The Witch, The Wizard, & the Dragon Ch. 01

Story Info
A story about Magic and a hidden love between two friends.
1.3k words
3.98
5.8k
2

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/07/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everyone, if you've gotten this far then some part of my story has intrigued you. Please feel free to comment, or favorite if you enjoy my writing. I will post each chapter as it's own story as to prevent confusion and the more comments i get on my stories the more I'll write. But enough chit-chat, Here is the first chapter.

Chapter 1:

Jace sat up quickly and looked around; it had been a dream. Sighing he felt relieved and rubbed the back of his neck. He was always sore after he had a nightmare. It was like the dream sucked all the energy out of his body. "Damnit, not again," He said with a slight sad tone to his voice. He shook his head quickly, making his long brown hair shake around him. Falling back down to his shoulders like silk strands where it settles again.

Jace was a relatively tall guy, standing at five feet, eleven inches. He had dark brown eyes which were almost glossy; "Bedroom eyes" as his mother had once said. His usual attire was a pair of dark blue denim jeans, black socks that go just past his ankles, black runners with blue laces, a black shirt with the words "Believe in yourself, should everyone else forget," printed on it, and a long black leather coat that goes halfway down his thighs. He has a slight limp to his walk now from an accident a few years back.

Before Jace could even wake up he was greeted by a tackle backwards onto the bed. He was being Laid upon. Opening his eyes he was staring into the beautiful blue-green eyes of his best friend, Star. Star was shorter than Jace by quite a bit. She stood at five feet, two inches and was a little bigger around the stomach area, but he didn't mind. In fact, it was just the opposite: He loved how she looked. He'd always had a thing for shorter, chubbier girls. Maybe that was because of Star, he didn't know. She had long dirty blonde hair, which she dyed a lot. Her hair flowed down to her butt like long strands of a spider's web. It got tangled just as much which made him laugh sometimes because he had to comb her hair to get the knots out whenever it happened. She usually wore light blue, or dark blue denim skinny jeans, depending on her mood. She wore ankle socks and purple skate shoes with pink laces. Her shirt was usually a type of cotton and mostly black, purple, or green. Her coat was denim and a dark purple, going down to just below her waist.

Star smiled down at him as cheerfully as ever and said, "Morning Jace, sleep well?"

Jace just shrugged at her question. "It could have been better, that's for sure," he said with a slight frown.

She wasn't told what his nightmares were about, but she always worried about him. Hugging him tightly she knew he had a nightmare again. "Was it the same one as always?" she asked sadly.

Jace nodded in response then said quietly "It's alright though, it's just a dream, right?"

She nodded her head then kissed him on the cheek, causing him to blush slightly and smile. "Now, let's get you dressed and ready for another day at the academy." She said with her usual cheery tone and a forced happy smile, he could tell it was for him so he didn't say anything and just complied.

Once dressed they went to the Academy cafeteria to get some breakfast. Jace got the usual, a few eggs and some bacon with an orange juice. Star got an apple juice, Cheese covered eggs, and some ham. They sat down across from each other at a corner table and their friends joined them soon. There was Seth, Janice, and Bella. Seth was a big guy with an ever bigger heart for only being 17. He stood at six feet and four inches tall. He usually wore lighter colored clothing and kept his blonde hair short. He could bench press a small car but wouldn't hurt a fly without reason. His specialty was Earth magic and was an expert earth magic user. He also knew how to Conjure up creatures that were able to ride on like horses or griffons, depending if he needed to fly or not.

Janice was regular sized, being five feet, five inches tall. She had shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. Her clothing was usually frilly, girly stuff. She wore dresses and skirts all the time, typical for a young 17 year old. Her specialty was Light magic. She knew how to use a bit of ice magic for show but didn't put too much work into it.

Bella was a typical "Goth" girl. She wore all dark clothing, wore dark makeup, had black hair, the works. She was 18 and her hair was kept trimmed at the length where one eye would be covered and her hair was always smooth. She stood at five feet six inches tall. Her specialty was Dark magic. She could do things with Dark magic you could only imagine. Because of that Bella doesn't know anything about any other magic except that she can heal her own wounds from the basic training everyone recieves.

"So, how is everyone today?" Janice asked in a girlish tone. Groans of disatisfaction came from Bella and Jace.

Star shot Jace a look then smiled at Janice, "I'm alright, Jace had a hard time sleeping again last night but what can you do?" Jace raised his eyebrows then made a 'Yeah..' look.

"Maybe Jace would like Bella to take a look at him again?" Asked Seth in a genuinely concerned tone.

Jace just shook his head and smiled at Seth. "Thanks Seth, but Bella and I both know that it would be pointless, it's always the same dream," he said with a slight sad look but wiped it off when he looked at Bella. "So, how was your night? Did you even sleep?"

Bella shook her head slowly, not really being one for talking unless needed. Jace knew why she was awake every night, he knew the visions she got because of her dark magic. He had talked to her about it before but she just told him that she would be alright and thanked him for his concern.

"Maybe today will cheer everyone up?" Janice said brightly, trying to lighten the mood. "It's festival day today!" Everyone at the table looked to Janice and she beamed back. "They are changing a few of the rules this time, instead of only being in partners of two, they said we can go in groups of four, or five!"

Jace looked at Bella and smiled. "You know, you better be coming this time, it's been 10 years since we all came to the Academy. You haven't joined us once."

"Yeah, come on Bella, it will be good to loosen up and not be all serious and alone one day." Star added in her usual upbeat tone.

Bella just looked at star then around the table then her gaze fell on Jace. Jace was looking at her with a smile and she knew he would be disappointed if she didn't go. She had a secret crush on him but no one else knew about it because she was so secretive. Finally after a few seconds of her being silent she sighed and said quietly. "Oh alright.. but don't expect me to go on very many rides." Jace smiled bigger and the rest of the table just beamed.

"Then it's settled, after classes we will meet here then we will all go to the festival." Star said enthusiastically.

~End of Chapter 1. Tell me what you think and I'll have the next few chapters up soon.