Thoroughly Loving Nina Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The CD began playing the 'Wedding March' and in came Kate and Leigh both dressed identically followed by Nina on the arm of Joe Black, both dressed identically to Vic's outfit.

Nina said later she'd not seen Vic in his wedding gear until that moment and her knees gave way but Joe Black was up to the task of steadying her. No longer was she nervous.

Vic would say later Nina just had to be unequalled as a Western bride and he had felt so immensely proud of her and remained amazed she'd chosen to marry a jerk like him. These comments came during short speeches during the Wedding Breakfast. Some of the women shouted Vic down when he indicated he was not good enough for Nina.

"Stop abusing yourself Vic," Kate shouted, causing many to erupt into laughter.

Kate, immensely proud, had led everyone into her newly extended dinning room where four women from nearby ranches were lined ready to serve food and their husband ready to uncork the champagne. It was a great and happy time and after a bit of liquor Bella and Betsy lost their shyness. The happy gathering began to disperse with the arrival of three helicopters to take the bridal party into The Town.

* * *

The parade started, led by the chief of police followed by cheerleaders and then Nina, Vic and Kevin. As it turned into Main Street Nina called to Vic – "They've decorated the street – doesn't it look magnificent."

The street was lined with people, mostly people unable to secure tickets to enter the Dome. Nina was thrilled that many of the people calling 'Nina' were actually calling 'Nina, Juna.' She'd wept at the assembly area when with fatherly pride Joe Black handed her Juna's reins and said, "My gift to you, Nina. Never sell her."

Later they'd see the parade on local television, clips from which went nation-wide. The Ladies' Town Club was easily the largest sector with 760 members turning out to march.

Twenty minutes later the parade began entering the Dome and another Twenty minutes would pass before the tail of the parade entered the area to continuing applause.

The wedding ceremony was replicated and provided some moving moments for people keen to shed a tear. Then, to great applause, Nina was called to ride up the spiral ramp to halt in front the box where the dignitaries were seated. As she began her ride Kevin was introduced and then asked to follow. Finally Joe Black was called to a huge and sustained welcome. Joe rode Vic's Palomino and waving his old black Stetson from competition days to the crowd, was acknowledging this as one of his finest hours.

Commissioner Mel Jones, speaking on behalf of the City's three commissioners, welcomed everyone and acknowledged of organizers and sponsors and then announced the three nominations would now be detailed.

Trinity Twill welcomed Joe Black back to his 'adopted County' as she called it and cited highlights of his distinguished career in rodeo. Stating that Joe's feats were already enshrined in the county's Hall of Fame she then announced her organization, the Ladies Town Club of which she was president, was pleased to announce it would take immediate steps to sponsor the nomination of Joe Black to be inducted into the national Rodeo Hall of Fame.

Joe received a standing ovation.

Nina was asked to dismount and lead Juna forward. Kate Levett reminded everyone of the outstanding contribution to the fame of the Quarter House Juna had made in assisting Nina Alice Raymond or Nina Alice Raymond-Haig as she was now to go riderless to summons help for a stricken cowboy. She then announced that she and friends would be nominating Juna to be inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.

The crowd clapped and cheered.

Nina was asked to remount and to ride to the perimeter of the arena of the Dome. The master of ceremonies urged people in the parade to move in tighter towards the center to allow Nina to demonstrate a giant leap in skills to perform as a cowgirl since making her dramatic contribution to the rescue of Kevin Hazelwood. Her tutors had been the last speaker, Kate Levett and master horseman, Joe Black.

Joe Black took the microphone.

"Okay Nina, an easy trot to warm up."

Away she went.

"You're looking too comfortable Nina; look where you've been."

The crowed applauded as Nina rose on her stirrups and performed the difficult maneuver of balancing while kicking free of her stirrups and turning to move down the saddle – for a moment on one hand, while she swung her legs to drop on the saddle riding backwards.

"Back you go, taking the easy was Nina."

In a great feat of balance she stood on the saddle and spinning around dropped back into her seat, riding forward again.

"Okay Nina, into a canter and test the cinders."

Nina kicked Juna into a canter and gracefully dropped off the saddle to hit the dust-free surface and bounce off it and pulling on the saddle horn regained her seat.

"Nina, there's a mad bull broken into the Dome arena and is threatening everyone there. Contain that danger, Nina."

She pulled out her lariat, the crowd laughing as a clown wearing the fake head of a bull trotted on to the area bellowing and then broke into a run. Nina ran him down, roping him to the accompaniment of great laughter.

"Okay Nina, finally to end your exhibition. There's a drunken jerk on this side of the arena clowning around with a whisky bottle. Take it off him please. Don't hurt him as you're not insured."

Juna broke into a gallop and leaning out of the saddle Nina snatched the bottle from the drunk – he was on his back, feet in the air, the bottle between them. The crowd cheered and then groaned when they saw the bottle arc ahead of Juno to hit the ground and stop in a spin. Juna skidded to a halt and under Nina's direction went on to her knees, Nina reached down, recovered the bottle and returning upright kicked Juna into a canter and waved the bottle triumphantly as she returned up the ramp to sustained applause.

The master of ceremonies said, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls – a fine exhibition of riding, don't you think?"

The crowd roared its approval.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I now give you Mrs Hannah Black, who's in our County Hall of Fame for her feats in horse endurance racing when she was a young woman. She's wife of Joe Black and with Hannah is her daughter who'll speak first. I give you Margo Hazelwood."

Margo received a polite clap as she took the podium.

"You've just seen a wonderful riding exhibition from a lovely lady who just over a year ago was a greenhorn from the city who's never ridden a horse, never fired a gun. On Monday Nina and husband Vic take over their 60,000 acre ranch to rear horse and cattle and to sink millions of dollars into creating one of the best introductions to the cowboy and cowgirl way that dudes can buy for a six-day stay-over. Nina as most of you know saved the life of my husband Kevin – that's him down in front of me with my father, Joe Black, and Nina Raymond-Haig. Gritty Nina hauled out Kevin's rifle and shot one of the finest horses my father has raised. It had been writhing in agony with two legs shattered, trapping my Kevin. Nina put the horse out of its misery, thus beginning a most remarkable rescue operation involving numerous people and, of course the gallant Juno who you've just seen has been ridden by Nina in a partnership that would make better-than-average cowgirls green with envy. Thank God you came to work for my parents for a year, Nina and happened to be visiting them at the time of Kevin's near-fatal incident. And thank God you were the person riding that day with Kevin, Nina. I totally endorse what the next speaker is about to say. Thank you everyone."

There was a moment's silence then a huge response of clapping – no whistles or cheering – as the crowd acknowledged the auburn-hair cowgirl who'd just spoken from the heart.

"Hi everyone. What a huge turn-out – we are overwhelmed. I'm Hannah, wife of Joe Black, former co-employee of the remarkable Nina Raymond-Haig. I stand here today to announce on behalf of my small group of cowgirl friends the start of the process to nominate Nina Alice Raymond-Haig for induction into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame."

Waiting for the cheering to die, Hannah continued. "Yes, it's true Nina is a so-called 'five-minute wonder' into cowgirl fame. She's not made a name for herself at rodeo, working with horses, demonstrating skill working cattle or performing outstanding service in cowgirl organization administration. In fact she's not currently even a member of a cowgirl association. But dammit, so what? Ask around anywhere in the country, even abroad, for a name of the best known cowgirl alive today and I'll guarantee the names mentioned of cowgirls who actually are alive today will include the name Nina Raymond many times over. In that day of glory, saving the life of my son-in-law, Nina has immortalized herself as one of the great cowgirls. The nomination remains for life, so if the hierarchy determines that in its opinion Nina has to do more before joining the legendary cowgirls, then so be it. Nina hasn't finished yet, not by a long shot. We'll be lodging our nomination during this coming week. Thank you."

Hannah was applauded and the call began, "Nina, Nina, Nina!" It died as the master of ceremonies leaned over and handed Nina a cordless microphone.

"Hi folk, this sure is one funny wedding day I'm having. My husband may be unlucky if I'm not unconscious from huge emotion, alcohol intake and exhaustion by the time I arrive in bed."

She waited for the laughter to die.

"Thank you Hannah and friends for the nomination. I'll accept the ruling of the powers that be because no way do I wish to diminish the high standard met by those girls who have been elevated to the great Hall of Fame. Thank you Margo for your lovely words – we both know saving the good guys is what we do in life!"

More cheers, especially from women, were near-deafening.

"I could stay here all afternoon thanking everyone, but will spare you. I just want to especially thank my friend Kate Levett for giving me my real wedding, President Trinity Twill and her Ladies Town Club for sponsoring and organizing this tremendous gathering at the Dome and the parade – oh, there's just so many of you wonderful people to thank soundlessly. But I must mention one more. When I learned of the legend of Joe Black from his top cowgirl Bella Jones, the next time Joe told me to straighten my back I knew I wanted to be a cowgirl. Bella and Joe and Kate set pretty high standards to follow, huh? Bella has already started work for Vic and me as wrangler boss with the horses and her great friend and another Joe Black protégé Betsy Marks will be cattle boss. With Bella being so strong we really don't need another man around apart from Vic and our consultant cattleman who is Kate's father most of you guys know as Gabby, so whenever we hire only cowgirls need apply. Thank you."

As arranged, the bands in the arena grouped as Joe rode King down the ramp to allow Vic to mount and return up the ramp to collect his bride. The combined bands then played 'The Grand March from Aida' as the Bride and Bridegroom went down the ramp, cantered one and a half times around the perimeter of the area to loud cheers and then turned and waited as the mass of people, horses, props and vehicles from the parade parted. A gun fired, the gates at the far end opened and Nina and Vic kicked their horses and galloped from the arena. They handed over their horses at the hotel, they showered and changed into fresh clothes before going down to the wedding breakfast due to commence at 5:00 with cocktails.

"I love you Nina, not in the perfect fashion, but in my own way I love you deeply."

"She knew what he meant. He had a wild bronco for a dick. Well, if he lost his desire for other women and just kept Leigh in the shadows; that would do her. She looked at him adoringly and opened her lips slightly, moving in to kiss her husband.

*

EPILOGUE

Six months after the wedding Kate is three month's pregnant thanks to Vic's intervention and his tireless efforts – although he'd say no effort really.

Nina has just learned she's pregnant. She knows the father can only be Vic.

The new homestead on the knoll at Haig Ranch is under-way; the cabins from Joe and Hannah Black's ranch are all in place and are being renovated following cleaning up the mess made by the blasting and excavation through rock to form the new artificial lake.

Approval has been secured for the conversion of the former homestead into hotel-style luxury suites. It will be next summer before the first dudes arrive.

The old barn and outbuilding became firewood and the replacements are grouped two hundred yards closer to the better pastureland.

Not unexpectedly, Bella is boss in the bunkhouse down there.

Leigh received a bit of a surprise recently but found she was only a few days late. It gave her quite a shock to realize when thinking she might be pregnant she didn't mind whether her husband or Vic was the father.

There has been a switch in primary roles. Nina is now running the ranch and has become a multi-skilled cowgirl while Vic has taken over ranch administration including responsibility for the ranch guest operation. He is also stud master with Kate buying in mares to allow King to produce progeny likely to qualify for registration as Palomino horses.

Nina comes out as cover photo on this month's issue of 'Cowgirl Magazine' with an extensive interview with her. One of the photographs illustrating the story shows Nina surrounded by school children. Third and fourth graders from schools in the region visit Haig Ranch as part of school studies, with focus on Nina and Juno. The growing legend of Nina as a truly focused cowgirl had led to her just being nominated as 'Cowgirl of the year'. Just about every dude arriving at the ranch asks, "When can we meet Nina."

Nina is now vice-president of the Ladies Town Club and her next best friend after Kate Levett is club junior vice-present Leigh Masters. Those two combined to loan finance for the construction of Kate's indoor riding school which is managed by retired rancher Joe Black.

Everyone in The Town and its hinterland who gossip – which is almost like saying everyone – agrees that it was a great day for the County when Nina Raymond-Haig and her husband came looking to buy a ranch.

THE END

12