Three Lives, Five people

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmm, I can give you fifteen minutes in an hour or so. He's been detained on suspicion of involvement in money laundering and drugs dealing."

"Fucking difficult as he's been inside for the last five years!"

Laura's voice rang out around the small reception area. She stood hands on hips and fumed.

"I would ask you to moderate your language and lower your voice young lady."

George spoke quietly but firmly, Harry raised his hands in a calming gesture, palms flat towards both of them.

"Sorry George, but Laura's a bit upset, as any child would be if their parent were snatched away from them on a public street. George please consider this." Harry bent towards the man behind the counter.

"My client was released from prison after five years inside this morning, he's being pardoned following an appeal which found him wholly innocent of all charges. Now my suspicion is that the new charges are the result of interviews with his ex-wife, following her arrest on a number of counts relating to her evidence in his trial and the assault of that poor constable. If this is so, I would suggest she's acting out of revenge."

He nodded at the Sergeant to ensure he was following Harry's train of thought.

"Now if this is the case, I would expect my client to instigate an action, for false arrest, unlawful imprisonment and if I don't get to see him soon, failure to observe due process. Are we clear George?"

"Crystal! Harry, give me two minutes," he winked and disappeared to the back of the office.

He picked up a phone and pressed the keypad four times, paused then spoke with his free hand shielding his mouth. Grinning he hung up and walked back.

"Have a seat Harry, Detective Constable Roberts will be with you in a tick."

Harry grinned at George and winked. Taking Laura's arm he walked her towards a row of cheap plastic chairs set against the longest wall. They sat and waited, then with a buzz a door opened and a foot followed by half a body appeared.

"Mr Fowles, would you come this way please." Harry and Laura walked towards the opened door. The neatly suited owner of the foot and half a body looked at Laura,

"Who's..."

"My Assistant Miss Jackson, I think you'll find it's all in order. Miss Jackson will be taking notes, is that acceptable to you?"

Harry gestured for DC "foot followed by half a body" to lead the way, Laura felt her lips twitch in the beginnings of a smile. The DC half make a noise then thinking better of it led the way to an interview room. Inside sat a sad faced, paunchy, middle aged man. He glanced up at the group as they entered and started to frown.

"What the.. Harry what's Johnson's daughter doing here?"

"I thought you said she was your Assistant?"the DC blurted out, reddening. Laura grinned and sat at the table.

"Detective Inspector Saunders, I might have known you were behind this little fracas, how are you Gordon?" Harry stretched his hand out, Saunders kept his arms crossed.

"Get off Fowles, why are you and she here, as if I couldn't guess. However, this time we got your boy bang to rights, nailed down, cast iron, solid."

He sat back in his chair and grinned as he folded his arms across his chest. Harry sat down next to Laura and grinned.

"Go on then Gordon spell it out?"

"We have witnesses who put your man bang in the middle of a drugs deal, we have a notebook with his handwriting detailing his deals and which include details of his customers. We picked him up with nearly six hundred quid in used notes and we are currently obtaining a warrant to search his premises as we believe he has been using it to launder the drugs money."

Saunders unfolded his arms and leaned towards Harry,

"How do you like them apples?"

"Okay, presumably you know Mr Johnson was released from prison this morning, after his successful appeal against his unlawful conviction. As an offender he would have had no ability to be present at any venue other than his cell or recreation areas. His business collapsed after his arrest, since he was a one man band. I suspect the notebook, if it even proves to be his, is a list of his former clients and their requirements in regard to his former business of Builder and Decorator. The cash was given to him by me, since he had no access to funds as his cards had expired. Your informant has given you duff information."

Harry grinned and spread his hands wide. Laura suppressed a giggle.

Saunders moved in for the kill,

"We have it on good authority that he was the jails top man in the drugs market, you want it, he got it."

"Ha, ha, haaaah, you are kidding me? Is that it? Is that what you've arrested him for. Dealing inside the jail? Any evidence? bags with his fingerprints on for example? No I thought not. This book, where was it discovered?"

"In his cell under the mattress, they searched the room after he left, following a tip off."

"How long afterwards?"

"After he left is all I know."

