There and Back Again Ch. 014

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the time I made it back into the main hall, the few servants left in the castle had started to stir, and I passed a few people rushing around. They always stopped to bow or curtsy, and it made me feel really awkward. Finally a young woman approached me directly.

"My Lady? I have returned your garments to your room, cleaned. Would you care for me to have a bath drawn up?" I nodded eagerly, and she smiled shyly. She ducked her head into a side room, muttering instructions to another servant, and then I followed her up to my room to pick up my clothes, sneaking in quietly so as not to disturb Leliana, and then to a nearby bathing room. Several servants were coming and going with buckets of scalding water, filling a large tub. She showed me an assortment of soaps and the like, and they closed the door as they left. I threw the latch, unceremoniously stripped, and climbed eagerly into the hot water. It was hot enough almost to scald me, but I sank into it, uncaring. I soaked for a while, easing the aches and pains of the last day of travel, and allowing myself to relax.Safe, for five minutes. What a revelation.

12