Three Knocks

Story Info
A lost night's sleep.
494 words
3.69
6.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It'd been a long day. It's going to be another long one tomorrow and you can't get to sleep. Patriotically, you let the "Star-Spangled Banner" finish before you give the dial a final spin. Nothing in the ether but static, test patterns and a TV preacher. "The Lord is merciful!" exclaims the preacher as you switch off the set. It feels good to do the Lord's work.

The city lights project long lines on the ceiling of your apartment through the almost-closed venetian blinds as you lie naked in the darkness. You take a deep breath and try to relax. The stress at work wouldn't be so bad except that it comes home with you at night. Maybe some music would help – you make your way over to the stereo to put on something soothing...

The stillness is interrupted by three very gentle knocks at your door – knocks so gentle that you're not really sure that's what you heard. Geez, who could that be at this hour (and just what hour is it anyway)? Better investigate – you slip on a robe and there are those knocks again! If you'd been asleep you never would have heard them. Tying the robe closed, you walk across the apartment and slowly open the door.

It's Sarah from down the hall. You've seen her come and go, and even chatted with her briefly on occasion, but never worked up the courage to ask her out. She's standing in the hall with a bottle of Champagne in her right hand, two filled glasses in her left, and (aside from the argyle socks) she's wearing less than you. A hundred times you'd undressed her in your mind's eye, but you have to admit that your imagination didn't do reality justice. With some success you try not to stare.

"I couldn't get to sleep" she says, biting her lip. She's blushing a little and her voice betrays her nervousness. "I hope I didn't wake you..." She offers you a glass of bubbly. You reach forward and, bypassing the glass, gently grasp her wrist and slowly pull her towards you. Wonder and amazement sparkle in her eyes as she willingly yields. A sultry smile crosses her lips as she reaches around you with her free arm and you receive a more passionate kiss than you'd expected. You feel her warmth as she holds you with all her might, and she purrs as you stroke her back (it would be a perfect moment were it not for that icy Champagne bottle on your back...).

A long moment later you both come up for air. Whew! "Yeah, I couldn't get to sleep either" you volunteer as you motion her in. You notice her keys on the hallway floor, so you retrieve them before closing the door. Turning, you see her curves silhouetted against the stripes of light in the window.

You're pretty sure you're fated to not get any sleep tonight....