Three Babes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmmm."

"I tried to pump her for deeper comment but she changed the subject. What do you make of that?"

"They may have to engage a recruitment agency. But thanks for telling me this. I gather you weren't told about this in confidence?"

"No, mom said it in frustration I think."

"Or she might have been reporting to me deviously."

Christie nodded and said, "You will have decided to just sit tight."

"Yeah and good thinking. Sometimes it pays to keep out of it and I think this is one of those times. They will be annoyed and in no mood to be pushed. There's nothing wrong with their business, and they know that. I think it's just the location. This city is rather isolated."

"That manager has look over here twice at you."

"And you, and everyone else I imagine. It will be part of her job."

"I hadn't thought about that. She's very attractive."

He wondered what was eating Christie and decided to give her a nudge.

"So I think I ought to hit on her?"

Watching a waitress arrive with his sandwich she said crossly she thought nothing of the sort.

"How's your romance going?"

She tensed and said, "He's very much nicer than you might think."

"I have no thoughts about him and never have. Well how are you going with the review of risk management?"

"Making steady progress. I need to be thorough."

"Yes of course. Well let me finish this and we can walk back together unless you have other plans."

"No I'm eager to get back. I've had a long enough break."

"Well thanks for calling me over here. That was most interesting information. I'll keep you informed if anything is said to me."

The day before the company's monthly board meeting, Maureen called Conrad to her office. Anthony was there.

After Conrad nodded and Anthony nodded back, Maureen invited Conrad to sit and said, "Anthony and I have discussed the options we have in appointing Freddie's replacement. We were unimpressed with the eight applicants and have the option of casting a wider net or making an internal appointment. We have decided to offer you the position of chief accountant."

"Thanks and I accept."

Anthony said, "Is that all you have to say?"

"Yes. You two know me and are aware of my performance so I see no need to warble on about thanks for your confidence in me, etcetera and I'm also confident that I will re rewarded in terms of salary, vehicle and appropriate fringe benefits."

"God you are a cool customer."

"I'm an accountant, and so were you were Anthony before your father elevated you."

Maureen said she found his brief thanks acceptable and said congratulations.

"Anthony and I would like to take you to dinner tonight is that's convenient."

"Yes I accept with thanks. That's a lovely gesture."

"We'll go to my club," Anthony said grandly.

"Um I usually date Christie on Thursdays and this is Thursday."

Her mother sighed and said yes she understood that while Anthony looked really surprised and said he didn't realize Christie and Conrad were that close."

"They become very close on Thursdays, at least that's my understanding," Maureen said without malice.

"Christie has a boyfriend Anthony. She and I are just close friends."

Anthony said, "Well bring her tonight if she wishes to join us. That would provide balance to our party."

Conrad, who currently worked in Freddie's vacated office, called Christie in.

He met her just inside the door, pushed it shut and said, "Please kiss the new chief-accountant designate, subject to confirmation by the board tomorrow, being a senior appointment."

Christie kissed him excitedly and accepted the invitation to dine out at Anthony's Club.

"I thought you would have invited that restaurant manager?"

"Really? You were my first thought. You have been supportive of me."

She then went on about how pleased she was and how deserving he was of his success. Well that was pretty supportive.

Later Conrad signed his new contract and that was counter-signed by Maureen in front of the company's attorney. After Isobel left Maureen chatted for a while and said well he may as well go to the leasing company and select a vehicle, remembering the limit was $30,000

He was pleased for find a new Ford Fusion SEL loaded with extras including an upgraded sound system. He said he'd take it. The company put the lease value at $30,000 and the lease term for four years but Conrad negotiated and secured the vehicle with a value of $27,000 for a lease term of three years. After signing up he was told the vehicle would be ready to pick up in two hours.

Conrad drove to the club that night after getting Anthony's spare parking area entry card. He'd just parked when Anthony, Maureen and Christie drove up in Anthony's black Mercedes. They all said hi and admired the new vehicle and Conrad said Conrad had negotiated very well.

"That same company pinned me down to a five-year lease," Anthony said. "When that time is up I'll get you to negotiate for me."

