There's Something About Katy

Story Info
It's always the quiet ones...
5.8k words
4.3
46.8k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come on guys just a couple more."

I grunted in response forcing the heavy barbell over my head, sweat pouring down my forehead.

"Well done guys that was really good."

I sat up and put the bar down looking at the rest of the class. Wow what a dead bunch. Frankly it had been a flat class, the teacher Katy spoke in a quiet, wispy voice that was kind of demotivating and most people in this weights class were in dire need of conditioning lacking any sense of personality or desire.

"Ok well lets warm down, grab your hamstring..."

But nobody was listening the next class had already started flooding in ignorant of the fact Katy was still teaching. I urged her to say something, to stand up for herself. But no. She just stood there helplessly wringing her hands. People were putting their weights away creating a loud clatter. The rudeness of people never failed to disappoint me. I put my bar back and grabbed my towel mopping my soaking brow. My yellow t-shirt clung to my skin, my black Adidas shorts moist with perspiration. I headed for the showers.

Katy must have rushed out pretty quick, goodness knows why they always let her cover it – numbers were low and the response she got was minimal. In fairness to her she wasn't that bad, as a weightlifting class it was perfect for me but most of the others found it too hard and wanted more time to lie on a mat pretending to do sit-ups.

I showered enjoying the cool water against my feverish skin. Fair play to Katy she had worked us hard. I pulled on my black jogging trousers and a white Nike t-shirt slinging my grey hoodie over my shoulder. I climbed the stairs two at a time; the gym always gave me a real spring in my step.

It was cool outside. Cooler than I expected. I stopped, dropping my gym bag to the ground next to the gym entrance and pulled on the grey hoodie appreciating the warmth of the cotton. I picked up my gym bag but stopped in my tracks.

Katy was crouched down over a hideous furry leopard print bag. Vintage probably. I hated that term. What did it mean? I had never seen anything remotely attractive that was vintage. Katy seemed to shop vintage only. She always wore an eclectic range of mismatched items that seldom suited her. Take right now for example: she was wearing brown cowboy boots that cut above the ankle with black tights and a tight red skirt that must have been a kids size because it didn't even reach her knees. She had some sort of stripy zebra patterned cardigan which in fact was quite nice but still looked odd when combined with the outfit as a whole particularly when you accounted for her red hair which was tied back messily into a sort of bun.

I felt bad for her after the class and well she just looked so pitiful crouched over her bag.

"Hey Katy are you alright?"

She fell backwards in shock turning to me clearly flustered.

"Katy I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you!"

She hurriedly got to her feet self-consciously brushing non-existent dirt from her cardigan.

"N-no it's quite ok – I'm sorry I was just trying to find something... I..."

"I just wanted to say thanks for the class I really feel like I worked. It was a proper weights class I wish there were more like that"

"You liked it? Seriously?"

"Yeah seriously it was challenging, exactly what it should be."

"What about the others though they didn't seem to like it did they?"

"I wouldn't worry about them Katy, seriously they're always like that. It's a dead bunch of people there's nothing that you could do"

She smiled a little but still seemed deeply upset and so downbeat it showed in every part of her. I guessed she was in her forties; her skin carried a wearied fragility to it, her soft brown eyes forlorn and despondent. It was a shame really as she had a certain cuteness to her: delicate cheekbones, a small button nose and thin lips that she constantly kept biting. Combine this with her haphazardly arranged hair and mismatched attire it really was impossible for you not to pity her. At this exact moment I honestly wanted to hug her and tell her it would get better.

She had turned to her bag again but didn't appear to be having any more success in finding what she was looking for.

"Any luck?" I asked her when she ceased her rummaging.

"No." She replied with a hopeless air.

"What are you looking for?"

"I thought I'd brought my jumper and scarf but I must have left them at school."

Yes, that was right, she taught at a private school in Soho. Primary I think. I struggled to imagine how she could garner the respect of little brats when she failed to gain any from adults at the gym.

It had started to drizzle and black clouds loomed ominously overhead.

"Hey Katy do you fancy going for a coffee of something?"

"Huh? No. I mean no I'm sorry I just...I should get home."

"Come on it's raining let me buy you a cup of coffee at least until it stops."

She looked uncertainly back at me.

"We can talk about how irritating the guy in the white shirt is as the front..."

She smiled.

"Ok then where were you thinking?"

"There's a nice café around the corner from here."

"Ok lets go there then."

"Here take my hoodie, at least until we get there."

She shook her head but I insisted.

"Thank you" She whispered.

It was a cold evening for September, when the sun was out it was warm but as soon as it went in you knew summer was over and autumn approached.

"Pretty cold isn't it?" I remarked rubbing my hands together.

"Y-yes, yes it is...Nik take your jumper back you must be freezing."

"No don't be silly I'm fine, I'm still warm from the class y'know?"

"I wasn't going to take it today but Adrian had nobody else so I felt I had to..."

"Here we are."

I held the door open and she hurried inside mumbling a breathless thank you. I liked the place a lot. Café de Florentine was a great blend of modern and old: all dark mahogany, soft light emitting from oval glass lamps and warm, cosy booths cosseted away in the seemingly endless expanse of the room itself.

"This place is wonderful how did you find it?" Katy asked breathlessly.

"I stumbled upon it a couple of weeks ago, it's still kind of unknown you know in that stage between being secret underground and mainstream underground."

"I've never seen anywhere quite like it."

"No neither have I, that's what I love about it."

We walked further in towards the counter. That was what struck me most about the place, the counter was filled with cakes of all shapes and sizes but the menus and staff wouldn't have looked out of place at Starbucks. Come to think of it Starbucks probably owned it – they did own everything after all.

"What do you want?"

"Oh just a cup of tea please."

"What kind?"

"Oh um..."

"I'd recommend the Chai it's terrific here."

"Erm well ok then."

"Two Chai's and a slice of the coconut drizzle cake please."

The faceless guy behind the bar silently placed the cake on an ivory gold rimmed plate and then a soft whirring and two Chai's sat on the counter.

5.23

"Thanks."

I handed him the exact change and handed Katy her drink. The server remained silent moving back into the shadows. I led the way over to a far corner of the room I liked: it was a comfortable booth with soft plush raised armchairs that curved around a mahogany table that had one lone blue lamp in the centre emitting a smoky glow.

I sat down placing my gym bag under the table. Katy squeezed into the booth opposite and sat down rustling in her bag.

"How much was it Nik?"

"No Katy it's cool don't worry about it."

"No I can't let you do that here you go."

She held out a five pound note. I took her fingers gently and closed them over the note.

"Katy I said it's on me put your money away."

She looked at me as if deciding whether to argue but thought better of it putting her money away.

"Thanks Nik that's really kind of you."

"Your more than welcome."

"How did you know how much it was?"

"Oh it said on the till."

"Doesn't he speak?"

"None of the staff speak it's a little disconcerting at first but you get used to it."

"B-but why?"

"I really don't know. I kinda see it like a reaction against the fake chatter that you get at other café's, you know like in Starbucks where they ask your name and there's this pseudo friendly manner and everything...or maybe they're just rude... I don't know!"

Katy laughed. She was visibly relaxing her shoulders no longer hunched. She was so fragile it was as if you could blow her over. She sipped her tea.

"Mmm it's really good."

"I love it they get it just right."

A few minutes of silence passed. I finished my cake enjoying every mouthful of the silky coconut flavour.

"So how's school treating you?"

She looked up from her mug and sighed.

"It's ok I guess."

My face must have looked doubtful because she continued.

"It's another term and another year and it's September. It's hard to see the end in sight."

"And Samuel and Bella?"

Samuel and Bella were her kids, 11 and 7 I think.

"Samuel's just started up at Winchester and Bella's away on a trip in Norfolk."

"Winchester is a boarding school right?"

She nodded.

"How about you? Are your parents ok?"

"Not great to be honest. You know since I left home there isn't really anything holding them together anymore."

She bit her lip and looked away.

"What's wrong Katy?"

"Nothing Nik sorry carry on." She didn't look up though.

"I'm at a loss to know what to do really I mean if two people have nothing in common anymore what can you do?"

Katy didn't respond. She brushed her eye with a tissue continuing to look at the table.

"You sure you're ok Katy?"

"I-I don't know Nik."

I was taken aback by her honesty.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No it's ok really."

"It's not ok, come on try me I may not be many things but I am a good listener"

She hesitated.

"I just...feel so alone. Every day is the same you know with getting the kids ready for school, then teaching and then I have to cook when I get back. And Phil..."

Phil was her partner, a douchebag who never proposed and lived off her hard work. She taught as well as being a gym instructor whilst he was a couch potato.

"What about him?"

She hesitated for a moment.

"Well...last night we were meant to go out for dinner I was really looking forward to it I even bought a new dress. I got home, cooked for the kids, arranged the babysitter, got dressed up and when I came out he said he wasn't in the mood. He said he'd pay the babysitter and we'd go out some other night. And maybe I'm overreacting but it hurt you know, like there was finally something to look forward to and it didn't happen"

"So what did you do?"

"We watched television in silence, it was just this terrible atmosphere and...I didn't know what to say...we don't have anything to say to each other any more"

"He's well out of order Katy you deserve a lot better"

"Thank you Nik but I don't know maybe it's me...I don't think he finds me attractive any more if he ever did in the first place..."

"Well I don't know why"

"No it's ok I know I'm not attractive but he barely looks at me let alone touches me..."

"Katy don't be so down on yourself you are attractive."

She shook her head dispiritedly.

"Who thinks so?"

"I do."

Her head shot up trying to determine whether I was taking the piss or not.

"You're really sweet Nik."

"Katy you have a better body than pretty much every twenty-something in the gym."

"You think so?"

"Yes I really do."

She blushed a light shade of red. The blue lamp illuminated the crumpled misery that had always threatened to break out. I smiled reassuringly at her.

"I do try to make an effort, it's not much but last night I really wanted to go out and do something different but..."

"Katy can't you see this is not your fault, it's him and him alone."

"Hmm maybe...I'm not sure. I know I've let myself go a little lately..."

I stared at her incredulous.

"Katy come on how have you let yourself go? How many classes do you do a week?"

She didn't answer.

"You look good Katy, seriously. And if Phil can't see that then, well..."

I trailed off. I didn't want to slam the guy behind his back and I wasn't sure how Katy would take it. She pushed her mug to one side and stared at me intently.

"Nik you're sweet but look at my hair! It's a mess! And my make up has worn off...dear me."

"Ok Katy I'm not going to go on but just take my word for it, you are attractive. Now, do you want another Chai?"

She ignored my question leaning over the table slightly so that the v neck of her cardigan slipped a little revealing a line of cleavage over her red strappy gym vest that she wore underneath.

"What do you see that I cannot?"

Erm.

"I want to know Nik so at least I'll have some idea of...well what could I work on?"

I couldn't tear my eyes away from her top. I was speechless.

She fell back into the plush cushions of her chair deflated.

"Never mind."

I dragged myself out of my trance.

"Katy do you want me to be really honest?"

She nodded leaning forward again.

"You've got a great body Katy, you're cute and..."

She noticed where I was looking but didn't move. Instead she unbuttoned her cardigan and slipped it off onto the armrest of the chair.

I breathed out. Her strappy red vest clung to her skin.

"Is that better?"

"Er y-yes" I choked out.

She lifted the hem of the vest uncertainly as if she was considering where to go next. I felt a rise in my boxers. The café was deadly quiet, there appeared to be nobody around but then that was what the place always felt like. She lifted the hem higher revealing her perfect washboard abs so tight you could bounce a ping pong ball off them. She leaned over the table driving her pupils into mine and at that moment I saw the desperation, the longing, the deep rooted urges that had long lain dormant. I leaned into her, hovering inches from her lips. She took the initiative locking her dry lips into mine grabbing the back of my head as she did so. It was a breathless kiss. Actually it was more of a last draw of oxygen than a kiss. Finally she pulled away breathing hard.

"Wow!"

She smiled embarrassedly. And then for what seemed like an eternity we just sat there, fierce electricity crackling in the roaming shadows. The blue light flickered across Katy's face illuminating her pale fractured complexion her soft brown eyes a bottomless pit of despair. Suddenly she reached for her cardigan pulling it on as she slid out the booth.

What? Clearly I'd misjudged this one. I slumped back in my chair feeling all that pent up energy and anticipation dissipating into the musky air. Even my member sank his head in disappointment.

I reached for my gym bag but as I did so Katy's hand grabbed my arm.

"Katy! What is it?"

She motioned for me to follow her. I yanked my bag up off the floor and hurriedly followed behind as she almost floated down the long winding velvet carpet to the crack of light blazing its trail in the seemingly endless distance.

