The Wolves Ch. 037

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The boss had gotten back to his feet, though he wasn't moving as fast as he had previously, and his axe was missing. He was visibly favoring one leg over the other, keeping his weight off of his damaged leg as much as possible. I fired a Siphoning Shot at his healthy leg, but it proved to be bad timing. My arrow struck right after Mason impaled him through the back with the point of his halberd, the boss' skin turning to metal and bouncing my arrow.

The boss spun, backhanding Mason before reaching back and pulling the halberd out with a groan. The boss looked like he wanted to use the halberd to attack Mason, but was clearly befuddled when the halberd collapsed into a small tube that easily fit into his palm. Angry, he threw it away before limping towards Mason. Jonathan used Blink to appear between them, throwing a punch that connected with the boss' left cheek, sending him stumbling backwards.

He was able to catch himself, pushing off with his good leg and tackling Jonathan. Unfortunately for him, Jonathan had put up his Mana Shield just before, so the boss collided with it before falling on his face. Extending his cutlass, he flipped it around in his hand before grabbing it with both hands and driving it through the boss' back.

It wasn't a killing blow, as the boss groaned out in pain before trying to lift himself off the cavern floor. Wanting to end the fight, I activated Triple Arrow again, this time aiming somewhere more vital. The three arrows flew true, striking the boss in the head. Only the first actually did anything, with the other two bouncing off when his metal armor activated. Still, it was enough.

With a last shuddering breath, the Kobold High Chieftain collapsed to the floor, remaining motionless.