"And negotiate for me too," Maureen said. She drove a blue Volkswagen EOS convertible.

They walked in and when Conrad attempted to take Christie's arm she pulled away and widened the gap between them. However they was friendly during the evening and dinner went very well.

Conrad offered to take Christie home but she went with Anthony and her mother and that miffed Conrad a little although he knew Christie was entitled to do things her way. He had the grace to be a little embarrassed thinking he'd confirmed her mom's suspicion that Christie and he were having it off and also breaking the news to Anthony in the process.

However it turned about well. Understandably secretive Christie arrived at his home by cab fifteen minutes after he arrived home and she stayed the night and Conrad took her home to change her clothes before they went to work.

She'd apologized for appearing a little distant at the club but she didn't want her mom and Mr Kline to know she was having it off with Conrad. He avoided advising Christie that the two directors knew she was a naughty girl two-timing her boyfriend.

At 9:15 Conrad met his urge to cross the road and tell Adele of his promotion.

The restaurant was quiet and for the first time she sat at his table after pouring Coffee, saying this was an unusual time for him to call.

Conrad told her the news and she congratulated him excitedly, adding that was rapid promotion after being at the store for only such a short time.

"Circumstances," he offered, not wishing to become involved in detail.

"I'd say best man for the position," she countered, leaving him to think that was an intelligent comment because she was right on the button with it.

He asked casually had she received a higher education.

"Yes mom allowed me to get my BSc on the understanding I would work here permanently."

"You said allowed you. Does that mean you'd desired to go on further?"

Adele laughed. "Wow is that how an accountant thinks? I had thought of branching out to gain qualifications in food journalism because it was a particular interest of mine going back to high school but that's faded."

They talked on and Conrad found that her parents owned and operated two other restaurants including the city's premier eating establishment, the Oval Restaurant.

"Mom and dad expect me ultimately to take over from them and this had been my first challenge, to get this restaurant operating more profitably. I'm slowly getting there. Being in a business district the after-five trade is good with the bar trade being wonderful but building day trade has been a grind. Then I worked out patrons generally required quick service and quick meals and that has resulted in some reforms here. I have a sister who is doctor and so I'm the chosen one for the restaurant businesses."

"Have you thought about doing your masters online to better prepare yourself for your future?"

"I dropped that idea of qualifying as a food technology writer or restaurant reviewer."

"No I meant more along the lines of restaurant management and more advanced knowledge of running the show?"

Adele frowned and said she had but other things got in the way.

"After I leave here I often am called in to help out at one of the other restaurants."

"A demand that you could refuse?"

"Yes but they are my parents."

Conrad enjoyed this kind of debate. "Who take advantage of you but would they do so if your afternoons were being devoted to furthering your career academically?"

She thought about that but said she better get back to her station.

"Your answer please."

She almost resisted but said, "Yes I guess they would back off."

"Did you ever have something in mind?"

"Well I did look at an online course, a Master's degree in hospitality and restaurant management."

Conrad pushing hard said, "Perfect, then advise your parents, enroll this afternoon and commence your studies tomorrow."

"Mind your business Conrad," she said angrily, standing and glaring at him.

He ignored that. "You attend to your business and that's your career. Don't be so fucking stubborn."

She flared, "How dare you speak to me like that."

He grinned and said it was called motivation and she clamped her mouth shut and left.

He turned to see if her butt had an angry wobble just in time to see her collide with a customer.

Adele fawned over the middle-aged woman who just laughed and patted Adele's shoulder in a friendly gesture.

Well that would help to cool Adele down, Conrad thought, and when leaving after paying he waved to Adele and she ignored him, turning away.

Rude bitch, he grinned, pleased to find she not only had fire in bed. Adele would need to be tough to run a small restaurant chain in an industry were labor disputes, business failures and flamboyant and temperamental characters were legendary.

Back at the office he thought of calling and apologizing for riling her but decided that would undermine his effort to try to influence her.

She called half an hour later.

"I apologize. I know you were trying to help but you have no idea of the background."

"It doesn't matter Adele what I don't know. Just focus and do what's right for you and manage the collateral damage."

