Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 01

Story Info
Angel & Buffy meet up with one another.
2k words
3.36
18.1k
2
0

Part 1 of the 25 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 06/21/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
25 Followers

Author's Note: I'm taking a break from "What Happens Behind Closed Doors." I'll write new parts as soon as I get the inspiration.

1

Angel McKeon was the last child of the McKeon family to finally settle down. His family felt that at his age, which was, thirty was reasonable enough to start a family of his own. The woman that is his wife, his confidant and lover was the one and only Darla Morgan. Darla Morgan and Angel met in such interesting circumstances, which was their family. Angel's family was the prominent business company of McKeon Industries. McKeon Industries was knows throughout the world, but its primary headquarters was in Los Angeles. Though from time to time Angel would have to travel to Sunnydale or other parts of the US to represent McKeon Industries.

Though let's get back to Angel and Darla and how they first met. You'd think that when parents would set up a meeting for their son that he'd be somewhat thrilled. Well that wasn't the case. You'll see what I mean.

Angel was sitting in his office looking at the files on his desk when his parents entered the room. The interior of his office was carpeted, leather seating and a metal nameplate that was on his desk. There was a window behind Angel that overviewed the city of Los Angeles.

"Hello son," said the older male. Angel lifted his brown eyes to recognize his parents.

"Dad, Mom, why are you here?" he asked as he dropped his Mont Blanc pen on his desk.

"Can't a mother come and see her son?" Mrs. McKeon asked.

"Of course not, Mom," Angel said getting up from his seat and walked over to greet his parents. Angel leaned on his desk with his arms crossed on his chest. He knew that his parents were up to something because they rarely interrupted him at work unless it was important.

"Angel, we were thinking that maybe it was time that you settle down and leave your bachelor life."

"Really? Why is that? I'd really like to know," Angel said angered. His eyebrows turned into a frown.

"Well you're twenty eight and we both feel that you'd be suited with Darla Morgan."

"You're kidding right?! She's a bitch, stuck up and spoiled! There's no way I'm getting married to her," Angel said seriously looking straight at his father.

"Don't you dare say that about Darla Morgan! You have no right to say that about her. Her family has been great friends with ours for years."

"I don't care father. I'm not marrying her. She and I have nothing in common."

"Angel, listen to your father. He only wants what's best for you."

"Mom, I can't believe you're taking Dad's side on this."

"Angel, listen to me. When I first met your father, he and I never really knew each other and look at us now," she said caressing his cheek. He turned his face and leaned into his mother's hand. His mother would always caress his cheek whenever he would get upset.

"Mom, I can't marry. I don't love her," he said softly.

"Angel, I know that, but there's no other way. You have to. In due time you'll love Darla Morgan and build a family with her.

"I just can't."

"You're going to marry Darla. End of discussion," said Mr. McKeon.

"Fine. You want me to marry Darla Morgan? I'll do it." 'Though that doesn't mean that I have to love the bitch.'

"Good. That settles it."

That was two years ago. Since then Angel has been married to Darla. Though his marriage to her wasn't what he wanted. She wanted him by her side at all times and wasn't too thrilled about the female employees talking to him. She was getting suspicious and was wondering if Angel was having an affair behind her back. Then again if he did and she would get a bundle in the divorce settlement and her stocks at McKeon Industries would remain hers. Even if she weren't married to Angel anymore, she would remain one of the shareholders of McKeon Industries.

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy Summers a young woman at the age of twenty-five and decided to start her own lingerie business. She figured with the money that she invested would earn her enough money to start a business. It did. Though starting a business wasn't the problem. It was men. Buffy just couldn't find the right guy to satisfy her. Of course when it comes to satisfaction most people would automatically assume that it meant sex. Well it wasn't. The sex was great with the men that she had been with, but that's all it was. Though all the men that she had been with from Parker, Owen to Riley, Riley was the nicest of all. Riley Finn had made her feel special and loved. Though their relationship lasted two years, she couldn't see herself married to him. There was something missing and she couldn't put her finger on it.

Faith Evans was a brunette with long hair that reached her shoulders and happened to be Buffy's roommate and best friend. These two girls have known each other since they were three. They have always been inseparable. Faith was the wild one between them, but that doesn't mean if Buffy wanted something that she wouldn't go after it. Buffy liked a challenge and was willing to win her prize.

"So B, what are we gonna do tonight? Are we staying in or going out?"

"I guess we can head out if you want?

"Gee, don't let me force you to go out. I was just trying to cheer you up. You seem a bit down after your break up with Riley."

"I am. Though that doesn't matter now. I'm gonna get dressed and we'll head downstairs to the bar. If nothing happens which is likely, then we'll head out to The Bronze."

~*~*~*~*~*

It was Friday night and Angel didn't want to spend it cooped up in his hotel room. His best friend Spike insisted that they'd get a couple of drinks. Spike also wanted to find a lady to spend the night with him.

