Thorne Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

Barb reread the addendum and dropped the papers to the floor. She lost track of time as she stood there thinking about the three options presented to her. One thing was for certain, she had to make sure that nothing happened to the baby. If it did all bets were off. On the face of it, the option of giving up parental rights seemed to be the best choice. But was it? According to Adrianna it was difficult to break a bond, but it seemed to have happened with Hans quite easily. But... what if the bond between her and Thorne couldn't be broken? She would still be stuck with him.

Maybe the first option was the best one, she would still have parental rights and if she changed her mind about how involved she wanted to be, there would be no issue but-there wasn't anything written that said that Thorne would try to break the bond. The third option- to live with him as his mate and to be a mother to a child that she didn't want-

A pain ripped through Barb's belly taking her breath away before she could complete the thought. She started to fall to her knees, but was caught by Adrianna and carried to bed.

"I'm going to call Mr. Blackwell," Adrianna said.

"NO! I'm fine," Barb said breathing easier now that the pain was gone.

"You are not fine," Adrianna said. "I think that the doctor needs to check you out."

"Please... don't," Barb said. "I'm really alright. The pain is completely gone."

Adrianna gave her a dubious look and then made a decision.

"I'm calling him and I'll tell you why," she said. "If something is really wrong and I didn't say anything, it's my ass. I'm sorry, but you have to understand that this is part of my job."

Barb started to beg Adrianna to reconsider, but didn't. Adrianna was already talking to Thorne.

"What happened?" He asked a few seconds later.

"Nothing... I was reading your addendum when the pain hit," Barb said lying. She left out the fact that she had been having unpleasant thoughts about the baby when the pain came.

"Not true," a soft voice said from the doorway. "Mama says that it's bad to fib."

Three pairs of adult eyes turned to see Celeste standing by the doorway with Wanda and Victoria at her side.

***

Celeste had been painting a picture of abstract shapes and colors when she froze and looked at Wanda.

"What's the matter peanut?" Wanda asked when she saw the expression on Celeste's face. She became alarmed when Celeste started to cry. "Celeste? What's the matter?"

Celeste threw her shields up, took a deep breath like Louise and Leon taught her to do and calmed down. She was needed. She closed her eyes, blocked everything out and began to move her lips.

"You are my sunshine..."

"What's she doing?" Victoria asked. "Who is she talking to?"

"I have no idea," Wanda replied concerned.

A few minutes later, Celeste opened her eyes. She looked at Victoria and Wanda, stood up and walked away. Seconds later, the girls followed her with no idea of where she was going. They made it to Barb's room just as Barb was telling Thorne when the pain hit.

***

"Not true," Celeste repeated.

"Celeste honey, why don't you go play or something?" Barb asked trying to send her away.

"Wait," Thorne said when he heard the anxiety in Barb's voice. "What is she talking about?"

"Who knows?" Barb asked in what she hoped was a nonchalant tone of voice. "She's always been a strange kid."

"Celeste, sweetheart; what are you talking about? What isn't true?" Thorne asked gently.

For just a moment, Celeste seemed older than her six years of age. She looked Barb directly in the face and spoke.

"What Aunt Barb said isn't true."

"Celeste-"

"Quiet, I want to hear what she has to say." Thorne said cutting Barb off.

It was becoming obvious to him that while small and young, Celeste Yancy was a powerhouse in the making. When Celeste started to speak, he stopped her.

"Wanda, will you please go get your parents? I think that they should be here."

"I'll go," Victoria offered. "I know where they are."

Barb lay on the bed watching helplessly as a six year old girl prepared to rat her out. What she didn't understand was how Celeste knew.

"What's going on?" Juliette asked when she and Hans got to Barb's room. "Victoria said something about Celeste and Barb."

Thorne quickly explained the situation and why he called for them.

"I wanted you here so that you can see that I am not taking advantage of your little girl. She apparently knows something that I don't and I would like your permission to ask her what that is."

"Barb, are you alright?" Juliette asked.

"I'm fine," Barb replied. "I need is rest and if you'll all leave, that can happen."

"I will leave you to your rest as soon as we find out if Celeste wants to tell us what she knows and Gretchen gets here to check on you and the baby," Thorne said.

Hans bent down, picked Celeste up and kissed her cheek.

"Do you want to tell Thorne what you know?" he asked. He and Juliette had already begun teaching her that her gift was hers to share or not as she chose.

"He wants me to," She replied softly.

"Who does?" Thorne asked confused.

"The baby- he wants me to tell."

"The baby?" Thorne asked. "I don't understand."

"He talks to me," Celeste said. "He's sad and scared because his mama doesn't want him."

Thorne was speechless. He had heard of empaths who could communicate with the dead and the unborn, but he had never met one. In fact, he wasn't so sure that they existed, but Celeste Yancy had just proven him wrong. Still... he held on to a little of his doubt.

"You don't believe me," Celeste said. "I can tell."

"It isn't that I don't believe you, but I'm wondering if you just think that you heard the baby talking to you" Thorne replied.

"I heard him," Celeste insisted.

"Oh for god's sake!" Barb exclaimed. "It's obvious that she's making it up now will you all please leave?"

That outburst, if anything convinced Thorne to hear Celeste out.

"Celeste, would you like to tell me what the baby said?" Thorne asked. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

The room was silent as Celeste considered her answer.

"He wants me to tell you that his mama doesn't want him and that he doesn't want to be born."

Everyone stared at her and then at Barb.

"What else?" Thorne asked.

"He's scared and wants to know if he's born if you will love him."

"Celeste, can he hear me?" Thorne asked after a few seconds.

"Yes."

"Will he allow me to talk to him?"

"He says yes."

Barb scooted back on the bed when Thorne turned toward her and began to approach her. There was an emotion in his eyes that she had never seen before: love, but it wasn't for her.

"Be still while I comfort our child," Thorne said firmly as he sat on the bed.

He placed his big hands on Barb's belly and began a slow, gentle circling motion with his hands as he began to talk.

"Hello little one," he crooned. "I am your father and I want to make a promise to you. I promise that when you are born, you will be surrounded by love. You have aunts, uncles and cousins who will help me make that happen. You are already loved by so many and I want you to remember that when you are afraid. I love you and will do anything that I need to so that you are safe. I only ask that you don't try to leave us so that we can show you that you are loved."

"He heard you," Celeste said.

"Does he believe me?"

"Yes...mama? I don't feel good," Celeste said and laid her head on Hans's shoulder.

"We're done here," Hans said.

"Of course," Thorne replied awed by the power of the little girl.

He removed his hands from Barb's stomach, stood up and walked over to Celeste.

"Thank you for sharing your gift with me. If there is anything that you ever want or need, it is yours. You and yours will always be under my protection."

Celeste looked at him, cocked her head to the side and spoke.

"Will you talk to Uncle Ethan?"

"Of course, but about what?" Thorne asked.

"You already know," Celeste replied and laid her head back on Han's shoulder. Seconds later, everything that she had eaten was on Hans's shoulder and on the floor.

"I'm sorry!" Juliette exclaimed. "I'll take care of it."

"No... please," Thorne replied. "I'll take care of it, tend to Celeste."

"Aunt Barb?" Celeste called as Hans started to walk away. "It isn't too late to learn to like your baby."

She dry heaved and let out a small miserable sounding cry before Hans and Barb left followed by Wanda and Victoria.

Barb watched the entire scene infuriated. She had been done in by a six year old who was too smart for her own good. Her feelings for Celeste went from fear to anger to dislike. Her breath caught as she felt what she considered a mental kick in the head. It seemed that Celeste and the baby were protecting each other.

Gretchen and Eustace showed up a few minutes later.

"Well, both of you are doing fine," Gretchen said after a thorough examination. "However, I want you to stay in bed for the next forty-eight hours. If you don't have any cramping you can get up, but hold off on the exercising and absolutely lovemaking of any kind."

"No problem there," Barb snipped earning a curious look from Gretchen.

"Good and since I'm here, I'll check on your sister. Call me if you need anything."

After Gretchen was gone, Thorne pulled up a chair and sat by the bed.

"What?" Barb snapped.

"You have some decisions to make," Thorne said. "You're going to be in this bed for the next two days so I suggest that you use the time to think about your future. I'll have Adrianna keep you posted on any developments and take care of any other needs that you may have. Now, if you'll excuse me; I have things to attend to."