That broke through her resistance. She laughed and said, "Goodness, what have you been reading. Come to the Oval tonight at 9:00 for dinner as a family guest. My sly mother knows I'm seeing a second guy and has asked to meet you."

"You told her?"

"No but mom must have noticed a difference in me and asked why was I rarely home on a Thursday evening."

"Yeah well many times I thought my mom was a bit of a detective, ferreting out things I wished to keep to myself."

Adele laughed and said had he accepted her apology and he said yes and acknowledged he'd pushed her.

"Then you will come to the restaurant tonight?"

"I'll be there."

Ending the call, Conrad found his thinking slightly confused. Had the invitation to dine at the restaurant been issued to allow Conrad to learn for himself what pressure Adele was under from her parents, or for her mom to see this lucky guy who was humping her daughter despite her daughter running with another guy. Or was it a bit of both? Or did any of this really matter?

He sighed and thought he had more pressing business matters to ponder on. Still he regarded himself as being very lucky. While he didn't have the fortune of running with a girlfriend himself, he was regularly having sex with two babes that he imagined most guys would be happy just to lay a finger on. Yep he was lucky and should enjoy it while it lasted. Perhaps the only surprise had been this cozy arrangement of Tuesday and Thursday night fucking sessions had lasted. Why had it lasted?"

"Oh jeeze," he wheezed aloud, "All these questions."

"What questions are those?" Christie said, coming into his office and fluffing out her hair above the back of his neck with two hands, her breasts jumping into his focus.

"Reconciliation problems."

"May I help?"

"Nah I'm just edgy."

"Go over and date that pretty woman over at the restaurant. She might give you a quickie in the pantry if you tell her you are edgy. Women know how to cure the edginess in men."

"I didn't know that?" Conrad said genuinely surprised.

Christie smiled and said well yes, there were lots of behavioral things men knew nothing about.

"Andrew is taking me out to his company's dinner tonight. Is it okay that I go out to get my nails done?"

"Yes."

"I needed to ask because Mr Kline uses the same manicurists and could be there when I'm there."

Appalled, Conrad said, "Andrew uses as manicurist?"

"Yes. I just said that. It's one of the few things that's right with Mr Kline. I suppose you have worked out by now that he and mom do it?"

Conrad's mouth dropped open and Christie waltzed out saying, "Christ don't you know anything?"

The thought of the big slob pushing up the almost petite Maureen almost turned Conrad green. He diverted and considered he'd learnt the regular boyfriend was called Andrew. He then almost panicked. Christie had said Andrew was taking her OUT to the company's dinner. What if the venue was the Oval Restaurant.

Oh shit.

He decided to dine with Adele and her parents and take the risk. There were many other restaurants in the city and if you play with fire you must expect to get burnt. What he was doing in servicing two women wasn't illegal or in his view even immoral; just greedy or as he preferred, being opportunistic. If he was caught there could only be verbal fallout. But would he lose either of them or even both of them?

"Fucking questions," he grumbled.

The mother, who had been born in the country to parents from Albanian, invited Conrad to call her Maria. She was still pretty and rather lively and gave him a good once-over. Could she tell his was a two-timing slime ball who was running with two sexy young women?

She smiled and asked, "What do you see."

"Huh?"

"You were staring at me."

For an accountant, Conrad tended to be quick on his feet.

"I was thinking you were pretty."

"Omigod," she said, slapping a hand on her bosom and laughing.

Now Conrad was starting at her tits. He hastily looked at Mr Sergio and said, "I love the design of this restaurant with the table service area and station of the maitre d' in the central core. It's very novel and appears very efficient but expensive to build I would think."

"You know about restaurants?" Mr Sergio, who'd arrived from Northern Italy when he was seven, asked suspiciously.

"No sir, I only eat in them."

"Conrad is an accountant dad."

"Oh right. Don't call me sir. Call me Bruno. Why do you call my wife pretty?"

"Most women at any age are pretty Bruno."

He laughed and thumped the table with his first and asked, "Are you Italian?"

"No I'm not."

Adele said it was her father's idea of a joke that Italians would really appreciate.

Conrad nodded and when the wine waiter arrive asked Conrad to order.

Conrad said to everyone, "Please name your aperitif."

They did that and he requested a Negroni. Bruno grinned and changed his Manhattan to a Negroni. Conrad ordered a Viognier from South Australia to follow.

Bruno turned serious.

"My Maria says you and Adele sleep together."

Conrad said carefully, "It doesn't matter that my daughter denies me that information. She has a suitor."

"Are you sure Adele regards him as a suitor?"

"Careful Bruno," his wife urged.

"What is this, a conspiracy?"

Bruno your Adele is an adult and can choose what to tell you and Maria was simply urging you to cool it. Have you tried conversing with Adele rather than demanding she tell you about this association with me?"

"No I haven't and I shall cool it, as you say. We shall talk about something else."

There was silence.

"Tell them about your new ambition Adele."

She looked aghast.

Her parents looked at her and she examined the ceiling.

"What is this that he's talking about Adele?"

"Mom he's suggested I progress and gain a Master's in food science to prepare myself for my future in our family business."

"See Bruno, he cannot be all bad."

"Who said he was bad Maria? Providing I learn he has respect for my daughter I have no problem with him being at my daughter."

Both women looked embarrassed and thinking about the constant use of 'he', Conrad wondered if the parents had forgotten his name.

There was silence.

"I have deep respect for Adele."

Bruno looked at Conrad and said grandly, "You take time out to study Adele."

"Omigod," said her mother and Adele kissed Bruno.

Looking at Conrad, Bruno said, "A family that sticks together stays together."

Conrad grinned back at Bruno wondering wasn't that saying about praying together?

"You are so good for my daughter," Maria said and reached and placed her hand on Conrad's arm.

"Maria you have raised a fine daughter in Adele and I'm finding her parents are rather okay and I appreciate this opportunity of meeting you both."

"You think I'm too tough?"

"What I know Bruno is you run a business of three restaurants and one has to act tough to do that. It's a demanding industry."

"But you are in retail."

"In my final year at university down south I worked all summer as relieving accountant for a family running a big restaurant and deli and pizza home delivery business. I gained some knowledge of how the food industry operates and something of the people engaged in it and the principals chasing for money owed them and losing their best people to competitors and the complaints both genuine and self-serving."

"Jeff has no interest in restaurants," Bruno said sourly.

Ah so the boyfriend Adele thankfully never spoke about was called Jeff.

Adele came out to say goodbye and was delighted to find he now had a car.

"Oooh you can take me away for the occasional dirty weekend."

Conrad flashed his teeth at her to show her appreciated her unexpected comment.

"My father will now be telling my mother how very impressed with you. Huh, I could have cheerfully wrung you neck when you brought up that I wanted to do further studies."

"Well it got it out of the way didn't it?"

"Well yes but I felt humiliated by you appearing to believe I couldn't stand up to my parents."

"I apologize. I just seized the moment, that's all. I didn't think you would have raised it with them."

"Well I didn't like it."

"For that I apologize."

"Thank you. Do you want me to sit in the car with you and jerk you off?"

"Yes please."

"Conrad!"'

"What?"

"You were suppose to be a gentleman and say no."

He grinned and unlocked the car and said jump in.

She went around the back of the car giggling.

Conrad drove home elated. That had been the first time she'd swallowed all his semen instead of just sucking a finger scrape of it. He really was impressed.

Ah Christie hadn't arrived at the restaurant.

Well it had been a good night although fucking Bruno was a bit of a hothead although his wife appeared to know how to control him. God didn't women have to put up with a lot of shit?

A cop in an approaching cruiser flicked his lights and Conrad checked his speed, swore and slowed. He thought of his two women and thought which one did he like best?

Hmmm.

He had no complaints really. At twenty-seven Christie was closer to his age but at twenty-five Adele actually appeared to be the more mature woman. Not that really mattered because it could change. Adele was more restrained in bed but that could change too although that probably was due to her temperament. She was the nicer and perhaps more stable of the two but did that make her a better person, er a better companion?

He didn't know.

He and Christie shared an occupational interest but so what? Oh ultimately Adele would become more immersed in running the family business and that could interfere with her availability to date and that could be a pain.