Thorne Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

Nathan came back thirty minutes later with the sandwiches, juice and the hated multivitamins. Nathan ate with one hand on Louise's stomach. He didn't want to miss feeling another movement. When they were finished eating and the vitamins taken Nathan moved the tray off the bed and stretched out next to Louise. Louise settled into his arms and closed her eyes. She was determined to finally begin to enjoy her pregnancy.

She placed her hand on top of Nathan's as it made its way from her stomach to her breast. It felt good to be able to make love in their own bed and without the worry of being heard or disturbed. She looked up at Nathan and kissed him offering him her tongue as she pushed closer to him. With a thought he undressed them and pulled back so that he could look at her. He could have sworn that her aura was a hot white and pulsed with her heartbeat.

"What?" Louise asked.

"Nothing- it's just that you're so damned beautiful and I'm proud of you," Nathan replied. "Our daughter is going to be just as beautiful as you are."

Nathan bent his head down, kissed her the spot over her heart and then took a nipple into his mouth. He took his time and was gentle because she seemed to be more sensitive to his touch. That was confirmed when he flicked his stiffened tongue across the nipple and then gently sucked. Louise pulled back indicating that it was too much. He switched from sucking to licking and was rewarded with soft moans of pleasure.

"Nathan!" was all she got out before she was crying out her release and he hadn't even touched any of her other erogenous zones. Her sudden orgasm caught Nathan completely off guard and he rolled from the bed onto the floor. It took Louise a moment to realize that he was on the floor and looking at her with a shocked expression on his face.

"Oh my god-Nathan! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but wow... I barely touched you," he replied getting up. "Are you alright? That was a pretty intense orgasm."

"I'm fine and... I want to do it again minus the you on the floor part."

'I'm game of you are," Nathan said as he got back on the bed. "I suppose tasting you is out of the question?"

"I don't know about that..."

"I'll stay away from your nub, but I want and need to taste you," Nathan said as he stroked her arms.

A moment later, his head was between her legs and he was planting soft kisses on her thighs. He stopped when she began to tense signaling that she was going to come. He made a mental note to call Gretchen to ask about the increased sensitivity while making love. He couldn't remember hearing anything about it in school or from other mated males and he wasn't about to ask his father or uncles something so personal.

He waited until she she was relaxed and started again. His lips were barely touching her skin and she was once again on the brink of orgasm. Then he had an idea.

"Sweetheart, put up your shields and try to dull the sensations that you're feeling."

Louise did as he asked and it helped- a lot. It would be something that they would have to do for the remainder of the pregnancy unless she wanted to come fast and hard. Nathan settled in to enjoy teasing her pussy with his nose, lips and tongue. He lapped up her juices as they ran from her and finally latched onto her clit tugging at it with his teeth and lips until she came with a scream that made his ears ring. Her orgasm was barely over before he was sliding into her slowly and gently. What he wasn't prepared for was the intensity of his orgasm when it hit. It reminded him of how intense the orgasms had been when he turned Louise. Even after the orgasm waned, he kept pumping into her until they came again. Finally sated, he lay by her side and pulled her into his arms. He was going to make a comment, but she had already fallen asleep.

While she slept, he did some thinking about the past few weeks. It was far from over- they all knew that. But the question was how long before things started up again? The best case scenario was never, the worst case scenario was that the anti-Olivia, anti-vampire groups would quickly get their acts together before Olivia, Thorne and Ethan were ready. It was time to make emergency plans. He had been meaning to find an emergency get-away for them, but hadn't gotten around to it. There was always something happening. Now he had no choice. He owned land that he had done nothing with in several states and began to think about which state to go to. When Louise woke up, they would talk about it. He wondered if any of the others had places and decided to call them as well. The other thing that crossed his mind was that all of the female mates that weren't turned needed to be. It could make the difference between life and death of them or the children in the family.

The last person that crossed his mind before he drifted off to sleep was Joseph. They hadn't spoken since the twin's wedding and he was sure that he hadn't talked to anyone. He added calling Joseph to his growing list of things to do. But first things first- a safe place for Louise and the baby and then he could deal with the rest.

