Those Eyes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We are all biologically related. We were born vampires."

"So, vampires can reproduce?" I asked.

"Yep."

"But I thought that vampires were essentially...dead?" There was so much information to be learned. There was so much that the world had wrong.

"Nope, not dead. We also don't sleep in coffins, garlic has no effects, a stake to the heart would kill anything, we regenerate much faster but can be killed by most human means, and sunlight has no real effect anymore. We can see our reflections, which is a good thing considering the narcissistic nature of the vampire. Oh, and we don't turn into bats. But that would be pretty cool. Vampire 101."

"Hm." Was all that I could say as I processed the information. "What did you mean that sunlight doesn't affect you any longer?"

"When we're younger, up until age five, the sun can be pretty deadly but we grow out of it."

"Oh," I said as my stomach growled. We hadn't eaten since we set out. We were so ill prepared for this trip, the only thing that I had with me was my MacBook and my molecular genetics text book. I had driven Alex to his apartment where we parked my car and got his.

"There are some blood bags in the center console." He said, looking at me tentatively. I blanched at the idea of drinking blood.

"I would prefer...human food, if you don't mind." I said, hoping that I hadn't offended him.

He laughed. "I meant for me. I'm hungry also. I just saw a sign for a food exit. No worries, sweetheart."

-Alex-

I watched as she opened the center console as I parked.

"A freezer?!" She exclaimed.

I laughed, "Yeah, it's pretty necessary," I said as she handed me the bag of O negative.

I was starving and the sound of her blood running through her bodies was driving me insane. As I tore into the bag, I prayed that I would get to taste her again soon. She was obviously as drawn to me as I was to her. It was obvious in the way she appraised me when she thought that I wasn't paying attention. It was a miracle that we hadn't crashed. I had barely taken my eyes off her the entire three hours that we had been in the car.

I was still so surprised that she had agreed to go with me but if she was feeling for me a fraction of what I was feeling for her, I knew she felt like going with me was something that she had to do. Being this close to her in the car settled my soul. I watched her every move as she exited the car and walked into the fast food restaurant. Her skinny jeans fit her curves like they were painted on. Her hair was in a long, thick braid and her plain black tank top rode up a little as she walked, revealing her golden skin. I groaned. I had never wanted someone as much as I wanted her.

I realized that I liked everything about this girl even her awkwardness. I thought back to her recalling her childhood in the very place that were now heading to and figured that I should bring it up. She had told me in the library that she hadn't been back home since she left for school. She seemed strangely ok with going back which made me curious.

I finished my second bag as she walked out munching on what smelled like a grilled chicken sandwich. She climbed back in and we sat in companionable silence as she ate her meal. When she returned from throwing the garbage away, I decided to ask her about her relaxed demeanor.

"I'm kind of hoping that going home will give me some answers. I can't shake the feeling that Papa knew something."

"So, you're using me?" I asked, only slightly serious.

"No, you've just given me the means to do this. I couldn't go alone. With you here...I don't know...your presence is comforting. With you, I can do this." She said as she sipped her drink. "With you, it feels like...it will all be okay."

Her words struck something inside of me and I was filled with warmth. I didn't understand why her simple statement affected me so. I didn't understand why this girl, in general, affected me. All I wanted in that moment was to help her and I sent up a silent prayer that going home would give her the answers that she needed.