"Well you better check, because my Barrister will drive a coach and horses through this nonsense. Any longer than two minutes and I'll have you dancing to a different tune. My guess is you'll be back in uniform, directing traffic if you go ahead. This is so flimsy one sneeze would shred it. I want my boy now, I want him out and home, otherwise I will go straight to the papers and give then the whole thing. Your boss want that on the front page as he's dipping his soldiers in his soft boiled eggy tomorrow morning?"

"I have enough evidence to hold him for questioning..."

"Circumstantial, supposition, hearsay and lies, I warn you Gordon, I will not go easy on you with this. I'm off now to speak to the papers and get Peter's barrister fully acquainted with the case. See you in court."

"Wait, wait! Alright Harry, I will release him to you, but I want him back here at nine tomorrow, no later."

"Ahh, you already suspect this is a fit up don't you. I think I'll take Mr Johnson home and ask him to think carefully about who would do a thing like this. I suggest you check with the prison authorities to see what timescales we're talking in."

Harry stood and crossed his arms waiting,

"Roberts, get the custody sergeant to release Mr Johnson into his solicitor's care, and make sure he's aware he needs to be here tomorrow at nine sharp. No doubt Mr Fowles will be with him."

Saunders pushed back his chair and stormed out, Roberts ushered them along to the custody suite. Twenty minutes later the three of them walked out to Harry's car. Climbing in they sped off towards Peter's apartment. Harry dropped them off and said he's be back at eight fifteen tomorrow morning. they waved him off and went in to the block, and into the apartment.

After Peter had locked the door, Laura threw herself into his arms and sobbed. He held her tight, soothing her, kissing her, until she slowly stopped. They went through to the bedroom and undressed. Climbing into bed they clung to each other, kissing gently. Laura reached for his dick and gently enticed him to a full erection. Moving over him she slowly impaled herself, sinking down until her pussy was buried in his pubic hair. They moved languidly, touching, soothing, stroking, leaning down she kissed him. They held the kiss, their movements slow and easy.Peter reached up and cupped her breasts, she sighed into his mouth.

Slowly they build up the pressure until she rocked on his cock and her vagina spasmed around him, he breathed out and pushed hard against her. She felt the spurts inside and relaxed, her orgasm washing over her. Peter rolled her sideways and they lay still joined, touching each other. Then they stilled and sleep came. Neither moved much during the night. His flaccid cock slipped out of her, she mumbled and pulled him closer. They clung to each other until the morning.

Waking they kissed and embraced. Showered and breakfasted. Peter chose some casual trousers and an open neck shirt. His battered old loafers sat at the back of his wardrobe and he sighed happily as they fitted onto his feet.

"Wow, look at you Mr Smart but Casual. Ready to face the world then?"

"Only if I know you'll be here when I get back."

"Here, no fear, I'm going with you, I am not letting you out of my sight. Every time I do you get arrested."

They laughed and embraced. The entryphone buzzed.

"Harry, we're on our way down."

"OK, I didn't want to come up anyway."

"Well you got your wish then, two minutes,"

"OK, I'll go sit in the car."

"No hang on, we're leaving now."

They put their coats on and walked down the short flight of steps to the ground floor. They saw Harry outside the glass entry doors and waved. He raised a hand slowly and turned away. Joining him outside, Peter slapped his back, Laura, reached up on tiptoe and kissed his cheek. He smiled and kissed her back.

"So ready for this, any ideas who might want to stitch you up in there?"

"Oh only about everyone else inside, including the screws."

"Right well let's see what Saunders of the Yard has to say this morning."

They drove to the Police Station, this time Harry bagged a visitors space and they went into reception.

Harry smiled at the day sergeant,

"Hallo Jim, we're here to see Mr Saunders, can you tell him Mr Johnson is here as requested?"

"Hallo Harry, yes, give me two ticks and I'll pop along and tell him you're here."

They sat on the plastic seats and waited. After twenty minutes Roberts appeared and motioned them in. As if he was expecting it he didn't raise any objections to Laura's following the two men through the security door. The interview room was the same and Saunders sat in the same position, he winced as he saw all three of them enter.

"Fucks sake, you hunt in packs now?"

"Oh Gordon, bad night or shit morning?" Harry asked solicitously.

"Funny, funny. Right well it seems as if our information was not entirely correct. On reviewing the situation it would appear that there is an unsubstantiated period between Mr Johnson leaving the cell and the search and recovery of the notebook which we were relying on. I am prepared therefore to admit that there are likely to be questions over the validity of the notebook and its recovery from the cell he vacated. I would also confirm that there are no signs of his fingerprints, or in fact anyone's fingerprints on the pages or cover of said notebook."

He paused and looked down at the table,

"My inference is that the book was wiped clean before recovery. This tampering with evidence by persons unknown weakens the case against Mr Johnson. I would also suggest that you Mr Fowles are prepared to swear on oath that the funds in Mr Johnson's possession at the time of his arrest were provided by you as a means of enabling your client to buy goods and services pending the replacement of his out of date credit and debit cards."

"I would indeed Gordon, am I to assume therefore that you will now unarrest Mr Johnson and he will be free to leave without stigma or a stain on his name."

"I will naturally be releasing Mr Johnson forthwith and apologise for detaining him unnecessarily whilst our investigations continued. I trust that this will be the end of the matter and that we can shake hands and go our own ways."

"Happy to confirm my client accepts that the Police had a duty to investigate and have now ruled him out of their investigations Mr Saunders. I can also confirm my client will not pursue any action against the Police, believing that his exoneration is sufficient and your eloquence in your apology such that it would not be in anyone's interest to proceed. Thank you Mr Saunders for your prompt action and assistance."

Harry tapped his forehead with a finger in salute and rose, gesturing for Peter to do the same. They stood and left, Roberts trailing behind, until the door, where he smartly dodged in front and picked out the code, swinging the door open.

"Goodbye DC Roberts, thank you for your assistance."

Harry walked out, followed by Peter, and Laura. Mischievously she kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear.

"Don't bother seeing us out any further, I know you were checking out my arse just now. You're such a naughty, naughty Policeman."

She skipped after Peter grinning and flipped the back of her skirt up revealing the tight blue knickers, stretched over the globes of her bottom, she heard the door shut behind her. They emerged into the sunlight and walked to Harry's car, climbing in they sped off towards Harry's office.

Harry sat behind his desk and nursed a large brandy, Peter sat with a glass of whiskey as did Laura.

"So Pete, what's your game plan now, you're a free man, although you will be a witness as Shelagh's trial, as will you Laura?"

"Hmm, well as the business is fucked and I don't really want to spend the next fifteen years rebuilding it, the answer is I don't know."

"You could get on a Government Retraining scheme, very keen on ex-offenders."

"But I'm not an ex-offender am I, I'm a free man with a full pardon."

"Ahh, but you're a wronged man and they love that, helping the disadvantaged. I can see the headline now, 'pardoned man makes good on Government grant'. Love it. Name in the papers, pictures, celebrity status the whole bit."

"Fuck that, doesn't appeal, I don't know. Laura?"

"I don't know, you have the apartment, there's some money in the joint account, I have a job."

"Nope! I am not living off you, that's right out. No there has to be something."

The Secretary buzzed through, Harry annoyed picked up the receiver,

"Carole, no calls means no ca... What, okay put it through.. Hallo this is Peter Johnson's solicitor, yes, okay, yes, of course, yes, yes, wait!"

Harry grinned and looked at Peter.

"It's the BBC want to know if you'd be prepared to go on the Breakfast Programme and talk about your case and the outcomes. Laura, they want you as well. Shall I tell then you'll do it?"

"Uhhh..."

"Harry! Dad and I will do it, when?"

"Wait! Hallo, when? Uh Huh! Right, Okay, fine, tomorrow at five thirty, cool."

He put the receiver down, grinning.

"You have a date with the Breakfast Programme tomorrow morning, a cab will pick you up at five thirty, you'll go on about seven thirty."

"Great, just what I wanted, nationwide exposure as a dick!"

"Dad! It won't be like that."

"Won't it? We'll see, Harry is there any more scotch?"

"Sure, here, take the bottle."

"Fucking magnanimous of you."

"You're my best client."

"I bet I'm you're only client." Peter grinned and raised his glass.

"Well the only one that pays." Harry grinned.

They laughed and drank, later Peter and Laura left to find a cab and lunch.

At five thirty the next morning the three of them stood outside the apartment block waiting for the cab. As the black cab came towards them, they moved to the edge of the pavement. The cab suddenly accelerated and mounted the pavement, Harry and Peter both grabbed Laura and threw her backwards against the low brick wall in front of the block, then launched themselves forward drawing the cab away from her. Winded she lay back watching as the cab driver tried to change direction to catch their sudden movement.

Distracted he missed seeing the road sign on a steel pole just feet from where they stood. With a loud bang the bonnet of the cab hit the metal pole and wrapped itself round it. The driver unbelted smacked into the windscreen, his head bouncing back and forward hitting it again. He lay face across the wheel unmoving.

Laura had her phone out and was dialing the police. Peter and Harry lay back in the road, trying to get their breath. Cars had halted as the drivers watched the incident. One managed to video the scene playing out in front of him. Peter looked across at Laura, her hair mussed, tights torn and knees bleeding. She had her legs open and he could see up her skirt, he grinned.

He waved, she nodded and closing her legs attempted to stand. Groggily she staggered upright, then jacknifed forward and vomited into the small grass area between the wall and the apartment block. Harry sat on his haunches dialing the BBC to advise that they would be delayed. Minutes later the first police cars started to arrive. Ten minutes later the cab driver was being strapped to a stretcher and was ready to be taken off to hospital with a police escort.

"That was the Beeb Pete, they know nothing about you appearing on telly this morning. Fuck, sorry mate, I set you up, I'm so sorry."

"It's alright mate, no worries, let's make sure Laura's okay."

"Sure, sorry, go on, I'll speak to the Cops."

Harry patted Peter's back and watched him cross to the other ambulance that had arrived. He turned as DC Roberts appeared in a car that had drawn up next to the cab.

"Hello sunshine, you're up early, duty detective old son?"

Roberts yawned and nodded,

"Fifteen fucking minutes and I'd have been off home for bed, but no, you bastard, you had to have me dragged up here." He grinned.

"Sorry son, not planned I'm afraid, otherwise I'd have given you a bit more warning."

"Right then Mr Fowles, you better take me through it for the record."

"What's your first name son?"

"David, err, Dave."

"Well I'm Harry, best we get on first name terms I think, we're going to be seeing a lot of each other for the time being."

"Guess so..Harry,"

"That's the spirit Dave, now this is what happened."

Harry put his arm round Dave's shoulder and moved him off to one side. Peter went over to the ambulance, where Laura sat on the seat inside as a paramedic cleaned her knees and checked her vitals.

"How're you feeling?" she asked,

"Sore, you?"

"Sore, Harry's been set up, but why?"

"I can guess, and your mothers name keeps popping up,"

"But why?"

"Just because she's your mother, that's why. Harry's heard she got bail, but had to surrender her passport"

"Hell hath no fury..."

"Exactly, still apart from the cuts and bruises, no harm done."

"My arse will be black and blue, you going to kiss it better Daddy?"

"Minx, I'm sure this nice lady doesn't want to hear this at six in the morning."

"well it probably beats anything I can give her," chuckled the paramedic.

"There you go, approved by the NHS, kiss my delicate derriere," Laura grinned and pouted at him.

"He really your Dad? cos he's a lot fitter than mine," the paramedic grinned.

"Legally yes, biologically no thank God, 'cos he's an animal in the bedroo..."

"Enough, stop there, you good to go?"

"Awww Daddy, am I embarrassing you?"

"Yes and you know it."

"Awww, I'm weally werry sowwy, poor daddy," Laura rasped in a little girl voice.

"Enough Laura!" Peter barked out and blushed.

Laura laughed and leaned forward to grab his neck, drawing him forward for a kiss. The paramedic grinned and began to pack her equipment away.

"You're okay young lady, everything's fine, although those knees are going to hurt like crazy later. Rest, keep warm, keep them dry and clean, paracetamol as required, sign here please."

Laura took the proffered pen and signed in the place indicated, Handing the form and pen back she thanked the woman and stepped out of the ambulance. Peter helping her down the step by holding her hand to steady her. Harry arm round DC Roberts was in full flow, Robert's pen flying across and down his notebook. They grinned and kissed, walking over to Harry and the detective.Harry glanced up and waggled his hand in a come here gesture. They joined the two men and waited to tell their story.

Later they sat in the apartment a glass of scotch each and mulled over the morning's events. Laura shivered and left momentarily, returning with a cardigan, which she pulled close round her. Peter raised an eyebrow, she shook her head.

"It's alright Dad, just feeling a little cold, I'll be fine, don't fuss."

Harry looked from one to the other,