Theft of the Heart

Story Info
The twins break into the wrong house.
2.8k words
4.58
37.1k
68

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/14/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
queey
queey
114 Followers

"You know this is a bad idea, right?" Verochelle said to her sister for the hundredth time that evening. She couldn't believe she had let her talk her into this.

Zavagne rolled eyes at her sister, she could be so frustrating at times. "You used to love doing this, what happened to you Chella, are you getting old sis?" she said smirking at her already pissed off twin sister.

"Not old sis, just a little more responsible than I was the last time we did this," Chella said as she was picking the lock on the door of the mansion her sister had convinced her to break into, "and Nicholas is going to kill us when he finds out."

"Old, responsible, same thing to me." Zavagne said seriously losing patience with her sister. "And in case you haven't noticed, it's just me and you here, how would Nicholas ever find out?"

Verochelle used to be the one to lead these little expeditions of theirs when they were younger. Of course, back then they used to do this out of necessity, to make a buck and keep from starving. That was before they met Nicholas, their saviour. Ironically, this is exactly how they met him; breaking into his house, or rather his mansion. Instead of turning them in, he practically adopted them, put them through school, and even gave them jobs.

"OK, we're in," Chella said, a moment before she went to disable the alarm system next to the door. "And I still think this is a bad idea."

She was really disappointed that a house this amazing had such standard security measures in place. More of a challenge was expected. She could have disarmed it with her eyes closed. A house this beautiful deserved much better protection than this. An amateur could get in here with no trouble at all.

"Wow, this place is incredible Chelle," Zavagne said, ignoring her sister's words.

"I have a bad feeling about this Zan; this is way too easy. Are you sure that's all there is to their security?" Chella asked, feeling uneasy about their little adventure.

"It's crazy right? It's like taking candy from a baby," Zavagne responded, barely able to contain her excitement.

The house was stunning. It had a huge hallway with a breath-taking glass chandelier to welcome you into the house. The colours were warm and rather masculine. The furniture appeared to be hand crafted from solid wood. The place had an otherworldly feel to it. It was the perfect balance between antique and contemporary. Had it been smaller, it could have passed for a bachelor's haven, but its sheer size made it perfect for a large family.

Zavagne knew for a fact that this was not a family home. She did some research on the place before she decided they would come here tonight. The place belonged to some eclectic billionaire guy who was hardly ever in the country. It was full of priceless relics and beautiful paintings. The owner obviously spent his time collecting wherever he went. There were historic bits and pieces from all over the world, and from the looks of things they were all authentic.

Chella still couldn't shake this eerie feeling the house gave her, but the more she saw of the house, the more her uncertainty faltered. The house seemed to draw her in. It almost felt like she belonged there, which was silly because she spent most of her life in an apartment not even a tenth the size of this place. This house was nothing like what she was use to, nor anything like what she would have imagined for herself. But the beauty drew her in. The art was stunning, not unlike what she had in her own private collection, just her taste.

"Okay, so maybe this wasn't as bad an idea as thought," Chella conceded, "you say this place is deserted?"

"Well, sort of, the owner hasn't been here in some years now, just the cleaning staff that comes twice a week."

Chella shook her head in disbelief, if this were her house she would never leave. 'It's perfect,' she thought to herself.

"Well," Chella said, flashing her sister her most devious grin, "shall we liberate this fool of some of these beautiful pieces?" She walked in with new resolve. 'He doesn't deserve all of this, if he did, he would have done a better job at protecting it,' she decided.

Zavagne gave her own devious grin, now this was the Verochelle she knew and loved. She walked in behind her sister already picking out what she would be adding to her collection.

Aleksander Novak was pissed off at being summoned by 'the great' Nicholas Ferris. He considered refusing to see him, and just heading straight home from the airport, but his curiosity won out in the end. Nicholas had contacted him personally as soon as he landed, requesting a meeting with him before he settled in from his trip. He had said it was something that affected everyone of their kind in their territory. Aleks figured it had to be something big for him to even bother to call him, since he pretty much kept to himself.

Aleks was notorious for being the most arrogant and short tempered vampire around, very few had the grit to call upon him, let along request to meet with him.

He uncoiled six foot three inches of his powerful stature from a black jeep and made his way into Nicholas' night club; 'Cloned.'

He didn't bother giving the two huge bouncers a second glance, nor did he pay any attention to the ones he was receiving from the patrons of the popular establishment. He knew he would command a lot of interest from most of the women in the club. Perhaps he might find himself some entertainment before he left. But before he did that he would find out what the elder vampire had to say to him.

Aleks made his way up the flight of stairs leading to the VIP section of the club, where he sensed someone who could only be Nicholas. He had never met the other vampire, but the power he emanated was easy to track. Aleks found it interesting that Nicholas would be projecting so much of his power, it was obviously meant to intimidate him. The thought made him smile.

He locked eyes with his host on the other side of the club. He sat in a dark booth with a view of most of the club and yet to see him you would need to be standing directly in front of him, unless of cause you were like him. He was huge with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He also wore a grin that peeved at Aleks a bit.

Nicholas studied his guest from the moment he walked into Cloned. He could almost feel the arrogance oozing from Aleksander Novak. He could also sense the danger in him, which is why he thought it necessary to meet with him as soon as he learned of his return. He needed to maintain the peace in his territory, and for that to happen he needed to make sure he wouldn't be getting any trouble from Aleksander Novak.

Aleks approached Nicholas confidently, not at all daunted by the deliberate power projection.

"Nicholas," Aleks said seriously, as he took a seat facing the host. "Why am I here?"

"Would you like a drink, on the house?" Nicholas responded.

"No, I'd like to go home, take a long shower and rest. I had a long flight."

"Oh, welcome back by the way. How was Europe?" Nicholas said casually, deliberately grating on the other vampire's nerves.

Aleks smirked dangerously at Nicholas. His patience waning swiftly. "Why am I here Nicholas?" he said in a dangerously calm tone.

A genuine smile crossed Nicholas' handsome face. Aleks' reputation for impatience was almost legendary. He didn't realise it would be this easy to irk him. "Why, to talk to you of course," he said, further irritating Aleks.

Nicholas felt Aleks' power rise, due to his irritability, no doubt. His green eyes turned dark as he tried to contain his temper. The rest of the vampires in the club could feel it too. Several pairs of eyes swayed in their direction, expecting some sort of confrontation, but what they saw were calm and impassive looks from both Nicholas and Aleks.

"I think you are scaring my customers Aleks," Nicholas said looking around his club.

"They should be scared," Aleks countered, without taking his green eyes away from his insufferable host.

"And why is that?" Nicholas asked with a slight frown. He didn't like the idea of anyone threatening him or his people.

Aleks slowly counted to ten, trying to calm his fury. It didn't work. He tried to remember why he thought coming here would be interesting. He could be in his home, relaxing over a glass of chilled blood.

Nicholas saw the contemplative look on Aleks face and caved. Truth be told, he didn't want Aleks in his club about as much as he didn't want to be there. "Fine, I'll make this quick, before you explode and ruin my shiny new club. We have new neighbours, and the reason you are here is for me to make sure that there won't be any trouble coming from you."

Aleks raised an inquisitive brow at Nicholas urging him to continue.

"I'm sure you have heard of the Auris pack." It wasn't a question; even the reclusive vampire had to have heard of the pack. They were the largest and most accomplished pack in the northern hemisphere.

"What about them?" Aleks asked. He knew the pack had lived somewhere nearby, but that was at least five centuries ago.

"Well they are back," Nicholas replied, carefully examining Aleks' reaction.

Many vampires had learned to live with weres, but some still couldn't deal with any of the were-creatures. Nicholas needed to know where Aleks stood.

Aleks considered the information for a moment. He didn't actually hate weres, as some of kind did, but he certainly never went out of his way to make friends with any of them. But he didn't understand why Nicholas would want to tell him about this personally. Surely Aleks would have found out about this soon enough without him. There had to be another reason Nicholas felt he had to tell him about this personally, and Aleks didn't like that little piece of detail. There was something missing.

"And?" Aleks asked, waiting for Nicholas to drop the real bomb.

"And, their territory borders on your property Novak." Nicholas waited for Aleks' reaction. He wished he knew more about him so he could at least guess what was going through his head. His expression was unreadable, and his silence was starting to worry Nicholas.

Aleks wasn't sure how to react to the news. He didn't really have problems with weres, but that's usually because he never had to deal with them. How would he deal with them being in such proximity to him and his home? Could he even deal with it? Aleks treasured his privacy only his sister and his close friend Thomas were allowed to disturb his solitude.

He loved this particular property because it's so far from everyone and everything. To know that there are wolves just across his property line didn't sit well with him. He bought the property right after the wolves had vacated the area centuries ago, so he never had to stay close to them before now. He thought the place perfect. And now, now he would have to deal with wolves as his neighbours, all the howling and barking. The thought was sickening to him, if vampires could suffer migraines, he was sure he would be having one right now. He could feel his rage boiling, but his expression remained perfectly neutral and thoughtful.

After a long silence, Aleks finally spoke, "Why are you the one telling me this Ferris? Are you their spokesperson or something?"

Nicholas took a long sip of his drink before he responded. "Not a spokesperson, I'm merely trying to facilitating an easy transition for everyone involved."

"And why are you so interested in a smooth transition?"

"Because it's in everyone's best interest Novak," Nicholas replied. "The Auris pack is large and formidable. If conflict were to break out, I have no doubt that they would call in re-enforcements from up north, and if that were to happen there would be an all out war and many would lose their lives. I'd like to avoid that."

"Hmmm... sounds to me like you are afraid of a pack of dogs Nicholas," Aleks said mockingly. He was certain that Nicholas could take on the Auris pack with just the vampires he had in his employment in the club. But that would only start an even bigger battle.

"Our kind would risk exposure with a battle of that scale, even you can't be so arrogant as to not see that," he replied. "Besides, the land is rightfully theirs Novak, you can't deny that."

Aleks considered what Nicholas just said. Of course their kind could take on the dogs and in all likelihood win, but the consequences could be far stretching and detrimental to all, including humans.

"Very well, but you should let your new pets know I'm back and to stay off my property." He growled as he stood to leave. "And we can all get along," Aleks added as he walked away from Nicholas. Aleks didn't want a battle either, that would upset his peace and that's all he needed after so many years in Europe.

Nicholas breathed a sigh of relief. He really didn't want any trouble to come out of this. He had to protect his girls, and he couldn't do that if he had to fight an unnecessary war. Satisfied that Aleksander Novak would keep to his word, he made his way to his office to let the Auris Alpha know that he wouldn't be getting any trouble from their closest neighbour, granted they remain on their side of the line.

Aleks made his way to his car with a tall leggy blonde. He figured if he makes her scream loud enough, he wouldn't have to hear the sounds of his howling neighbours.

The more Verochelle saw of this house, the more she fell inlove with it. She loved the library, she loved the kitchen, she loved, well, she loved everything about it. And her sister was acting like a toddler in a candy store, she wanted everything she saw. Verochelle wasn't sure if her small car could fit everything her sister wanted to take. They've never broken into a house where they fell inlove with everything they saw. Maybe they would have to come back tomorrow evening to be able to take all their loot.

"Oh my god Chella, you have to see this, come down here!" Zavagne screamed at her from the basement.

"What's up?"

She made her way to the basement and was shocked at what she saw; a full basketball court. Her big hazel eyes widened as she took in the sight.

"Wow!" Verochelle exclaimed. Now she was sure she was completely inlove with the house. She loved playing basketball. This house could have been made for her.

"Wanna shoot some hoops before we head back up?" Zavagne challenged her sister by throwing a basketball in her direction.

"We're in the middle of robbing a house and you want to play basketball?" Chella asked her sister incredulously.

Zavagne grinned at her. Verochelle never said no to a basketball challenge, and Zavagne doubted tonight would be the first time. "Well if you're too chicken..." she said, shrugging her shoulders. "Last time you won was by luck anyway, I'll understand if you don't want to take a chance of losing."

Verochelle could see what her sister as trying to do, but she couldn't resist a chance to beat her sister. "OK fine. But if I win, you leave that ridiculous vampire statue." Chella said catching the ball Zan just threw her way.

"No way, it's sexy and it isn't that big Chelle."

"Yeah but it's creepy. First one to five?" she asked passing the ball back to Zavagne to start the game.

"Fine, I can tie Dracula to my bike anyway. But if I win, you go on a date with Grant, poor guy has been asking you out since forever now."

Chella shook her head and laughed, she didn't have a problem making this deal. She never lost to her sister, and she wasn't going to start now. "Deal sis."

Aleks approached his driveway with excitement. Of all his houses, this one was his favourite. It had everything he valued. He almost wished he left the blonde for another day and took the time to reacquaint himself with his house before inviting a female over. But he had needs, and the blonde would satisfy them both. He opened the car door for his leggy companion and walked up to the front door.

As soon as soon as he opened the door he knew something was wrong, his senses flared up. Someone was in his house.

queey
queey
114 Followers