Three is a Prime Number Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AltheaRose
AltheaRose
2,005 Followers

"Drive you where?"

"Well, to their place."

"You slept at their place?"

"Yes and nothing happened. I passed out. End of story."

"Jamie, I feel that's not the end of the story. You're holding something back."

"Phoebe, I did not have sex with them. I did not sleep with them. I passed out. That's it. Then, I overslept and had a pissy day at the office. I'm sorry I never checked messages. Don't imagine things that didn't happen."

"Maybe I should come home," said Phoebe.

"No, stay. Have some fun. We'll have dinner tomorrow and we can talk all you want."

"What are you doing tonight?"

Shit, I thought, she's thinking I'm going back out with the girls.

"Nothing. Just relax, Phoebe. See you tomorrow. Say 'hi' to Abby."

"Okay. Bye. Love you, Jamie."

I probably waited too long to respond. "Me too, Phoebe."

I could hear her breath catch and then the call ended.

I was tempted to pour a scotch, but thought better of it when my phone buzzed. It was a text and I figured it must be Phoebe.

I didn't recognize the number and clicked on the message.

"Rod. Hope ur feeling better. If thngs dnt work out with those two, we know 2 girls who r happy to play. Could be lots fun. XXXO A n R. Nice cock, BTW" There was a picture attached. I clicked on it and was treated to a selfie of Angie and Regan topless and grinning.

"Fuck," I thought. "This is not good." I deleted the text without answering. For some reason, though, I made sure the phone number was in my contacts. I also kept the photo. It was times like this that I knew I could be a through and through asshole.

I guess this is what's called hedging your bets. I felt a bit of a shit for even thinking about it. But, then again, I am a lawyer and I'm trained to think of all possibilities. The girls were young, cute and, as far as I could tell, uncomplicated. The thought of a simple relationship built on hot sex was rather appealing.

I went to bed still hung over and very horny.

The next day at work dragged on. My meeting with Alice, the managing partner, was a little frosty, but I was prepared for her questions about the client. In the end she was satisfied we were doing what the client expected. She did remind me that in the future she expected me to be in the office at a reasonable time. I guess the office gossip climate was alive and well.

At noon I went out and walked to the best restaurant in Portsmouth. I booked a table for three for that evening and bought a $150 gift card for Cassie. I picked up a salad at another restaurant and headed back to the office. After I ate at my desk, I asked Cassie to come in.

She arrived, notebook in hand, ready for instructions. Cassie was close to my age and had been my assistant for almost a year. She was the most organized person I had ever known. She kept track of every detail and reminded me about deadlines and other commitments. In addition, she had a great smile, a friendly disposition that made clients love her and was fluent in both Spanish and French. Why she liked working for me was a bit of a mystery, but I was not complaining.

The interesting thing was I was introduced to Cassie by Phoebe. Cassie was working at the insurance agency where Phoebe was a claims processor.

"She's going out of her mind with boredom," Phoebe said. She knew I was looking for a top assistant. "She's is incredibly organized and really smart. The management at my company thinks that a secretary can only do exactly what they tell her to do. Cassie has lots of ideas on how to make things better, but management just blows them off. I know she would be perfect for you. Why don't you at least interview her? And, she's really, really cute."

I agreed and Cassie proved to be everything that Phoebe said and much more. She learned things so quickly that I never hesitated to throw something new at her. I know that a lot of my success was attributable to having Cassie working with me. In addition, she was attractive and had a sweet disposition.

I asked her to sit and again thanked her for covering for me by not telling Alice I wasn't in the office. I laughed and told her that Alice did find out I was out until the early afternoon.

"No problem, Jamie. You never do stuff like that. I was more worried than anything else. Don't sweat it about Alice, I happen to know she looks at you as a building block for the future of the firm."

I thanked her again. I was tempted to tell her why I was a no-show and my confusion about Phoebe and Amy. In the end, I felt it was better to keep my personal problems, especially sexual problems, to myself. Since Cassie and Phoebe are friends, it would be especially bad form to share with Cassie the details of our private life and struggles.

I handed her the gift card and said she should treat her boyfriend to a nice dinner. "And, Cassie, if this is not enough, let me know and I'll make up the difference."

She smiled and I thought for a second that she was going to come over and give me a hug. We never hugged. Finally, she thanked me and said how much she enjoyed working with me.

