Their Story Ch. 03

Story Info
He left, but who is she sleeping next to?
8.2k words
4.36
49.2k
17

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 03/19/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It must have been louder than she thought for the guy next to her stirred, then turned his head quickly toward her.

"Are you Okay?" he asked with sleepy concern in his voice.

Without looking at him, she nodded not trusting her voice. He turned back. Her eyes widened, she knew that voice. Suddenly it all came back in a flash. She had gone out with a "new" employee. She made another noise, this one a snort.

Her husband looked back over his shoulder and asked, "Is something the matter?"

She looked at him, smiled and said, "Not now."

He looked puzzled, but just rolled back and probably went back to sleep. He must have been partially awake to respond so fast. More of what happened last night came to mind. They had a good dinner and talk. He got a bottle of Champagne and she had at least four glasses there, maybe more later, no wonder she was a so foggy this morning, but now she didn't mind.

Now though she knew what had happened that day. She had gone to the hospital like usual. Things seemed to be improving; maybe she was finally starting to get over losing Jimmy. She felt a little better this morning, like she knew it was going to be a good day, yesterday she had chuckled at a joke someone else had told. She still missed him though, it was like he had died, obviously he hadn't but it felt that way.

She had thought about what had inspired her to want that separation which turned out to be a bad mistake. It was many things she had decided. Part of it had been her anger at him for not taking care of his health; he was a nurse he should know better. He just kept gaining weight. There were other things that had gotten her so angry at him. He had forgotten a couple of important engagements and then even though apologizing profusely, he didn't seem to think his forgetting them was so bad. And work hadn't been going so good either. All that and more had contributed to her being frustrated and angry, more than usual. Plus her PMS had been worse than usual the last couple of months before she came up with the idea for the separation. She had always looked down on women who blamed PMS for their behavior but there were some months where she did act more like a bitch. Maybe she should take those PMS vitamins some of her coworkers said helped them. It would be too late for her and Jimmy's relationship but her PMS had been a small part of it anyway. She of course, had taken out her frustration on him. She sighed as she thought that it had been very unfair of her to do that. He hadn't helped the situation any but most of it fell on her.

As she sat down in her chair, she wondered if she would have that package, she was dreading when she got home. Babs had been expecting divorce papers any day. The way he had felt at the end, and she couldn't blame him for feeling that way, she thought "he would get the divorce going as soon as possible." She wouldn't fight it even though she wanted to. That wasn't like her, she always fought for something she wanted if need be but he deserved a better wife, someone who would be more easy going. That thought brought up another reason she had said no to all attempts to date her, in the past two months. She didn't want anyone else, not even Jon or Tony, she wanted Jimmy. But she had driven him away. She shook her head, not being sure why she had gone wild with dating like that. She had thought about that a lot, part of it was that she had been free from some of her frustration and guilt about how she was treating Jimmy, all the yelling and put downs, but a large part of it had been that she was running from herself. Very soon, after the decision she had known deep down it had been the wrong one, but she hadn't wanted to admit it to herself so she ran. It wasn't the first time she had done that. She didn't like being wrong and sometimes would go to great lengths not to admit it. And she had to admit that going out on all those, dates had been fun plus it fed her ego that so many men wanted to date her even after being married for a while. God, she had blown it so badly.

Just then, her thinking was interrupted by her boss's voice. She was almost as loud as Babs so much of the time Babs could hear her through the door. This time she seemed to be talking about a new employee, introducing him to some of the office staff. "Probably a replacement for Jimmy" she thought since he most likely would not be coming back when his sabbatical was over. A minute later, she heard Tiffany ask the new guy if he wanted the address he had given her as his primary address. She seemed surprised that he would.

Babs couldn't hear the answer but a minute later, she did hear her boss speak louder as she asked Babs to come out to the hallway. She did but as she went through the door, she wondered what this new guy looked like, for she had heard exclamations from a couple of the female staffers. "He must be a bodybuilder or some such by the tone of the voices" she thought. The only person out there though, was Tiffany. She was older than Babs and "a little on the plain side but had a good athletic figure" Babs thought.