And then there was light.

So not that endless after all. I had expected it to be a lot darker but inspecting my phone I saw it was only 7.30. It was bloody freezing though. Looking at Café de Florentine from the outside you wouldn't even notice it if you walked past. It blended into the other buildings like it was a block of flats. Come to think of it where was the name? Or the entrance for that matter? I shook my head. How did I even find the place? I had told Katy that I'd found it some weeks ago but when? My head was a mess. The hot, sweetly scented air that permeated Café de Florentine hung tantalisingly around us. Us. Where was Katy?

I turned and saw her hailing a taxi. Well thanks for telling me! I jogged over.

"Hey Katy - "

I broke off. She held the door open beckoning for me to get in.

"Come on mate."

The taxi driver's voice broke my trance. I jumped in and sat opposite Katy.

"Ok where do you wanna go?"

"Narrington Avenue p-please" Katy stammered shakily.

"Alright then."

The taxi sped off into a haze of amber streetlights visible through the steamy windows. Should I have told the driver to drop me off at the station? No. Drop Katy off and then worry about that. I'll probably get lumbered with the fare as well. Sigh. As per usual the meter had started to shoot up as soon as we started moving. What pissed me off more than anything was how it never started at 0.00 but something like 3.80. Unbelievable.

I looked across at Katy. She looked anxious fretting over nothing in particular her gaze swivelling awkwardly to avoid mine. I touched her knee gently trying to calm her down. She flinched pulling her knee away. I sank back dispiritedly.

I stared out into the misty night with a sigh. Where had I gone wrong? She had a partner of course but that was a loveless coupling if there ever was one. And a kid. Yes that was true. Maybe it was for the best. But what about her? Does she have to wait until her kids grow up and leave home to finally be able to be happy again? How do you resist those urges for that long? What do they manifest into?

Absent-mindedly I turned my gaze back to her. She looked straight back at me blushing as she did so. She bit her lip nervously. She opened her legs apart a little causing her skirt to rise up her thigh. My member uncurled slightly. Ever so slowly her dainty little fingers unbuttoned her cardigan one by one leaving the last one. Her red vest was moist with perspiration. She trailed her fingers along the striped hem of her cardigan lifting it barely an inch to show a flash of skin. My member began to unravel. Her fingers danced lower down her waist to her skirt. I breathed out slowly. Her fingers eased down further reaching –

"Alright that'll be £24 mate."

Fuck! Katy jolted upright grabbing her bag in such a rush that her purse fell into the seat next to her. She hurriedly grabbed it and clicked the door open. So I was paying then. Great. I pushed two tenner's and a fiver through to the driver and jumped out into the cold still of night.

Katy was rushing to the door of a whitewashed two floor house identical to both houses adjacent.

"Katy, wait up!"

I sprinted over just as she was about to close the door.

"Katy! What's wrong?"

"Ssh...the neighbours might hear you!"

"Oh...sorry I didn't realise...I-I..."

The door clicked shut. Wow. This was beyond teasing. It had gotten colder and Katy still had my hoodie. Suddenly the door clicked open.

"Come in."

I gratefully stepped over the threshold into a neatly arranged hallway: a coat stand leant against the cream wallpaper, shoes of varying sizes lay in perfect order alongside the wall and an admittedly hideous floral carpet stretched down into the next room. My first thought was how impersonal it all was. Katy was wringing her hands frantically.

"Uh Katy?"

She raced upstairs as if terrified by the sound of my voice. This was weird. I took the stairs two at a time. There were three white doors but only one was ajar. I knocked on it softly creeping it open slowly.

Katy sat on a pristine white queen bed. The room was sparse like a hotel room. Two bedside tables, a large white cabinet, a dressing table and mirror and a door in the corner I figured was a bathroom. Everything was so white and clean it felt like something out of a fairytale. But the queen was bedraggled and broken. Maybe that was why Katy dressed like she did to break out of the staid perfection of her home.

I dropped my gym bag and sat beside her and hugged her tightly. She collapsed into my chest sobbing uncontrollably.

"Ssh it's ok...it's ok...I'm here...it's ok."

I continued to whisper sweet nothings to her hoping they would soothe her. Her sobs eventually subsided to leave the sound of hoarse shallow breaths.

12