"Thanks, Cassie, I like working with you. You are the best assistant I could ever imagine. I probably don't tell you often enough how much I appreciate all you do. And, I do not plan to repeat yesterday's incident. Now, Come give me a hug."

Her radiant smile told me I had made the right decision. She closed the distance and I let her come into my arms. I felt her small breasts push into my chest for a second. She said into my ear, "Really, thank you, Jamie. You are the best."

"Well, as I said I think yesterday was a one-time only incident."

"Jamie, I have your back. Thanks for saying those things. I think I'm the luckiest admin in the firm. I have to listen to the other girls bitch about their bosses. I just sit there and think what a good team we make."

I could see something cross her face. "Jamie, I didn't mean to imply that we are like equals on a team. I know that you..."

"Cassie, we are equals. I could not function without you.

I went back to work. Taking a break, I sent a text to Phoebe telling her about dinner reservations and suggesting I meet them there. I had packed a change of clothes that morning. The rest of the day sped by as I attended to a thousand details with clients. It was late in the day when Cassie stuck her head in.

"Jamie, I'm heading out. Do you need anything else?"

"Thanks. I'm all set."

"Didn't I see on your calendar that you had dinner booked for tonight?'

"Yeah. I'm taking Phoebe and her old roommate out." My iPhone synced with our office calendar.

"Well, it says the reservation is for seven."

"Yeah, that's right."

"Jamie, it's six forty-five."

I jumped up. "Shit," I yelled.

"Is there anything I can do?"

I thought. "Would you mind running down to my car. I have a hanger with pants and a shirt on the passenger seat. I don't want to wear a suit tonight. I'll use the men's room to freshen up."

I tossed her my keys. I went into the bathroom and stripped to my white boxer briefs. I did a quick rinse off in the sink. We stocked the room with all the necessities and I used them to apply fresh deodorant, brush my teeth and was brushing my hair when Cassie appeared in the mirror.

"I think you might be pushing office casual a bit far," she said. I could see her eyes dipping to my briefs.

"Sorry. Hell, they're only underwear."

"Yes, and as the name implies they are something that is designed to be worn 'under' something." She laughed and I knew she was just kidding. "Seriously, though, Jamie, I can see why Phoebe is always happy."

Our eyes met in the mirror and we each grinned. I turned and reached for the hanger. Cassie looked down. The briefs did a poor job of disguising what was underneath.

Cassie continued to stare then and nodded her head.

I looked at the bulge and noticed I could make out the shape of my shaft and even the thick head. There had never been an ounce of sexual tension between us before. Standing there as close to naked as I was, I felt myself reacting to Cassie's stare.

In addition to being a great person, Cassie was terminally cute. She was dressed as usual in conservative clothes. Her blouse hung straight over her chest. Judging from today's and previous outfits, I knew she was modestly endowed in her breasts. It hardly detracted from her appeal. She kept her dark hair cut short and smartly styled. She often wore slacks, but in the warm weather opted for skirts. Never too short, they did highlight her toned calves. Deep blue eyes demanded attention as the rest of her face contributed to the most used adjective for Cassie—cute. Those eyes stared at my crotch.

My dick continued to grow and harden.

"Uh, guess I'd better get dressed now." My dick had almost fully hardened and now pushed against the thin fabric.

"Yeah, and make sure you have a permit for carrying a concealed weapon." She handed me my clothes and grinned as she cast her eyes down.

"Have a good time, Jamie. With that thing, I'm sure you will."

"Cassie, you're not going to say anything. I mean I'm embarrassed about being like this. This could be seen as sexual harassment."

"God, Jamie, I'd never say anything. And, I do not believe for a second this is any sort of harassment. We're both adults and you are not making me feel uncomfortable. I never felt you were being provocative. So, I caught you in your undies, no harm."

"Thanks, Cassie. I should have thought about getting undressed. It's just I am in such a hurry and I'm a bit nervous. And, as far as, you know, my, uh, arousal, I guess those things happen when a pretty woman is present."

Cassie smiled again. "Jamie, a girl can enjoy looking, too, you know. And, if that's because you think I'm pretty, well I am flattered. See you tomorrow."

For the second time since we met, she gave me a hug. I knew she must feel the erection pushing against her, but she didn't say a word. I thought she actually ground a bit against me. My erection pushed up and the top of my underwear pulled away from my body.

Turning her head toward me, she smiled and then kissed my lips. She seemed to hesitate and then I could sense her making up her mind. Her hand traveled the length of my erection. She eased her hand inside and I felt her soft fingers wrap around my shaft. "At least this time, Jamie, you didn't have to wear a blindfold." She squeezed my erection, kissed me passionately and stepped back.

She waved and left. My mind was frozen. How could Cassie know about that time in my apartment with Phoebe and the mystery woman? Then it hit me. For all the time she worked for me, Cassie never let on that she and Phoebe had given me the sexual highlight of my life. I wondered if the women awaiting me a short distance away would supplant that highlight with a new one.

I dressed and hustled out of the office. It would be quicker to walk to the restaurant than to try to drive and find a parking space. Arriving in the bar at seven fifteen, I saw Phoebe and Abby sitting on stools. They had what looked like martinis in front of them.

I hurried over. Phoebe stood and embraced me. Her body felt terrific pressed to me. I kissed her, tasting the gin and her lip gloss.

"Missed you," she said.

"Yeah, missed you, too," I replied. I added, "A lot."

I turned to Abby. She had also stood up, moved to me, and put her arms around me. I looked at her face. She smiled and moved her mouth to mine. She, too, tasted like gin and the same lip gloss as Phoebe. "Although I missed you," she said, "it was like you were with us the whole time. I think you were about the only thing we talked about for two days. But, I must say having you in person is far superior." She smiled and kissed me again, this time running her tongue along my lips.

I searched her eyes for any sign that she was playing me. I think she understood what I was thinking. She kissed me a third time. "Jamie, Phoebe missed you. And, yes, I missed you. That is a dead solid fact." She hugged me tightly.

As we broke, I noticed the young bartender staring. I thought, "Let him eat his heart out." I was with two beautiful women and I was loving it. Phoebe said our table was not ready. I ordered a scotch and sat between them at the bar.

"Have a good time?" I asked.

They nodded. "So, tell us about the night with the beach girls," said Abby with a wide grin.

I took a pull of my drink. "Well, it started out fine. I had a nice dinner at their restaurant. Then I might have had a bit too much to drink. After that I made a total ass of myself and acted like an idiot about how drunk I was. I was too drunk to drive, so they took me to their place."

"Why not take you home to our place?" asked Phoebe.

"Because I was being an obnoxious ass and insisted we go out for a drink. They knew better than to take me into a bar in my condition. I probably would have been tossed on my ear. I refused to give them my address. They figured it would be easier to go to their place and we could have a drink there."

"Okay, then what happened?" prompted Abby.

I felt as if I were being cross-examined by a team, although I did not sense any hostility. And, I knew how to handle a prosecutor.

I also coached my clients to just answer the question. Don't embellish; don't offer additional information. "Well, I tried to make some margaritas, but only succeeded in passing out. The next thing I knew it was the next day and my head was pounding."

"That's it?" asked Phoebe. "You didn't do anything with them?"

"Phoebe, I swear, I did not sleep with either one of them. I passed out. Besides, I wouldn't have done anything even if I didn't pass out." I didn't like how I was clouding the facts a bit. I rationalized that I never did more than a bit of touching and that definitely was not sleeping with them. Inwardly I laughed at how much of a jerk of a lawyer I was being. And, following my own advice I did omit the fact that they told me I felt their butts and boobs. Also, I did not feel it relevant to disclose I received a topless selfie from them with a not so veiled invitation to have the three of us enjoy one bed.

"Why did you go to their restaurant?" pressed Abby.

I finished my scotch and signaled for another.

"Okay, I was feeling lonely."

"Lonely, as in abandoned?" asked Abby. "Or, lonely as in you wanted to get laid?"

"Lonely as in I was by myself while my girlfriend was off in a cozy inn making love to a beautiful woman. Wallowing in that I was not going to have sex when you two were. Lonely as in wallowing in self-pity and doubt."

"Doubt?" said Phoebe. "About what?" Her expression told me she really did not understand what doubts I could have.

I finished half of my new drink in one slug. "About wondering if you were going to leave me for Abby."

That last statement hung in the air. Before anyone could respond, the hostess came to lead us to our table. We took our seats by the window and accepted the menus. The hostess took our orders for another round and told us our waitress would be with us soon.

The silence was growing heavy as we pretended to look at the dinner selections. Our waitress arrived and introduced herself as Melanie. She gave us our drinks and asked if we wanted to hear the specials. My mind was still in a cloud as she recited the choices.

Abby ordered a half-dozen oysters on the half shell and a goat cheese walnut salad as appetizers to be shared. Leaving us to consider our dinner choices, Melanie went to place our order.

"Jamie, I do not want to leave you. You have to believe that," said Phoebe. "I love you."

"What about Abby?" I asked.

Phoebe sipped her martini. Taking a deep breath, she said, "I love her, too."

"Seems like maybe a choice is in order," I replied.

"Why?" she said as a tear gathered in the corner of one eye.

"Jamie, you remember what you and I discussed before we left for Maine?" said Abby.

I nodded.

"We talked a lot about that," she said. "I mean a lot. I told Phoebe about the job offer. I told her how I want to be close to her. I also told her I found you to be a most attractive man. I mean not only physically, but also, more importantly, as a person. I know we've just met, but I have good feelings about you."

Abby paused and placed her hand on mine. "I also told her that I wanted to include you in our relationship."

My pulse quickened as my mouth dried. I sipped some water.

"Did you tell her this as you pulled your tongue out of her cunt?"

Phoebe stiffened and Abby laughed.

"Jamie, that was crude," began Phoebe.

"No, honey, it wasn't," said Abby. "Actually it was quite accurate. Yes, Jamie, I had my face buried in her pussy a lot. But, you knew that was going to happen." I had to admit to myself that Abby was really in control of the situation and took my unnecessary aggressiveness and put me in my place. I liked her even more. She kept her focus and didn't let my petulance distract her. She would have made a good lawyer. I thought the way I'd been behaving that maybe picturing her as a lawyer was far from a compliment.

"So, when I told her about wanting to think about you and us, it was in the context that I definitely did not want to stop fucking her." Abby said this last part as Melanie had appeared with bread and a small bowl of olive oil. Her face was crimson.

"Uh, I brought some, uh..."

"Bread," offered Abby. Melanie's gaze was shifting between Phoebe and Abby. I could only imagine what she was thinking.

"Yeah, bread." She placed the basket and bowl on the table. "Can I get you three another drink?"

"Bring the wine list, please," said Abby. "And, Melanie, do you think Jamie would make a good lover?"

"Oh, jeez, I mean...I can't..."

"Abby, cut it out. Melanie, sorry you overheard part of a private conversation," I said. "Please don't let us embarrass you any further."

"Okay." Melanie went away to the hostess station and picked up the wine menu. She brought it back and handed it to Abby.

We decided and Melanie took our wine order as well as dinner selections. I only sipped a little wine because the earlier scotches were affecting me. I did not want a repeat performance from Sunday night. The appetizers helped absorb some of the alcohol.

We ate and steered clear of any involved discussions about relationships. Abby talked about the offer to move to the Boston office and we chatted about other plans for the week. After we finished our dinners, we opted out of dessert. I gave Melanie my credit card and she brought back the charge slip. I filled it out and waved her back over.

"Thanks," I said. "You were an excellent waitress and I apologize if we made you feel uncomfortable in any way." I had included an overly generous tip.

Melanie shook her head and smiled. "I don't know what you guys have going on, but I hope it works out for you. The three of you seem to really click. Good luck."

Back on the street the ladies took me by my arms as we strolled. I told them I wanted to get my car. Phoebe said they would meet me back at the condo. "I think we need to talk about all this," she said. Abby smiled and linked her arm with Phoebe's as they headed back to our condo.

I arrived home in fifteen minutes to find Phoebe and Abby settled on the couch, glasses of wine in hand. The open bottle and another glass were on the coffee table. I poured some of the white wine and sat across from them.

"Don't want to sit between us?" asked Abby.

"I'm not sure about where I want to be," I answered. "Tell me about your time in Maine."

"Uh, you want to hear about Abby and me?" said Phoebe.

"Not the intimate details," I said, although on one level I was curious. "I mean about saying that you talked about me and relationships."

Abby took the lead. "Jamie, I've been in love with Phoebe for a long time. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've been in love with her longer than you've known her. I pursued her heavily after college, but she wanted time to be on her own to try to build an independent life. I mean one not relying on someone else for validation. The few vacations we shared only served to convince me that I wanted her to be my partner for life. That's not to say we both didn't have sexual partners during this time. For me, every one of them failed in comparison to Phoebe."

AltheaRose
AltheaRose
2,005 Followers