The Winter of Temptation Ch. 07

Story Info
There's no place like home.
7.4k words
4.53
22.3k
23

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/06/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they we're heading out the door she turned to Calvin. "Thanks for dinner. But I'm going to my apartment."

He looked as if he wanted to say something but instead he nodded and leaned in for a kiss, yet Samantha turned and it landed on her cheek. He pulled back and looked at her surprised. She didn't give him an explanation. Instead she told him that she would call him later, and turned to Caroline for a ride.

They went to her car and Annabel hopped in also, leaving her car with Andy. When both Caroline and Samantha looked at her questionably, she only smiled and said. "I'm not going to miss this shit." Caroline laughed and cranked up the car. The trio made it to the apartment in record time, and Samantha hurriedly changed her clothes. Just in case Kristie wanted to get ratchet again she would be ready. She walked into the kitchen to get an ice pack before going back into the living room, both Caroline and Annabel was on the couch talking about the scene that had taken place.

"Did you see how my girl did that damn WWE Slam? I thought that bitch was broken in half for a second." Caroline picked.

"Nah did you see that damn hit to the face. Ole girl mouth was busted open." Annabel replied.

When Samantha walked around the couch to sit on the coffee table they grinned at her. "What?"

Caroline shook her head. "Girl I didn't know you packed a punch like that. I mean damn."

Samantha shook her head. "I'm not a fighter. I think it's absurd." She adjusted the ice pack over her knuckles. Kristie had some hard as teeth. "But when she hit me I lost it. I shouldn't have been there at all. The whole damn campus is going to label me, and think that I fight over men."

"We know who you are Sam. WE know you're not a fighter, and wouldnever fight over a man. That's all that matters." Samantha looked at Annabel. "Besides no one is going to fault you for sticking up for yourself. Especially when Kristie was the obvious aggressor."

"Thank you for that bell."

"An honey, you were there because even though you're upset with Ian right now. You were there to support him."

"Carol, please not now."

"All I'm saying is that your feelings for him are so obvious Samantha. Really there isn't even a reason for you to try to run from it any longer." She crossed her legs and arms. "As far as Calvin goes." She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes.

Samantha was stunned. "What is it? You don't like him?"

"It's nothing."

Samantha gazed at Caroline confused. "Carol if you got something to say just say it"

Caroline huffed. "Sam, it just felt as if he was trying too hard. The way he was pawing at you!" Caroline looked at her incredulous. "I mean come on! Ya'll had to have known that Ian was watching. To me that was low."

Samantha looked between her and Annabel. Annabel just sat back and listened. She didn't offer any input so Samantha turned her attention back to Caroline.

"You said that he was a great guy, a 'gentleman,' well to me, he appeared anything but.

Samantha was about to reply when the front door was thrown open. Samantha's eyes immediately connected with those of Kristie. She wasn't alone. As she walked in a tall brunette walked in behind her. Nothing was said, she passed by glaring at Samantha evilly. Samantha stood with her hands on her hips and watched her closely.

When they disappeared down the hall, Samantha followed. She stood right at the door and leaned against it. She watched closely as Kristie slung her things in suit cases and duffle bag. Whenever she got to her furniture, she paused and put her hands on her slender hips. Her soft oval face showed nothing but hatred.

"Whatever you can't take with you will be shipped to where you stay."

Kristie snatched her bags up and walked close to the door. "Can we get pass? You're blocking the fucking door."

Samantha moved closer to her quickly. Kristie flinched back, but tried to recover by placing her hands on her hips. Samantha felt a smile coming, but she hide it. Silently she moved to the side and allowed her to exit. Kristie turned at the door with a sneer. "This is not over."

After a moment she heard the front door slam close.

"Well that went well."

**

Sunday came and went and before he knew it Monday was already here. Within a few hours they were going to be on the road, and on the way home. He felt both excitement and fear. Both his family and hers were bound to notice the tension between them. It wanted to talk to her so bad. Yet she never returned his calls, or replied to his messages. So he was hoping that when he saw her tomorrow, she would be more open to talk to him. Until then he busied himself with packing. After an hour or so. He had everything packed up and ready to go sitting neatly near the door to his room.

He sat down at his desk to ponder over ways to get Samantha to talk to him. After much thought, he finally figured out a way for her to at least listen to his words. Though it was a bit childish and a bit of a long shot, it was worth a try. He literally had nothing to lose. Without her in his life already was a living nightmare. Pulling out a sheet of paper, he collected his thoughts and prepared to put his feelings into words on paper.

Siri,

Please don't be angry with Caroline. But I had to find a way for you to hear me out. I can't begin to describe how hard it's been on me to not be around you. But I've dealt with it because it's what you want. And Samantha I want you to know that I will do anything for you. No matter what it is, I would do it. For you. It's taking me a long time to realize just how selfish of a person I was. More towards you than anyone else. I'm so sorry for the way I've acted. It was a fucked up way to treat someone you love. I've learned from my mistakes. Since we are going home today, I was hoping that we could work on getting back to our friendship. It would be the perfect time, to get back to how things used to be. Please just consider this Samantha. I will give you space, or anything else that you require. If you are reading this, know that I love you. That will never change.

Curly

He felt foolish for resorting to writing letters as if they were in middle school. But that wouldn't stop him from giving it to Caroline, so she could pass it on to Samantha. Hopefully over the course of the long drive she will think things through and allow him the opportunity to ease his way back into her heart. Pulling out his phone. He dialed Caroline.

"Hello."

"Hey Caroline its Ian.

There was a pause over the line.

"I know that I am the last person you want to talk to. But I wanted to ask for a favor." He stated. After a lengthy silence.

"Ian never put words in my mouth. I never said I didn't want to talk to you, cause if I didn't you would know it." She paused for an effect. "What kind of favor do you need?" She asked curiously.

Ian hesitated for a second before he pushed forward. "I'm trying to get Samantha to open up towards me. I've tried to get her to talk to me, but it hasn't been working..."

"So, you want me to use my position as one of her best friends to persuade her too." Caroline cut in.

Ian was silent with guilt. "I wrote a letter. If you could give it to her I would really appreciate it."

He waited for the joke that was sure to come, from his admission. However Caroline shocked him.

"Okay."

"You'll do it?" he questioned.

Caroline let out a deep sigh. "Ian I said I will give it to her. But let me tell you this. I'm not going to feed her any bullshit. I won't boost you up, just so she will believe that you've got your shit together."

"Because I know you still have your issues. Samantha has a few of her own. So my point is that I love Samantha and I want her to be happy. Don' screw this up. If you do, then you don't deserve her and you're on your own."

"I understand."

"Alright, just give it to me tomorrow and I'll get it to her." She hung up.

Ian smiled smugly. The odds were more in his favor than he realized. He thought that Caroline hated him, just as much as Samantha did. Well since she was on his team instead of Calvin, he decided he wouldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Night came and went. Ian found himself waking up eagerly. Rushing to his bathroom he hurriedly showered. He then brushed his perfectly even white teeth, and trimmed the light blonde stubble adoring his strong jaw. Afterwards he tried to tame his thick unruly curls. They'd grown longer since the beginning of the month. The once vivid cobalt blue streaks, were now fading into a cotton candy blue. Now falling almost to his chin. After trying numerous times, he was unsuccessful with getting all of the tangles out, so he chose to don his navy blue beany. To match his grey/ with blue sleeves raglan shirt. Paired with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, that weren't too tight, but formed to his long limbs perfectly. Lastly he chose to wear his matching navy blue/grey vans.

He assessed himself once more. A bit self-conscious about what Samantha might think about his attire. The entire goal, was for her to take notice and acknowledge the attraction between them. He checked for any lint, then threw on his silver chain he always wore around his neck, along with his Rolex and leather wrist band. Spraying a bit of cologne at the base of his throat, he then shut off everything and walked into his bedroom. A knocked sounded at his door, he knew it was mike.

"Come on in."

Michael walked in dressed in a causal pair of jeans, a thick hoodie with a thick black hoodless jacket, and a pair of thick sole boots.

"You ready, bro?"

Ian nodded, throwing a few last minute items into his small backpack.

"Cool, I loaded my things in the car already." He checked his watch. "We're meeting the girls at Samantha's right?"

"Yeah." Ian replied putting on his heavy ash grey cardigan.

"Do you need help carrying your stuff downstairs?" Michael asked. Ian had a medium sized suit case bulging with clothes. On the bed was a large duffle bag. "Do you plan on moving back home?" he joked.

"Har har. You're so funny. Let's get going jackass." Ian smoothly slipped the letter for Samantha in to his back pocket. A wave of anxiousness passed throughout his stomach. He couldn't wait to see his sunshine.

***

Samantha sipped on her warm mug of coffee contently as she watched re-runs of Bones. The sight of Seely booth early in the am, was a perfect way to start the day off right. Caroline was in the next room, getting ready for the day ahead. The night before, she had arrived with her luggage and spent the night. Her bags sat at the door alongside her own. Already prepared and ready to hit the road once the guys arrived. Hopefully they would be on the road before 8. Her focus was centered directly at the interesting drama before her, when Caroline finally walked in dressed in a white volcom stone jacket, with fur around the hood; her attention was drawn to her bright red skinnies.

"You look cute Miss Thang."

Caroline grinned and fluffed out the back of her short bob as she posed. "Thanks, babe." She flopped her ample behind down on the couch beside Samantha. "Speaking of looking cute, look at you! Girl you're glowing."

Samantha looked down at her long black sweater that touched mid-thigh; her legs were clad in fairisle patterned knit tights, matched with a pair of jet black boots. Shaking her head she turned her attention back towards the television.

"Don't try to ignore me, Sam." Caroline playfully grabbed for Samantha and wrapped her arms around her neck. She kissed her cheek, as Samantha giggled.

"Uh-uh, Carol!" She giggled again. And finally got out of Caroline's hold. She wiped the moist spot from Caroline's kisses off her cheek.

Caroline stuck her tongue out at her. Samantha grimaced and turned away, as a knock sounded at the door. She unfolded her legs from the couch and walked to the door. Standing on tippy toes she peeked out the peephole before she unlatched the lock. Opening the door to two living, breathing, Adonis. Taking up her entire front entrance.

"Morning Sam. Come here let me look you over." Michael grabbed her and hugged her. He pulled back and made a big fuss with checking her over for bruises.

"I'm okay Mike." Samantha pulled away with laughter in her voice.

Michael reached for her once again, and Samantha playfully jerked away and bumped in to Ian's solid chest.

"Oh sorry." She quickly apologized and stepped away but not before feeling his strong hand caress her arm sensually.

Samantha didn't want to dwell on how amazing it had felt to feel him so close. It surprised and scared the hell out of her; all at once.

"Well we should get your things to the car."

Samantha awkwardly fiddled with her hands. "Would you like something to drink? Or eat?" she offered both men not wanting to be rude.

"Sure." Michael answered for them both.

"Alright well, I made toast, bacon, and sausage. There's still coffee in the pot also."

They smiled gratefully and walked into the kitchen followed by Caroline. As everyone walked away, Samantha quickly wiped at her forehead with clammy hands. Grateful that no one had seem to notice her state of unease. Walking throughout the living room she made sure everything was in place and turned off. Ending in her bedroom she put on her favorite pea coat; a gift from her mother last Christmas. After that she re-brushed her teeth and freshened up her lip-gloss, for reasons unknown. Though she hated it; she couldn't deny the sexual awareness that buzzed through her body.

Ian looked so good. I love when he wears that hipster skaterboi loo─.Samantha stopped the thought as soon as she realized what she was thinking.

Putting her hands up, she ran it through her impeccable blow out and tousled the strands in a hazard disarray. "Ughh... How am I going to get through this trip in one piece of mind?" She asked herself.

After almost 5 minutes she went to the kitchen to see what they were doing. There she found a pleasurable sight. All of her friends were chowing down on her food, and laughing as Ian spit dumb jokes.

"Why did Eve bite the forbidden apple?"

"Why?" Caroline cracked; tears came from her eyes, as she laughed.

Ian chuckled and then sobered. "Because it tasted better than Adams banana."

Everyone burst with laughter. Surprisingly any unease Samantha once felt suddenly disappeared, at the sound of his laughter. She locked eyes with him, and found herself offering a genuine smile, his way. Ian smiled back and felt like doing a gitty two step.

"Why are men like coffee?" Caroline blurted.

Both women began to laugh, as the guys shrugged their shoulders with an amused/confused look.

"The best ones are rich, hot, and can keep you up all night!" Both women stated in unison. They eyed each other and laugh openly. Michael, and Ian chuckled and shook their heads.

"Women." They stated.

Everyone laughed at the way they continued to say things as one. The mood was airy and charged with happiness. After finishing their simple meal, Samantha gathered all the plates and quickly washed them. Afterwards they each stood at the door.

"Did you get the locks changed?" Ian asked suddenly.

Surprised Samantha answered with a nod of her head. Somehow with that question a bit of the previous tension eased it's was back into her body. The memory of the party, the fight, the anger; it centered on him.

"That's good to hear. Had to make sure that your place was locked up safely."

Samantha warmed a little. "Thanks for the concern. I asked Mrs. Caitlyn next door to watch my apartment. "

The exited her apartment and headed towards the elevators. Once at the car, Michael loaded her things inside of his brand new Jeep wrangler. Samantha felt all too happy to jump into the front passenger seat and inspect the beautiful interior.

So much better than my old beat up Camry.She thought.

While she was inside of the truck Ian stood beside Caroline at his Camaro.

"I got her to smile at me finally. Did you see her?" He asked her. Excitement alive in his voice.

Caroline smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah I saw her. You of all people should know that she can't hold a grudge against someone she loves."

Ian shrugged. "It's hard to think of such things when you're experiencing it firsthand."

"True. So you got the letter?"

"Yeah." He reached into his back pocket and slipped the slip of paper into her hands."

Caroline glanced down at her hand and looked back up at him. "Do you want me to give it to her now? Or when we stop?"

Ian looked at her puzzled.

"I'm riding with you aren't I?" She pointed out.

Realization dawned on him. "OH." He glanced over her shoulder to see Michael loading the jeep with the last suit case. "Mike?"

At the calling of his name Michael's head peaked around the car at him. Ian waved him over. Closing the truck Michael strolled over to them.

"What's up?"

"Do you mind if Samantha drives the jeep?"

Michael appeared shocked. "Why, I thought she was going to ride with me while you had Caroline over here."

"Dude I need for Caroline to be with Samantha." Ian stated frantically.

Michael was silent for a moment. "Alright."

Then he turned and walked back to the jeep.

Ian got inside of his car and cranked up the heat, and stereo. Waiting for Michael to come back.

At the Jeep Michael opened the door to the passenger side and tossed Samantha the keys. At her puzzled expression he explained how she would drive halfway and then switch with Caroline.

"Okay." She slipped out and walked to the other side.

She buckled up and started the car. Flipping through the radio stations to occupy her mind.

Why the hell would he slip notes to Caroline?She wondered. Her heart felt as if it was being crumbled up in to pieces.

Caroline waltz over to the jeep with a smile on her face.

"Ready?" She asked enthusiastically.

Samantha nodded silently.Not Caroline too.

Pulling off she focused on the road. No longer thinking of anything but their destination. She refused to look back.

***

After almost 5 hours of nothing but driving Samantha pulled over at a rest stop she spotted off the side of the high way. When the car stopped, Carolina woke up from her nap with a stretch. Samantha glanced at her before she opened the door and silently got out. Out of her peripheral she noticed Ian and Michael getting out of the car also. She continued to the restrooms. After finishing up she walked back to the car, Caroline had switched sides. Now behind the wheel, she munched on a bag of chips lazily.

"Want some?" She asked.

Samantha cut her eyes at Caroline. "No." She stated curtly.

Caroline ceased her crunching and looked at Samantha questionably.

"What is your problem?

Samantha looked out of the passenger window. She didn't want to get into this with her but she desperately had to know. "Are you and Ian seeing each other?"

"Wh-what? Carolina said utterly shocked.

"Are you and Ian seeing each other? I saw him give you a letter."

To Samantha's dismay, Caroline began to laugh openly and loud. Her anger mounted and she found herself about to unleash a tyrant of un-lady like words. "Excuse me if I don't find shit funny about, my best friend fucking the guy I-"

Caroline's laughter died, and she grimaced at Samantha. "The fact that you could even think of me doing something like that proves to me that you don't trust me." She shook her head sadly. "That hurt's Samantha. How you could ever think of me like that is just crazy. I would never do you like that. You're like a sister to me..." Her voice died off. Carolina's normally jovial, loud, carefree personality now appeared anything but.

Reaching into the backseat, Carolina brought her purse into her lap. Reaching inside she pulled out an envelope. When she held it out towards her Samantha couldn't help but see her name scribbled out in beautiful elegant writing. The writing was unmistakably Ian's. In that instant Samantha realized her mistake. She turned to Caroline, but she was already exiting the car again. Samantha grabbed for the door and tried to follow as Caroline headed towards the bathrooms.