Before he left, Thorne touched Barb's stomach and caressed it as he spoke to his son.

"Rest easy, you are loved and safe."

Barb watched him leave, started to get up but was stopped by Adrianna.

"Bed rest, tell me what you need and I'll get it."

Barb shot Adrianna an angry glare, lay back down and turned her back toward her.

"Whatever," Adrianna said. 'I'm in the sitting room if you need anything."

***

"How are you feeling?" Hans asked Celeste as he gave her a spoonful of her favorite flavor of Jell-O.

"Better, but I'm sleepy."

"Alright, one more bite and you can sleep," Hans said. He, like Thorne and Juliette had been shocked by the amount of power that Celeste had shown. He was immensely proud of her and wanted her to know it. "Celeste, we are very proud of you. Always remember that your power belongs to you and no one else. No one can make you use it. But also remember that it is never to be used for your own gain. Once you do that, it becomes easier to do each time."

He didn't know how much of what he said she understood, but it was a message that he and Juliette would keep repeating until she understood.

"Sleep well sweetheart," Hans said kissing her forehead. "We love you."

"I love you too papa-too," She sleepily replied. Moments later, she was sound asleep holding on to her favorite doll that had been a gift to her from Victoria and Wanda.

Juliette stood by the doorway watching. Her hand was on her stomach as she wished that she was feeling the joy of being pregnant as Louise was. "Someday," she murmured with a smile.

***

Leon held Nadine in his arms trying to convince her that he wouldn't do anything rash.

"Patrick, Nathan and Hans won't let me," he assured her.

"But I know you," she replied. "You'll see Harry and take off."

"Hans thinks that they're long gone," Leon replied, "but I won't ever stop looking for the bastard."

"I know... Leon, do you think that Barb will let one of us raise the baby?"

"I don't know, but we've never talked about babies. I know that it's an unspoken thing, but I want to hear you say that you'll have my babies," Leon said.

"I'll have as many as the fates allow," Nadine said kissing him and taking hold of his cock.

"I like the way that you say yes," Leon said.

Nadine broke the kiss and moved until her lips were level with his nipples. She took the nipple closest to her into her mouth and bit moaning when she felt his cock jerk in her hand.

"I really like that," Leon breathed.

Nadine's hand moved faster and harder up and down his erection. Normally, he liked to come that way, but now he didn't want to waste it. He took Nadine's hand from his pulsing member and put it over his pounding heart. He placed his hand over hers when she tried to move it back to his cock. In a sudden move, he had her beneath him and his lips were wrapped around a small dark nipple. He used the tip of a fang to graze across the sensitive tip. He suckled and nipped until she was writhing and pushing her breast into his mouth. She was the only woman that he had ever been with that could come with just her nipples being sucked and it still astounded him.

He moaned when Nadine grabbed his head in a vise like grip holding it still so that he could only move his lips and tongue.

"Suck harder!" she cried as her orgasm neared. "Harder!"

To tip her over the edge, Leon put his hand between her legs and pressed on her clit with his thumb. Nadine threw her head back and screamed like a banshee. Her clit was still pulsing when Leon moved down and took it into his mouth. Nadine stiffened as if she had been shot and then convulsed as Leon attacked her nub alternately biting and sucking on it.

"Come again for me," Leon thought to her. "Scream again."

Nadine opened her mouth and let out a keening wail of pleasure that started Leon's orgasm. He quickly moved up and aimed his cock at her vaginal opening and rammed into her just as his seed left his body. He kept thrusting long after he was empty wanting her to have every drop of him.

Afterwards, he made love to her again in a slow, leisurely manner. His hope was by the time the night was over, she would be carrying his child. He wanted her to have something to live for in case he didn't make it back.

**

Louise heard about the incident with Barb and Celeste a couple of hours after it happened. She was confused as to why she hadn't felt anything, but then realized that for whatever reason, the baby wanted Celeste to speak for him. In a way, she was relieved because it made her more open for other issues- namely the vampires that worked for Rufus.

Nathan sat on the sofa next to her with her feet in his lap massaging them with slow, but firm strokes. She looked down at her belly happy to see the evidence that she was indeed pregnant. She was glad that she had the foresight to bring a few sets of maternity clothes with her although she was hoping that they would be home before she had to wear them. Her gaze went from her belly to Nathan's face. She was scared and trying not to show it.

"Talk to me," Nathan said.

"I'm just scared," she replied after several seconds.

"I know, but try not to be. Hans, Leon and Patrick will have my back and I'll have theirs."

"I know, but I'm still scared. I just want this to be done with so that we can go back to getting ready for the baby and our other plans."

"Hopefully, it will be over soon," Nathan said. "We haven't been here for long, but I'm more than ready to have some real alone time with you. By the way, Rachel gave me her book of baby names. I thought that it would be fun to start thinking about what we're going to name her."

"Her?" Louise asked feigning indignation. "She could be a he or they and by the way, I know what you're doing- thank you."

"Did it work?"

"It helped," Louise said as she sat up and moved so that Nathan could put his arms around her. She was more nervous than she let on, but hid it well- or so she thought.

"We've had a rough start haven't we?" Nathan asked pulling her closer.

"Yeah, but it will be over soon won't it? I'm ready for a little peace and quiet."

"I hope so," Nathan replied. "Ethan and Thorne are cooking something up, but I don't know what it is."

"I don't understand why you and the others have to go. Don't you have soldiers that you could send?" Louise asked.

"We could, but that has never been our way." Nathan replied. "We defend our own and we don't ask others to do it for us."

"I knew that," Louise said.

"You're scared, I understand that; but we'll all come back." Nathan assured her.

When she got quiet, Nathan pushed her back so that he could look into her face.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"If you get caught or hurt, I'm going to look for you and don't you dare tell me not to," Louise said her tone firm. "I know that you're worried about our safety, but don't be; we're going to be fine. I will however promise you this, I won't do anything unless I know something's wrong."

"Louise-"

"I can sense them and find them if I need to just as I can and will sense you if I need to. Please don't tell me not to help look for you or the others if anything happens. What good is having a gift if I can't use it?"

"You'll do it even if I tell you no won't you?" Nathan asked already knowing the answer.

"Let me ask you something, if I were to be taken; would you come after me? Wouldn't you use every gift that you had to help find me?"

"Of course I would, but that's different," Nathan replied.

"How?" Louise asked. "Because I'm a woman?"

"No... because you're pregnant-"

"And not helpless!" Louise broke in. "Are you telling me that if I weren't pregnant, that we wouldn't be having this conversation?"

She had him dead to rights.

"I just want you and the baby to be safe," Nathan said.

"And I want you back home with us. Nathan, I promise that I won't do anything rash, but I won't sit back and do nothing if I can help bring all of you home."

Louise was right about one thing, various versions of the same conversation were happening everywhere in the house with the exception of one place.

***

"Ethan will be leading one group, I will lead another with Nathan leading a third group," Thorne said to Barb. "We will be leaving as soon as it's dark enough. I'm going to remind you once more that you must do as Adrianna says-"

"Yeah I know!" Barb snapped. "I have to keep the precious cargo safe."

"Your safety matters as well," Thorne said. "I may not love you, but that doesn't mean that I want any harm to come to you."

"Why don't I believe that?" Barb asked.

"What you believe or don't believe is up to you," Thorne replied with a shrug of his broad shoulders. "But believe this, if anything happens to anyone in this house because of your petty jealousies and insecurities; I won't be your only concern."

"You would choose them over me?" Barb asked incredulous. "I thought that you hated them."

"The Sinclaires and Blackwell's were friends as well as allies at one time. We are still allies no matter what we feel for each other. Because of the child that you carry, we are now family. Because of that it's in our best interest to work out any differences that we may have. I would like to suggest that you consider doing the same with your family. Of course depending on the decision that you make, that may be a moot point. At any rate, I have preparations to make; have a good rest."

After Thorne left, Barb tried to pinpoint how she felt. A few minutes later, the word trapped came to mind. The urge to run away hit her but left just as quickly as it had come. If she ran, where would she go? And more importantly, what would she do with the baby? She knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Thorne and her family would come looking for her and wouldn't stop until they found her. The idea of two powerful families looking for her took care of the urge to run.

She started to get up but then remembered that she was on bed rest. She wanted a snack and something to drink. The only way that she was going to get it was through Adrianna to whom she had nothing to say.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers