Three Strikes Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Classic! But not as classic as Shane's face when Donovan sat on his lap."

"Or when Jordan showed up. I thought he was going to pass out."

"Are you guys forgetting the best part? We're engaged!"

The recap went on and on until, finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I was confused and felt like shit, so sitting around while all of my friends laughed at my expense, wasn't something I could do any longer. I stood and decided to go somewhere else.

I'd been sitting at the bar, alone and drinking water, when Shane sat next to me. He didn't say anything nor could I look at him.

"I was only trying to help," I offered after the silence had become unbearable.

"Oh, is that what you call that?" He laughed.

I glanced over and saw him smile at his beer. Happy to see him happy, I smiled down at my water, which caused my glasses to slide down my nose, again, so I took them off and twirled them the counter with my finger.

I chuckled.

"How was I supposed to know you recruited someone else?" I shook my head. "I made a total fool of myself."

"There's no way you could've known. Mostly, there was no reason for you to know because I didn't ask for your help. And when I tried to set the record straight, you cut me off. He's my boss, Donovan. He got me the biggest contract of my career and now, I look like a total fool. We're supposed to work together for at least four years. How am I supposed to look at him again?"

He didn't sound angry, but he wasn't happy, either. I, on the other hand, felt attacked and when I feel attacked, I lash out.

"Well, sor-ry! I didn't ask you to tell everyone I was a Tran with STD's, but you did anyway!"

There was a moment of silence before Shane stood, abruptly pushing the stool back. I couldn't bring myself to look at him, so I didn't.

"You're right, I fucked up. What am I at anyway, Donovan? You're the one who likes to keep count. Seven strikes? Eight, maybe? Does it matter anymore? It might as well be seven hundred. Doesn't matter what I do, it's wrong."

By the time I'd mustered the courage to look at him, he was back at the table with our friends. I felt like such a shitty person because he was right, I did keep track. I'd always made sure he knew how far behind he was, but actually, I was the one in last place. I crossed my arms on the bar and laid my head on them in defeat. I felt as though I dug myself a hole that was too deep and too wide to come back from.