Thorn Ch. 43-49

Story Info
The story concludes.
19.9k words
4.8
9.1k
31

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/04/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

"Alex, where have you been hiding?" Thorn stood and gave his brother a hug.

"Well after you gave the word to head back here, instead of rushing to you lot roadside, I followed orders and got back here not long before you guys returned. However Rose pointed out that as an unmated male around a lot of very newly mated and hyped up males it wasn't probably wise, so I headed to your place, and have been working on a few things."

"Rose didn't need to send you away. Nobody here would have had an issue with you." Lucas spoke for the core, but then noticed Thorn wasn't agreeing with him and asked, "Really you were that out of control?"

"She had been attacked, was unconscious and hurt, she's ovulating ... besides Tyrone and Jared haven't even met Alex before, I may not have been the only one under pressure. Rose has always had good judgment, she took the safest path."

"Yeah I didn't take long to be convinced, and then when I could hear you losing it from the house I knew I better wait it out a bit. Can I see her now though?"

"She's sleeping but I'll take you up later."

"You okay now Thorn? I mean if Alex needs to wait I'm sure he'll understand."

"Don't fuck me off. I'm alpha, I know my mate and my brother. I'd let him go up there on his own now she's okay, no worries. But I think if she wakes up and I am not a foot away ready to breed her Luna may hurt someone. I'm going to protect Alex." Thorn grinned.

"Damn straight." Gem laughed. "Tyrone, Jared meet Alex. Luna hasn't paired him up with anyone yet, but I reckon with how quickly she's working her voodoo magic he'll be mated in no time."

"Great to meet you both. I almost got to meet you a few weeks ago but you guys had just left the station when I popped in. Lex is a great girl. You are both blessed."

"What were you doing at the station?" Tyrone shook the hand Alex offered and then Jared did the same.

"I don't just work as a kitchen hand at the restaurant. I am officially still core, I think?"

"Yeah about that Alex..."

"Fuck you've booted me out of the core because I'm single?"

"Oh shut up. I haven't booted you out of anything. You can stay or you can talk with me about what we discussed at the restaurant. I have a suggestion for you and I can live with either option happily, or we can bloody look at a third option."

"You going to fill us in now or is it a big secret?" Luc's voice held a touch of gravel.

"Bro, back off. Thorn knows I'm sick of the restaurant. He also knows I have no hope of finding a women within miles of here that at least one of my brothers hasn't already fucked. I told him I wanted a change."

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"Luc, I love ya man, but the only way dad will let me out of that kitchen is if the alpha orders it."

"I hear that. Still sucks that you two kept quiet though."

"Well we can catch up later and you can help me decide with Thorn. Right now though I want to congratulate Lex. I also want to see Rose, is she okay?"

"Lex will be back soon. She wanted to catch up with a few of the omega women. Can we back up to the bit about your brothers fucking every women in the area, which of them has been near our mate?"

"Ewww don't make me feel sick. Lex? None of them. Shit that is disgusting I'm going to have nightmares." Alex groaned.

Not realising how the two newcomers would interpret his words, he was surprised, but quick to step back, when Jared changed and Tyrone roared, "Disgusting? Our mate is not disgusting. She is better than any of you."

"I didn't mean..." Alex lowered his head slightly, "She's like a sister man."

"Yeah she's been around a long time and we've kind of thought of her as family. We love her guys, truly, but thinking of her in any way but how we think of Rose or Kate ..." Lucas stopped, "Okay so maybe Aaron has changed his mind about Kate... but the rest of us only ever saw either of them as family."

"Yeah, not quite." Alex let slip, then clearly winced as he realised they had all heard him, and that a wolf and a very angry man still weren't sure about him. "Kate, I had a huge crush on Kate. From about ten till I was about seventeen."

"Shit. You okay she's with Aaron?" Tyrone asked gently as Jared began to change back to his human form.

"I thought sharing would be hard, but wanting Lex, and her only being mated to Tyrone... that would kill me." Jared put a hand on Alex's shoulder, "You alright?"

"Yeah it was a bit of a shock to all of us. She has no idea how I felt and it was puppy love I guess. She was my best friend. I'm fine. Happy for Aaron. Kate will straighten him out and he needed that. Happy for Kate. She deserves a mate, she seems to have been searching for him since she hit twenty-one."

"How the fuck did you keep that a secret? You're scary how much you can fly under the radar like that. Hiding stuff and going by without us noticing shit." Lucas wasn't exactly mad at his brother, but he didn't like that he hadn't known. However there was a little respect in his voice too. For Alex to be able to do what he did so well, even at that age, was part of why Alex was so effective in the pack.

"Think she was looking long before that." Gem dropped her shoulders slightly on a sigh. "She wouldn't like knowing she hurt you Alex."

"She didn't. It just wasn't meant to be." Alex suddenly realised Gem was a problem, "You will never tell anyone Gem, especially not Kate."

Thorn growled and gave the first alpha order he had given in a long time, well excluding the one he had cancelled before it had been actioned, "Nobody here will ever refer to this again. To anyone."

Heads bowed slightly and agreements were made instantly.

"This pack, this family we look out for each other. To share this would only cause pain. Alex, Lucas we will talk shortly. The rest of you, I want you to focus on the plans we made earlier today. There is a lot to be done."

"So after you three talk, you and Alex will visit Luna and then you and Luna will be busy till daylight. Anything you need us to do between now and when you come back out?" Gem asked.

"Nothing. Aaron and Kate won't be back till after Luna sleeps so we will all have breakfast together then and go over any last minute stuff. Tonight you guys should enjoy some down time. It has been a big couple of days and whether you're heading out with John and Damon, helping run things here, or on Luna duty with me after she wakes, we have a busy time ahead of us."

"Jared you good to help with breakfast again?" Lucas asked.

"Fuck I never thought I would hear you ask for someone to share your kitchen bro." Alex looked Jared over, "You must have some serious skills."

"We work well together. Besides I have to get in touch with Glen. With us here for a while it looks like my apprentice will have to step up at the café. I'll be doing a lot of stuff here and the omegas can courier it to town. Then there's two weddings and a mating ceremony so far to deal with ... I'm going to need to start recruiting capable help."

"Two weddings?" Thorn queried.

"According to Rose, Luna has ordered that they must get married here. Rose and John that is. Damon and Nat are just having a small mating ceremony. You and Luna of course will still be the big one. I'm guessing Kate and Aaron will want to plan something too, but I haven't had a heads up there yet."

"What about you and Gem? You two haven't had a ceremony or a wedding. What will you be doing?" Thorn prompted his brother agreeing with the thoughts he was having right then. Now was the perfect time. He began to see how much the pack was changing and how much their calendar was being filled. It filled him with happiness to see his pack growing, and seeing the way things were coming together for his family and his friends. It also made the brother in him want to tease Lucas. "Want a double ceremony? All the trimmings?"

"No way. Quiet, small, intimate."

"Oh fuck he's going to want a mating ceremony in the dungeon or the bedroom." Gem threw her head back and moaned before she crossed her arms.

"No." Lucas grinned at his mate who clearly had no idea what he was wanting at all.

"No ceremony?" Gem looked hurt and then quickly hid it. "Yeah, we don't need that anyway we had our ceremony already."

"The day I collared you will be one of the top ten moments of my life pet. I will never forget it."

"Neither will I Luc." She breathed, clearly remembering the day.

He winked at Thorn then got down on one knee in front of Gem, "But the day you marry me will be top five. Will you marry me pet?" Lucas held up the sapphire engagement ring.

"You want to marry me?" Gem looked around the people staring at her and then saw Lex standing at the back of the room her hand over her mouth.

"If you don't agree to be mine in the next two seconds I will take you to the dungeon pet and..."

"Yes. Fuck yes." Gem fell on him then, kissing him deeply. Her body vibrating with a growl of delight.

"Yeah well I timed my return perfectly. But can you stop at kissing, please? We've all heard you guys, and seen you guys enough, but shit Ty and Jared aren't ready for that." Lex moved quickly towards the group. Then she threw her arms around Alex. "Oh my God, Alex I haven't seen you for ages. How are you?"

"Good Lex, but how about you back away from the only single bloke in the room before your mates make me the dead bloke in the room."

"Oh shit. Ty, Jared you can't kill my Alex, he's more of a brother than my brother."

"So we have been told love. Nice to have you confirm it though. Even nicer if you back away from him and come wrap your arms around someone who has no brotherly feelings toward you at all." Tyrone spoke in a calm manner clearly not too concerned about her and Alex.

"Oh shit. Lucas couldn't you have put a wall up or something? The whole family are screaming at me." Thorn growled.

"Fuck you Thorn. You and I bought that ring together, you know how long I've been holding that in. I wanted them all to see her say yes."

"Well mum, Rose and Thea are pissed you couldn't do it with them here in person."

"Yeah well it is getting hard to get everyone in one place."

"Kate is just as pissed off, her and Aaron are still hours away, but apparently you could have held out till breakfast."

"You wait till Mother Luna finds out you did this behind her back."

"Behind her back? Are you crazy? Luna is the one that told me to buy the ring. She told me to make sure it was a sapphire or else. That was so long ago now. Weeks. She then told me from her hospital bed today that I had to ask you tonight."

"Why tonight?" Thorn growled, "Why did it need to be tonight?"

"She didn't say."

"She knows something. Fuck. Luc, Gem congratulations. Alex and I will catch up with you later Luc. I better take Alex up to Luna now and then find out what she knows."

"If she wanted you to know you'd know." Lex spoke quietly, "Thorn, she can't tell you everything that will happen, she may not even fully know why she's making the choices she makes."

"What do you know?"

"She has to follow her instincts. She was really clear to us about it. In her life, even long before she met us, if she goes with her gut it works. If not, well it gets messy real fast. She won't always be able to explain it. She won't always be able to tell us what she knows."

"She's my mate. She'll tell me."

"Thorn, don't be an idiot, she told you herself. Remember? Somethings, if she told you, your alpha would want to try to change it, fix things, but sometimes things have to play out. She loves you more than life, but she can't always tell you everything, and sometimes she will tell you stuff but won't be able to explain why she knows it." Gem now sat on Luc's knee looking at her alpha. "I'm not sitting here wondering if Lucas only proposed because Luna told him to. I believe in him more than that. Or trying to picture the ring he would have picked without her help. She has great taste by the way. The sapphire is gorgeous. You can't be worrying about why she decided tonight was the night for him to pop the question."

"Fine."

"Fine? You have got to be kidding me, fine?" Gem rolled her eyes. "Lucas take me to bed before I slap my alpha upside the head."

"Gem." Lucas warned.

"He said fine. People say fine when they aren't fine Luc. People say fine when they are totally ignoring what you have to say."

"When he says fine he means exactly that. Thorn isn't normal people. He's not happy but he's heard you. He's worried but he has chosen to let it go. He can't be overjoyed with it but he accepts it. He's processed what you've said." Lucas corrected Gem.

"Thorn, is that right?"

"Yes Gem." She jumped from Luc's knee and wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"It will be okay Thorn. We will all make sure it is."

"I would prefer to be able to prepare, to protect you all, and to prevent any problems, rather than have to face things as they come."

"I'm positive when we have those kind of situations with Mother Luna, Mistress of Moonbeams, on our side, we will be the best prepared pack in the world. You have and will always protect us. Not all problems can be prevented but I am absolutely sure from now on no problem will be too big for us to face."

"Thank you Gem. Lucas take your beloved pet away before I keep her here."

"You want me to stay?" Gem asked confused.

"I really need to borrow your confidence and assurance some days. When Luna is in danger even more so."

"You can't really be worried about the changing surely?" Alex verbalised what half the present wolves wondered.

"No the prophecy is clear. I am sure she will be fine. Fuck, not fine, fabulous."

"What then?"

"If she wanted Gem and Luc distracted, Kate and Aaron aren't here yet, Rose has just mated, fuck half the core will be leaving after breakfast for the other pack..."

"You're scared to be alone in case anything happens to her." Jared looked at him, and then nodded. "Yeah, it won't be fine, not till she's awake and you know she and her wolf are okay."

"I'm here, Gem and Luc will be here, Kate and Aaron will be here a day before she wakes up. Mum and the doc are staying. You aren't alone Thorn." Alex spoke with quiet authority.

"Besides she has a plan for you while she sleeps too." Lex grinned.

"What plan?"

"You have to go into town. She wants you to finish the tattoo."

"How do you know that?"

"Well it may or may not be written on the card she gave me and told me I had to give to you at breakfast."

"You read it?"

"I helped her write it, drugs were still kicking her arse a bit when I visited."

"How many visitors has my mate had while she was meant to be bloody resting?" He looked around the room. "For fuck sake, Alex let's go see her, you seem to be the only one who hasn't already been in there."

"Yeah I think we should discuss my options first, just in case she springs any more surprises." Alex smiled.

"You think she has a mate up there under her bed for you?"

"Nah, I just think I want to know what you think I should do so if she makes a different offer I can weigh them all up at once. Luna seems to think she's in charge."

"We are equals. We are partners. We will lead this pack together." Thorn growled.

"Sounds great. Glad you two worked that out." Alex winked at Gem and Lexi as he and Thorn left the room.

"Don't push me Alex. I know you guys all think I was stupid and put her in danger. It won't happen again. I've learned my lesson."

"Stupid is when you don't learn. You learned in one day. Very un-stupid." Gem offered.

"Un-stupid? Seriously?" Thorn laughed as he and Alex left the room.

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

"Luna, are you awake yet baby?"

"Yes, when are you coming back?"

"Soon, I'm chatting to Alex about the plan we discussed and then he and I will be up. He's been waiting all day to see you."

"You can't keep delaying this Thorn. We are doing it tonight."

"I am well aware bossy-britches. I also have news, Lucas just proposed to Gem."

"Oh good. Lex brought me up some stuff earlier but I haven't moved from the bed yet, do you think one of the women you have guarding me could give me a hand?"

"Why didn't you get Lex to help?"

"Didn't want her to see how weak I am."

"Luna, for fuck sake woman, can you wait for me and I'll help you?"

"Um no. I'll manage on my own, don't sound all worried and grumpy."

"I'll send up Natalie's mum Myra, you like her and she won't think anything of it. Luna, nobody will ever think you are weak."

"Yeah whatever, but Lexi and Gem are both a bit upset still that I ran at all and even more so that I got hurt, so I didn't think I'd rub in how fragile I am. Thanks for sending Myra Thorn. See you in half an hour?"

"Is that a request or an order?" He laughed when she growled at him. Her little human growls were so cute. "Can't wait to hear your wolf growl at me baby."

"I need at least half an hour."

"I definitely won't be there in less than half an hour. Closer to an hour I would think. Don't do anything crazy Luna. You shouldn't be moving around too much."

"I'm sticky and dirty and the doctor said I can have a wash. I want to look good for you. I want you to want me."

"Little One, I will always want you. You're beautiful. You look so delicate and fragile but baby you are so fucking strong you blow me away."

"Yeah well if your wolf smells me right now he'd gag and that isn't how I want to remember Shannon's conception."

"Myra is on her way, she said she'll bring her sister too. With two helpers you'll have less risk."

"There's no risk Thorn, relax."

"I won't relax till about a week after the wedding. Until then I'm going to be continually worrying about you, thinking about you, craving you."

"You're so sweet when you're being all alpha. After the wedding you won't worry about me, think about me or crave me?"

"Only a hundred times a day, not in the all-consuming can barely function way I do now."

"I guess I can live with that. I'll try to cut back to a hundred times a day too."

"Why would you worry about me?"

"The same reason you worry about me idiot. I love you. You're my life."

"Fuck now I have a major hard-on. Alex is going to be horrified."

"Alex will not be horrified. He'll be too busy planning his future. It is a great plan Thorn."

"Is it in the book?"

"Well no, but there is something that seems to fit with him taking the path you are suggesting."

"Okay then. I'll let you go. Myra and Jane will be there soon."

***

Luna listened to the guards talking to her visitors, then watched the door open, "Alpha Luna, Alpha Thorn asked us to come up and give you a hand."

"Hello Myra. I haven't seen you since Damon and Natalie mated are you pleased with the match?" Luna could see the woman was thrilled with the mating.

"Oh it is so wonderful. My Natalie is a lovely girl, she will be a good mate for your brother."

"I love Nat. I am very happy to have her as a sister. I haven't met your sister before Myra, she looks a lot like you. I'm Luna, thank you for coming to assist me."

"Alpha Luna I'm Jane. It is my pleasure to meet you. How can we help?"

"Myra, Jane let me say this once, I know you are very traditional and I don't want to offend you, but we are family now, Luna is all I am, all I should be, so please call me Luna."

"Thorn and you are the same. He will only tolerate the formality if we are hosting a stranger, someone from outside the pack. Or during ceremonies." Jane smiled. "Luna, what do you need?"