****

Ethan hung up after talking with Thorne and made a few calls of his own. He could hear Katrina in the bathroom preparing for one of his favorite times of the day- their bath. While she was getting ready, he went to check on Victoria. When they got home, she had planted herself in his lap not moving until Ethan tucked her into bed.

"Papa?"

"It's over for now- go back to sleep," Ethan said kissing her forehead. "We'll check on you later."

"You don't have to, I'm okay now." Victoria replied sleepily.

"I know that we don't but we will just because we love you, sleep tight pumpkin."

Ethan kissed her again, turned off the light and left the room softly closing the door behind him.

"Is she alright?" Katrina asked when he got back to the bedroom.

"For now she is," Ethan replied. "I'm worried about her though. We barely get over the Bradford Jefferson thing and then this happens. I know that she's a strong little girl, but she's still just a little girl."

Ethan's worry increased when Katrina told him about Barb wanting to go into the kitchen.

"She still thinks that what happened to Veronica is her fault," Katrina said. "I think that she'll always feel that way no matter what anyone says. I just wish that we could help her see that it wasn't her fault."

"I know-maybe time will help," Ethan said hugging Katrina close. "We all need some time to take a deep breath. I would like to suggest a family vacation- you, me the twins, their mates and Victoria. I think it would do all of us a world of good."

"I agree, but why do I think that there's more to it than that?" Katrina asked.

"Because you know me too well," Ethan replied kissing her neck and then her shoulder. "We'll talk about it after we get up-let's enjoy our bath and get some rest."

"Rest?" Katrina teased.

"Yes rest- well- after we make up for lost time," Ethan teased back. "Go get started, I need to make one more quick phone call."

"Who are you calling?" Katrina asked.

"Mason- maybe he'll have some ideas on how we can help Victoria."

"Are they in town? I thought they went to San Diego to stay with Toni's parents until she had the baby."

"That was the plan, but it may have changed," Ethan replied.

Instead of going into the bathroom, Katrina stood next to Ethan with her arms around his waist. A moment later, Mason's deep voice was on the phone.

"How are things? I heard that that sick son of a bitch Rufus Saunders is dead."

"That's true," Ethan replied. "It's far from over, but things are calm at the moment. How's Toni?"

"She's fine- anxious for the baby to come."

"Still no baby?" Ethan asked. "She looked like she was about to deliver when we last saw you."

"Well- she wasn't as far along as we thought. This is going to be one big baby."

"When is the anticipated date of birth?"

"Any day now, but we were thinking that a couple of weeks ago," Mason replied. "We're trying not to stress about it too much. Neither of us are working- Eustace is seeing the few patients that I had. So how is everyone there?"

Mason listened as Ethan told him about his and Katrina's concerns about Victoria.

"How can we help her?" Ethan asked.

"Well," Mason mused, "I think that you're already doing the right things. A vacation is a good idea and don't push her to talk about what she's feeling. If you can, try to avoid talking about the past few weeks unless she brings it up."

"Some of this sounds familiar," Ethan remarked.

"I'm sure that it does," Mason replied. "Call me if you need anything."

"We will and give our love to Toni."

Ethan hung up and told Katrina what Mason said.

"We'll let her know that she can talk to us at any time about anything and let it go at that."

"Let's go check on her one more time," Katrina suggested.

Holding hands they left their room and went to Victoria's. She was on her side, sound asleep with her mouth open- a sure indicator that she was out for the count. Relieved, they went back to their room, stripped and got into the large bathtub. They made love once before Katrina was fast asleep. Ethan lifted her out of the tub, wrapped her in a towel and tucked her in much like he had Victoria. While she slept, he logged on to his laptop and did some research on the best place to build a secret hide-away

*

The various households were doing or thinking about the same thing even though they wanted nothing more than to take a break and enjoy the relative peace and quiet. Kevyn was the one who put it in perspective for Patrick.

"We need to take a breath," she said when he began talking about future plans. "Even during wars everyone took a break to regroup. I think they call it rest and relaxation," she said as she rubbed the front of his shorts.

Patrick pulled her close, nuzzled his nose in her hair and hugged her. She was right he decided. They hadn't had one moment of peace since they met. There was something else that he wanted to talk to her about, but not now- they deserved some quality time.

"Spit it out," Kevyn said kissing his neck. "You won't relax until you do."

"It can wait," Patrick replied. "Let's ..."

"Patrick," Kevyn said firmly. "I know you; now spit it out."

Patrick sighed and told her what he was thinking.

"I don't know if you've given much thought into turning, but I think it may be for the best. I need to know that you'll be able to defend yourself..."

"I've already thought about it," Kevyn interrupted. "I've been thinking about it since Louise turned. I know that Juliette has been thinking about it too- this isn't over is it? That's why you want me to turn."

Patrick's silence was her answer.

"When do we do it?"

*

Juliette snuggled into Hans after they made love for the third time that night. The kids were tucked into bed and seemed none the worse for wear. The fact that Celeste wasn't overly upset went a long way to ease Juliette's anxiety. She knew that Hans had some things that he wanted to talk about and even knew what they were, but she wasn't ready for reality to intrude just yet.

"Julie...."

"Not yet... please?"

"It can wait," Hans said as he rubbed her back. "But we must talk and soon."

"I know- we'll talk after we get up," Juliette replied. "I just need a little more time. Hans- you could have been killed! Leon could have died! What would have happened to us? And I'm not talking about money. What would we have done without you? And what happens now? You and I both know that this isn't over. It's going to get even worse isn't it?"

"Yes," Hans replied. He had learned that it was best not to sugar coat things for her. Once she heard the truth her anxiety level would spike, but then she would calm down and focus on what needed to be done. He also found that the best time to discuss things with her was when they were in bed- it was a place of safety for her.

Juliette closed her eyes and snuggled even closer and let the anxiety wash over her. She shivered, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

*

Nadine sat on the side of the bed watching Leon sleep. She had come much too close to losing him and would have if Nathan and Hans hadn't been there. The wound on his chest was just about healed, but he would have a small scar. With a start she realized that it was probably similar to the one that she had given Harry. She felt nauseated and looked away from the healing wound. Even though he was dead, Harry had managed to leave her a reminder of what he had done to her.

She began to cry as she forced herself to touch the wound. Leon was right, she realized. She needed to talk to someone about her time with Harry and his family. She also had to come to grips with the fact that William was now a part of the good guys. He had never really hurt her- he fed from her as the rest of them did and for the most part he was kind to her. But that didn't change the fact that he knew what Harry was doing to her and did nothing to stop him. She wasn't sure that she could ever forgive him for that. Then there was Nell who had pretended to be her friend- or had she? It had felt real, but then she had never had a real friend before.

"Dina? What's wrong baby?" Leon asked as he reached for her.

"I'm fine- no I'm not," she finally confessed. "You're right about me needing to talk to someone about what happened. I hope that you won't be offended if it isn't you- I just need to talk to someone who understands."

Leon let out a sigh of relief. He didn't care who she talked to a long as she got help.

"I don't mind at all," he replied. "I love you and I want you to be happy. Come lie next to me."

"Oh no you don't," Nadine said laughing. "You're supposed to be resting and if I lay next to you, I know what's going to happen."

"I feel great," Leon replied, "Now get over here."

"Leon..."

"Dina, I'm fine but I'll be even better with you next to me."

"Fine," she replied after a few seconds hesitation. "Let me cover that wound up first."

Leon started to tell her that it was fine, but then understood what was happening. He watched her hands tremble as she picked up the 4x4 gauze that appeared on the bed. He made no comment as she applied the gauze to the wound and then taped it. He also noticed that once the wound was out of view, she relaxed and lay on the bed next to him. He knew that she would ask about the fight with Harry even though she really didn't want to hear about how close he had come to dying. She would however, want to hear about how Harry died. It would be the beginning of her healing.

****

Thorne got to the club and looked around beginning with the outside. He was still amazed that it had been relatively untouched. There was some graffiti on the back wall and door, but was easily fixed. The front of the club was untouched. He released the wards and walked in. Things were as he had left them. He would call in the staff in another day or so to get the club ready for reopening. He thought better of it and decided to keep the club closed for an undetermined amount of time. He would do the cleanup himself and would put money enough money into each employee's account so that they wouldn't have to work.

He turned when he felt someone approach the front door.

"Thorne?" Eustace's deep voice boomed.

Thorne met him at the door and let him in. "Can I offer you a drink?" he asked when Eustace was inside.

"Sure- you got any scotch?"

A few minutes later, they were sitting in Thorne's office drinks in hand. Eustace watched Thorne with a practiced eye and knew that it had been a hard thing for him to call him. It was always hard for vampires like Thorne. Like Ethan, something drastic had to happen in order for him to make the call. He wondered what it was. Thorne he knew was no rapist. He knew from the few times that he had spoken with him that he was cold to those he wasn't concerned with and that included his mate. It made him question the wisdom of the fates in not allowing mates' time to get to know each other before they took the plunge. Thorne and his mate were a case in point.

"My father used to say that therapy was for the weak," Thorne said after a few minutes had passed.

"What do you think?" Eustace asked.

"For the most part I agreed with him," Thorne said. "And to some small degree, I still do."

"Then why call me?" Eustace asked sitting his glass down.

"Because I also believe that he was wrong thus making me wrong," Thorne replied. "I have also come to realize that sometimes one must examine one's life and choices because of someone that they love."

"Who is it that led you to call me?" Eustace asked.

"My son," Thorne replied.

"What about your mate?" Eustace asked. "Does she have anything to do with this?"

"In a way she does," Thorne replied after thinking about it, "but not in the way that you might think. I won't sit here and bull shit you-your time is valuable as is mine. I am primarily here because I want to be a good father to my son. As far as my mate goes- she will be provided for and protected, but I don't love her nor is that going to happen. We are together because of irrational and selfish decisions on my part. We are still together if you want to call it that- because of the child."

"Tell me how you met," Eustace said reaching for his drink.

Eustace didn't say anything for a long time after Thorne finished. When he spoke, it was to ask a question.

"You don't want a mate do you?"

"No and I never have. The pregnancy hasn't changed that."

"Another question- if your mate wasn't so much like your mother, would you have made more of an effort to make it work?"

The question shook Thorne. How many times had he wished that Barb was more like Louise who he had liked as soon as he saw her?

"Maybe," he finally admitted, "but I believe that the end result would have been the same."

"Another question- if you could have chosen your mate; who would you have chosen and why?"

"What does this have to do with anything?" Thorne demanded not wanting to answer the question.

"It's a part of it," Eustace replied. "Why won't you answer the question?"

Thorne glared at Eustace but asked himself the same question.

"Thorne, you can't just pick the parts of you that you want to fix and ignore the rest," Eustace said. "I understand why you don't want your mate. I understand that both of you made choices that brought you together and I will even concede that the fates are at times lunatics-but you still need to admit what it is you want in a mate if for no other reason than you can explain to your son why you and his mother aren't together."

"Shit," Thorne swore. This was much harder than he thought it would be. It was also something that wouldn't be resolved in one meeting.

"So tell me who your ideal mate would be and why," Eustace urged. "And don't worry- I'm not here to judge, but to help."

"I don't give a rat's ass about being judged," Thorne said curtly. "I'm going to answer your question and after I do, we move on; is that clear?"

Eustace leaned forward in his chair and stared at Thorne with flashing dark eyes.

"Let me explain a few things to you," he said. "You called me for help. I'm here to do that, but I don't cut corners nor do I avoid certain topics because it makes the client uncomfortable. I'm not here to make you feel good but I am here to help you with your issues. Now- you have to decide just what it is you want from me. If it's to pat you on the hand and tell you that it's going to be alright, you've called the wrong therapist. If you don't want to work to fix your problem, again; you've called the wrong therapist. I don't believe in fucking around-as you said, my time is as valuable as yours is so when you've decided what you want- call me."

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers