The Youth Trap Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angiquesophie
angiquesophie
1,326 Followers

"Please, Julie. We both love you, that won't change. Please believe me, we always will."

Julie just stared at her. She was taken aback by the ease with which her mother produced the most banal platitudes in front of her, her daughter of twenty years. She was just citing all the humbug from glossy magazines and shitty TV shows. And she obviously believed she could get away with it.

Julie waved her hand in front of her mother's face.

"Hey, mom?" she said. "Look? It is me, remember? Julie, your daughter who is almost as clever as you?"

The lashes fluttered in a short frenzy now. Was there a blush on the pampered cheeks?

Another sigh.

"Yes, sorry darling. I'm awful. Please understand, I am so upset. I really don't know how to tell you this."

"Why not try the truth?"

Julie was amazed by her own words. She had never talked to her mother like this. But the insincere woman in front of her provoked it.

Sarah moved uneasily in her tiny designer chair. Her burgundy nails tapped her tall glass. A whiff of irritation seemed to knit her eyebrows for just a second. Then she looked up.

"Honey. This really is something between your father and me. We love you both and always will. Please, let's keep this away from you. John and I grew apart. We no longer are the people who fell in love. It happened. Let's please accept that and move on."

For the first time a hot peak of anger rose inside Julie. Her voice seemed to struggle in her throat to get out.

"That's it, mom? That is all you have to tell me?"

The eyes in front of her closed. A corner of the glossed-over lips seemed to tremble.

"It's for the best, honey. Believe me."

At that moment Sarah's name was called from the entrance. A tall blonde man walked up to their table. He looked good and well trimmed. He was maybe halfway in his thirties.

When he reached their table, Sarah got out of her chair. Her eyes darted from the approaching man to her daughter and back. She seemed nervous, not really knowing what to do. The man did. He pulled her to him in a hug. His mouth was on its way to Sarah's, but at last she turned away. It landed on her cheek.

"Eh, Stan," she said with a shaky voice. "Please meet my daughter Julie. Julie, this is Stan, we work together."

It was all rather awkward. Julie shook his hand and smiled at his smooth compliments. She watched him as he once more turned towards Sarah. She noted the white polo over his broad chest, the immaculate slacks. Blonde hair on his tanned arm.

He made a lame remark about how they could have been sisters. Then he whispered something while leaning in to Sarah. She nodded nervously and pushed him away.

The man laughed. "See you honey!" he said. Then he walked back to his two buddies who were waiting at the entrance. He said something and a loud laughter accompanied them inside.

"Are you fucking him, mom?" Julie asked when they were alone again. Her mouth had become a thin line.

Sarah paled. Then she got angry.

"Who taught you words like that, Julie? I don't have to take that from you! This is really uncalled for!"

Sarah was all movement now. Her hands fluttered, her hair danced around her face. She moved her little purse from left to right and back again.

Julie just kept staring at her.

"You do fuck him, don't you? And you have for a long time. Did dad find out?"

"You are wrong!"

Sarah's voice had risen an octave.

"You are wrong. We work together, Stan and I. We are good friends. Those things happen, you know? This is 2008. Can't I have friends? Does my high and mighty daughter disapprove?"

The angry voice carried. Heads turned.

Julie moved her chair back. It screeched a bit on the stones, not unlike her mother's voice.

"Is there really nothing you have to tell me, mom?"

Sarah stopped moving. Her eyes were hard now.

"I wouldn't know what, Julie."

The girl rose.

"I see. Well, mommy dear, that is your privilege. But please, don't call me until you do have something to tell me. Preferably the truth. Okay?"

Sarah gasped. She lifted a hand in protest.

"No, Julie, don't. Don't listen to him. I am your mother, please. Don't let him get between us."

Julie had already turned halfway. She stopped.

"You mean daddy? Ah god. You don't know him at all, do you? Did you ever? You are so pathetic. Bye mom. Have all the fun you need."

The blonde girl turned on her heels and walked away from the equally blonde woman.

Sarah's hands squeezed her purse.

"Fuck you, John," she hissed. "Fuck you."

* * * * *

angiquesophie
angiquesophie
1,326 Followers
12