Thorne Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers

They talked until late afternoon and went to bed. There was nothing else to be decided at that point in time.

*****

The next evening, all of the homes were searched and deemed safe to return to. Martin and his family were the first to leave after Rachel set up a time with the other women to meet. Hans and Juliette and their kids were next followed by Ethan, Katrina and Victoria who was already texting Wanda. Leon, Nadine and the twins and their mates left shortly after them leaving Louise and Nathan last. The wounded had already been taken either to their homes or to a place where they would be cared for. Louise wanted to talk to Barb before they left to make sure that she knew about the meetings with Rachel.

"I know that this whole thing has been really hard on you and I hope that you come to the meetings."

"Maybe... we'll see," Barb replied.

"Barb," Louise said taking her hand and holding on to it when Barb tried to pull away. "There is no reason for you to go through whatever it is that you and Thorne are going through alone. There's no need for you to go through this pregnancy alone. We're here for you if you'll let us in. It has very little to do with wanting you to change- you are who you are but it has everything to do with family. Like it or not, we are family and that family now includes Noel, Thorne and their family as well. All we want is to get along as a family should-think about it."

Louise released Barb's hand and stood to leave.

"Oh... we're getting together to decorate the nurseries and to go shopping if you want to come-is it okay to call you with the date and time?"

Barb felt the voice holding its breath as she thought about her response. She could feel it willing her to say yes. After a long pause; she replied.

"Sure, but I make no promises that I'll be there."

Barb expected the voice to say something, but it didn't. She could have sworn that she felt it smile-that's if it was possible for a voice to smile.

******

Thorne sat at his desk staring at the phone. He knew that his mother was home because Noel had spoken with her not more than twenty minutes before. Instead of calling her, he picked up the phone, looked at it and put it back down. He wasn't any more ready to make the second call than he was the one to his mother. The only thing that made him pick it up again was the thought of his son. If he wanted to be a good father, he had to make that call.

He silenced his father's voice telling him that psychiatry and therapy were for the weak and dialed Eustace Matthew's number.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers