There Will Be Time Ch. 03

Story Info
A little background.
11k words
4.56
2.7k
1
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Good afternoon,

So it's been five years--yes, I know. Shame on me! That's a very long time to leave people hanging, and I apologize, especially to those of you who've supported this story and the writing. I'm warning you all that very little editing was done on this chapter. There are time jumps. And there might not be a chapter following this one... if you have ideas, great! Contact me through my biography page.

I just learned from other readers and users of this site that Chimera44 passed away at the beginning of 2018. Though I didn't know her personally, my heart is broken for her family, specifically for her husband who suffers from dementia. I have no way of knowing what his current status is, but I hope he is being well taken care of. Rest in heaven S. H. s/n Chimera44.

I lost three very important people to me in the past year. Two were unexpected. I just want to reiterate people (including authors) go through shit that some of us can't even begin to comprehend or imagine for ourselves.

With that being said, I hope you enjoy this installment, written back in 2013. Have a blessed day.

Leo

~*~*~

Chapter Three: A Little Background

Despite the festivities earlier that afternoon, it was again another long night and yet another missing young woman to recover. It was long after Andrew had visited his folks that he decided to go back to the station and get some work done. He was working long into the night sitting at his desk at the station, going over a missing person's report for one named Hannah Montgomery. Officially, she'd been missing for over seventy-two hours.

Andrew was beside himself with frustration, just as he had been with the Richards' case he worked some years prior. Hannah was now the sixth girl to be grabbed in the last three years, the second girl in the last six months. He hoped that she would be as fortunate as Adina had been, because his superiors were never able to find the other four victims. The assailant or assailants were long gone by now.

As he looked between Adina's files and the little evidence that had been acquired in accordance with Hannah's abduction, there seemed to be a pattern. She was a student at the university and eighteen-years-old, just like Adina had been, working the same late hours. Both women were abducted around the same time of night but in different locations. It was safe to say that he was looking for a serial killer, two at the most.

Much of the same thing that happened to Adina happened with Hannah. She was said to have been leaving her workplace at about ten in the evening on Thursday by a coworker and supervisor. However, Hannah was a bit luckier than Adina, because a person waiting for the bus witnessed her about to get inside of her vehicle when she was forced into a black van. Adina hadn't been reported missing until five days after being taken.

The witness chose to remain anonymous. He heard the screeching of tires long before seeing the large black van come to a halt a few feet away from the startled girl. Two men cloaked in black leapt out of the van. One took Hannah and covered her mouth to prevent her from screaming and dragged her into the back of the van, while the other seemed to be picking something up from the ground. Afterwards, he too got in the back of the van and shut the doors as the van pulled off more calmly, making their escape.

To Andrew's understanding of Adina's testimony, the abductors keep their victims alive for approximately two weeks to the night that they are taken. No one really knows what happens to the girls after that.

The people who took Adina must have thought that because of her injuries she would eventually die, and therefore, dumped her body where they thought no one would find her; but they were wrong. An eyewitness was alerted to them by her dogs and wondered at the trespassers far out in the countryside on her property. As she and her sons approached the scene before them, she said they all rushed back into their vehicle and took off.

Andrew leaned back in his chair sighing and rubbing his hands over his face. When he had called her that day, he thought about asking for her help, but he didn't want to make her relive anything that she didn't want to. The truth was...

He had wondered at what she might look like after speaking to her on the phone and was glad to hear that she had begun her own business. Simply hearing Adina Richards' voice over the phone when he'd called her six days ago seemed dreamlike. He had feared the very last time he saw her that she wouldn't be able to cope with what had happened to her since his department had not caught all the perpetrators responsible. Her parents had kept him informed during the trial that she was withdrawn, barely slept and barely ate, and it had showed. She was nineteen years old, thin and sickly, and heavily mentally scarred by the time they were able to catch one suspect and try and convict him.