"You ready in their Angel?"

"Yeah, I'm coming. Let's head downstairs."

~*~*~*~*~*

The bar at the Sunnydale Hotel had elegance. As you enter the room the lights were lit, the floor had hard wood paneling of mahogany with a clear polish to protect the surface. The bar had long table with the bartender, alcohol and mirror. There were also little tables with chairs and a still stemmed rose in a vase.

Faith and Buffy made their way inside the bar and settled into one of the tables and sat down.

"So what do wanna drink?"

"I think I'll have a Shirley Temple. Oh, and Faith don't start flirting with any guy up at the bar and keep me hanging."

"Me. Never," Faith said laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel was at the bar having his scotch on the rocks with Spike when Faith appeared to order her drink and Buffy's. Spike was looking right at her and noticed how the curves on her body just clung perfectly in all the right spots. Angel glared at him.

"Would you quit looking at her as if she's a piece of meat?"

"What are you talking about?"

"It's okay. I'm use to it. Thanks anyway."

"Your welcome."

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy was just staring at her surroundings and wondered what took Faith so long. She then looked up and noticed what was distracting her. She apparently caught the attention of two men. 'It figured. She goes off and finds two guys after her.' Then Buffy noticed the dark haired gentleman turned to look at Faith and noticed his profile. He had a nice smile and could tell that he was tall. She loved tall men.

Faith made her way back to Buffy with their drinks.

"I can see that you made two new friends."

"Oh, those guys over there. The blond is more to my liking. Though the other guy looked like someone you'd hook up with."

"I guess." Though while Buffy said those words she was staring at the dark haired man.

"You know what, I'll leave you alone so you can catch Mr. Good Looking."

"Yeah, sure."

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel was still drinking his scotch when Faith approached him and Spike. She made her way straight to Spike.

"Hey. I was wondering if you'd like some company?"

"Sure thing. Let's go love."

"Oh, by the way I think my friend over there likes you," Faith told Angel pointing towards a blonde dressed in a red dress. Angel just smiled. He then looked at the blonde beauty from a far and was transfixed by her already. 'I can't be starring at her. I'm married. Married to a bitch. But still I'm attracted to her.'

'I can't believe he's looking at me. Oh, he's too good to be true. It'll be my luck that he'll be married.' Buffy decided to lift her glass and saluted Angel. Angel did the same In return with a smile. He then made his way over to her table. Buffy couldn't believe it. 'He's coming over here. Wait! Check his hand. Damnit, he's married. My luck.'

'What am I doing? She'll know I'm married and probably think I'm some twisted man.'

"Hi. Can I sit here with you?" he asked with a smile.

"Sure," she answered with a silly smile on her face.

'Are you out of your mind?! He's married! But he looks so good looking. Oh, just shut up and enjoy the moment. It ain't going to last anyway.'

"So what's your name?" Angel asked for the third time.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Buffy. Buffy Summers. And you?"

"Angel. Angel McKeon. So what's a beautiful lady like yourself doing here all lone?"

"I wasn't alone. My friend left with yours. Besides what's a married man like you doing here with me?" Buffy then took the cherry out of her drink, sticking out her pink tongue licking the cherry and placing it in her mouth eating it leaving the stem on the table. All the while Angel's brown eyes just couldn't remove itself from Buffy's lips or rather her tongue. All different kinds of thoughts went rummaging into his mind. As his brown eyes moved up to meet her green ones. Buffy just smiled and knew that she got him.

"I'm here on business actually. I just decided to have a drink so I came down."

"Oh." Buffy just couldn't stop staring at Angel. He looked so handsome in his tailored suit. Black was definitely his color. Black suit, matching tie lightly loosened with the top button undone with a nice shirt. Though his voice which was deep enough, spiked hair and brown eyes just made her more attracted to him.

Angel just didn't want to mention Darla while he was in the presence of a beautiful woman. Even if he knew that nothing could ever come of this, but at least he's sleep well tonight. 'Those eyes. Those gorgeous green eyes and that beautiful smile. It's just too bad.' The both of them continued talking for the rest of the night until Buffy spoke up.

"I better get going. It was nice meeting you Angel." She then held out her hand and he took it in his and kissed it.

"The pleasure was all mine," he said with a smirk. As he released her hand Buffy had felt a shiver run down her spine just by the simple gesture. As she stood up she passed by Angel and whispered into his ear.

"Your wife is lucky to have you," she said huskily. Her hot breath saying those words into his ear just brought a chill down his spine. Buffy walked away slowly letting Angel 's eyes following her legs and the sway of her hips. She hypnotized him. She turned around and caught him staring at her and smiled.

"What am I doing? I must be crazy."

angel13
angel13
25 Followers