She motioned Babs over to her and said that once he was back from being introduced to some of the staff she would introduce the "new" employee to her. Babs could hear the quote marks around the word "New" and wondered about it. Tiffany went on to say that, she wanted Babs to show the guy around the hospital. Babs almost protested for that wasn't her job but she didn't feel like expending the energy.

Tiffany said, "While we are waiting for him to come back. We need to talk. How are you?"

Babs shrugged and said, "Okay."

Her friend and boss looked at her as if to say "yeah and if I believe that, then you have a bridge to sell me."

Instead, she asked, "Gone out on any good dates lately?"

Babs looked at her with an incredulous expression on her face.

She said, "I haven't gone out on a date for over six months. I went out on too many before...before the...the conference and I'm not going out now, you know that."

"Yes I do but one never knows when you might change your mind. There are a lot of men who want to go out with you; some are very nice looking and charming at that."

"Have Jon or Tony been here?"

"Yes but not for some time. I thought you might like to go out with the new guy; he is very charming and rather buff. And you need some sex."

Babs stared at Tiffany; she wasn't ready for any matchmaking. Her boss should know that and it was HER business whether she had sex with anyone.

"I've never had sex with any of the guys I dated and I'm not going to now. I'm still married and besides, just the thought that I did hurt Jimmy too much."

Babs wondered where that had come from; Tiffany usually didn't get that personal. She wondered if it was a come on, if she was planning to invite Babs over for some fun with her and her husband. There were those rumors going around the hospital. Tiffany and her husband had sex with women at times. Supposedly, Tiffany had a girl over either once a year or as many as six times a year according to various rumors Babs had heard over the years. Some said the husband knew and others said he had no idea, while still other rumors said he joined in. Babs had never seen any evidence they were true, she had never seen Tiffany make a pass at anyone, nor had she talked to anyone who had gone over to Tiffany's for that reason. The rumors had been circulating for five years though. She figured something had happened to get them started, maybe someone had overheard Tiffany describe a fantasy. Then again it could be that someone who didn't like their boss had begun the rumors. That had happened before with other staffers over the years.

After a short silence, Tiffany said "Well, any in case after showing the new guy around the hospital you can take the rest of the day off."

"I'm okay, I don't need a break."

She meant it too because being home alone just made it worse.

Just then, they heard footsteps and Tiffany said, "good here he comes now."

Tiffany motioned with her hand toward a door leading to a hallway and Babs turned. As the man in the purple "greens" of a nurse came through the door Babs was able to see that Tiffany had been right, he was buff but didn't look like a bodybuilder. But then she looked at his face and her jaw dropped.

Tiffany said, "Janet Daggett meet the new and improved Jimmy Daggett."

Jimmy looked at her waiting to see how she would react.

Babs had to blink back tears as she wondered what he was doing here. Was he going to torture her and himself be working here? Then she thought that this explained the emphasis Tiffany had been placing on the word "new." He had lost more weight and was even more buff looking than the last time she had seen him and most of those here at the hospital hadn't seen him at the resort.

While she waited for him to say something she heard Tiffany ask him, "Are you sure this is your primary address? Is that your final answer?"

He smiled at how the question was phrased, said "yes" followed by a certain street address and finished with, "I will be living there...I hope."

That last comment was in a tone that was a little of the old Jimmy coming through, Babs noticed. Hope flared in her heart for a moment for the address was their address, but she ruthlessly squished it, there could be many reasons he would use that as an address. If all he wanted to do was use it as an abode she would move out she decided.

There was a pause then he said, "She was right about one thing, I would like to go out on a date with you. You look like someone I would like to get to know better. And I can be very charming...I know how to treat a lady." obviously going along with what Tiffany had said about him being new.

"He certainly does" she thought.