She no longer was frail and weak with fear like the last time he'd seen her at the end of her trial. She looked healthier and he was enchanted by her beauty and poise and she seemed a bit braver. The way she laughed and joked easily with him at the cook-off really got him thinking about her all day after she left in ways he never imagined himself thinking of her. She was a woman, a very fine one. A man could dream and if he played his cards right then that dream could come true, but Adina was playing hard to get with that whole "just friends" thing.

He remembered only belatedly after he had hugged her close that she was a victim of the most heinous of crimes and needed to tread carefully with her. However, he took it as a good sign that she wasn't very comfortable around men yet.

He took a deep breath and then leaned forward in his seat, resting his elbows on the desk. This case was really upsetting him, but it would upset her more.

He glanced up at the soft knock on his door, surprised to see Lacey watching him with a coffee mug cradled in her hands. She was wearing the same clothing from earlier (as was he), but the makeup that had caked her face earlier was gone and she had let her bleach-blonde hair down. She looked younger and so much better without all that makeup on.

"I thought you might need this," she said shyly but stood stock still.

He smiled faintly and sighed reaching for the cup. "Thank you. What are you still doing here? I thought you went home."

Lacey shook her head, her hair shaking with each movement. "I had a feeling that you would be here late again." She rocked back and forth on her heels biting her lip anxiously. "Want a fresh pair of eyes?"

A fresh pair of eyes? What he needed were eyes that had been there. "This is confidential, Lacey. You're not a cop after all, and it probably wouldn't do much good anyway."

"I won't tell if you don't," she said smiling at him conspiratorially.

He had always thought she was a pretty girl, knew her during her roughest time out on the streets. Smiling back at her he scooted his seat out of the way in invitation to let her have at it. He wouldn't say a word, and no one came into his office without knocking first.

Lacey crossed around the desk, sat on top of it and the files, and gazed at him with purpose. Her appealing scent washed over him, and she was staring down at him. Andrew looked back at her with question. "I haven't seen you in five days," she said quietly.

Andrew exhaled and rolled his eyes, trying not to let the anxiety in her voice affect him. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. It's just this case, you know? It's got me going crazy and I've been stressed out."

Lacey spread her legs a little in front of him. She was wearing a skirt and thigh high nylon stockings, and he could almost see between her thighs. "I thought that relieving stress was the reason for our little arrangement we've got going on, Lieutenant," she replied with a small smile.

The two of them had been meeting up secretly for a month now and Lacey was pretty sure she didn't want it to stop. Andrew was quite the lover, not at all like the young guys she used to fuck around with, and she enjoyed the secrecy of it all. It kind of just happened one night after work. Everyone wanted to go out for drinks to celebrate another successfully handled case that had just been closed. Closing that case had gotten Andrew promoted to Lieutenant, another thing to celebrate.

At the end of the night, Lacey had to bum a ride from someone because her vehicle was in the shop, and that someone just happened to be Andrew. But he wasn't fit to drive at all, and since she had not had much to drink he asked her to drive in his stead. The whole way he had kept on telling her that once he sobered up enough then he would definitely take her home. She had a feeling that it wasn't going to happen and had resolved to crash on the couch or armchair. They ended up at his house finally and she had to help him inside, because he was tired and drunk.

His house was a lovely three-bedroom two-bathroom one story that his parents helped him buy, complete with a white picketed fence and two-car garage. The front yard was nice and large, the lawn always green and manicured. Lacey only wished that she had accepted her parents' wishes in going to a J.C., but she'd fucked it up several times over by saying she would and never following through. Her mom and dad, finally fed up with her bullshit, kicked her out of their home that was much like Andrew's. Spacious, homey, welcoming; all the things she now desired compared to her tiny loft.

Lieutenant Greene's arm had been draped across her shoulders when she sat him on his sofa, his head lolling around. The next thing that happened was quite sudden, as he had grabbed her hips to straddle him. He had started talking about her sexy little body, how adorable she was, and about how he knew that she liked him.

Lacey had been too shocked to respond, but nevertheless was embarrassed to know that he knew about her little crush. What shocked her the most, however, was when he started to knead her breasts in his large hands and nip at her jaw with both his teeth and lips. She'd been instantly excited and lost it, going all in for the mind-blowing kiss she had been waiting for. She went all the way with him that night, and ever since they began meeting a few times a week to seek out their pleasures with one another. They never stayed the night at each other's houses much to Lacey's chagrin.

"Lacey," Andrew sighed heavily giving her a look that said that this was not the appropriate setting to have this discussion. "You know that you—"

"I know what you're going to say and thank you for making it clear, but I would rather be with you. Not someone else. I likeyou," she verbalized matter-of-factly. Lacey shook her head in exasperation. Why did he always have to go there? She plainly understood that they were only fuck buddies and nothing more, though the idea of it potentially being more wasn't lost on her. She thought about it often, but she never voiced her thoughts out loud for fear of scaring him away.

She didn't like being pushed to the back burner and that is what it felt like he was doing lately. She had her needs to and she would rather stick with one partner.

Earlier when Ms. Richards was present at the chili cook-off, Lacey had watched the two of them from afar. She got that they were known to one another, but she didn't realize how friendly they were with each other.

'Very friendly,' she had thought after seeing Ms. Richards playfully hit him a few times, obviously enjoying herself. Lacey could never bring herself to be so carefree with him like that, especially considering her relationship with him. She was jealous that that girl could hug him freely without Andrew acting awkward.

She had never really known a thing about makeup and ever since she knew how to, only stuck with her red lipstick and black eyeliner which she would draw on very thickly. She stopped wearing makeup for the simple fact that it reminded her of her stupid years. Yet, she thought that maybe her paramour would look at her with new eyes if she painted her face on. If she had done it right then maybe Adina would not have asked her those questions, and maybe not long after watching Andrew watch the young woman depart, realizing that he may like her more, she wouldn't have had to run inside to the lavatory to rid herself of her clownish mud.

Adina Richards was one of the most beautiful women she had ever laid eyes on in the flesh; no wonder he was attracted to her. Lacey wasn't sure if she had a new rival or not, but it sure as hell felt like it.

She held up her hand before he could speak some more and shifted onto one hip reaching beneath her and retrieved one of the file folders. "How about we go to my apartment and look over these?" Her body craved to be next to his and he wasn't going to get off that easily again. She knew that having sex inside his office would be a bad idea seeing as how officers on the night shift were about the station, but she wanted him anyway she could get him.

Andrew shook his head firmly. "That's not such a good idea."

"Oh, come on Andrew. Don't make me beg," she retorted, her blue eyes becoming hooded. "I miss you," she whispered searching his face.

When he didn't say anything, Lacey pierced her lips, but an idea grew in her head. Using her left foot, she pushed her right flat from her foot exposing her small pale foot and French tipped toes, sliding it up his thigh slowly and slightly thrust her breasts forward seductively.

The higher her foot traveled, the more his heart quickened, and his cock began to stir. 'He's enjoying this.'

But he wanted to work on the case. He also knew that he should take a break as well.

"I'll meet you at my place in thirty minutes," he said, struggling not to groan aloud when her big toe reached the seam of his crotch.

He took her foot gently in his hand and removed it from his person with a slight smile. "Go."

Lacey turned a slight red trying to hold back a triumphant grin as she followed his command, slipping her shoe back on and leaving his desk.

~*~

True to his word he arrived at his home in thirty minutes with the box of case files in tow. Lacey was waiting for him inside of her vehicle in front of his house. They both exited their cars at the same time it seemed. This amused Andrew greatly even though he was slightly upset by her behavior in his office.

While he didn't mind his relationship with Lacey being as intimate as it was, he was by far uninterested in taking it any further right now. He knew she liked him more than he liked her—it wasn't like she made it a secret either—and didn't want her to think that is was going to transform into something more so soon. It was just sex between them until he figured out what he wanted, and he wanted to make sure that she remembered that tonight. Her demands were becoming quite insistent and he didn't like that very much. It made him feel pressured.

Lacey's voice broke into his thoughts as they entered his house. "This place still looks the same. Messy as ever," she sang with humor.

Andrew dropped the box of files on the kitchen table that was riddled with bills and sales papers. He took a look around and she was right. "Yeah." Clothes, dirty and clean, seemed to be everywhere. He really should hire a maid to clean up his place; he remembered that there was a pile of dishes in the sink with his name on it. Since becoming lieutenant he barely had time to keep the house clean.

"If you gave me a key to your place like I gave you a key to mine, I could have this place cleaned up in no time," Lacey murmured nonchalant with a slight tinge to her voice, bending over to pick up a pair of boxer briefs from the hardwood floor and tossed them onto a pile of clothes.

"Now you know that is never going to happen. And I gave it back to you," he said while unbuckling his belt.

That's right; she recalled seeing it in her desk a few days ago. She realized that Andrew enjoyed being brutally honest and it did kind of hurt her feelings that he didn't want her to have a key to his house even though they practically fucked on a regular. Maybe giving him a key to her place wasn't such a good idea. It was most likely too soon to do something foolish like that.

Still, for some reason she had the feeling that he wasn't telling her something that she absolutely needed to know. His words just now, even though she knew the truth in them was real, chipped at something in her making her livid. She balled her fists and cocked her head to the side, annoyance boiling to the surface, but then Lacey heard the buckle of his belt coming undone and the zipper of his fly come down completed by the sound of his slacks audibly falling around his ankles on the floor.

"Hmm," she shrugged. Despite herself she smiled, feeling glad that he at least still wanted her.

"Come over here," he commanded in a husky voice that sent a shiver of excitement down her spine.

Lacey turned around feeling her pussy getting wet instantly. She had removed her underwear while in her car. He was unbuttoning his shirt now, getting fully naked in front her exposing his broad chest and muscular shoulders. Her gaze traveled hungrily down the sinews of his abs, falling on the healed bullet wound on his hip. She walked to him in great haste and quickly fell to her knees in front of him, and as gently as she could, ran her fingertips up his massive toned thighs. Up she went finally stopping at the elastic of his boxers slipping her fingers underneath the snug band around his waist and pulled them down.

His dick sprang forth, almost hitting her in the nose. She took the smooth and velvety instrument in her small hand, stroking the pink mushroomed head spreading his clear shiny juice. But she didn't want to waste time admiring him. That's just not the type of lover he was, so, Lacey snaked her tongue out to lap at him.

As always Andrew gasped and as always Lacey moaned delighting in the taste of him on her tongue. It was warm, tasting sweet and briny reminding her of a ripe mango sprinkled with salt, firm and tangy to her taste buds.

"Oh yes, Lace. That's good," he hissed. When she looked up at him his eyes were squeezed shut and she smiled on the inside. She pushed further until her lips were closed around him, jaws aching, nose pressed into his curly mass of brown pubic hairs, and the tip of his dick probing the back of her throat. Pressing her tongue against the bottom of him she began to move her head back and forth vigorously. Her hand slipped under her skirt and she felt how wet her cunt had become because of him. He always turned her on.

Andrew gripped his hands into her hair gently guiding her on. It felt so good that he actually berated himself mentally for staying away from her for so long. He had almost forgotten how good it felt when this woman wrapped her lips around his penis and sucked with just the right amount of pressure.

He glanced down at Lacey through the haze of her intoxicating ministrations as one of her hands came up to wrap around his shaft moving with a slight delay in synchronization with her mouth. Her soft warm tongue and the pressure of tiny hand pumping him threatened to knock him off balance, as he groaned and continued running his hands through her hair. He wasn't ready to come yet, so he reached down and began kneading one of her tits to distract her.

She moaned on the head of his throbbing dick. Lacey had a thin frame, fair skin, and small tits that didn't seem to bother him, which made her happy. She liked the way his whole hand fit around just one completely, turning her on even more.

He noticed belatedly when Lacey had stopped sucking him and stood up unbuttoning her shirt, his lust heightening as she came into view. Her shirt came off followed by her bra revealing the two small pert orbs and hard-tipped rosebuds and his eyes lit up happily at the beautiful sight. She was in the middle of unzipping her skirt when his hands grasped her hips and forcibly pulled her against his body to feel her hardened nipples rub against his chest.