The Witch, The Wizard, & the Dragon Ch. 04

Story Info
Jace and Bella battle Seth and Janice in the Battle grounds.
1.7k words
4.27
3.9k
1

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/07/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The fourth chapter. Sorry these are a little bit shorter than most, there will be many more chapters to come. Hopefully over 30

Chapter 4:

After signing up, Seth and Janice took their places on the platform. Jace and Bella did the same, though when Bella went onto the platform she looked a little nervous. Wether it was from the upcoming battle, or being partnered up with Jace, she didn't know.

Proffesor Tranrell, a Healing mage, stood on the platform by the stairs as he looked at the two pairs and spoke in a loud voice but not shouting. "Alright, so you know the rules already but since it's my job today I'll go over them again. You are not allowed to kill your opponents, if you do you will be expelled from the school and your magic stripped from you. If you fall from the platform, are knocked unconcious, or are down for ten seconds you are out and your partner will battle alone for the remainder of the battle. Everyone clear on the rules?" Nods came from both pairs. "Good, now I hope you have fun in this battle and don't be afraid to get roughed up, I'll heal you right up."

Jace looked from Seth to Janice and nodded to them before leaning over and saying quietly to Bella, "I'll let you take the lead since I don't know what you can do, don't worry about me out there, i'll be fine."

She looked over at him and stayed silent but it was enough of a responce for him to continue, "If you, or I, somehow gets knocked out of the ring, or unconcious let's promise to battle even harder to win this, alright?"

Bella nodded and said in a hushed tone, "Alright, I promise. Thank you for doing this with me, Jace."

Jace just smiled and looked at her. It was all he could do before Professor Tranrell rang the starting bell and Jace jumped a few feet to his right so there was some distance between him and Bella.

Janice and Seth took position about the same distance apart and got ready to start the offensive. Jace knew that they would start so he just took on a defensive stance. Bella, however, just stood there watching the others. Jace trusted she knew what she was doing so he just focused on Janice and Seth.

Star stood at the fence and leaned against it, watching the immenant battle between the two pairs, wondering how well Bella would do.

Janice surrounded herself in a light so bright that it would blind those not used to seeing Light magic used. She started condensing it into a small ball in her hands and she was focusing on Bella, letting Seth take Jace as they planned to do. Seth had already broken off some of the ground nearby and rose it above him on the platform as it shifted into the shape of a hammer. Jace smiled at Seths new control over his magic and would congradulate him later.

Jace still stayed on the defensive and Bella continued standing there watching. Janice finished consentrating the light into a ball and took the first move, shooting the light in a beam towards Bella, who continued to simply stand there. Seth followed suit and his earth hammer swung in the air towards Jace, who swung his hand in a slashing motion to create a blade-like wind that cut the hammer in two at the end of the head.

As the beam from Janice got closer, Bella held up her right hand and about a second before the beam hit an infinetly black void appeared in the center of her hand which drew the light into the hole and nullified the entire attack, leaving Janice awestruck from her beam just vanishing into the hole that appeared in Bella's hand.

Bella now took the offensive and with the same hand opened a black void behind Janice. Before Janice could turn around and fight back she was bound by chains that came out of the void. The chains moved as if they were alive but were as tight as steel.

Seth looked over at Janice and sent the two halves of his hammer towards Bella.

Jace dashed towards Bella using his Wind magic to propell him a great deal faster. When he reached her less than a second later he stuck his arms out to the side and the two halves of the hammer were forced away from Bella, tumbling through the air like they just hit a very bouncy material. Looking over at Janice, he was taken back a little but quickly got his head back into the battle, thrusting his hand towards Seth which created a force of Wind that pushed him back a few feet.

Janice struggled against the chains and seemed more scared than hurt since she was more childish at heart but she didn't give up fighting. She quickly gathered light and forced it all around her which forced the chains off of her. She ran away from the void and created five balls of light that she thew one after the other at Bella.

Seth revovered his footing and used earth to wrap around Bella, making it thin enough to bend but thick enough it will hold. He jumped to the side, just dodging another thrust of air from Jace.

Bella stayed quiet as her body was constricted and her arms were pressed to her sides, her legs tightly bound by earth.

Jace was about to cut the earth away from Bella when he noticed she shook her head, signaling she didn't need his help. He took the hint and dashed towards Janice. Putting her in a headlock when he got there he grinned and tightened it, knowing he was physically stronger than her so unless she used magic she wouldn't get away.

Bella opened another void, this time it was below her, and the void shot up blackness that completely disintegrated the earth that was binding her. She held out her hands infront of her, pointing towards Seth, and she started creating a ball of Dark magic. When it was complete she shot it at Seth, it flew through the air with such speed that it was almost as fast as lightning. It hit Seth with incredible force, knocking him into the air and sending him flying. He landed outside the ring and fell unconcious from the impact.

Janice struggled against Jace and whined. "Not fair, Jace, you know you're stronger than me!" Jace just lifted her into the air a little bit before Janice concentrated the light infront of his face enough that he let go of her to rub his eyes as he was temperarily blinded. She jumped away quickly and shot a beam of light at him which hit him and knocked him back towards the edge of the platform.

Bella saw Jace sliding towards the edge of the platform and held her hand out, creating a wall of void. When Jace slid into the void he re-appeared behind Bella and she shot a void ball at Janice.

Janice shot a light ball right back and they colided, both balls vanishing into nothing. Janice then noticed that Seth was out of the ring and looked at Bella and Jace, who was still recovering from the blinding light. She contemplated her options then she stood down and sighed. "I forfit. I lose. I told you we didn't really stand a chance."

Jace slowly stood up and his eyes fluttered as they opened, he still couldn't see quite right but he heard everything she said. "You're forfitting? Well I guess since you're fighting alone now and you and Seth couldn't take me alone it's understandable." He turned to Bella and smiled. "We won, great job Bella. I can't believe some of the things you can do with Dark magic though. It's kind of scary, to tell you the truth."

Bella looked down a little in embarassment. "Oh, well I could do more than that but I didn't want to kill them. Just like you didn't try to cut them, just the earth Seth used." A feint blush came to her cheeks again but Jace caught it this time and smiled a little.

Janice walked over to them and smiled a little. "Great battle you two. No joke, I think you two are un-beatable. If you two were in a real battle there's no way you'd lose!" She finished with her cheery tone again.

Jace looked over to where Seth had fallen off then he glanced over at the Professor who had already retrieved Seth and was healing him. "Ah, well I'm glad Seth's getting fixed up, that looked like it hurt. Getting shot that far and fast from a, what would you even call that, Darkness ball?" He chuckled slightly.

Bella looked at the ground again, a little flustered. "Well I call it a void ball. I'm not sure exactly what it's called though," she said softly.

Janice looked from Jace to Bella then she looked over at Seth and smiled. "Hey, he's not hurt or anything from the fall, so we should go wait for him to recover conciousness. It shouldn't be long now."

Jace nodded in agreement and Bella just stood there. As Janice walked to the stairs Jace gently put his hand on Bella's back and smiled. "That was a great battle, partner. They're both fine so don't feel bad, alright?"

Bella blushed from his touch but her hood hid it and she nodded, walking a little, hoping he would walk with her with his hand on her back like it is now. She craved his touch but didn't know why and it made her even more shy when she got it. Even though it was rare when she got it.

Jace kept his hand on her back for a few seconds as he walked beisde her then he dropped his hand to his side and just walked beside her, happy she was able to battle so well and he felt more determined than ever to find out more about her.

~End of Chapter 4