They Walk Among Us Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

When they reached the site of the massacre, Kevin felt like throwing up as he checked the bodies for traps. When he found none he signaled to Adam that the area was safe.

"Alpha check in," Adam called out.

Over his earpiece he heard the reports come in.

"Overlook clear," V-man said.

"Clear left."

"Clear right."

"Tails good," Carl radioed in.

"Alpha squad, regroup on me," he told them.

The team began to gather around Adam Dawson. When Bob came in from the left side he came upon Jim Jenkins' mutilated body.

"Holy – mother – of – God! What in the fuck happened?" he exclaimed as he starred at him.

"Everyone look around, Pete's not among them," Adam told his team.

"Bob, get on the radio and let base know where we are," he told him.

Chief Bob Holiday could only stare at the bodies that lay scattered around.

"Chief – God damn it get a move on – now!" he yelled at him.

"Sorry boss, I'm on it," he apologized as he pulled the handset to the radio out.

Kevin knelt down by his fellow point man Frank Griffin. His head was barely attached and the pool of blood that surrounded him was soaking into the dirt. That's when he saw them. Large paw prints smashed into the dirt that wasn't soaked with blood. He surveyed the area and found even more. Quickly he looked at the bodies, not that they were dead, but the similar injuries they all had.

When he saw that the prints became human by a large tree he inhaled deeply and then quickly looked down the path they had come through. A cold chill ran up his spin as he realized what they were now up against. Looking back down at the base of the tree he found three 9mm shell casings from presumably Peter Newman's MP5.

When he checked the other bodies, the only indication of someone fighting back was Andy Stall who got off four rounds. Since they put up very little of a fight he knew that the werewolf was extremely quick and most likely a large male with experience in killing. His thoughts about the werewolf were interrupted by the voice of Lieutenant Dawson.

"Kev, I know this is hard your first time out, but I need you to focus on the mission. Any sign of what might have happened to Newman?" he asked.

"Yes Sir. It seems he went down over by that tree but got off a three round burst. Who ever got him went down the trail we came in on and down that path I found the foot prints at. My guess is he's somewhere in town," Kevin told him.

"Any idea on what did this," he asked him.

"None that makes sense Sir," he replied.

"I'm open for suggestions Dvorska. A whole fire team is dead and one is missing," Dawson said sternly.

"Some kind of animal, maybe a pissed of bear or some dogs," Kevin lied.

"Not the kind of answers I'm looking for Kevin. Keep looking and see if you can find anything useful," Adam told him as he turned around to his radio operator.

"Bob, give me the handset," Adam said.

Adam Dawson pressed the mike key but didn't exactly know what to say to his CO.

"Eagle base, Eagle base – this is place kicker," he said.

"Place kicker this is Eagle base – go," the operator replied.

Adam Dawson paused, how in the hell was he going to broadcast a message that an entire Seal fire team was torn apart – literally.

"This is Eagle base – go ahead place kicker," the operator prompted.

"Eagle base – the starting line is down and the quarterback is missing. I repeat the starting line is – down – and the quarterback is missing," he said as he himself was starting to loose it.

There was a long pause and then he heard Lieutenant Commander Hawkins voice come over the airway.

"Eagle base copies all. Secure the field and get the starting line to the locker room. Pick up in one hour at grid 297 bravo. How do you copy?" Hawkins said.

"Place kicker copies. Grid 297 bravo in one," Adam replied and then gave the handset back to Bob Holiday.

"Chief, get them bagged up and ready to move. Kevin and I will provide security for the extract, let's get it done," he told him.

"Yes Sir. You heard the man, move it," Bob said to the others.

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. I'm trying to get better at describing the action scenes so you'll have to bear (or wolf really) with me as I try to improve myself. Thanks to everyone who sent me feedback. Please remember to vote and leave me a little note to let me know what you thought. Enjoy the journey.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers