The Wolves Ch. 013

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It didn't take more than an hour to go all the way through and scan everything they had, which included seals, beluga whales, bottlenose dolphins, sea lions, a walrus and an orca. It's odd for a place called MarineLand to have animals that live on land, but there were a few additional species I was able to scan. Included in those land animals were bison, brown bears, and a few different species of deer, including elk.

When we were done, we left the amusement park and my mom opened a portal to the Toronto Zoo. I hadn't been there since I was really young, and my sisters never visited it, so we decided to stay a few hours and check out all the attractions.

If you added up the size of all the enclosures, they would only equal about fifty-seven percent of one of the enclosures at the Scyftan base. Despite that, there are many more species on display. I imagine part of the reason why is because here carnivores are separated from animals they would prey upon, and are fed by humans, rather than having to hunt. The four enclosures at the Scyftan base are meant to be more self-sustaining, which means they need to be much larger. They're also populated with predators that don't breed too quickly, but are able to keep the populations of other species low enough that they don't get out of control.

The zoo is broken up into seven different sections, which represent the different geographic regions the animals are native to, Indo-Malaya, Africa, Canadian Domain, Americas, Australasia, Eurasia Wilds, and Tundra Trek. The animals I'm primarily here for are from the Canadian Domain, and Tundra Trek. Those being the Bald eagle, Arctic fox, and Polar bear.

We ended up spending four hours or so walking around the exhibits and scanning animals whenever we came across one we hadn't scanned before. Just before that first hour was up, I got the sensation that indicated Abi leveled again, meaning she was now level seventeen. In addition to scanning the animals I wanted, I was also able to scan two more that could handle very chilly weather, the Arctic wolf, and the reindeer, otherwise known as caribou.

We were almost done with the last area of the zoo when my mom received a call. I perked up a bit when she said, 'Siobhan'. I had to wait for her to get off the phone to find out what it was about, but she had a smile on her face for the entire call.

"That was Siobhan," she said once she hung up. "We may have gotten a hit on both a Precognition Skill Gem, and the whereabouts of a dragon. Let's make our way to the exit so I can open a portal back to the base. There are emitters here that prevent teleporting in or out, so we need to get clear."

We didn't run back, so it still took us around fifteen minutes to leave the zoo. As soon as she deemed we were far enough away, she opened a portal. My sisters and I went through, and she followed. Upon arriving on the other side, I saw a number of people were waiting, including Siobhan, Omar and Yuki.

"So what's going on, Siobhan?" my mom asked.

"We received a call about roughly thirty minutes ago. The woman on the other end claimed she is a dragon and has a Precognition Skill Gem in her possession. She said she won't accept credits for the gem, but would take the equivalent of five million credits in additional gold. That ends up being four hundred ten pounds of gold to meet, and acquire the gem from her."

"Did she give a location and time to meet?"

Siobhan nodded. "She gave a timetable of 1 hour after her call with the meeting place being the island of Lehua, which is a tiny island just north of Ni'ihau, the western most island in Hawaii. It took fifteen minutes to get to me, and another fifteen minutes for you to make it back here. That gives you under thirty minutes to get you there. Luckily Yuki has been there before, so she'll be able to make a portal there."

"Alright. Girls, go with Jonathan to his room and show him the best armor he can use right now. After that, go put your own armor on and come back here. I want to leave in no more than fifteen minutes."

"Meet you there?" I asked them. When they nodded, I teleported to my room and they teleported right behind me. I pulsed the scanner to unlock the door and then ran over to the closet. Opening the room in the back, I looked at the armor sets displayed.

"That one," Alexis said, pointing to one of the sets hanging. It was rather simple, and didn't look to be armor at all. In fact, it looked almost like a wetsuit with armor plates reinforcing the front and back of the torso, along with the front of the legs.

I removed it from the hangers and she continued.

"That suit is one size fits all, so when you put it on, channel your mana through it, and it will fit itself properly. The same for the boots that go with it," she said, grabbing a pair of boots and putting them in front of me.

"That armor works the same as your clothes, if you need to shift. You should grab some weapons, just in case," Aleena said.

"Thanks girls, I have it from here. Go get your own suits on so we're not late."

They all teleported out and I got undressed down to my underwear, putting on the pants first. I had never seen a material like it. I had to channel my mana into them as soon as I pulled them up, because they were way too big and would fall down otherwise. Like she said, they shrunk in size when I channeled my mana through them, and fit quite nicely. I smashed my fist on my leg, and found that I didn't even feel it through the armor.

I put on the boots and top and channeled my mana through them. After that, I strapped my new shield to my arm, picked up one of the new spears, and grabbed the helmet that went with the armor. Making my way out of the closet, I verified that the door to my room was closed, and teleported back to the main room.

There were a bunch of people waiting, and all of them were decked out in armor that looked a hell of a lot better than mine. It seemed that we were just waiting on the girls.

When my mom was done with her conversation, she came over to me, "Yuki is going to open the portal, but she'll be the last one through. That doesn't mean she won't be able to use Precognition, though. Allow her to send through your shield. If she tells you to escape, you do just that. Look somewhere off to the distance and teleport repeatedly. Or better yet, use that orb teleport up to Abi. Don't worry about anyone else. Omar will be covering your sisters, as will Yuki when she comes through. I don't think this is any sort of trap, but it's better to be prepared. Got it?"

"Got it."

My sisters teleported in shortly after that and I saw Omar and Yuki chatting to them, presumably giving them a similar speech. When they were done, they turned back to the rest of us, with Yuki nodding.

"Will you do the honors, Yuki?"

"Certainly," she answered. A moment later a portal appeared in front of her.

12