The Wolves Ch. 001

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anja was finishing putting on her belts to hold all her daggers, knives and swords. She was dressed in full black leather armor, with a hood as well. She has two butterfly swords in sheaths on her lower back, a pair of stilettos in sheathes over both hips, as well as a push dagger on each thigh. Finishing it off, she had her katana on her back. She looked very much like the stereotypical assassin or ninja.

Looking over to Sonja, she was dressed very much the same way as her sister. She too, was in full black leather armor with the added hood. Her butterfly swords are sheathed on her lower back as well, but she doesn't have any push daggers, and her stilettos are both in a sheath on her left hip. She also has a katana on her back. She has all those weapons just in case she needs to engage in melee combat, but her primary weapon is a compound bow. She went with a compound bow because it is smaller than other types of bows, while still having enough strength to be able to deal damage. Smaller is important, because dungeons can get pretty tight, which makes it difficult to maneuver with a large bow. It might seem odd that she doesn't have any quivers, but that is because she stores all her arrows in her dimensional storage. As soon as she fires an arrow, a new one will appear in her hand, allowing for some ridiculous fire rates.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked, seeing Sonja was done equipping everything.

"Ben and I have been ready since we parked. We were just waiting on the slowpokes to hurry up," Mason replied with a grin.

"That's because you have a simple weapon for a simple mind, Mace," Anja shot back, with her own grin.

"Ok, let's go," I said, moving over to the waygate. I stepped on it, and with a flash of light I appeared near the dungeon. I moved off the platform and waited for my friends. With flashes of light, each of them followed one by one. Once we were all through, I led us into the building attached to the dungeon. There were fewer people around than I figured there would be, but that's probably because this is a beginner dungeon.

Once inside, we walked up to the main desk. The lady behind the desk looked up when I stopped and said, "Good morning! How can I help you?"

I saw she had a name tag and replied, "Good morning, Mrs. Murray. My friends and I are interested in exploring the dungeon. This is our first dungeon, so we need to get registered as adventurers, as well as go through our evaluations."

"I see you are well informed. If all of you can hand over your phones, we'll get started," she said.

We all did as she asked. She plugged each of our phones into slots on her desk. When she was done plugging them in, all our information appeared on her screens. After a couple of minutes, she looked back up. "You have the option of naming your team. Do you all have a name in mind?" she asked.

"We'd like to be called 'The Wolves'," I answered.

She nodded and typed some things into the computer. When she was done, she unplugged our phones and handed them back to us saying, "You're all set. Each of you is registered as an adventurer of the bronze ranked team 'The Wolves.' You'll find all your information in the Adventurer's Guild app that was installed on each of your phones. Head over to the next room for your evaluation. Good luck!"

We all thanked Mrs. Murray and went over to the evaluation room. We walked into a room that was rectangular in shape, and quite long. Spaced evenly along the walls were rooms numbered 1 through 10. There was a man sitting at a desk reading a tablet. We walked over to the desk and the man didn't notice us, so I spoke up, "Excuse me."

He jumped a bit when I started talking, and quickly put his tablet down. "Sorry about that. Was reading a very good book," he said. He looked us all over and then back to me and continued, "You guys here for an evaluation?"

"Yes sir," I replied.

"Very well. I'll open up rooms 1 through 5. Each of you walk into one of the rooms. When the door closes, plug your phone into the socket on the wall and then stand on the X on the floor. When standing on the X, say 'Initiate Evaluation' out loud, and the evaluation will begin. You can head over to a room now," he finished, as he pressed some buttons on his computer.

We thanked the man and then split up, each going into a different room with me picking room number 1. When the door closed, I plugged in my phone and moved to the X. In a clear voice, I said, "Initiate Evaluation."

Nothing happened for a couple of seconds, and then the room darkened and a computerized voice came through speakers in front of me.

"Time dilation active..."

"Initializing: Stage 1..."

"Beginning scan of Jonathan Stevens..."

Beams of light shot from everywhere, seemingly scanning me from from every angle. After a minute or so, the beams of light disappeared. A display of its findings appeared as a hologram in front of me, and it started speaking again.

"Jonathan Stevens..."

"Sex: Male..."

"Age: 18 years, 6 hours, 14 minutes, 23 seconds..."

"Race: Scyftar..."

"Height: 6'5¼..."

It took a moment for what it told me my race was to sink in. I was reading the holographic display as the voice was listing everything but I have no idea what a Scyftar is.

"Wait, what is a Scyftar, and why am I listed as being one?" I yelled to the voice.

12