The Wolves Ch. 015

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I received some very good news today, and felt that it was best to inform my fellow council members as soon as possible, so we can make a decision."

"A decision?" a lithe young woman in a blue dress asked.

Selalea nodded. "Earlier today, I came across some articles put out by the Adventurer's Guild. They were looking for a Precognition Skill Gem, as well as a dragon, and were paying handsomely. I took a group of dragons with me, and met with a group of people from the Adventurer's Guild. The meeting was.. enlightening."

"I understand the Precognition Skill Gem, but why would the Adventurer's Guild be looking for a dragon?" a young woman wearing a dress with an odd blend of colors, and a similar hair color questioned.

"We've known about Scyftans for a long time, but I found out today that they control the Adventurer's Guild. I also found out why the number of Scyftans on Earth has increased over the past millennia."

"Really?" the man in the white robe said. "Well that explains a lot. From what we've seen, Scyftans are quite capable. Now we know that it wasn't humans who came to their senses. What was the reason for them arriving on Earth?"

"Apparently over fourteen hundred years ago, the king and queen of their people were assassinated during a coup. The original Scyftans who arrived over thirty-four hundred years ago were scientists. The ones that arrived over the past eleven hundred years are ones that escaped the coup, including a son and three daughters of that king and queen. Apparently the majority of Scyftans will be leaving Earth in six months or so, which gives us a unique opportunity."

"When they leave, we can finally take the planet back from the humans!" a man dressed in yellow exclaimed. "It was ours long before it was theirs, and it shall be ours again!"

Selalea scoffed. "War is not the answer, Bonanem! We are much stronger than humans, but don't underestimate their numbers, and technology. No, there is a much better option."

"Please, enlighten us," Bonanem spat.

Selalea slid a device across the table. When it stopped in the middle, it activated and a three dimensional image was displayed above it.

"There is a reason they're leaving Earth in six months. It's because while they've been on Earth, they've been biding their time until they can go back and depose the man who took power when their king and queen were assassinated. Apparently they have a large fleet arriving in two months to do this. I think the ship in the image in front of you is their most advanced one, though."

"Her name is Abi," Selalea continued. "If we come to a decision, she can relocate our entire species off of Earth to a planet of our choice, in less than a month."

Everyone started talking over each other, but Selalea just sat there until they stopped.

"'She'? What do you mean 'she'? It's a spaceship," Bonanem said.

"She may be a spaceship, but she is a sentient one. She is able to grow in size over time, and change the inside of the ship at will. I saw a door form in the side of the ship where there wasn't one before."

"Why would she agree to relocate our people?" an older, burly looking man wearing black asked.

The image projected in the middle of the table changed. "It was explained to me that this man is the son of the deceased king and queen. When I asked them why they were leaving Earth and they told me about the ships on their way, I asked them if they could relocate our people. They took a short time to confer, and said they would, with some conditions."

"The first is that the man you see wants to be given a tour of one of our facilities to see how our eggs are -."

"You told them about our eggs?" Bonanem almost screeched.

"Oh, shut up, Bonanem," the burly man growled. "Let her continue."

"Thank you, Olmith," Selalea said with a smile. "As I was saying, he wants to see how our eggs are stored. They seem to have come up with a way to store eggs as large as ours are, but he may be able to improve on that after he sees one of our egg chambers. I doubt it, but there is no harm in letting him see them."

"The second condition is that they be allowed to hire as many of our people as possible to crew the ships on their way to Earth. The ships are currently manned by skeleton crews, but they'll be using the next two months to secretly recruit people to crew them. Originally they were planning on recruiting humans, but dragons would reduce the amount of people they need to find greatly."

"If we agree to both conditions, they will move all our eggs, egg-tenders, elders and children to a planet of our own choosing. The young man in front of you, named Jonathan, said his people would start combing through their data finding a variety of planets for us to choose from. As soon as Jonathan regains power, our people manning his ships will be returned to our new planet. In perhaps a month, we could finally start allowing our eggs to hatch, rather than have them sit in their egg chambers for years to come."

A spirited debate went on for many hours. There were some concerns, the main one being all of their eggs located in one location, but Selalea managed to assuage their concerns a bit. They exited the council chambers after agreeing to Jonathan's first condition. After he toured one of their facilities, and met with the council, they would make their decision.

12