Third Year After Ch. 04

Story Info
Two weddings, a flirting doctor, and a curious cousin.
9.4k words
4.74
16.7k
33

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/05/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Leenysman
Leenysman
1,928 Followers

~~~~~

Author's Note: Welcome to the fourth chapter of "Third Year After", the continuation of the story begun in "First Year After", and continued in "Second Year After". I recommend that you read the two preceding series and the first three chapters of this series, before beginning this one. I hope you enjoy the ongoing story.

Disclaimer: All sexual activity described in this story involves fictional characters over the age of 18.

~~~~~

April 18, 2015

We awoke with the sun the next morning. The hotel's shower was big enough for all four of us, although we didn't have time for more than caresses as we washed each other. Matt and Sophia had wedding business to take care of soon, so we had to get dressed, get a quick breakfast in the hotel restaurant, then bid them a "see you at 2," which is when the ceremony was.

Over breakfast, I jokingly asked, "Isn't it bad luck to see each other before the wedding?"

Sophia shrugged. "I'm not into that superstition. But my mom is, so if she might ask, Matt spent the night at his parents' house, and I went back to our apartment. We'll split up after this, I promise. And it's not like he's seen me in my gown."

~~~~~

The ceremony was at the church Matt's family attended. Sporadically, to hear Matt tell it, but they considered it their church. Apparently, his parents had increased their attendance as Sam got sicker.

Matt looked nervous, up at the altar. He caught my eye, and I winked, and that seemed to calm him down. Sophia was radiant, from the moment her dad escorted her down the aisle, through to Matt and Sophia walking back down it, newlyweds.

At the reception, Patti and I were seated with some other friends from campus, who we spent a while getting caught up with. We were the only ones there with kids already. When I showed everyone the 'family picture' off of my phone, I explained that my stepsister and mom had also had kids around the same time, and I owned up to Kyra's parentage, and Patti explained her history with Amber. The incest-free version, anyway.

Cody, a guy who was friends with Matt because they were the same major, but I didn't know very well, was there alone, and had already hit the bar three times. They hadn't served dinner yet, because the bride and groom were still doing pictures. He was definitely buzzed, when he said, quite loudly, "Man, Drew, first you two are in a foursome with Matt and Sophia, then a threesome with your stepsister Amber? Your life sounds like a friggin' porno!" Two of his other friends at the table shushed him.

I don't know if the whole room heard him, but Sophia's mom Alicia, who had just come in from her part of the photos, and was passing behind Cody, sure did. I saw her blush, as the words sunk in, then a look of consternation towards Patti and I, before she continued to her seat.

The bride and groom did their entrance soon after, and it wasn't a minute after they were seated at the head table before Alicia went to Sophia and whispered in her ear. Sophia's eyes widened, before she looked up at her mom and nodded, saying, "we did," if my lip-reading was right.

It seemed like an argument was about to break out, when Sophia took her mom's hand, and pulled her toward the area where the cake was. Her father and Matt's parents followed. Matt got up, and came towards our table, crouching by my side, and asked, "What the hell happened?"

I answered, "Cody made a comment about our foursome, and Alicia was right behind him."

Matt looked across the table at Cody, saying to him, "Man, really? I see three drinks in front of you already. You're cut off for at least an hour, do you hear me?" Cody nodded, then said, "I'm sorry, Matt."

Matt turned back to Patti and I, and asked, "Could you come help me calm down the parents?"

"I'm not sure that's a good idea, Matt," I said. "We seem to be the reason they're upset."

Matt actually smiled at that. "Drew, there is nobody I know who explains the idea of polyamory better than the two of you, so if that's the conversation we need to have today, Sophia and I want your words to be part of it."

We walked over to the alcove, where we were obviously expected. I'm not sure whose face had the biggest frown on it, among the parents. As we approached, Alicia said, "Okay, they're here, now. So, will you all please explain what that young man was talking about, and what your relationship is with each other?"

Sophia looked to me, and I said, "As Matt said last night, he was my roommate and Sophia was Patti's. What we left out is that Patti and Matt secretly switched rooms the second semester of Freshman year, so I could room with Patti and Matt with Sophia. Matt and Sophia broke up the summer after Junior year, prompting Patti and I to ask Matt to share an apartment, since Patti was going to wind up with a different roommate. Then Sophia made up with Matt. In the process, we wound up becoming lovers together, only to find out that it was the prospect of a foursome that had been a stressor on their relationship. Actually working through their issues around the idea that they could love multiple people but be committed to each other helped Matt decide to propose. Unfortunately, due to me talking about it to the wrong people, this became widespread knowledge on campus, and Cody blurted it out today. As for what the relationship is now, we had not seen Matt and Sophia since graduation, until this weekend. So, I'd call us friends and former lovers."

"And who is this Amber?" she asked. "She's your step-sister?"

Patti answered this one. "Amber is our wife. Not legally, but we consider the three of us to be married to each other. She's also the mother to two kids, one of them biologically Drew's, which is a much longer story than I think you want to hear. We are raising the kids together. We are believers in what is known as polyamory, having relationships with more than just one other person, as compared to monogamy. It can take several forms, and ours is called a triad, where all three people are intimate with each other. At its heart, polyamory believes that love isn't a limited resource. The more people you love, the more love you have to give."

Matt's dad Sam asked me, "You're a bigamist?"

I answered, "Not as the law defines bigamy. I would have to attempt to marry Amber legally while already married, which I have not done. I'm legally only married to Patti. Having a separate relationship outside of the marriage isn't a crime, although a lot of monogamous wives would use it as basis for divorce, but that's a civil matter. We call Amber our wife because there isn't a better word that captures the emotional commitment we have to each other. If it were legal to marry Amber as well, I would, though. We have taken various legal steps to deal with pooling assets and inheritance, that are actually made easier by having kids together."

"But Amber is also your step-sister?" Dominic, Sophia's father, asked.

Patti said, "Amber's dad Henry moved in next door to Drew's mother Tina last January, without knowing that I knew both families, and began to date. Amber was first my lover in High School, but she broke up with me. We reunited last spring, with Drew included, and Amber, Tina and I all wound up pregnant within a few days of each other. Henry and Tina married over the summer, making Amber Drew's step-sister and my sister-in-law. She didn't agree to marry the two of us until December, after our babies were born and her relationship with the father of her son fell apart."

Alicia gave her head a quick shake, and asked me, "So, Drew, you go from being in a foursome with my daughter, go home for Spring Break and get Amber and Patti both pregnant, then come back to school and resume with Matt and Sophia? I see the way you look at my daughter. Do you love her, too? Why didn't you ask her to marry you, too?"

I looked Sophia straight in the eyes as I said, "I love your daughter very much." Turning back to Alicia, I said, "I also know how much she loves Matt, and I want them to be happy together, not to pull her away from him. The simple fact is that Patti and I are in Dallas, and they're not."

Matt's mom Carla asked, "Matt, are your Dad and I the reason why you aren't still involved with Drew and Patti?"

Matt calmly responded, "No, Mom. If Dad hadn't gotten sick, Sophia and I would simply be in Detroit, instead of here, but either way, we weren't going to be in Dallas. The four of us always knew we were headed in different directions after graduation. Our foursome was about having fun together as close friends. While I won't deny that I love Patti, too, my commitment is to Sophia and our future isn't in Dallas with them, and that's okay with all of us. We can try to get together occasionally, but we won't be marrying them."

"Can we get the reception back on track, now?" Sophia asked. "The coordinator has started serving the food without us."

Everyone headed back to their seats, and dinner was served.

~~~~~

Later, Matt and Sophia stopped by our table, when the other guests at our table were at the bar. Patti asked, "Is everything okay now with your parents?"

Matt sighed. "Mine are more upset that we didn't tell them about everything than with what happened, from the room swapping onward. Mom actually used the words, 'The four of you make a cute couple, foursome, whatever.' I never imagined I'd get that reaction from her. Dad... I think he's just letting this slide. Even if he disagrees with it, he doesn't want to fight about it, particularly since we've stopped being together. He knows time is too short, now."

Sophia added, "I think my parents will get there, once they let go of some preconceptions about foursome equaling orgy, and understand that this was somewhere between casual sex and a lifelong commitment. They'll be heading home tomorrow, anyway."

I asked Matt, "Can I guess from what you said to your Mom, that you've made a definite decision not to move to Dallas?"

Matt shrugged, then said, "Drew, I said that so my Dad wouldn't think he was responsible for keeping me away from Dallas. He was okay with asking me to delay going to Detroit because family is more important than career for him, and what he was asking for was to help my mom, rather than the business. Family is more important for me, too, which is why I agreed. I needed to diminish the relationship with you in front of them, or they would have insisted Sophia and I go to Dallas to be with you. We know we can't tell them the real reason."

Making sure nobody but the four of us could hear, I said, "So, it really is just my incest blocking you?"

Matt answered, "Yeah, I think it is. It makes me squeamish, still. I don't know how to get past it, though. I wish I did."

"I don't think more words are going to solve this, at this point," Patti said, quietly. "I think what you're hung up on is the idea, of mother and son, father and daughters, because you don't know all the people involved, except Drew and me, and can't see the love we all feel for each other. If you would come to Dallas to visit, I think getting to know everyone better would help. I understand that it wouldn't be until after your Dad passes, though."

"I'll think about it," Matt said. We left it at that.

~~~~~

April 25, 2015

My cousin Carrie turned 18, and Patti and I attended her birthday party, held at my Uncle Tony's house, bringing Sharon and Kyra along with us. Mom and Amber decided to stay home with the other babies, since they didn't seem to be welcomed by the Barnes family.

Carrie and Angie greeted us in the entryway. Angie took Sharon from Patti's arms, went through the house to the back yard. Once her sister was out of sight, Carrie greeted Patti with a big hug, followed up with a lover's kiss, and I could see Patti's eyes bug out as Carrie slipped her some tongue.

When Carrie finally let go, Patti breathily said, "Where did that come from?"

"Don't be mad, I couldn't resist, Patti," Carrie said, as she took Kyra from my arms to snuggle her, after giving me a more family-oriented hug. "Ever since Christmas, when you admitted to everyone that you were bi, I haven't been able to get you out of my thoughts. I'm gay, and have told Mom and Dad, but they wouldn't let me date girls while I was under 18, or tell anyone else in the family. I guess today is my coming out party as well as my birthday party. You should have seen Grandma's face when I told her."

"That would have been worth paying admission to see," I said, beginning to slowly walk through the house.

Carrie snickered. "Angie recorded it on her phone. Mom tried to get her to delete it, but it already posted to the cloud, which Mom doesn't get. I'll have her send you a copy."

Patti asked, "So you're out, now. What's next for you?"

Carrie stopped short. "I... I hoped you... you would be my first."

Patti asked, "You haven't been with someone sexually, yet?"

Carrie sighed, loudly. "No, my parents have all but put me in a chastity belt, after I told my mom I was feeling attracted to the girls in my class, rather than the boys. Will you? I'll make it my birthday cake wish, if I have to."

"We're family, honey," Patti said.

"This wouldn't be incest, I checked," Carrie responded. "It would be incest if I were to ask Drew to be my first man, but you're not my cousin, legally or biologically. You're my cousin's wife. One of them, anyway. I'm not asking you three to marry me, either. I just want my first time to be someone I know and trust and who I think is hot, and you qualify on all three counts."

"I'm not sure your parents are going to see it that way." Patti considered it for 10 seconds, then said, "Okay. I would love to share that with you, teach you what to do. But not today. I think you should make an offer to babysit for us next weekend, to give you an excuse to come over to our house, if you need one for your parents. Drew and Amber can actually watch the kids, while we have our time together. Does that sound alright?"

"Thank you, Patti. I'll even babysit for real, if you want me to."

~~~~~

The rest of the party was pretty routine, although there seemed to be an undercurrent of disapproval, both for Patti and I, and for Carrie's announcement earlier, that made me want to leave as soon as I could. Why some families have to be judgmental, I would never understand.

Carrie followed Patti's suggestion, and her first "babysitting job" with us was arranged. I was hoping we could eventually arrange for Carrie to watch all of the babies, at her parents' house, the way we had Jody doing.

~~~~~

On the drive home, Patti asked, "You want to watch us, don't you?"

Without hesitation, I said, "Yes, of course I do. I think it would be hot to see the two of you together. But she's also my cousin, and unless we're prepared to tell her about the other incest going on, it wouldn't be a good idea to involve me. Maybe if this becomes a regular thing between the two of you, we wouldn't have much choice except to tell her, but if it's just going to be once, I wouldn't."

