Thorne Ch. 02

Story Info
Does Barb get what she wants?
16k words
4.74
25k
25

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/27/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers

Hello everyone! I apologize for the length of time between my submissions, but as I said on my bio page, my work hours have increased and have cut into my writing time. I'm writing as fast as I can, but unfortunately; I do have to sleep. Thanks for your patience in waiting for my submissions. Thanks to Donalde for beta reading for me and for his time. Also thanks to all of you for reading my stories and leaving comments. I appreciate it. One last thanks... I promise. Thank you to all who sent emails asking if I was ok... I'm fine, just working.

Kal

*

Gene had a bad feeling about Barb. There were several things that she said that had disturbed him. For one thing, he didn't care for her attitude toward their parents. On one hand he understood, but on the other hand he didn't. All of them at one time or another had wished that their circumstances were different. All of them at one time or another had looked at the catalogues and fliers and daydreamed about being able to buy the clothes and toys that were on the brightly colored pages. The second thing that concerned him is that Kevyn and Louise weren't making contact with her. That didn't make sense to him. They touched base with him two or three times a day and even Nathan had called him a time or two. Patrick he had spoken to when Kevyn called so why were they not talking to Barb who was in the same state and city? The third thing that bothered him was Barb's remarks about the house and her callous attitude toward the intent of rebuilding it.

He couldn't remember her being so hateful and then wondered how much of it was his fault. He looked at the clock and calculated the time difference. It was still early, three in the afternoon Pacific Time. He was going to call Barb, but the number she had called from showed up as private. He thought about calling her other number, but decided to call Kevyn or Louise first. After thinking about it, he decided to call Kevyn. He didn't want to stress Louise out in case there was a problem.

Kevyn picked up on the first ring.

"Hey Gene! Is everything alright?" Kevyn asked.

"It's all good." Gene replied. "I gather everyone made it okay?"

"Yes they did... Are you sure that you don't want to move out here with us? You and Barb are the only one's missing."

"I don't know about moving out there." Gene replied. "My ultimate goal is to move to Florida with Dana."

"I understand." Kevyn replied, "But you can move from here just as easily as you can move from there. Gene, we're just worried about you being out there all by yourself."

Gene's throat tightened. The sister that he was going to kill was worried about him. He looked around Leon's apartment. Somehow it didn't seem the same now that he knew that Leon wasn't coming back. He hadn't minded Pittsburgh until everyone left and now he was wondering if he should consider Kevyn's offer.

"There are a few issues." Gene replied. "One and probably the most important one is a job. Then I would need a place to live."

"If those things weren't an issue, would you come?" Kevyn asked.

"Kev, what's really going on? Why the push for me to come out there?" Gene asked.

"I just think that mom and dad would want us together as much as possible." Kevyn replied. "Last night as we were laughing and talking, I missed you guys. So will you at least think about it?"

"I'll think about it." Gene promised. "I actually called for another reason... what's going on with Barb? She called me last night to ask when Leon and the others were getting in. When I asked her if she talked to you and Louise, she said no and that you guys don't call her."

Kevyn swore under her breath.

"What else did she say?"

"Well, she isn't happy about the house being redone... Kev did you know that she's really pissed at mom and dad?"

"Yeah I know." Kevyn replied. "Gene, did you think that we were abused?"

"In my opinion no." Gene replied. "I mean we struggled, but we survived and I reminded Barb that mom always did without; but she doesn't see it that way. Do you think that we were abused?"

"If you consider not being able to afford the top of the line fashions abuse, then I guess we were." Kevyn replied laughing. "But seriously? No I don't think that we were abused and neither does anyone else. Let me clarify a few things. Barb stopped talking to us. Louise went to the apartment to see her and Barb all but threw her out. She has an unlisted phone number and we haven't spoken since you guys left."

Gene listened stunned as Kevyn gave him a rundown of events leaving out any references to vampires.

"So basically we've been leaving her alone although Leon wants to go see her in a few days."

"Shit Kevyn!" Gene swore. "Does she really think that our lives were that bad?"

"I guess so." Kevyn replied.

"And this man who she went home with... did he hurt her?"

