoman: "No! It is not true! It cannot be true!"

The Count: "But it is true my friend, the Whore in Saffron has taken you and sealed your fate! You are doomed, as are we all!"

*The Whore in Saffron kneels down, pulling down the Yeoman's garments as she does so. Once he is naked, she pulls out his penis and begins to stroke it. Her entourage circles her, calling out her name. She then begins to suck on his penis as it grows erect.*

The Bishop: "You see how she takes your manhood into her mouth? Just as she will swallow your seed, so too shall she swallow your very soul!"

The Count: "It is true, but for those of us whose soul has already been forfeit, what greater harm should we fear? No, I think I shall go and join our wayward companion!"

*The Count now crosses the stage, going over to The Whore in Saffron and pulling aside her yellow silken robes. He spreads her legs and positions himself so that he too can penetrated her while she continues to fellatio the Yeoman.*

The Bishop: "Fool! You have Damned yourself! You have Damned us all!"

The Count:: "No, I believe we were already Damned!"

The Bishop: "But must you enjoy it so?"

*As the Count puts his hands around The Whore in Saffron's breasts, her follows now move across the stage and begin to circle the Bishop.*

The Bishop: "What manner of foul harpies are you? Begone from my presence creatures!"

The Whore in Saffron: "It is time now to Feast upon all the pleasures of flesh and sin!"

*Her entourage kills the Bishop, tearing him apart with their bare hands and consuming his raw flesh, save for his still beating heart, which is presented to the Whore in Saffron, along with his genitals.*

*****

For the life of me, I cannot tell whether the instructions seriously call for a human being to be murdered, torn apart and then consumed on stage, but given this play's rather sinister reputation it seems that it may be possible. I'm afraid that the text is fragmentary after that point. While it may not seem exciting, I must confess that there is a strange beauty to the cold savagery of the play. Whatever supernatural force is involved must no doubt be potent.

I shall, of course, continue in my endeavors to find any surviving copy of this play, along with further news paper clippings confirming the rioting that ensued following it's first public production. Nonetheless, I hope that this package finds you well and warm this Winter.

Your faithful servant,

M.J.

al_Ussa
al_Ussa
273 Followers