~~~~~

May 2, 2015

Carrie came over the next Saturday afternoon, and she and Pattie retreated into Sandy's bedroom, and closed the door. I was tempted to listen from outside the door. Amber and I watched DVDs downstairs instead, with Sharon, KJ and Kyra getting tummy time on blankets spread on the floor, as they were beginning to master rolling over and the beginnings of crawling. Amber nursed all three at one point or another. We necked on the couch, but didn't do more than that.

We had dinner waiting in the kitchen when Patti and Carrie finally came downstairs four hours later, after I heard the bathroom being used. Carrie and Patti both looked totally blissed out. I said, "I'd ask how it went, but I can see the results on your faces, even after you washed them."

Carrie blushed, then said, "Ummm, yeah. It was unbelievable. I imagined how it would go, but the reality is so much better. Is that how it is for you every time, Amber?"

Amber replied, "I imagine you probably got the deluxe treatment, but when it's just Patti and I, it's beautiful. With Drew involved, it's different, because we're each focused on two other people, not just one, and the energy is different. It's hard to explain."

"Maybe someday, I'll try what it's like with a guy. Not Drew, of course," Carrie said, but with a sly grin. Seeing the clock, she said, "My parents are expecting me back, soon."

"Have dinner with us, first," Amber said, "You can call your folks and say Drew, Patti and I are running behind, and are bringing you a doggy bag."

We ate together, talking about lots of minor topics, then Carrie did have to leave. Patti saw her to her car, giving her some money to support the cover story about babysitting, as an advance on actually babysitting for us later.

~~~~~

When Patti, Amber and I finally made it to bed, Amber said, "Okay, spill it. How did it go, and don't leave out details."

Patti smiled, saying, "She's a natural, and so eager. Sure, she fumbled for the first half-hour or so, veering between tentative and over-doing things. But after the first time she managed to get me to cum, she gained confidence in what she was doing, and I swear I was cumming more than she was, once we left teaching mode and were just making love to each other. We needed to take a couple of breaks, to recover after some really big orgasms. We actually got to talk a lot in those pauses. I found out that her sister Angie has come out to their parents as gay, too, but like Carrie, hasn't actually been with anyone. Tony and Mimi made it very clear to both of them that their tolerance does not extend to incest, so they've avoided any contact with each other."

"What does Carrie feel about that?" I asked. "Does she want to cross that line?"

"I didn't come right out and ask, but I got the impression that her parents' prohibition and Angie's age might be the only things stopping her. When does Angie turn 18?"

I replied, "They're 18 months apart. Angie's birthday is October 20th, a week and a half before Halloween, but it will be next year that she's 18."

Patti added, "And that's not all. I'm thinking she's actually bisexual, from some questions she had about how you make love, that I wouldn't expect from someone who's not attracted to men. She told me she decided she was gay at 13, but I'd bet she was actually reacting to the immaturity of the boys she knew, more than their physical attributes, in deciding she wasn't interested in them. Despite what she has said about you being off-limits because of the incest, I think she's a lot more attracted to you than she wants to admit, at least to us. What are you going to do, Drew, if she decides she wants you to be the man to take her virginity? Her hymen is definitely still there."

"Gawd damn," I muttered. "I would ask her if she really wanted her first time to be with someone she would always have to keep secret, and if she convinced me that she understood what was at risk and would keep it secret, I'd probably grant her wish. But I'm not holding my breath for her to ask. It is a lot bigger than asking you to be her first female lover. It might not help our standing within the Barnes family to have her tell her parents about you, but nobody would go to jail or be fined. That's not true for me."

~~~~~

May 8, 2015

The following Friday night, Carrie actually came over to babysit, and Patti, Amber and I went to see the new Avengers movie, and stopped for burgers on our way home, bringing one back for Carrie.

Carrie looked frazzled when we got home. Amber asked, "Is three babies more than you're used to?"

"I think they missed you, and were cranky because they weren't used to me. They're asleep now, though. Have you used other sitters?"

Leenysman
Leenysman
1,928 Followers