Thin Walls Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ericahope
ericahope
134 Followers

Liz smelled coffee brewing and eggs frying as she entered the living area. Perfect. Apparently, Darren and Carrie hadn't come out yet. She slipped up behind Ben as he stood at the stove and wrapped her arms around his chest, kissing the back of his neck. As she did so, their friends emerged from their room. Liz broke away from Ben and they all exchanged morning greetings. Liz noticed Darren and Carrie had made more of an effort to get ready for the day than they had; they'd obviously taken showers and Carrie had put on a bit of make-up.

"Sorry I look so rumpled, I definitely have the just-rolled-out-of-bed look," Liz joked as she ran a hand through her matted, tangled hair.

Carrie smiled, "More like the just-been-fucked look!" She and Darren exchanged knowing glances and laughed.

Liz felt her face go red, but she laughed too. "Was it that obvious?" she asked, playing coy.

Ben remained silent, facing the stove to hide his embarrassment. "Don't worry buddy, what happens in New Hampshire stays in New Hampshire," said Darren giving Ben a friendly chuck on the shoulder as he walked by to get himself a cup of coffee.

"Thin walls," giggled Carrie.

"Soooo...new subject," said Ben with a grin. "Who wants toast?"

After breakfast was done, over coffee the couples decided that because they'd gone through two-thirds of their wine on the first night and that the kitchen was missing a few key items, Ben and Darren would take the snowmobiles to the corner store, assuming it was open, and refresh their supplies. Liz made the assumption that it was more of an excuse for the guys to ride snowmobiles than anything else. They hoped that by the afternoon the snow would have slowed down enough that the four of them could take out the cross-country skis they had brought with them.

Before leaving Darren checked his cell-phone signal and noted he was able to get at least one bar in case they ran into trouble. The women watched from the window as their husbands trudged through the snow to the shed out back. They saw them pull the machines out into the snow. Darren switched one on and it started right up. The other took a couple tries, but after they were both humming smoothly they took off down the road.

"Oh, they'll have fun," said Carrie, sipping her coffee.

"And I'm more than happy to stay where it's warm," said Liz. Carrie nodded.

"Darren thinks a lot of Ben," said Carrie after a pause. "It might not show, but he speaks highly of him to me. I think there's a lot of respect there."

"Really, that's sweet," replied Liz. "Aw, man-love, so cute," she giggled. "I think Ben enjoys hanging out with him too...," she paused at this, then continued, "but I think he feels a little awkward at times...you know...because of Darren's and my history." She took a sip of coffee and rested her elbows on the counter, leaning closer to Carrie as if to tell her a secret. "Ben teases me about it sometimes, and I tease him back, but I don't go too far...I think he's still a little sensitive. Worried he won't measure up or something. It's not like I ever really compare them. It was so long ago anyway." She then demurred, realizing that it wasn't just her former boyfriend she was talking about, but Carrie's husband.

"Yeah," Carrie responded, "Darren never talks about it." Liz wasn't sure how to take that, but chalked it up to Carrie trying to reassure her that it wasn't an issue to Darren or her. She decided to divert.

"Well, you're certainly a lucky lady," grinned Liz.

"Oh, I am...things are going well so far...since the wedding and all," said Carrie. "How are things with you and Ben?"

"Oh, they're good. Definitely good. After the first year or so the honeymoon period kind of ends and you realize that real married life has started. You start thinking about actually making good on all the plans you've made. Talking about kids. You know...It's different, but good," Liz said hoping her sincerity would show through to her friend.

"Sex still good?" Carrie asked point-blank.

Liz laughed, "Didn't you hear?"

Carrie giggled. "Well, it certainly sounded good."

"It is, although...," Liz paused, putting her plan in action, "I'm always open to improvement...you know, mixing things up a bit."

"Some extra spice," nodded Carrie leaning forward smiling, clearly interested in the direction Liz had chosen.

"Exactly. I mean, he always makes sure I'm satisfied. I'm not complaining about the frequency or the satisfaction of my orgasms or something," she blushed as she said the O word. Carrie giggled again. "Just that...last night...it was hot! After hearing you two enjoying yourselves, it just got us so passionate...Ben was just a little more...into it."

"You could hear us too?" Carrie asked her with a coy smile. Liz realized she'd just let the cat out of the bag.

"Did I just say that?" she giggled. "Yes, as you know, these rooms aren't exactly soundproof."

"Good, I was hoping you might," said Carrie with a wink. "I could tell you needed some spicing up. Some inspiration."

"Oh my, well it worked! And clearly the honeymoon bliss hasn't worn off for you two yet."

Carrie stayed silent for a second, as if in thought. Then she said, "I think you and Ben need to take this weekend and try a few new things. Kinda like how sex in a new hotel room is always a little hotter then back home in your usual bed. You can always go back to that old bed and enjoy yourself, but step out a little here. Take advantage of all there is on offer here Liz...". Callie's voice trailed off and she smiled, looking into Liz's eyes.

Liz felt her face flush a bit again. "That sounds like a good idea."

"And I'll try to help you," said Carrie as she reached out and patted her friend's hand as a sly grin spread across her face.

*******************

By the time the guys returned an hour and a half later, the snow had moved from the morning's storm ferocity to a gentle snowfall. The wind was absent. Liz watched Darren and Ben stow the machines in the shed and make their way to the house with a couple bags of groceries. "How was it?" she asked once they'd gotten their coats and boots off and come into the kitchen area.

"A lot of fun," Ben replied, his face red from the cold. "Windy and cold, but great fun. There's gotta be at least a foot and half out there now."

"Thanks for making the trip out," Liz said sweetly, squeezing Ben's arm.

"What'd ya'll do while we were gone?" asked Darren.

"Oh, just talked," said Carrie. "Girl stuff." She walked past Darren to the sink, swaying her hips in a saucy manner. Liz noticed Ben looking at her. She wasn't put off, but realized she'd never noticed Ben even give Carrie so much as a second look before now.

Darren knew enough not to press Carrie for more information. "We were talking, once we warm up a bit it'd be a good time to take the skis out. The wind has died down. It's not bad." Their wives agreed.

*******************************

After about thirty minutes of cross-country skiing, Liz realized she probably should have brought some sort of snow pants. The snow had gotten so deep in parts that her boots didn't keep her jeans from getting snowy and wet. The rest of the group was having the same problem. They had set out from the house on the snow covered road using the snowmobile tracks as a path. It was pretty easy going once they got the hang of it. But then they had turned off the road onto what must have been a hiking trail and found the fresh powder a little harder going. It required much more effort to move forward, and she was a little more unsteady. Liz had fallen a couple times, as had the others. But they pressed on because of the beautiful scenery. It was so still and quiet. Other than the swishing of their skis, there was no other noise.

A little while on they came to the stop of a steep hill. It looked like there was an open field at the bottom. Darren took off, getting up a head of steam to go down the hill. As his speed increased, he tucked his skis under his arms mimicking a downhill skier. "What a goof," Carrie laughed.

Ben took off next, pushing off with his skis and headed down the hill after Darren. Carrie went next and then Liz. It was a relief to Liz to be going downhill. She realized how tired her arms were once they stopped having to work. She glided down the hill, picking up a decent amount of speed. She could see the other three at the bottom of the hill. They'd stopped and were looking out across the field. As she got closer she realized it wasn't a field, but a frozen pond. That's why they'd stopped. She figured she'd better slow down, and started dragging her poles and trying to turn her skis, but that only caused the tips to angle in. She realized, too late, they were going to be crossed and tangled up. As she neared the group, she needed to lose speed or end up on the ice. The skis crossed and she stumbled. Ben could see what was happening and reached out to grab her. He got one of her arms, but this twisted her around and pulled him down with her. As she spun she hit one of the others and felt herself fall. She felt someone, it must have been Ben, fall on top of her, and then the wind got knocked out of her. Her fall had been cushioned by the snow and by a body underneath her. She opened her eyes to see Darren's face an inch or two from hers. She was on top of him and Ben was struggling to get off of her.

"You okay there Liz?" Darren asked.

Liz tried to respond, but couldn't get her breath. She nodded. Darren's eyes caught hers for a second or two and her mind drifted back to other times. But then she felt Ben and Carrie trying to help her up. She let them raise her, rather than trying to push up with skis, which would have only made it harder. As she stood, she remained doubled over for a bit; her chest hurt. Gradually she regained her wind and smiled at the concerned group.

"I'll be fine," she assured them. "Just lost my breath there. Sorry about that." They reassured her it was fine and took the time to rest, realizing that, not trusting the ice to hold them, there was no other option but to head back up the hill.

By the time the group made it back to the house they were not only exhausted, but their jeans were soaked from the knees down and they all had wet spots on their rears where they had fallen. They deposited their skis and poles on the front porch and hurried into the mud room to warm up. They took off their boots and hung up their coats. "I'm just going to throw my pants and socks in the dryer right now," said Darren as he unbuttoned his jeans and pushed them down his legs leaving his briefs on. "Avert your eyes ladies," he joked.

"Oh my virgin eyes," joked Carrie. "We might as well," she said as she shot Liz a glance of encouragement. "We're all friends here," she added.

Liz hesitated, but as Carrie unbuttoned her own jeans and pulled them down her legs, she mustered up some courage and undid her own jeans. She watched as her husband did the same. Liz noted that Carrie didn't seem the least bit self-conscious. After she tossed her jeans in the dryer she took her time pulling her socks off and throwing them in there as well. Liz was worried she might go further and remove her panties too, but she held onto a bit of modesty and left those on. Liz also noticed that Ben was only making a perfunctory effort to avert his eyes.

Liz made a point of stepping between her husband and Carrie as she put her jeans and socks in the dryer, substituting her own panty-clad bum for Carrie's in Ben's field of vision, playfully blocking his view. Being close quarters, Darren had to squeeze between his wife and Liz. "Excuse me ladies," he said as he turned sideways to slip between them. Liz gasped as she felt something brush up against her butt. What that Darren's...? she wondered to herself.

Once Darren and Carrie had left the mud room, she and Ben exchanged looks as if to say "that was a little unexpected." She took his jeans and, after putting them in the dryer, turned it on. Without further discussion, they walked to their room to get dry, comfy clothes, following Carrie and Darren down the hallway, both admiring the underwear-clad rears of the couple in front of them.

*****************************

"How far did Carrie want to take this?" was the question that kept popping into Liz's head as she dried herself off after her shower. Carrie's actions in the mud room had come as a surprise. Liz knew Carrie was a little bolder than her when it came to things sexual in nature, but she wondered where this was going. Liz had assumed Carrie might just make a few comments about sex for Ben's benefit and then Liz would take it from there in private. She hadn't expected Carrie to take her pants off in front of her husband. She was apprehensive, but at the same time, giddy with anticipation. She wrapped her towel around her wet hair and walked into the bedroom to dress. As she pulled her underwear up her legs, she could already tell she was going to be sore from the workout she'd gotten on the skis. Liz put on a pair of casual, yoga-style pants and a sweatshirt and went out into the main room to find Ben kneeling by the hearth getting a fire started and Darren and Carrie preparing dinner.

"Do you all need any help?" she asked them.

"No, no...we've got it taken care of," replied Carrie. "It's easy. Stir-fry. You sit down and relax." She brought over two wine glasses for Ben and Liz and placed them on the coffee table as Liz sat on the couch, throwing her sock-covered feet up over the arm. "Wine?" Carrie offered.

Liz and Ben signaled assent. "Enjoy...dinner will be ready in a minute or two," said Carrie as she leaned over and poured some white wine into their glasses. Liz couldn't be sure, but had Carrie just given Ben a long look at her cleavage? She noticed Carrie was wearing a very loose-fitting shirt with a low v-neck and had leaned over the glasses facing directly at Ben. If Ben had noticed, he hadn't let on. He clinked glasses with his wife and they smiled at each other over the rims.

*************************

"So tomorrow," said Darren as he helped himself to a second service of stir-fry, "Since the snow's stopped, I'm thinking we try and take the snowmobiles further up the mountain...see if there's some good views up there."

"Depends on whether it's clear," said Ben.

"So what do we do?" asked Liz, a little perturbed.

"I'm sure we can find ways to amuse ourselves," said Carrie smiling at her.

"No, no," replied Darren, "we can fit two people on each machine. Unless you don't want to go."

"I'm going," said Liz emphatically. "I want to try it."

"Definitely," said Ben. "It's a blast."

Liz looked at Carrie. "If you don't want to go though, I could stay back."

"No, it'll be fun," said Carrie. "I didn't realize there was room for two more." Liz felt she looked a little downcast at the idea of going, but didn't say anything. Was she hoping the two girls might have some time to talk more without their husbands present, Liz wondered.

Darren took a sip of his beer. "The snowmobiles aren't as hard on your body as the skis. I don't know about you all but I'm sore already."

"Oh totally...my thighs and arms are aching," said Carrie as she speared a piece of broccoli with her fork.

"I could use a massage," said Liz.

"Ben, you've got a duty now!" said Carrie laughing. "Put that on your to-do list for when you get back to your bedroom."

"He gives excellent massages," said Liz, smiling and putting her hand on Ben's shoulder.

"Oh really," said Carrie slyly. "Care to share?"

The women laughed and the guys flashed nervous smiles.

"What do I get out of it?" asked Liz, playing along with the joke.

"More importantly, what do I?" asked Ben laughing.

"Okay, stop right there," said Liz with a big smile on her face waving her hand across her body. "He's all mine this evening," she said as she placed her hand on Ben's thigh, giving it a squeeze under the table. "No more negotiations."

"Aw, come on hun, we just started them," Ben joked.

Carrie and Darren laughed. "And then I'd have to sleep on the couch," said Darren. "And I'm not doing that."

"He's that good, huh Liz?" asked Carrie, pressing the issue.

"Well, you said you heard last night, didn't you?" replied Liz.

"No silly, I meant his massages," said Carrie with a giggle. "Though I know where your mind was now." Liz blushed, laughed and took a long sip of wine.

"Anyway...," Darren said, to change the subject.

"So seriously guys," Carrie began, taking a sip of wine and leaning forward ignoring her husband's attempt to switch topics. "How do you keep things interesting?" Ben and Liz both paused and looked at her, not sure of exactly what she meant. "I mean, you've been married for longer than we have and clearly, you know, you are sexually compatible, how do you keep sex interesting?"

Liz noticed Ben lift his beer to take a sip, perhaps as a way to avoid being the one to speak first. She figured since it was Carrie who asked it was her role to respond anyway. "I don't know...it just works for us," she began, not sure what Carrie was really fishing for. "We try to have fun, not focus on making it perfect, but on making sure we satisfy each other. And, you know, fun sex begins outside the bedroom."

"You mean you do it in other rooms?" asked Carrie smiling.

"No, no...I mean good sex begins in how we treat each other outside the bedroom, then it's easy and fun once we get there," said Liz. "If I don't feel loved outside the bedroom, I'm not going to be into it in bed." She paused, very unsure whether she'd just taken the conversation in a far too serious direction.

Ben spoke up. "But to answer your question Carrie, yes, we do do it in other rooms." All four of them laughed this time. Liz rubbed her hand along Ben's thigh under the table, privately thanking him for lightening the mood.

"What's the most exotic, non-bedroom place?" asked Carrie with a mischievous grin.

"Now this is getting interesting," said Darren with a look to his wife.

Liz blushed. "You told them hunny," she said with a giggle and a look at Ben. "You answer this one."

"Hmmmm," said Ben..."I'd have to go with kitchen table."

"You mean the one we ate dinner on a couple weeks ago?" asked Darren.

"I swear, we do wipe things down on occasion," said Liz as they all laughed again. Liz could feel the wine getting to her. She was giddy and fuzzy-headed. Laughing was coming very easily.

"What about you all?" asked Ben.

"Definitely, the bath for me," said Carrie.

"Ooooh," said Liz. "Nice, ours isn't big enough for us to fool around too much in," she added, warming to the conversation. A brief image of a naked Darren and Carrie, embracing in the bathtub, with looks of ecstasy on their faces, passed though her mind. She felt a stirring inside herself and suppressed it for the moment.

"I prefer the attic," said Darren sarcastically. "You know, no climate control, plywood floors, bugs...it just does it for me."

They all burst out laughing, and Carrie hit her husband on the arm. "You're ridiculous!," she giggled.

The conversation paused for a second, the only sounds in the room came from the crackling fire. "Why don't we move over to the couches," suggested Carrie. The couples got up, taking their drinks with them and made their way over to the sitting area.

"I'm going to use the bathroom," said Ben. "Be right back."

"I should too," said Liz, as she followed him down the hall to their bedroom. She caught up with him as soon as they entered their room. She grabbed his hand from behind, saying "Come here...".

Ben turned to her and planted a kiss on her lips before she could speak. They kissed deeply, letting their tongues play. "You knew exactly what I wanted," Liz mumbled between kisses.

"You're enjoying that sexy talk?" teased Ben. "I'm looking forward to getting to bed tonight." Liz just kissed him again. They broke the kiss. "You can use the bathroom first...don't take too long or they'll think we're up to something."

ericahope
ericahope
134 Followers