"I don't think so, but I can't answer that with any real certainty. She wouldn't talk about it. Look, I've got to go. Will you think about moving out here?"

"I'll think on it." Gene said and then hung up.

*******

By evening, everyone was congregated at Leon's house. The men were in the basement getting ready and the women were in the kitchen preparing snacks. While she made the sandwiches, Kevyn told them about her conversation with Gene.

"He's worried about Barb." She said. "She's also upset that the house is being rebuilt."

"Please excuse me." Nadine said, "But I'm trying to understand our sister's point of view. Were you beaten?"

"We were disciplined." Louise replied, "but not whipped or anything like that."

"Were you starving?" Nadine asked.

"We may not have always had meat but we always had food." Kevyn replied.

"So your parents loved you and provided for you as best they could." Nadine commented.

"Yes." Kevyn replied. "We had to wear hand-me-downs, but we weren't the only ones. There were other families just as poor as we were and they fared no better at school than we did."

"So how did this abuse take place then?" Nadine asked.

"That's the thing." Louise replied. "We don't know. Barb thinks that our parents didn't try hard enough. Dad was already working two to three jobs because he refused to go on public assistance."

"As you know, I am not very old for a vampire." Nadine said. "But I am old enough that I have seen many types of people. There are those who relish and love each day of their lives and go through their day singing. They may live in a shack, but they are content simply because they live. There are those who hate their lives and as a result they hate everything and everything around them. There are also those who know what they want and they work for it earning it without hurting others. And then there are those who know what they want, but they don't want to work for it. They use anyone who is convenient to reach their goals and when they do, they still aren't satisfied. The last type of person is like our sister. She is always hungry even though she is full. She appreciates nothing and expects everything. When she gets it, she will be satisfied for a while, but it won't last; she will think that there is something more.

I will tell you that if she chooses to, she can change; but that change won't be a total one. At heart she will be who she is, but a softer version. Right now, she doesn't want to change and to beat our heads against the wall over it will only give us a headache. There is nothing that we can do for her except wait for her to either sink or swim. After Leon recovers he wants to see her and he won't take no for an answer."

Louise listened to Nadine and had to agree with her. Whatever happened, Barb would have to deal with it alone unless she asked for help. Louise continued making the sweet tea and felt a momentary feeling of discomfort.

"Sweetheart?" Nathan called to her telepathically, "Did you feel that?"

"Yes... but it was so fast. It was gone almost before I knew it was there." she replied.

"It was the same for me." Nathan replied. "Remember you promised that you wouldn't do anything without me."

"I remember... give Leon our love." She replied telepathically.

A feeling of dread settled in the pit of Louise's stomach. It had nothing to do the baby or Leon. She took a moment and listened to the strong but rapid heartbeat of their baby just to be sure. This feeling was different than the feelings that she and Nathan shared. She knew that he wasn't feeling it or else he would have called to her. Along with the feeling of dread was a feeling of sadness. She looked around the room trying to determine where the feeling was coming from.

"Where are the kids?" Louise asked.

"Ethan and Katrina are watching them." Kevyn replied. "Why?"

"I need to talk to Celeste. Can you call over there for me?" Louise asked.

A few minutes later, she was talking to Celeste.

"Hi pumpkin! Are you alright?" she asked.

"I'm ok... Uncle Ethan is masking hotdogs."

Louise talked to Celeste for a few more minutes and then talked to the other two children who were rather put out by her phone call. She hung up perplexed as to where the feeling was coming from. She was going to push herself, but remembered her promise to Nathan. She strengthened her shields to dull the sensation and went back to making the tea.

"What's going on?" Juliette asked.

"I don't know, but the kids are fine." Louise replied.

"They're starting." Kevyn said taking Nadine's hand in hers.

********

The Emerald 11pm

The loud music seemed to reverberate through Barb's body as she walked into the club. She looked to her left and saw people in a corner obviously having sex. She looked to her right and saw what looked like someone drinking blood from a woman. She could see little rivets of blood trickling down the back of the woman's shoulder. She blinked not believing what she was seeing and then deciding that it wasn't real. She looked around noticing that no one else seemed to be cold except for her. She rubbed her arms wondering where the frigid air was coming from.

"This way please." Billings said and walked away expecting Barb to follow him.

When she saw where he was leading her, her steps slowed. Suddenly the idea of publically exposing Thorne didn't seem like such a good idea. She forced herself to walk to the table and sat down.

"My name is Billings. I will be attending to your needs until Mr. Blackwell is free. May I offer you a drink?"

"How long will he be?" Barb asked ignoring the question about the drink.

"He didn't say." Billings replied. "Would you care for a drink?"

Barb gave Billings her typical "I'm better than you are stare" and ordered a club soda. She wasn't going to take any chances with the baby. She needed it too badly. While she waited for her drink and Thorne, she went over her plan.

******

Thorne knew that she was there the moment she stepped out of the cab. His relaxed mood instantly disappeared when he looked out of the window and saw Barb standing in front of the club.

"Shit!" he swore. He wanted her gone and sent negative thoughts to her. When she didn't leave, he decided to see her. He stayed at the window until she was inside taking note of how she addressed people.

He had already called for Billings to take care of her because he was so mild mannered that her insults would go over her head. Fortunately, Michelle was off. If she had been there and Barb even looked at her wrong she would have been dead meat.

Thorne kept Barb waiting until he decided that it was time to deal with her. He stood up and felt a familiar tingling in his groin and grinned deciding if he was going to be mated to the bitch, he might as well get some enjoyment out of it.

He made his way to his private table and stood behind her for several seconds before speaking.

"Back for more?" he asked coldly.

Barb turned around to face him.

"Are you always this rude? I've been here for an hour and a half!"

"You could have left at any time." Thorne said as he sat down. "In fact, I was hoping that you would. But since you're here, you might as well tell me what you want."

"I know exactly who you are." Barb said.

"Good for you. What do you want? If you want to fuck again it'll have to wait." Thorne said. "I'm here until closing."

"You and your goon raped me!" Barb exclaimed.

Thorne laughed.

"Rape?" He asked incredulous. There are people who will bear witness to the fact that you left with me of your own free will. They will also attest to the fact that your family came here for you and begged you to leave with them and you refused. There is also the fact that I gave you several chances to leave, but yet you decided to go home with me."

"That doesn't mean that you didn't rape me." Barb snapped wondering why she wasn't sticking to the original plan.

"That is true." Thorne conceded. "But rape isn't my style. Anyone who knows me knows this. But if you want to play the game, then I'm all in. Now my friend Allen, he's into the non-consent thing; but he didn't rape you either."

"How do you know? You weren't in the room." Barb said.

"I didn't have to be there." Thorne replied with a cold smile. "I told him not to and just to be sure, I watched."

Barb's face burned with anger and embarrassment.

"You watched? What are you a pervert?" she asked.

"I do enjoy watching on occasion, but usually it's only women like you. I knew what you were the moment I saw you, a money hungry bitch looking for someone to take care of you. But do you know what made you even more irresistible?"

Barb gave him a blank stare.

"Don't you remember?" he taunted. "You walked in here name dropping as if your fucking life depended on it. You mentioned the Sinclaire name with every breath you took. Think back... when did I ask you to go home with me? If you hadn't mentioned the Sinclaire name I would have fucked you in my office and sent you on your way. Do you still want to cry rape?"

Barb was quiet.

"Let me ask you this." Thorne said his green eyes icy. "What were you going to do? Blackmail me? If that was your plan, it would have failed. There was a camera in the car. If you like I can show you the video with your upper torso out of the sunroof and you trying to reach your nipples. I can also show you the video of you sucking Allen's cock without being forced to. So if this is all you've got, I'm busy. Billings will see you home."

Barb was realizing that she had underestimated Thorne and had overestimated herself. She reverted back to her original plan.

"I don't know why I even said that." she said coyly as she reached for Thorne's arm.

He yanked it away as if it had been burned and glared at her.

"I really came here to tell you that I'm pregnant and you're the daddy."

"How original!" Thorne said laughing. "But you were with Allen too."

"True... "Barb replied feeling more confident, "But Allen only came in my mouth. You on the other hand came inside of me and now I'm pregnant."

Thorne leaned forward and hissed at her.

"Look bitch..."

He stopped. He heard a beat that was out of time with the music that was playing. She wasn't lying. She was really pregnant and it had to be his. She was right; Allen hadn't fucked her anywhere but in her mouth. Then he had a thought. He hadn't seen her in weeks, who knew how many men she had slept with in hopes of getting one of them to marry her.

He had no choice but to accept her as his mate now that there was a child involved. But first he had to have proof that the child was his and not some human males.

"So... here's how I think we should play this." Barb said. "I think that you should announce our engagement before I start showing and we should have the wedding before then too. I thought that a Caribbean cruise would be nice..."

"Shut the fuck up." Thorne hissed.

"It's either that or I stand up and tell everyone how you treated me and where you left me when you were done."

Thorne smiled at her.

"As you wish."

Barb in her excitement missed the flash of cold green in Thorne's eyes as he stood up and called for Billings.

"Yes sir."

"Go up front and bring back the portable microphone." Thorne said.

It was time that the bitch learned who she was fucking with. Moments later, Billings was back with the microphone.

"Excuse me!" Thorne's bass voice boomed. "I apologize for interrupting your good time, but I have someone here who would like to tell you a story that you might enjoy. It's about the night we met."

Thorne looked down at Barb and smiled as he handed her the microphone smiling as people hooted and clapped.

"Come on baby, don't be shy. Tell the nice people a story." Thorne said into the microphone.

"What are you doing?" Barb hissed.

"Showing you that you don't fuck with me." Thorne said not caring who heard him. "I don't know where in the hell you come from and maybe wherever it is men fall for shit like this; but don't you ever threaten me again! Now get your ass the fuck out of my club!"

Barb was stunned. None of her plan had turned out as she thought it would. Her eyes burned with humiliation as people openly laughed at her. She looked up at Thorne who was still staring at her.

"Bastard." She hissed.

"That would be me." he agreed angering her either further. "Now get the fuck out."

"What about your brat?" Barb retorted. She thought she saw a flash of uncertainty in his eyes, but she couldn't be sure. "I'll tell you what, since you don't seem to care about him or her; I'll find someone who does."

She had him.

"You fucking bitch." Thorne hissed. He couldn't take the chance that the child was really his.

"Yeah that would be me." she replied. She wondered why he wasn't demanding a paternity test. The baby could belong to anyone. No sooner than the thought occurred to her, Thorne spoke.

"Did you think that I was just going to take your word for it?" He asked. "Nothing happens until I have proof. You could have fucked a man a night for all I know. Billings will pick you up at nine pm tonight. He'll take you to a respectable OB/GYN. Until she tells me otherwise, that baby isn't mine. I don't give a rat's ass if you scream it from the rooftops or skywrite that the baby is mine. I won't accept it until I have proof. Now for the last time; get your ass out of my club and don't come back."

Giddy with victory, Barb decided to push her luck.

"I think I'll sta..."

Before she could finish her sentence, Thorne had her over his shoulder and was carrying her through the club. She yelped as she felt several slaps and pinches on her ass. Thorne carried her outside and roughly put her on her feet.

"She doesn't come in here again." he growled to the security guard. "Make sure everyone knows it."

He turned around and walked back into the club without looking back. He could hear Barb demanding that he come back, that she wasn't through. Thorne went to his office and looked out of his window. Barb was still there arguing with the security guard. Tired of her nonsense, he picked up the phone and called a cab for her.

As he watched her, his cock twitched, hardened and then throbbed. He recognized it for what it was-physical need. There was no rush of the warm emotions that he had heard about nor was there the strong instinct to protect; but he would. She was his mate and therefore his responsibility. If the child was his, then he or she would be cared for and he would love it even if he had no feelings for its mother. He waited by the window until Barb got into the taxi that had finally arrived.

He picked up the phone and dialed Gretchen Matthews's number. There were others that he could have called but he knew of Gretchen's reputation as a top notch OB/GYN. If she was good enough for the Sinclaires' then she was good enough for him. If she was no longer accepting new patients, then he would ask her to refer him to someone that she trusted.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers