The Wolves Ch. 040

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There wasn't much point in us getting in as well," Sonja laughed. "We could've just walked through and waited at the door."

"Meh, it was nice to rest my legs, if only briefly," Ben said as he opened his door and got out.

I locked up the SUV after everyone had exited and then made my way over to Zaszi. "Thanks for helping us out today. We'll probably be going back tomorrow, so we could use your services again in the morning."

"I'll be on duty tomorrow, but I'll see if I can spare some time to transport you guys there again. If not, then I'll see about getting one of the members of the team that was shadowing you today to do it."

"Works for me. I'll let you know when we're going to leave in the morning."

The two of us walked over to the door where my friends were waiting, holding it open, and the six of us entered the building before heading over to the elevator. A quick security check later and we were descending to the portal room which would take us back to the base. Vixa appeared in front of us as soon as we appeared in the lobby, though I had to pick her up and move to the side as there was another team of people right behind us.

"Hello Vixa! Did you stay out of trouble while I was gone?"

She made a little noise that sounded like she was insulted that I even needed to ask, but soon began purring as Anja walked up and began petting her. After a few minutes of making plans for the next day, we split up, each going to do our own thing with the rest of the night.

I made my way to my room with Vixa following beside me, and immediately got out of the armor I had been wearing for fifteen-plus hours so I could take a shower. With that done, I got dressed in regular clothes and then walked back over to my armor and began taking everything out of it. Just as I finished doing that, there was a knock on my door.

Walking over to it, I opened it to see a young man waiting there carrying a brand new set of armor.

"Wow, that was fast," I said, waving the man in.

"Commander Alzizsi asked that we deliver a new set to you as soon as possible, since she didn't know how much longer you would be up. Where would you like me to put this?" he asked.

"I'll take it," I said. "I went ahead and took everything out of my old set, as I wasn't sure what you guys do with them."

He passed the new set to me before turning over and looking at the set that was laid out on the floor. "We recycle them. The injectors are still functional and the suit is laced with cut Mana Crystals, so after removing those the rest of the armor is destroyed."

"Destroyed?"

He looked back at me and nodded. "The armor is rather useless after it's been damaged a few times, and we haven't come up with a way to recycle the entire suit. There's really no point in keeping damaged sets stored, so we just incinerate them."

"Oh."

He nodded again. "Well, I'll grab the damaged suit so as to not keep you busy any longer. If you ever need more suits, let us know. You can find us just across from the firing range. Do you know where that is?"

"I do," I nodded.

"Perfect. I'd better get back to work. It was nice to meet you, sir." he said as he picked up the damaged suit.

"Nice to meet you, too. What's your name, by the way?"

"Cody Fulton."

"Nice to meet you, Cody," I said, escorting him to the door.

After closing the door behind him, I walked back over to my bed and grabbed the new suit before placing it next to everything I had taken out of the other one. It took no longer to put everything in as it had when taking everything out, and I walked over to my closet and hung it up before shutting off the light and exiting it.

Vixa was laying on her bed cleaning herself, so I didn't bother her. I had planned to go to the cafeteria to grab a quick snack but grew tired rather quickly. After undressing down to my underwear, I walked over to the bed and climbed in, being followed shortly after by Vixa. She jumped onto the other side of the bed, and after walking in circles for a moment, plopped herself down.

After making myself comfortable, I called out to the room.

"Alarm set: 06:30. Lights: Off."

The two quick beeps, as well as the lights turning off let me know that the two commands had been recognized. Closing my eyes, I went to sleep. Or tried to, at least. I had the feeling that I was forgetting something, but couldn't figure out what it was. I had just dozed off when I finally remembered, and I woke back up, my eyes popping open.

"Lights: On."

When the lights turned back on, I turned to Vixa.

"I'm going to shift into another form, okay? It will still be me, but I just wanted to let you know."

Her eyes had opened when I began talking, but she gave a little dismissive yip before closing her eyes and tucking her nose under her two bushy tails. Shrugging, I began shifting into my Scyftan form, opting for that rather than my dragonkin form. I wouldn't gain as much intellect, and mana regen as a result, but it would still be more than I had in my human form.

I saw Vixa look up as the weight on my side of the bed decreased, but she seemed unperturbed about it. She just closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

Once I was done shifting, I got comfortable once more and then called out to the room again.

"Lights: Off."