Out loud, she said, "Well, as I was explaining to Tiffany I haven't been dating much the last few months. I'm a little out of practice. Where would we go?"

"I was thinking of taking you out to dinner to a nice small place I know."

There was another pause, which Tiffany broke by saying, "I changed my mind you don't have to show him around but you will take off the rest of the day."

Babs looked at her with puzzlement as she continued," And take off tomorrow too. Its Friday and we can do without you for one day especially since you have been working so hard lately. His sabbatical isn't quite over yet but I expect him and you back early on Monday rested and refreshed. Well, refreshed anyway," She finished with a smile.

Babs wondered if that meant what she thought it meant. Before she could speak, Jimmy spoke up.

"I had a friend bring me to work today so I need a lift to where I am staying."

Tiffany said, "Babs can give you a lift since she is going home for the rest of the day."

Babs got herself together and said, "I won't mind taking you where you're going."

He smiled and said, "Good... I think if," here he looked at Tiffany, "we are done here we could leave now."

Tiffany said yes and made shooing motions with her hands. It took them a while to actually leave the hospital however. Many of the people they both knew had already heard he was coming back, and that he had lost a bunch of weight so they came to see them. Babs and Jimmy were stopped by Doug and his beautiful, knowledgeable wife Pamela, before they got to the elevator. Then by two visitors from overseas as they got off. One was Susan from England who was alone because her handsome and courageous husband was on assignment for the British Navy. The other was Denise the girl from down under who was there with her rugged husband for some talks about helping street girls get off the street. She would help them find a place and teach them how to start their own business. They were stopped twice before they made it to the entrance the staff used. One of the last people was a police officer name Mark who in the course of his work spent time at the hospital. They both knew him and his very attractive wife Patty who was probably at home practicing her already fine craft of writing short stories.

Once they were in the car and headed in the right direction, she turned and asked Jimmy where he was staying. He mentioned a hotel near their house. He had only been in town two days and hadn't wanted to get a place until he knew for sure where he would be staying. She only nodded even though it was obvious he had expected more from her.

A little later, she asked if he was serious about the date or if he had been just going along with what Tiffany was saying?

"I was serious... if you want to go out tonight that is."

Babs almost shook her head at the mixture of the new and old Jimmy that kept being displayed. As it had been back at the conference, it reassured her when the old Jimmy came out.

She said, "I would love to go out on a date with you, where would we go?"

He said, "I was thinking of the Scribing Dragon."

That was a Chinese place they had been to a few times, it also served some American and Italian food, they had met the owner Patrick and his lovely wife Jeni the night of their wedding rehearsal.

"I don't really like the food they serve," she said in a firm voice.

She took a moment to glance at him and saw him frown in disappointment for a second. Then it hit her that they had they had gone to that place the night they got engaged, the night of their wedding rehearsal and the first night they were back from the honeymoon. "So this was more than just a place he picked at random" she thought. And she realized she had responded rather sternly.

She quickly added, "But it does have a good atmosphere and there are a couple of things on the menu I like"

She touched his hand and looked at him again as she finished, "I would love to go there with you, especially since it's up to you to decide where we go if this is a date."

He smiled his warm smile and she almost melted. She was disappointed when they arrived at the hotel thinking he would be getting his stuff to take it home but all he said was that he would pick her up at six. She almost said that was too early, but she stopped herself, nodded and said that would be fine.

She spent part of the afternoon deciding what to wear. She choose the dress he liked, the one she had worn the night they met at the resort. But she decided while a bit short it wasn't short enough for tonight. Babs folded up the hem and used straight pins to keep it in place. She also wore a thong in his favorite color. It was one with a dragonfly on the front done in such a way that it flashed her most private spot when she walked.

