There and Back Again Ch. 033-034

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He stood as I approached the campfire. I kept my face neutral, and stopped a few feet away from him, not taking my eyes off him as I spoke.

"Wynne?"

"Yes, dear?" She looked up from her book.

"I owe you an apology."

"For what?"

"I lied to you."

"You did?" She looked confused. "When?"

"Back on the boat from the Circle Tower to Redcliffe."

Her confusion cleared and she smiled tolerantly. "What lie did you tell me?"

"In my own defense, I didn't know it was a lie back then."

"Of course you didn't, dear."

"I told you I'd never be in a relationship with anyone from Thedas."

"I recall that, yes."

"I lied." With that, I strode confidently up to Alistair, dropping my bag on a nearby rock. I reached up to grab his shoulder as I stepped up onto the log he'd just vacated. His height was such that I could just barely look him in the eye from the top of the log. I put my other hand on his cheek, leaned in, and kissed him soundly. There was barely a moment's hesitation before I felt him respond, wrapping his arms about my waist and pulling me in closer as his lips started moving against mine. I broke off before it could get inappropriate for public consumption, smiling up at him. I completely ignored the cheers and applause from Leliana at the campfire.

"Good morning, Alistair."

"Good morning, Sierra." His eyes twinkled, and I shivered as my name rolled off his tongue. Damn accent. Gets me every time! He kissed my forehead softly, and I closed my eyes in contentment.

"I need to, uh, do something. I have morning breath. I'll be right back." I pulled away from him, stepped down lightly, grabbed my bag, and headed off in the direction of the stream. I left him there to put up with the teasing for once.