He was there a few minutes before six but she was ready, as he probably had known she would be. Babs came to the door and looked at her date. He was wearing her favorite shirt and surprise he was wearing black pants- tight pants. They didn't look sprayed on but was a whole lot tighter than he usually wore. A second look at his shirt and she realized it couldn't have been the shirt she thought it was. That one would be way too big for him now. He had to have spent the time looking for a shirt that was the same as her favorite but would fit now. She wondered if he had spent that afternoon looking for it.

He looked her over and his eyebrows went up as the higher hem registered. She noticed he took a long look at her legs sticking out of the hem. They left and on the way he reminded her the place had Karaoke and he wouldn't mind hearing her sing. They had dinner and he surprised her with a bottle of Champagne before dinner, she drank a total of four glasses throughout dinner and while waiting for her turn to sing. She did sing for him, a love song that was currently at the top of the pop charts. He clapped and whistled his approval. That was another thing he would not have done before but she liked that change. After dinner, they went dancing. He realized again that he was a good dancer and she enjoyed herself greatly. She had some wine while dancing. He had none since he was driving. He had had two glasses of the Champagne, but that was all the alcohol for him, until they got home.

On the way back home while stopped at a red light that had just turned, he had suddenly leaned over and kissed her. She kissed back. A second later, she felt his hand crawl up her leg and under her skirt. Very quickly one finger was tracing her slit's lips. She spread her legs for him. He ran the finger down the slit pushing the fabric of her panties into her hole a tiny bit. She usually didn't like that but wasn't about to tell him to stop. A car honked and they had to get going. The car hadn't been there when they had stopped, she had looked. She knew he had felt that her panties were wet. She had been producing her lubrication all evening. He was hot in that shirt and pants and her horniness was coming up in all its fullness. He was excited too she had seen a bulge in his pants grow, shrink, and grow again all evening. Once he had dropped a napkin and had spent a few seconds looking for it under the table. When he had stood a few seconds later, she had noticed that his bulge was full size. "So he had been looking up my skirt", she wondered if he dropped the napkin on purpose or if he noticed her legs while under the table. He saw where she was looking and smiled lustfully. The old Jimmy would not have done that but a second later as two ladies at a nearby table turned and looked at his crutch, the old Jimmy came out for he blushed and quickly sat down moving his chair under the table.

Babs didn't mind him looking under her skirt. She figured that with the tables, the way they were, other men might be getting a look at her too but she had made the dress shorter for him, and they were just getting a benefit from what was for Jimmy. At one point though, she thought she had blushed when she saw a waiter and another gentleman staring under their table most likely at her legs.

As they danced, she did a little dirty dancing. Later when they were on the way out and alone in a hallway. She danced for him some more since they could still hear the music. She ended the dance by turning her back to him and flipping her skirt up, to make sure he could see some of her naked butt cheeks. That may have what inspired him to feel her up at that stop sign.

Once they had arrived home though and he saw her to the door she could tell he wasn't sure what he should do despite his aggressiveness in the car. She decided not to let him do something like leave, so she just grabbed his shirt and pulled him in. She didn't stop there either, and just kept pulling until they were in the bedroom. He put the bottle down on the dresser. They kissed more and he managed to get his hand up her skirt then down her panties. Seconds later his finger was inside, making her feel good. A minute or two later she sat him down in the chair and began a strip tease for him. There was no music but she thought she could still pull it off. Evidently, she did for he just stared enraptured. She started by flipping the back of her skirt up slightly teasing him with glimpses of her butt cheeks. Later when she reached the point of taking off her dress she turned away from him and bent forward a little. She then let the dress fall to the floor. She twitched her buttocks then hoped one step out of her dress, quickly spun around and as she faced him she kicked her dress away from her. When she was down to just her panties she moved right in front of him. His head was about level with her stomach but he could easily see between her legs where the dragonfly was. She twitched her hips making sure the dragonfly's wings flashed. He looked amazed then looked up at her face with a lustful smile. Babs also made sure he was able to see her butt as she danced for another minute before sliding off the thong. After she was naked, she went to him and picked up the hand that had been down her panties. She sniffed the finger that had been inside her.